test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Hunter Ranger Changes

Comments

• Options
    gentlemancrushgentlemancrush Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 445 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2014
    matii1509 wrote: »
    Bug: Stillness of the Forest
    Don't gives properly critical chance.
    bug_hrcr.jpg

It actually does work. The bug there is with the character sheet. You have 48.6 crit chance on ranged attacks only.
  • Options
    matii1509matii1509 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It actually does work. The bug there is with the character sheet. You have 48.6 crit chance on ranged attacks only.

Normally I have 32.6% crit chance (you can see it on ss), with buff I should have 62.6%, not 48.6%.
  • Options
    mirestoudemirestoude Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    lfish wrote: »
    Sorry, I do not understand this well. I get two possibilities out of it. Do you mean ...

1. When player A attacks player B and B is shifting during the attack of A so that B dodges successfully, player A's power gets "interrupted" so he does not get the cooldown for that attack and can retry using his power?

or

2. When a player attempts to attacks someone and wants to interrupt his own attack he can do so by shifting.

If you mean the 2. one, I have noticed that this is mostly (but not consistently) working already before the Mod4 patch.

I read it as that it will interrupt your powers and actually allow you to move. So if you cast a power that has a long cast time, then a big red AOE is dropped right on top of you while the cast animation is still going, your shift will interrupt your casting and allow you to get out of the way.
  • Options
    marko531marko531 Member Posts: 32
    edited June 2014
    Tested, I like almost all changes, but the archery tree gives too much damage on aimed shot, ofc there is well known wild medicine, i like the idea that this gets swaped for a cc immunity feat or DR/deflect, HR can get high lifesteal and regen heal is not really needed. What i dont like is the Combat tree cap feat, it seems totaly useless knowing that Hr dont have any high damage melee at will. Ok to sum itall :

Suggestion 1: lower the damage on aimed shot.

Suggestion 2: nerf wild medicine or replace it with whole new def/cc immun. feat.

Suggestuin 3: Revise the combat tree cap feat, its very bad.

Thats it very good job overall, cheers!
  • Options
    mircalla83mircalla83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 36
    edited June 2014
    marko531 wrote: »
    Tested, I like almost all changes, but the archery tree gives too much damage on aimed shot, ofc there is well known wild medicine, i like the idea that this gets swaped for a cc immunity feat or DR/deflect, HR can get high lifesteal and regen heal is not really needed. What i dont like is the Combat tree cap feat, it seems totaly useless knowing that Hr dont have any high damage melee at will. Ok to sum itall :

Suggestion 1: lower the damage on aimed shot.

Suggestion 2: nerf wild medicine or replace it with whole new def/cc immun. feat.

Suggestuin 3: Revise the combat tree cap feat, its very bad.

Thats it very good job overall, cheers!

You might look at a post by Gentlemancrush (you know, the Dev in charge) a few pages back. Medicine limited to 10 Stacks, not unlimited like now, when they finally get around to actually patch the Preview Server again. Hopefully before July 4th.
    The intention for the HR rework was to make 3 viable Feat Lines, not just 1 for PvE (Archery) 1 for PvP (Combat) and one you can pretty much forget, because it won't make a real difference (Nature).
    What the current 'Combat' rangers do, in PvE, is not Combat, that is Hybrid. What the Trapper is going to be.
    A pure Combat Ranger, even with 10% Regen and 10% LS plus Endless Consumption is simply slaughtered in Group PvE, due to the 'AoE Zones fanning out everywhere'. You dodge 1 AoE, might manage to time it - and eat the 5 others. On top of that, for 90% of the Playerbase (aka those getting routed through the Internet Line Carrier Cogent. The company that actually owns the lines used by the companies that finally rent out their OWN lines to the ISPs that bring Internet to your house), the potential 6 Dodges a HR gets turn into 3, or even down to 2, since you have to doubledodge because the first dodge rubberbands you back into the AoE.
    In PvP, it might work right now, due to the fact that you only fight a handful of enemies, but in PvE Group Content, you rarely fight only 3 mobs. The current 'Combat HRs' only survive by being ballerinas that hop in and out of Melee (and thus ruin their 'Uptime' on Bosses, unless they spend half their time plinking away in Archery).
  • Options
    arcticblitzarcticblitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I jumped on mimic a couple of days ago to give the changes a whirl, I am a casual PVE only player so that was all I tested. I couldn't find a party so didn't have a chance to run a dungeon ( hopefully I'll get a chance in the next few weeks) ran some solo content IWD, Shar and a couple of the new content area's including heroic dragon encounter. My HR is 14.8k GS full archery spec, Forest lord set running a greater frost weapon enchant in ancient trapper set & a stone companion. I just installed ACT so i should have logs for future tests.

