What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Scourge Warlock

1111213141517»

Comments

• crystal892fcrystal892f Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    cerberobot wrote: »
    What ? Shadow Sprint is EXACTLY the same mechanic/buffs than GWF Sprint, but with also one more thing that the GWF doesn't have : the moment when you sprint, there is a very little jump, and it's also much MUCH more responsive than GWF Sprint.
    I can't say anything to "GWF vs. SW Sprint" since I don't play a GWF. But GWFs, contrary to SWs, don't have Unstoppable, which also helps with their survivial (nerfed, I know, but still). So I find a little buff to SWs sprint fair.
    warlock sprint is supperior to GWF cause they can do it permanently and probly doesnt have 2 second sprint regen delay like GWF does
    SWs have one feat that restores stamina everytime they are hit. That's why they can sprint so often. But this feat is deep in one feat tree (Temptation), so you have to go all the way to get it.
    But even then, it's nice to escape, but not as nice as a defensive mechanic in terms of avoiding damage in a fight. At least not in comparison with the Shift of other classes (considering their other defensive class abilities (-> GWF)).
  • voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    I can't say anything to "GWF vs. SW Sprint" since I don't play a GWF. But GWFs, contrary to SWs, don't have Unstoppable, which also helps with their survivial (nerfed, I know, but still). So I find a little buff to SWs sprint fair.

SWs have one feat that restores stamina everytime they are hit. That's why they can sprint so often. But this feat is deep in one feat tree (Temptation), so you have to go all the way to get it.
    But even then, it's nice to escape, but not as nice as a defensive mechanic in terms of avoiding damage in a fight. At least not in comparison with the Shift of other classes (considering their other defensive class abilities (-> GWF)).

we also have a class feat that makes us move 33% faster in shadow walk we can move twice the distance of a gwf with less the stamina this is the biggest strength is that SW cant be caught if they don't want to be
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nurmoodnurmood Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yeah i love that sprint speed increase for me its fine how it is
  • l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Feedback (Infernal Spheres)

Love how this skills works however damage is a little low

Suggestion: +2 Spheres per Rank in total 10 Spheres at Rank 3

BuG (Infernal Spheres)

Curse Synergy states This will work at 30' But its not even working at 10'
  • cerberobotcerberobot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 345
    edited September 2014
    So I find a little buff to SWs sprint fair.

Nah, that's not fair, it's already superior as cookiecrisp15 said.

a SW Sprint buff would mean that it'd equal Sprint + Unstoppable of GWF.
  • savraisavrai Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    adent086 wrote: »
    IMHO, the Warlock is a fun class to play..... BUT: It could be made a LOT better if a couple key issues were addressed.

#1 MOST IMPORTANT: Shadow Sprint NEEDS to be fixed. Right now, imho, it is the weakest of ALL of the classes in this regard, by far. There are lots of people that are suggesting changes to how it works. Adding a 100% deflect bonus and/or making you stealth while using it all SOUND great; but lets actually get it WORKING AS INTENDED first. Because, as it stands, Shadow Sprint is just plain broken. Examples: If a monster has a jump attack (i.e. Gnolls, Werewolves, and some zombies and spiders), and it activates its very small AOE on your warlock, and you Shadow Sprint away, the following ALWAYS HAPPENS: You get hit. It doesn't matter how fast you react, it doesn't matter how far you go, you ALWAYS get hit. This NEEDS to be fixed. Pretty please with sugar on top. This is not the only example of AoE's going right through Shadow Sprint either. MOST AoE's seem to completely ignore Shadow Sprint. The game has been getting worse and worse as the modules go by about ALL AoE's not actually BEING or AFFECTING where they are showing on your screen, but the Warlock seems to be affected by this worse than any other class. (Yes, I have all classes in the game to 60 in order to make these kinds of comparisons.)

