test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hunter Ranger Feedback - Discussions

Comments

• hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    despi wrote: »
    Constricting Arrow: This power is now an Area of Effect Strong Grasping Roots apply instead of a series of stuns.
    With that.Did you checked it?
    I agree with caexar.

It's not comparable to arcane singularity, steal time, shard and icy terrain.

If an HR doesn't significantly outdamage a CW, there will be no reason to take one to a dungeon, just like now.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • futuunfutuun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    freshour wrote: »
    Are you kidding me right now.... I just had to respond to a Dev who said the GF's need less damage because they are the tank of neverwinter..... Oh really?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUVjGUtTIM

Oh c'mon we have 6 page of spam about this stupid video.
    Check this post: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?692721-Official-Feedback-Thread-Hunter-Ranger-Changes&p=8222541&viewfull=1#post8222541

You have better idea?
    If no you can back to your GF feedback thread.
    0LQASjV.png
  • freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Since no one watched it.... here it is again..... This is their "nerfed" HR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUVjGUtTIM
  • iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited June 2014

If an HR doesn't significantly outdamage a CW, there will be no reason to take one to a dungeon, just like now.

And if HR significantly out DPS's CW in mod 4 then all you are doing is giving people no reason to take a CW to dungeons , HR as they are now on preview are completely OP single target dps in archery , aoe and crazy survivability in combat and Trapper is control and damage , you'll be getting rid of one issue and creating a new one to take it's place .
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    futuun wrote: »
    Oh c'mon we have 6 page of spam about this stupid video.
    Check this post: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?692721-Official-Feedback-Thread-Hunter-Ranger-Changes&p=8222541&viewfull=1#post8222541

You have better idea?
    If no you can back to your GF feedback thread.

Yeah I know 6 pages (probably more) because of a BS video.

What would be more interesting is a 1v1 with a CW and an HR where the CW is actually trying to kill the HR.
    edited June 2014
    And if HR significantly out DPS's CW in mod 4 then all you are doing is giving people no reason to take a CW to dungeons , HR as they are now on preview are completely OP single target dps in archery , aoe and crazy survivability in combat and Trapper is control and damage , you'll be getting rid of one issue and creating a new one to take it's place .

So you think CWs should do better damage and have better control than an HR?
  • hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yeah I know 6 pages (probably more) because of a BS video.

What would be more interesting is a 1v1 with a CW and an HR where the CW is actually trying to kill the HR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZqxVS644to&feature=youtu.be

CW Vs HR.
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
    edited June 2014
    hfgtfsdfs wrote: »
    Me fighting a friend. CW Vs HR on a pretend point (wow..)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZqxVS644to

What the heck is with all these videos of CWs spamming ray of frost?

C'mon man, you have full ap and you open with ray of frost, and the only thing you do besides that is a chilling strike and more ray of frost.
    edited June 2014
    What the heck is with all these videos of CWs spamming ray of frost?

Well thats our only control now.
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
    edited June 2014
    Well thats our only control now.

Why didn't you use ice knife in that video?

Can we get a video of a CW that doesn't stand in thorn ward using a decent rotation of icy root, shard, and entangling force, and using dailies when they're available?

Something that might actually resemble a dom match?

Without constricting arrow stuns/bugging out shard and with arp working on ice knife I actually think a CW would have a good shot against an HR, unlike now.

You know, if you guys actually use your abilities.
  • despidespi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited June 2014
    Cw was standing in torn ward because he was rooted. You did see he was jumping around before right?
    edited June 2014
    Why didn't you use ice knife in that video?

Can we get a video of a CW that doesn't stand in thorn ward using a decent rotation of icy root, shard, and entangling force, and using dailies when they're available?

Something that might actually resemble a dom match?

Without constricting arrow stuns/bugging out shard and with arp working on ice knife I actually think a CW would have a good shot against an HR, unlike now.

You know, if you guys actually use your abilities.

If I go off point we bleed points in a real match and that thorn ward is up like all the time.

The shard is bugged and cant be used ATM. You can see it here, its laggy and slow:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKePK9sSelY&feature=youtu.be

And the damage from all our powers, including Ice knife is a big joke and its easy to dodge so I wanted to actually freeze him before using it. Also, the casting-times, cooldowns etc all been changed for CWs, so it will take some time to get used to and get the timing good with the powers etc.
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Why in the world would you let someone even have the chance to dodge? Root them. Stun them. Freeze them. It doesn't matter, but as long as we use our powers intelligently we can still work with the cards we've been dealt. We don't even have to let people move if we operate properly.

Admittedly, that's an easier feat after these changes.
    edited June 2014
    If I go off point we bleed points in a real match and that thorn ward is up like all the time.

That's true but regardless a CW isn't going to stand in a thorn ward on purpose in a real match even if you bleed points. I've never once fought a CW that voluntarily stood in thorn ward.
    The shard is bugged and cant be used ATM. You can see it here, its laggy and slow:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKeP...ature=youtu.be

Yeah I just tried some stuff on my CW and you can't really test shard. Damage does seem very low for it though with the nerf.
    And the damage from all our powers, including Ice knife is a big joke and its easy to dodge so I wanted to actually freeze him before using it. Also, the casting-times, cooldowns etc all been changed for CWs, so it will take some time to get used to and get the timing good with the powers etc.