Over all I liked the damage feel in my rotation style, it didn't feel over powered.
    Split Shot on a medium hold was good to clear trash mobs of poweries / withers in Shar (not a strong as mod 2 , but better than mod 3).
    Setting up a long ranged Aimed Shot felt rewarding as it takes a fair amount of positioning to get max range while soloing and not overpowered for my build ( largest hit on heroic dragon encounter was 33k with Prey).
    Survivability is pretty balanced against a small mob 2 - 3 ( I have about 9% LS ) I can heal. If I get swarmed by 4 - 5 heavy hitters I needed to potion heal and get distance.

Possible Bug : Predator
    Needs more testing but i couldn't get it to activate prey very often with RoA or Thorn Ward

Possible Bug : Seismic Shot in IWD
    Doesn't push and group mobs who are black ice empowered ( glowing eyes). I don't recall this happening on live.
    Blitzy : PVE only Barbarian
    Martin ConDion PVE only Ranger

Guild Founder: -HunterS-
  • Options
    syn100syn100 Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Tested Archery and some hybrid builds with T3 feats from archery (increase damage) and from trapper (increase roots duration): is a nice hybrid :).

Im from the start in NW was always full archery specs: overall dont like much the new archery path with zero CC control.
    The my build in live is alot more funny and tactical and much better.

With the increase damage is easy erase the low level mobs in Dead Ring and Sharedar (as was with the old split shot), but is a bit more challenge in IWD.

Soloing now in live Heroic Encounters in IWD is more easy and less dangerous, (I have full archery specs and 5 points in nature blessing for more heal from oakskin).

The heal nerf is huge with 20% lesser heal and the nerf of PvP set heal)... with my live build need lesser time (more self heal and more CC controls) and zero heal pots.. with the new archery need always heal pots and more time becouse need alot more double and triple dodge and the dps go down, also the new archery is lesser forgive with mistakes.

My 2 cents suggestion for a better full archery specs:
    - lower the damage to 20% from 30%;
    - lower the damage to 20% from 30% for prey in the capstone;
    - increase the min dmg and lower the max dmg of splitshot (same average dps, but more reliable... the 5x in the damage range is too high).
    - add at the archery capstone 90' range (and cap... aspect of the falcon dont increase the range over 90').. so is possible slot twinblade (12% increase dmg, maybe buff to 15% dmg) in PvP for more AOE dmg with 3 or more targets, but without increase the damage on single target;
    - give a bit of usefull CC... 1 seconds AOE roots with costrict arrows and 2 seconds root (single target) with binding arrows.

so AoE dmg max is now (30+12=42%) with my suggestions become 20+15=35%, but single target dmg increase drop to 40% from 60%, but gain some little CCs.
    HR Syncro - The Equalizer - PvP stats: 10000/4800 (kills/deaths)
  • Options
    savraisavrai Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Changes to the HR are good from a PvE standpoint, not really much changes anyways. But people with very little info and very strong opinions tend to be the vocal minority, so I'm going to go ahead and give the professionals with tons and tons of behind the scene data the benefit of the doubt. My only concern is that my Nature HR with Forest Lord armor set doesn't seem to do anything useful anymore. The only time nature became useful was with the capstone that doubled the buff. With no buff doubling, all the buffs seem to weak to be used.