The next thing that needs to be addressed is what others have termed: "The Warlock is an exhausting class to play."
    Simply put, they are right. Granted, all of the computer controlled enemies (especially at end game) can throw down multiple AoE's, while pulling off two other powers, while moving, and using there normal attack all in the same instant (that was a not so subtle poke at the fact that MANY end game enemies seem to be out right ignoring normal D&D mechanics as to what can be done in a single "round" now days); but we are human beings, we can't do that. MOST of the time while playing a Warlock in normal PvE, you have to be placing Curses, pulling off powers, attacking AND moving, while maintaining full situational awareness; ALL AT THE SAME TIME. Can it be done? Obviously, yes, or none of us would have Warlocks to 60. Can it be done effectively? I guess that depends on the individual player. Is it exhausting to have to do ALL of those things ALL at the same time CONSTANTLY when the other classes don't have to? Yes. Totally. At the VERY least throw Warlock's a bone and have Curses spam to nearby targets on their own simply by holding down the TAB key after you place one, or something like that.

Anyway, those are my 2 cents. I hope they can convince the developers to make what is currently an "OK" class, into what could easily be an "Awesome" class to play. Peace out.

P.S. My ping times to the server average between 50-80ms; so it can't be lag ALL of the time affecting the AoE's. ;)

I completely, 100% disagree with all this. This stuff is what makes the class fun! I love all the mechanics and I like the responsiveness to shadow sprint. I like that you have to move BEFORE you get attacked.

Really, really enjoying the Warlock.
    *Legit Community*

Heather - Ranger
    James - Paladin
    Jet - Warlock
    Royal - Cleric
    Gray - Rogue
    Red - Wizard
    Ios - Barbarian
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    savrai wrote: »
    I completely, 100% disagree with all this. This stuff is what makes the class fun! I love all the mechanics and I like the responsiveness to shadow sprint. I like that you have to move BEFORE you get attacked.

Really, really enjoying the Warlock.
    100% approve of this message. :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • fizbadfizbad Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Right now that everything that is listed to proc off of a Warlock's Curse in fact procs off of a Lesser Curse as well. Is this WAI but poorly described, or a bug that is expected to be fixed?
  • nahk2nahk2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Here are the issues I see:

1. Wraith's Shadow: this power returns a "X is not a valid target" if such entity is friendly or such (such as your soul puppet) instead of just defaulting to the first hostile target in your reticle. This causes problems if your soul puppet is in front of the enemy as is often the case.

2. Soul puppet: this really needs a pet bar so that you can set it as passive / defensive / aggressive. The ability to tell it what to attack would also be very helpful.
  • jaderissjaderiss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm in agreement with those posting before me in regards to the running animation. Can we please, please fix the horrid warlock running animation?!

It looks awful!...like a bow-legged monkey or chimpanzee.

Makes playing my Warlock really hard at times as it is just downright painful to look at.

And it's so bad that everyone notices immediately. Case in point, I recently just got my cousin to start playing Neverwinter and he then introduced his roommate to the game. Well, just the other day, my cousin created a Warlock and I didn't say a word to him beforehand to see if he'd notice and sure enough, not 5 mins in, this happened:

Cousin: "What in the hell is with this running animation? I'm going to have to reroll something besides the Halfling race. It looks ridiculous!"

Me: "Don't bother rerolling your race. It's the Warlock class that has that stupid running animation, not the Halfling. My human warlock runs the same way."

Cousin: "Well that sucks! Guess I'll go back to playing my Hunter Ranger."
    After that, my cousin's roommate brought up the same thing and we all had a laugh.

So basically the moral of the story is that the running animation sucks, everyone notices and it needs fixing hopefully sooner rather than later.

Otherwise great job with the class. :)
  • inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    with the "fix" for Tyrannical Threat coming is there any plans on buffing the SW class to make up at least some of the difference?

The class is currently fine (compared to CWs) but removing 40-50% of its DPS will destroy it's desirability in groups. It's not like it brings (any) control abilities along with damage. There's little justification for bringing a class that can only bring damage that doesn't actually deliver half the damage of the crowd control class.

