Options

Official Feedback Thread: Scourge Warlock

Comments

• Options
    rodrant64rodrant64 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hand of Blight
    I found it inferior to Eldritch Blast, but then I read:

The damage seems equal, but the attack animation of Hand of Blight seems slower than Eldritch Blasts and it also lacks an AoE on the last hit. Sure, the switch to a melee attack in close range is nice, but I don't think a warlock should be in close range in the first place. I noticed this even in PvE already; PvP surely will be worse.
    So an elaboration of rodrant would be nice. :)

The melee is as fast if not faster than eldritch, and more often than not after an initial round of encounters any surviving mob would be right on top of me. Also, the melee attack reduces the enemies' damage up to a max debuff of 12%.

Also, HoB deals necrotic damage (Eldritch does fire damage) which fits more nicely with the Fury capstone so it deals even more damage on Warlock Cursed enemies.

But I forgot about Eldritch's AoE final hit. So Eldritch for mobs, HoB for single/big enemies?
    Just call me Rod. Member of Grievance!
    CW: Rodrant Turnbul
    TR: Rodran
    DC: Rodrat
    GWF: ROARdrant TurnBRAWL
    Other GWF: Shieldrant
    HR: Bowdrant
    SW: Wardrant Turnlock (my main!)
    OP: Paladrant (on Preview!)
  • Options
    orodalforodalf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    but I don't think a warlock should be in close range in the first place.

According to the spirit of the class, this is not true, especially of the Damnation tree, which is supposed to allow the Warlock to do damage "at a variety of ranges." The fact that you feel this has to do with how squishy the Warlock feels in groups of mobs, I suspect.
  • Options
    draogndraogn Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Along with the running and stance animations, the eldritch blast doesn't seem to have the right color, that bright green color doesn't say dark crackling bolt of eldritch energy to me.
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Any chance we can see screenshots of your combat log please with your character sheet open at the side of it as well as allowing us to see the enemies you are attacking , just saying "they are too strong blah blah" isn't useful feedback without seeing the context i.e what gear you had on , what level mobs etc etc.

I have to agree it is possible. I only got to play around with my Lock on preview a few hours yesterday.

Here goes, and I about fell out of my chair.

My lock was lvl 19 at the time, was in ...**** can't remember the name of the zone (just waking up and not enough coffee), but the one with the Cragmire Crypt and the free artifact class. Anyhow, the mobs in the zone are 2 or so levels above me at this time since I an lvl 19.

I had underleveled all the quests and was just killing random stuff to get the last bit of exp I needed to level up. I was fighting a group of mobs around one harpers. During the fight I got a crit for 43030. So it is possible. My lock is not normal. Long time players on preview can attest we do not always do everything normal, however this is what my gear and set up would look like on live as well.

Now to explain how this can happen. Curse stacked x 5, 3 purple balls around you..and so on...you can stack a lot of stuff and then using your hardest hitting nuke can do this. Gear also matters. Your crit chance, your extra damage bonus, what companions you have, your crit severity will affect crits, and if you have a weapon enchantment ( which I do, yes I have the Mulrandhond (spelled) lock main hand weapon and perfect vorpal. The rest of my gear is meh, nothing special. I do have an augment pet at max level, with a nice set up nothing near perfects for its or my enchants. Augment companion is chicken, fire archon, and the one that gives +500 power and something for a few seconds.

With all this said, almost any class can score a rare huge crit at any level with the right set up, the right debuffs, and the right timing on certain skills.

This crit for 43030 is rare most of my crits were in the 4-6k range.

For what is is worth, he could of hit that high of a crit, no screen shot needed. It does not mean the class is OP at all. All you have to do is test it for yourself.

What all this means is the moon, the stars, and Fareum all aligned for it.