Which begs the question, can the Forest Lord set bonus change to something more like the Dark Fey seal set? I love the idea of grasping roots feated to do damage over time, and it's noticeable and nice, but again, the buffs are just too weak to use, so the FL set doesn't really DO anything.

But I don't know, maybe some Forest Lords will still be buffing.

Thanks!
    *Legit Community*

Heather - Ranger
    James - Paladin
    Jet - Warlock
    Royal - Cleric
    Gray - Rogue
    Red - Wizard
    Ios - Barbarian
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Please buff this power. Before M3 you buffed it to bring it in line with the proposed Split Shot nerf (25% of what it was). However when you realized Split Shot was overnerfed and brought it back to 50% of what it was you did not bring up Electric Shot to match the Split Shot changes.
    The result is that I still use Clear the Ground in Melee and refusing to touch Electric Shot when in Ranged and end up slotting Split Shot for Ranged exlcusively and Clear the Ground for Melee. I would really love to bring a single target on by bar but Clear the Ground is my preference in melee over split strike and Electric Shot can not replace Split Shot (still).
    Please double Electric Shot's damage to bring it in line with Split Shot.

Off Topic Note: Somebody said Electric Shot does mid charge split shot damage?
    Split Shot does 1,116-3,919 while Electric Shot does 726-872. (my numbers, your milage may vary) Split Shot non-charged does at least 200 more damage than Electric Shot.

The only reason to use Electric Shot over Split Shot is if you are worried about AoE sizes. In other words opting to hit less targets and do less damage for the sake of threat levels. *Are you kidding me look*

Bug: Rapid Strike
    Disclaimer: This is a bug I experience on live but I assume it is also on Preview. Rapid Strike "stutters" if the reticule goes on and off a moving target. It's like the game can't decide whether there is a target or not. It's hard to tell if this is just a visual bug or if it effects damage output but I know it drives me crazy when I see it and it does happen against targets other than dummies.
    Video Evidence
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Please buff this power. Before M3 you buffed it to bring it in line with the proposed Split Shot nerf (25% of what it was). However when you realized Split Shot was overnerfed and brought it back to 50% of what it was you did not bring up Electric Shot to match the Split Shot changes.
    The result is that I still use Clear the Ground in Melee and refusing to touch Electric Shot when in Ranged and end up slotting Split Shot for Ranged exlcusively and Clear the Ground for Melee. I would really love to bring a single target on by bar but Clear the Ground is my preference in melee over split strike and Electric Shot can not replace Split Shot (still).

Split Shot does 1,116-3,919 while Electric Shot does 726-872. (my numbers, your milage may vary) Split Shot non-charged does at least 200 more damage than Electric Shot.

The only reason to use Electric Shot over Split Shot is if you are worried about AoE sizes. In other words opting to hit less targets and do less damage for the sake of threat levels. *Are you kidding me look*

Disclaimer: This is a bug I experience on live but I assume it is also on Preview. Rapid Strike "stutters" if the reticule goes on and off a moving target. It's like the game can't decide whether there is a target or not. It's hard to tell if this is just a visual bug or if it effects damage output but I know it drives me crazy when I see it and it does happen against targets other than dummies.
    Video Evidence
    the melee counterpart of split shot has a weird zoom in zoom out animation that cause me headache.
  • Options
    cindiklecindikle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 43
    edited July 2014

Video Evidence

I'd like to add to this. I'd like to see it work differently. Instead of just more damage.