SW brings only DPS (or, healing and less DPS), and is currently just beneath CW for damage, given equal skill/gear. Yes, great SW can out damage bad CWs, but great CWs easily outdamage great SWs.

I feel this class is going the way of the GWF did post Mod 2. a "bug" balanced the class and made them desirable in PVE, bringing only DPS (or quasi tanking and less DPS) and doing just beneath CW damage. The dev's saw fit to compensate the GWF's by taking the dmg from deep gash and dispersing at least some of it back into the other abilities/feats of the class (though it seems that was later nerfed even further given the state of Mod 4 GWF)

We all know CW is the dev's favored class and we've long given up hope on having that class brought down to balance with the other 6 classes, but could we atleast have some semblance of balance? will you compensate SWs or should we just shelve them, like TR, GWF, HR or any other class that has attempted to compete with CW for pve desirability?

edit: don't get me wrong. TT as it currently exists is ridiculously overpowered. Everyone knew this was gonna change. But everything else about the SW is ridiculously underpowered. They are currently the caster equivalent of the TR. mostly single target damage, over time, with a handful of very low target cap AOEs which hit like a limp noodle. but TT turns them into super CWs. and for those 10 seconds they are insanely powerful, assuming the stars are aligned and everything goes right.
  • kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    CWs was tremendously nerfed, reworked in mod4, their burst dmg was nerfed, the list of reduced feats, powers was 2 pages. 100-150k+ shard/oppforce crits was made to very low dmg making shard out of the picture.
  • str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    kozi001 wrote: »
    CWs was tremendously nerfed, reworked in mod4, their burst dmg was nerfed, the list of reduced feats, powers was 2 pages. 100-150k+ shard/oppforce crits was made to very low dmg making shard out of the picture.

Wrong, wrong and wrong, CW is better now than ever before, I shouldn't even need to state this... How about you go in-game and THEN make assertions like this? Mod 4 CW is master of both PVE and PVP, no question.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited October 2014

My CW feels more powerful now, despite the shard nerf.
  • kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    str8slayer wrote: »
    Wrong, wrong and wrong, CW is better now than ever before, I shouldn't even need to state this... How about you go in-game and THEN make assertions like this? Mod 4 CW is master of both PVE and PVP, no question.

Only because you got much more power and other stat from armor kits, upgraded your artifacts in double RP weekend, having artifact weapon and belt.
    At the day 1 of mod4 the CN runs was slower and cws performance was poorer.
  • tardstelamon01brtardstelamon01br Banned Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Only because you got much more power and other stat from armor kits, upgraded your artifacts in double RP weekend, having artifact weapon and belt.
    At the day 1 of mod4 the CN runs was slower and cws performance was poorer.
    M4 cw is twice better than m3 ones due to 20-30k dot procs lol
  • hejkaspokohejkaspoko Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ok...some feedback then about the warlock class:

At the beginning, I won;t be speaking about pve side of this class, because I;m pvp player (I play almost only pvp for over a year in neverwinter). So there are things which need to be changed to make SW viable class in nvn:

- SW (if I understand correctly) should have similar survivality to CW, greater dps than CW and much weaker Crowd Control than CW. Actualy it has similar (or maybe slightly better) dps than CW, much weaker CC and much weaker survivality. This is the class with the weakest survivality atm. Why ? (I think that there is no need to speak about TRs and other classes, but comparison to CW is really needed) Because CW has shield which can prevent tons of dmg and warlock has no skills/feats which could give him similar lvl of dmg reduction boost...ofc it has some skills which give him +1-10% dmg reduction, but they have very short duration, they require constantly renewing of this dmg reduction boost (like this "hand of plague" or "tornado of blades") and finally they give much weaker dmg reduction boost than CW's shield..

Solution ? I would suggest changing that passive which gives dmg reduction against targets which have curse on them, to giving overall dmg reduction and no +12%...SW atm is such paperlike that SW needs to have at least +30% of dmg reduction in comparison to actual dr SW value...u don;t believe me ? Try to speak to "top" pvp players and to ask them why no one from them is playing SW in pvp atm...