Iambecks is right in asking certain question as gear set up plays a part. But I have to add a certain ability set up is even more important in order take advantage of gear and companions.
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Do low level characters get some kind of damage boost to help them do the Artifact recovery quest? my lvl 23 warlock who only has random green and blue gear was hitting enemies there for over 20k .

ucWTGay.jpg

Ppl always forget to read patch notes to explain Artifact recovery q is a no lvl mini dungeon like any CTA .
    Now look at this patch.
    *In Level Adjusting Events, such as Call to Arms Events, players level 35 and below have had their damage increased. This increase is very small at level 35, but much larger at lower levels.
    Also lvl 20 char with 3000-4000 power can have 100% dmg boost after gaining more lvl the dmg boost from power stat will be decreased .PS: all mobs adds hou have death icon instead lvl have the same increased dmg like in CTA.

I only give some feedback cuz i dont have lvl 60 but in the early lvls i encountered some problems.

Puppet : Simple minded slow low DPS and no skills just simple at will(and somtimes dont even do anithing).The puppet must have some love to share they master stats + hp cuz he is not avoiding red circile hard to summon (y must kill somone ) the middle path is a total waste cuz he die from a single mob and have always the same amout of hp . And total waste in pvp any non BOT player can avoid it cuz he is too slow and hit to slow hit too low and have only 6000 hp 13 % dmr even DC can hit it out in 1 encounter .
    The middle path is not viable in both pve and pvp .(shoud be the survive path)
    Another option in the last feat of middle path mybe the summon can be immune to any form of dmg.
    Anoter suggestion make the summon controlable .

Second : there is no real survive mech with SW
    The Warlock Sprint is terrible hit by rollback like GWF just the SW dont have unsoppable .

Bug:Vampiric Embrace dont heal the amout 50% in the description i deal 6000 dmg i have 4000 missing health and i only got 300 heal ?
    also 6000 dmg 3000 missing healt got 156 hp back deflected .

I have almost the same problem with Accursed Souls i deal with him 7-8 k DMG i got 300-400 hp back but at least i dont saw it reflected .

GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    schweifer, the Tab ability doesn't reduce Damage Resistance; it actually increases incoming damage.
  • Options
    rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This is a performance-related issue:

Tyrannical Threat: Temporarily changes your Curse class mechanic to "Tyrannical Curse", and upgrades any of your existing Curse effects. Those affected by Tyrannical Curse are damage linked, and deal 30% of the damage you deal to them to other targets affected by your Tyrannical Curse

On synergy with: Perfect Lightning Enchantment

Problem: Tyrannical Curse damage portion activates Lightning arcs, which then reactivate Tyrannical Curse on all cursed targets (WAI as far as I'm concerned). However, this progression continues to loop for as long as the daily is active, creating graphic stalls. Animations of powers cast after the daily use are affected, and later use of Warlock's Curse will not show its icon above targets. The issue is only resolved by resetting the map (exiting) or switching characters.

Video attachments:

http://youtu.be/vcXfvtCw7-g (before)
    http://youtu.be/GrrFo4yfYvQ (after)

Note: Building AP first half of videos.
  • Options
    theultimatefunkytheultimatefunky Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    only problem i have is the way the warlock moves, looks like something from planet of the apes :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm going to have to add to the motion for warlocks to have a dodge ability. The sprint just isn't enough, even though a dodge would allow them to survive much better and restore their range on enemies, which is something they're currently unable to do in any way.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I think that even if the sprint effect looks cool (although the running animation doesn't.) a teleport would be better. A sprint works better with the GWF because it's a more resistant and tankky class, but the SW isn't, so a teleport might be a good idea.
    I'm a bit envious though, all those cool effects on the shift ability for CW, SW, and HR and what do we TRs get? we just roll on the floor ;_;
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    azrael4271azrael4271 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have to agree with others, we need a shadow step type of ability. I love the warlock as a class but the sprint feels so out of place. I see a warlock melting into the shadows and then appearing a few steps away.
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Some positive Feedback:
    The armor and wep skins are realy cool. Geat desing.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    harnel wrote: »
    I'm going to have to add to the motion for warlocks to have a dodge ability. The sprint just isn't enough, even though a dodge would allow them to survive much better and restore their range on enemies, which is something they're currently unable to do in any way.