-Increased number of targets. Making it stronger depending on the situation.
    About as creative as "more damage" but any buff would be nice
    -Have it auto-proc Split the Sky on by charging targets.
    Split the Sky is very situational. You need someone who will take hits. You need enough mobs to make it worth the long cast time. You need mobs to stay under it. Although in the perfect situation it's very strong. Even if it deals reduced damage(SS at max for me is listed as 4k. ES/StS is 2.8k. Perhaps 50% damage with a +5-10% for each point in Stormcaller's Arrow.)
    -Turned into a Chain Lightning type ability. Linking targets damage. Allowing use to follow up with encounter abilities to spread damage.
    Each hit charges nearby targets(no target limit on the charge, still limit on targets damaged). Each charge being worth 30%. Next single target encounter spreads it's damage to spread targets(following proper limits). This would make it somewhat situational. And could prove to be very strong with Hawk Shot. But would make it very rewarding to keep great positioning.
    -Have it charge targets, granting a chance for any source of damage to have a small chance to proc more damage.
    Kind of like how Blade Storm works. But procs on any damage(small chance). Maybe have a high chance, but procs consume charges limited how often it can proc. This would be the most interesting one to me. As it doesn't always hit the same 5 targets. Allowing us to have multiple targets charged. Spreading this could be very strong. But that would be a skill based effect more than anything. But I suppose so would the 2nd idea.

Personally would like the second one. Much more unique. Could easily remove the duration increase as we're getting 50% faster encounters. They would often overlap.
  • Options
    edelweiss90edelweiss90 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I tried all three trees, and I think you're going in the right direction.

Archery tree:The boost in damage is good and makes the HR a bit more viable in PVE. Also, for those who are moaning about the increase in damage, you have to remember that with the changes to roots and to constricting arrow this tree loses every possibility of CCing the enemy making it almost "oneshottable", since HR is the squishiest class in the game. Still, there is a problem. Aimed strike does too much damage and can oneshot most classes in-game even with low GS if one has a good amount of ArPen.

Aimed Strike suggestion: Nerf the damage (maybe 15/20%) or increase the charge up time (1 second more or so).

Combat tree: I find it terrific, but there is still something to adjust.
    Wilds medicine gives far too much regen; a good solution could be a cap to the stacks you can get. NEVER put on it an internal cooldown, since it'd make it a useless feat. Please, don't do it, it's beautiful as it is; just give it a stacks' cap. And for the whiners, Wilds medicine could seem a bit OP, but you have to remember that the HR will lose the stamina from the current T1 combat and that means, less dodges (= less CC immunity, more damage taken, and so on and so forth) so the combat HR will actually NEED a feat like this.
    Another problem is the very low DPS, most probably because of the highcooldown/lowdamage melee skills. Since I think reducing the cooldown on this skills is not a viable option (it'd make the DPS of Trapper HRs far too high), I'd suggest to increase the lowering on cooldowns given by Serpent Weave to 0.75 sec (if 1 is too much). Also the 15% piercing damage from Piercing blade is almost unnoticeable.
    Finally, the cap feat, as someone already highlighted, is completely useless since the only At-will with high damage is Aimed Strike, but the Flurry thing affects only the first tick. Would be nice if it affected every tick of Aimed strike, maybe increasing the internal cooldown to 15 seconds in order not to make it OP.

Suggestions
    Wilds medicine : give it a cap around 15 stacks
    Serpent Weave: increase the lowering on cooldowns to 0.75 sec or so.
    Piercing Blade: increase the piercing damage.
    Hurricane Blade: make it affect all ticks of DOT at-wills such as Aimed strike or Careful attack and increase the internal cooldown to around 15 seconds

Trapper tree: amazingly funny, but it ends there.
    This new tree has a very high potential for pvp because of an extremely high DPS. Love the new Aspect of the serpent skill and feat and all the other ones. But it lacks survivability. Losing it is ok for archery tree because it deals all the damage with ranged attacks.
    But for DPS and to really be effective, a trapper HR needs to go melee and he has nothing that gives him CC immunity or increased DR, making it completely useless in pvp (unless you're a 18k GS HR killing enemies with just one rotation of skills). One CC by a CW and you're dead.

Suggestion: give him something for survivability.

The 4th set bonus giving the 500 points buff on 2 stats is completely useless, you should replace it with something new.

Boost other classes, especially GFs (they should be even more tankier - OT: the 4% HP bonus on CON is not enough. As it will be in Module 4, we'll see HR everywhere, and we DO like diversity in online games. Diversity should be a priority for Devs of all games.

Hoping not to have written too much, I'm looking forward to your replies.

See ya all ingame
    :D
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    -snip-
    They are adding a cap of 10 stacks for Wilds medicine already the next update to preview, which should be this week according to gentlemancrush, if nothing goes wrong and delays it.
  • Options
    jabsolumjabsolum Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I would like to provide some feedback on the Archer path. The Archer is discribed as a sniper who carefully picks her targets and it makes sense that high damage would be inflicted on said target. The general opinion though is that a little too much damage is being applied, and I believe this can be fixed with a capstone change and instead an added utility which would support the careful actions of a sniper.

Right now the capstone is,

•Predator: Using a ranged encounter power on a foe applies Prey to your target. You deal 30% additional damage to your Prey. You may only have 1 Prey at a time. Prey lasts 20 seconds or until the Prey dies.

Removing this alone would reduce a good amount of damage.

What I would like to see is a utility capstone like,

•Escape Route: Your Marauders Escape encounter power now breaks you free of control powers

or

Using a ranged encounter power on a foe applies Prey to your target. You gain an additional <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>% resistance to your preys control powers for <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> seconds

Just my thoughts.
  • Options
    thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Allow me to add my 2 cents.
    I've been playing with new combat tree for a bit and this is what I see. Will try to provide detailed explanation of my conclusions.

Case - supect all "defensive" HR stormwarden in profound combatting pvp gear with vorpals and all boon in deflect, regen, tayan wall and so on. Deflect around 2200 defence around 1000. 700 life steal. ~27% deflect chance.

situation one - in pvp area for IWD. No atack from HR. 3 mobs. To get to 10 Wild medicine cap it took me half of my health and was dropping low. Remember no atack just stand still.Most count I was able to get with 4-5 enemies is around 11-13.

situation two in same but with atacking - wild medicine on 3-4 mobs never get over 5. mostly 3-4.
    And now final notice - we have bug "heal on deflect" that triggers healing of profound and wild on its own. So now it should be fixed and trigger only on attack deflected.

situation 3 - icw with 7-10 mobs - merchants under attack. A lot of dogging!! or you will be killed in one two attacks. Still using potions and escaping combat to shot from distance.

Conclusion and FEEDBACK
    keep cap for Wild Medicine with 10 cap and fix (as mentioned before) deflect mechanic. No cooldown or it will ruin it.

2nd notice
    before combat hr were more hybrids with melee attack that cools range - so you could jump out, make some shoots or some buffs, jump in. Now since we have no range cooling usage of range encounters is rare. Just in engagement and maybe 1-2 time during combat. Before you could drop fox twice with disruptive shot, stormwarden action and melee attacks. Now it is not even close and it limit combat time in archer stand to 10-20% most. This is somewhat I assume is intended and good. But it bring problem that was mentioned about and in my eyes is way serious.
    Another problem is the very low DPS, most probably because of the highcooldown/lowdamage melee skills.
    Since I think reducing the cooldown on this skills is not a viable option (it'd make the DPS of Trapper HRs far too high), I'd suggest to increase the lowering on cooldowns given by Serpent Weave to 0.75 sec (if 1 is too much). Also the 15% piercing damage from Piercing blade is almost unnoticeable.

We fight in melee only and we have very low dps for that. Basically look at what GF GWF can do. Not saying that we should be buff till that but damage should be increased and cooldown lowered (or as suggested Serpent Weave increased). Now melee is mostly only attack left button, attack right button, dodge, dodge, dodge, attack attack attack, use one encounter, repeat.

We have only one control power - boars charge and is is long recharge and low time effect.
    So Hr in combat have rear control change and is mostly at-will fighter that need life steel and wild medicine. Otherwise - its a trash. No use of control - since it is trapper now, low range damage, so you can not work as hitter in boss fight.