Yes I agree here too , we definitely need to change the sprint to a teleport/shadow shift ability kinda like the CW teleport .

Some positive Feedback:
    The armor and wep skins are realy cool. Geat desing.

Yes I agree with this , I really like how the Warlocks armor looks , even the low level stuff .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Been playing again for about 90 minutes today and just have a quick comment , the Soul puppet needs to be faster ,it us currently slow and unresponsive ,usually by the time it finally decides to attack an enemy the enemy is almost dead , by the time the puppet slowly wanders over to the enemy the enemy is already dead , faster reactions and attack for the puppet please xD
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Bug: Accursed Souls
    If the first hit kills a monster, it will not heal you.

Bug: Warlock's Bargain
    The tooltip is incorrect. Life Steal is actually increased by 12.5% per Rank, not 7.5%.

Bug: Damnation Feat - Wrathful Souls
    Soul Puppets are not Life Stealing 15% of their damage; on a hit in the one-thousands, I get a "[Combat (Self)] Your Wrathful Soul gives 22 Hit Points to you.", i.e., about 2%.

Bug: Damnation Feat - Ghastly Commander
    The tooltip is incorrect by a factor of 5. Life Steal is actually increased by 2/4/6/8/10%, not .4/.8/1.2/1.6/2%.
  • Options
    ahsherahsher Member Posts: 208 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Not sure if it's been mentioned, but something like a guard meter underneath health bar of soulpuppet that lets me know how much time he's sticking around would be nice.

Adventure Grimoire doesnt have an icon.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    the time bar under the puppet is a nice idea.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I feel like 15% of Maximum Hit Points uncapped is too punishing to players who increase their Maximum HP. Just as the %MaxHP damage from the 4/4 set bonuses is capped, I feel that Warlock's Bargain's self-damage should also be capped to a reasonable number.
  • Options
    hitmarkhitmark Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    this skill could use a counter on the button in addition to the purple spheres, hard to keep track of how many you have in the heat of battle. And maybe speed up the animation when firing without a stored charge.

This skill seems to pack very little punch for what is a single target encounter. I swear i do as much or more with a single projectile from Eldrich Blast.

This thing is distractingly large. I find myself not wanting to use Killing Flames in case i summon it.

Reduce the stamina cost. I can barely get out of a single AOE before empty.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Yeah I know just wanted to confirm if they were going to be Cloth wearers, but wizard never uses leather so was wondering

They're definitely leather wearers. if you mouse over the various armor pieces, they say leather on them.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    orodalf wrote: »
    I feel like 15% of Maximum Hit Points uncapped is too punishing to players who increase their Maximum HP. Just as the %MaxHP damage from the 4/4 set bonuses is capped, I feel that Warlock's Bargain's self-damage should also be capped to a reasonable number.
    To be fair here, I've done a few battles with Warlock's Bargain and it's SO GOOD. It's not OP in any way because of the health sacrifice, but if you can get a critical hit with it, it restores all your lost life in 3 ticks, and then keeps murdering your opponent. It's one of our hardest hitting moves, and I love it to bits. Plus, the casting animation is amazing.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    harnel wrote: »
    To be fair here, I've done a few battles with Warlock's Bargain and it's SO GOOD. It's not OP in any way because of the health sacrifice, but if you can get a critical hit with it, it restores all your lost life in 3 ticks, and then keeps murdering your opponent. It's one of our hardest hitting moves, and I love it to bits. Plus, the casting animation is amazing.

No, I absolutely agree; the 15% Damage Resistance boost and the 3/23 incoming-damage-to-outgoing-damage transfer are amazing. I just think that it shouldn't punish people who have more HP unduly...

Also, let me add to my Soul Puppet feedback.

The Soul Puppet seems to have a fixed max HP of 6000 and a fixed Damage Resistance of 16%. I suggest that Soul Puppet share the Damage Resistance of the Scourge Warlock.