My suggestion is FEEDBACK

- we should give HRs deflect chance not deflect % based on rating - it is useless now and will be lower than 1%.
    - Warden's Courage - does anybody uses it a lot? - increased damage but you will just be a glass cannon and dye in close without extreme deflect
    - Wild medicine - cap at 10. no CD
    - don't nerf profound gear with 2 sec CS - it will almost useless and people have a lot of work for it.
    - give some control abilities or bleeding effects to encounter in combat tree instead of Warden's courage.
    - increase Serpents Wave to 0.75 - 1 sec.
    - Piercing damage is around 150 with 1000 hit. It can be all reached with Armor Pen. It is unnoticeable as one hit.. Make it bleeding and tick! This is will us some control - so it would interrupt at least aimed shot.
    - increase of damage in 25 feet is good but it work only in melee. We don't have effective encounters in melee that work more then 11 feet (thorn strike) so no effect really since we still have low damage in melee stand. Either give damage increase to archer stand too - preferable - or give some more melee damage to it.
    - Maradures should give some CC breaker. Nothing now and it leads to point where one CW or HR -trapper and you are done.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    After playing against the HR on a few characters, I am very concerned for the future of PVP since this class is VERY powerful. It was already arguably the best class in pvp and I feel like it got a boost.

Im not here to cry about losing to HRs on the PTR, merely to provide feedback that I felt things like Thorn ward with the new damage boosts was hitting both GF and GWF insanely hard.

I posted feedback a while ago about how some of the feats, IMO, are providing alot of +damage and maybe more than they should?

I mean:
    Unflinching Aim: 6/12/18/24/30% more Ranged Damage.

Thats a T3 feat and provides more damage than most classes capstones...

Bottomless Quiver: 10/20/30/40/50% shorter Ranged cooldowns.
    Seems also VERY strong in combination seeing that you can have thorn ward with quite a bit of uptime.

I dont plan an HR, I merely play against them so maybe others who play the class can give good feedback as to what should be toned down. I do know I got on a friends HR to test, and was able to nearly 2 shot a DC (in full10s with PVP gear)... I was able to get over 30k aim shots - which I know aim shot isnt common in PVP, but if I could do that, I cant imagine what skilled HRs can do.
  • Options
    gentlemancrushgentlemancrush Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 445 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2014
    We are making some adjustments to both Ranged and Melee hunters. Ranged Hunters are doing too much damage, but Melee hunters aren't quite getting into the attack and damage cadence we wanted so we are making a handful of changes. These should hit in the next week or two.

Hunter Rangers
    Archery:
    Unflinching Aim: Now grants 4/8/12/16/20% more damage (down from 6/12/18/24/30%).
    Bottomless Quiver: Now grants 6/12/18/24/30% faster recharge speed (down from 10/20/30/40/50%).
    Predator: Now grants 25% increased damage (down from 30%).

Combat:
    Piercing Blade: Now deals 4/8/12/16/20% Piercing damage (up from 3/6/9/12/15%).
    Blade Hurricane: Blade Hurricane no longer has a cooldown.

Thank you all for your continued feedback!

Chris "Gentleman Crush" Meyer
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    We are making some adjustments to both Ranged and Melee hunters. Ranged Hunters are doing too much damage, but Melee hunters aren't quite getting into the attack and damage cadence we wanted so we are making a handful of changes. These should hit in the next week or two.

Hunter Rangers
    Archery:
    Unflinching Aim: Now grants 4/8/12/16/20% more damage (down from 6/12/18/24/30%).
    Bottomless Quiver: Now grants 6/12/18/24/30% faster recharge speed (down from 10/20/30/40/50%).

Combat:

That's too bad. So much for HRs being wanted for any dungeon group. I don't think a single person said an HR blew everyone away in overall damage in PVE in a group.

People mostly complain about high aim shot damage which is like impossible to get off in PVP and who the hell cares in PVE, a single target slow shot...

I don't know, it just seems with the new changes, nothing will be different and it's going to be a whole lot of changes for absolutely nothing.

HR is still going to be great in PVP in combat, but suck in PVE compared to other classes in overall damage. People are still going to stack CWs in PVE.