Also, Soul Puppets move really slowly, which makes it all the more likely to attract unwanted threat from not-aggroed mobs and less likely to do any damage whatsoever. Please change their movement speed to equal that of the Scourge Warlock.
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Warlock seems very squishy. He can't dodge and he doesn't have much CC. You shared Sprint mechanics between GWF and SW, but the latter can't pop Unstoppable and facetank, his healing is very weak. You need to either increase temp HP amount from Vampiric Embrace or give him more CC (let the Soul Puppet slow their targets, just as an option).
    Too low damage, too long CD, temp HP doesn't worth removing the Curse.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Either widen the cylinder or rework it into some kind of charge mechanic where each second it is held down a charge is spent. Or perhaps give a couple of seconds to retarget (release and press button again with the crosshair on a new target) before going on cooldown.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Yeah increased damage is in CON , very nice since it increases max HP too xD
    hitmark wrote: »
    Either widen the cylinder or rework it into some kind of charge mechanic where each second it is held down a charge is spent. Or perhaps give a couple of seconds to retarget (release and press button again with the crosshair on a new target) before going on cooldown.

They could really do with just making Dreadtheft press it once and let go and it fires the full 6 second charge ,it is really nice that we can move while using it but it is so difficult trying to move about while holding that button down xD
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    So, each and every other class has the ability to see their weapons when they're stowed, which irks me that we can't. If you're trying to come up with a place for the pact blade to sit, I suggest at the small of the back, just above where a tiefling tail would be. Here's an example image: http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b283/pyranack/Sword_Lower_back_zps6cede671.jpg
  • Options
    yperkeimenosyperkeimenos Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Might i suggest that there is another way to look at the way Warlocks walk and stand? If you make a deal with the devil, for lets say power,you have to give something in return,say your soul, but there is always a catch. The catch in this case is that you end up being more beastly and animal like,due to loss of your humanity,or because the Devil revels in your agony for looking like that or maybe so that you'll be reminded always of the price you had to pay. I mean there are so many ways you can role play this apish way of walking.So personally i don't mind it.In fact i kind of like the internal torment my Alter Ego is experiencing as it ads more flavor to the character.
    It's BUGS bunny i tell you.
  • Options
    gipsylassgipsylass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 61
    edited July 2014
    I know it's been posted quite a few times already, but I'll chime in anyway, so hopefully you'll do something about it - the posture and walking animation is just horrible. I was thinking of buying an additional charslot to create a warlock on live - but I really don't know if I want an "ape-like" character...

Question: When creating the character I was really wondering what race to choose - none seems to "really" fit. Prime attribute is int - so an elf would be great - but an elf warlock - hmmm. What's your opinion on this?

Possible minor bug:
    I tried to load my keybindings which work just fine for my copied char, but when I did this a lot of keys got totally messed up and didn't work anymore so I had to bind them again.
    I even tried saving them (from copied char) and then loading them again - didn't work, well some worked, rest got totally messed up.
  • Options
    demonickk23demonickk23 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I gotta say I really like how this class plays.I agree with people on not liking the strange hunched stance they got going on,but the acutally spell animations are amazing.Love the fire spells and how they're an eerie combination of black and neon green.It really gives off that feeling of playing a class that deals with otherworldly/evil magic and power. I've been waiting for them to add a warlock class since the game launched and once it goes live I'm not going to stop playing for awhile lol.I just hope they dont' change the spell animations much though cause that really sold me on look of this class
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    The movement animation seems to be growing on me as i play.

Oh and killing a mimic with the Flames of Phelgethos is satisfyingly sadistic. It looks as if you are pouring liquid green fire right down its throat.

Also, hitting the same target with both said daily and Dreadtheft produce a storm of numbers. :D

Possible bug: Looted pact blade
    I found myself with a pact blade out of a chest while doing quests in Blackdagger Ruins that i can apparently equip in both main-hand and off-hand. Not sure if this is intended, as i didn't see any indication that i could do so on the tooltip. Also, pact blades shows up on the off-hand drop down, even tho i get a error when i try to slot one. Except the one i found that is, as it gives a comparison tip for both my equipped blade and my grimoire.