If anything, all CWs are just going to spec Oppressor, and without GWF prones or HR constricting arrow stuns, they might end up being the best class in PVP too.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    dam182dam182 Member Posts: 40
    edited July 2014
    I think the changes to combat spec will be nice, you can try more burst damage. As for archery nerfs, thats unfortunate that it will lose some of its pve value, but 6k thorn ward crits are way too much in pvp.
  • Options
    arcticblitzarcticblitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I look forward to testing the impacts on Archery in the next few weeks in PVE, If this is being done to balance PVP could the dev's look at other options.

Suggestion : Separate damage multipliers for NPC's and Players, (as it's already being done for CC in PVE / PVP with prone / stun effects)
    Blitzy : PVE only Barbarian
    Martin ConDion PVE only Ranger

Guild Founder: -HunterS-
  • Options
    oicidrazoicidraz Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    That's too bad. So much for HRs being wanted for any dungeon group. I don't think a single person said an HR blew everyone away in overall damage in PVE in a group.

People mostly complain about high aim shot damage which is like impossible to get off in PVP and who the hell cares in PVE, a single target slow shot...

I don't know, it just seems with the new changes, nothing will be different and it's going to be a whole lot of changes for absolutely nothing.

HR is still going to be great in PVP in combat, but suck in PVE compared to other classes in overall damage. People are still going to stack CWs in PVE.

If anything, all CWs are just going to spec Oppressor, and without GWF prones or HR constricting arrow stuns, they might end up being the best class in PVP too.

I just went to Preview with my GF and saw a almost 18K GS CW having a pretty balanced fight with a 16K HR (the HR was a lot of time almost killing the CW, but at the end he couldn't), also I fought the HR (13.5K GF) and he killed me but I could survive more, my impression was that this is going in the right way to balance PvP.

In the case of PvE, have you tested your HR in some dungeons?, like 1-2 week ago I just ran CN with some GWFs/HRs/CWs in the preview and the HR was outdpsing all by a lot, so I think they will surelly still do a lot of damage...

Look the bright side, actually HR is 1st in PvP and in a decent place in PvE compared to GFs (bad in all), and TRs (bad at PvE good at PvP), etc... you will see that if you look PvP and PvE HRs are in a good position compared to others.
  • Options
    futuunfutuun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hunter is a subclass of ranger introduced in Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms. Hunters have a controller role instead of striker. link
    Ok so.. after mod 4 we will be striker with no dps and controller with no control.
    Good job devs.
    0LQASjV.png
  • Options
    brzezin1brzezin1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    On preview HR is so OP i play as DC with 39k hp 50 Dr and 31% deflect and with hr i die in 5 sec split shot shot me for 15k so this is so wrong, only hr be the most op class in pvp .
  • Options
    syn100syn100 Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    After playing against the HR on a few characters, I am very concerned for the future of PVP since this class is VERY powerful. It was already arguably the best class in pvp and I feel like it got a boost.

Im not here to cry about losing to HRs on the PTR, merely to provide feedback that I felt things like Thorn ward with the new damage boosts was hitting both GF and GWF insanely hard.

I posted feedback a while ago about how some of the feats, IMO, are providing alot of +damage and maybe more than they should?

I mean:
    Unflinching Aim: 6/12/18/24/30% more Ranged Damage.

Thats a T3 feat and provides more damage than most classes capstones...

Bottomless Quiver: 10/20/30/40/50% shorter Ranged cooldowns.
    Seems also VERY strong in combination seeing that you can have thorn ward with quite a bit of uptime.

I dont plan an HR, I merely play against them so maybe others who play the class can give good feedback as to what should be toned down. I do know I got on a friends HR to test, and was able to nearly 2 shot a DC (in full10s with PVP gear)... I was able to get over 30k aim shots - which I know aim shot isnt common in PVP, but if I could do that, I cant imagine what skilled HRs can do.

You are wrong, some HR archery builds use alot aimed shot (and the damage is about the same in live as in preview (minus the increase dmg from eventually prey)... 20% increase damage from distance in live and 20% general increase dmg in the preview now)... with 3 CCs powers is easy use aimed shot in 1 vs 1.

In live we have 20% increase dmg from distance, in preview 20% general increase dmg (hardly a super buff.. if u shot now in live at max distance (without prey) the dmg is equal at the dmg in preview).

For AoE dmg the nerfed old split shot (25% dmg nerf) give more dmg of preview split shot (add also the 20% increase dmg from distance and the old split shot dont was a game changer, especially in PvE with 45% more dmg or 57% with twin blade (20%+25%+12%).

Ridicule 25% increase dmg for prey, but nothing for use that 1 vs 1... (now in live u can use alot aimed shot with CC stuffs and give 100% increase dmg respect split shot (in real more that 200-300% in dps... without CCs stay 2 seconds blocked for a full split shot is pure suicide).

The Mod4 is a huge nerf for archery path.. 50% lesser heal... remotion of all CC powers.
    HR Syncro - The Equalizer - PvP stats: 10000/4800 (kills/deaths)
  • Options
    gilbertojhungilbertojhun Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Hunter Rangers
    Archery:

Combat:

NO, please! The Hunter Ranger needs to be the best DPS if Archery Tree. No one wants a HR in PVE cause they are uselles right now... We have better dps, control, tanky and helar classes than HR, so, what is its role on PVE? Please, Nerf this feats only on PVP, I agree it's overpowered on PVP, but on PVE HRs need to be the best DPS class, and quick attacks to do more damage to be called for dungeons.
  • Options
    gilbertojhungilbertojhun Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Please try this suggestion: Unflinching Aim: Grants (6/12/18/24/30%), Marked for PVP (4/8/12/16/20%).
    Bottomless Quiver: Grants (10/20/30/40/50%), Marked for PVP (6/12/18/24/30%). Predator: Grants 30% increased damage, 25% on players.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Please try this suggestion: Unflinching Aim: Grants (6/12/18/24/30%), Marked for PVP (4/8/12/16/20%).
    Bottomless Quiver: Grants (10/20/30/40/50%), Marked for PVP (6/12/18/24/30%). Predator: Grants 30% increased damage, 25% on players.

As was pointed out earlier, we are already seeing abilities like stuns altered on players so why can't something like this be implemented? It would go a long way to solving the pvp balance issues while preserving its potency in pve (which I'm led to believe what the MAJORITY of NW playerbase prefer and the devs seem to cater to).

Once again changes are being made for pvp reasons and the real concern is that the move will hurt the vastly more popular pve playerbase. Just split the abilites for NPC's and players already and focus on some or the more glaring errors in the game.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    rayrdan1rayrdan1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    lirithiel wrote: »
    As was pointed out earlier, we are already seeing abilities like stuns altered on players so why can't something like this be implemented? It would go a long way to solving the pvp balance issues while preserving its potency in pve (which I'm led to believe what the MAJORITY of NW playerbase prefer and the devs seem to cater to).

Once again changes are being made for pvp reasons and the real concern is that the move will hurt the vastly more popular pve playerbase. Just split the abilites for NPC's and players already and focus on some or the more glaring errors in the game.
    the damages bonus in the archery tree are not something normal guys in pvp or in pve. so good nerfs.
    and still there is not reason to play as trapper or combat.

want to look at some normal feats??
    go see the tr ones.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Constricting Arrow: This power is now an Area of Effect Strong Grasping Roots apply instead of a series of stuns.

Most of the changes look good, but this one is REALLY going to hurt when we're soloing. Constricting Arrow is hugely useful now because it gives us that tiny window to get another encounter off without being interrupted, knocked back, knocked to our knees, knocked flying, etc. Getting rid of that leaves us no way whatsoever to force a critter to lay off for that critical second.

If this is being done to satisfy the PvP community, let me be the first to say as a PvE player that the reason is wholly unacceptable. If that is the case, just have the encounter work differently on players!
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    As far as I know most of the mod 4 changes are done mainly to balance PVE, not because of PVP.
    2e2qwj6.jpg