Regardless, icy ray-ice knife is a guaranteed hit and I wouldn't call the damage a joke, and it's a prone too.

Even though oppressor buffed ray of frost with shatter it's the worst thing to use against an HR.
    edited June 2014
    That's true but regardless a CW isn't going to stand in a thorn ward on purpose in a real match even if you bleed points. I've never once fought a CW that voluntarily stood in thorn ward.

Yeah I just tried some stuff on my CW and you can't really test shard. Damage does seem very low for it though with the nerf.

Regardless, icy ray-ice knife is a guaranteed hit and I wouldn't call the damage a joke, and it's a prone too.

Even though oppressor buffed ray of frost with shatter it's the worst thing to use against an HR.

If you want we can do a few 1on1 on the test shard and maybe you get a better picture of how it is against a CW.
    You have TS3?
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
    edited June 2014
    If you want we can do a few 1on1 on the test shard and maybe you get a better picture of how it is against a CW.
    You have TS3?

I'm definitely up for that but lay off the ray of frost!

I'll be heading out but I'm online in the game pretty often. Definitely in the next couple days we can work something out.
    edited June 2014
    I'm definitely up for that but lay off the ray of frost!

I'll be heading out but I'm online in the game pretty often. Definitely in the next couple days we can work something out.

But ray of frost is the best control for us. Thats the only thing that got buffed with the patch. :P
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
    edited June 2014
    But ray of frost is the best control for us. Thats the only thing that got buffed with the patch. :P

I get that but you're just asking for deflections and procs of wilds medicine if you use it.

If the changes went live today you would be better off just forgetting you even had ray of frost when fighting an HR, even if you're specced around it.
  • cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    "Wilds Medicine: Deflecting attacks cause the Hunter to be healed for 1/2/3/4/5% of their HP over 15 seconds. This effect can stack."

Question, you just fixed/nerfed the armor set that does this. So why are we introducing a power that works even better?

would love to get an answer on this aswell.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    would love to get an answer on this aswell.

Count me in.

While reading the feat, that it stacks, you immediately know it is game-breaking. You can not tell me that someone, somewhere had no clue how this would turn out. I mean, it's going to get nerfed to the ground, but still. That the feat finds its way to the preview, even in its earliest form, is surreal, hilarious and irritating.
    edited June 2014
    "Wilds Medicine: Deflecting attacks cause the Hunter to be healed for 1/2/3/4/5% of their HP over 15 seconds. This effect can stack."

Question, you just fixed/nerfed the armor set that does this. So why are we introducing a power that works even better?

I know you're not asking me but it seems to me that the Devs recognize that Combat HR is going to be taking hits in melee range, and without CC-break or CC-immunity, they need something to mitigate damage.

"Works even better" is questionable. It's more of a heal but it takes 15 seconds to get all of it rather than an instant heal for about half as much. In a real combat situation (not a situation where a CW is sitting there holding down a mouse button spamming you with ray of frost), you're going to be taking burst damage, and if it's a lot of burst then the instant heals for less would be better.

But in any case it's basically the only reason to spec into combat now. Combat lost things like 10% crit and 10% more deflect in order to have it.
  • franklin223franklin223 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    BUG: Wilds Medicine:
    Wilds Medicine some how made it to the test realm without being affected by RIGHTEOUSNESS. Obviously the heals are designed not to work at full strength on one's self. After all, if a class with healing was allowed to heal themselves that would just be overpowered. Please put RIGHTEOUSNESS onto Wilds medicine (Restoring strike too) and align all heals.

Signed every DC
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Sorry guys and gals but the feedback forums were becoming quite a mess of back and forth with a lot of insults, you're rights and you're wrongs rather than actual feedback of your own opinions.

I tried to leave as much direct feedback as I could but while reading so much I likely did grab some things that could have arguably been left behind. If you feel a specific post should be left behind feel free to PM me but the simpler alternative is to just reaffirm your feedback using direct feedback, preferably using the format the developers requested.

The only non-direct feedback I did intentionally leave were the simple "I agree" posts as it at least directs the devs to direct feedback.

If you want to continue with the speculation and debates on what the best approach is then please do so here. Thanks! :)
    edited June 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    Count me in.

While reading the feat, that it stacks, you immediately know it is game-breaking. You can not tell me that someone, somewhere had no clue how this would turn out. I mean, it's going to get nerfed to the ground, but still. That the feat finds its way to the preview, even in its earliest form, is surreal, hilarious and irritating.

You know if it didn't stack it would be basically worthless right?

It's not any different than how the set-bonus operates. The set-bonus currently "stacks" as well, it's just that the heals are instant. If wilds medicine didn't stack, than any procs during the 15 seconds wouldn't count.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    You know if it didn't stack it would be basically worthless right?

It's not any different than how the set-bonus operates. The set-bonus currently "stacks" as well, it's just that the heals are instant. If wilds medicine didn't stack, than any procs during the 15 seconds wouldn't count.

Had an error in my original math. It's actually a slight nerf (~12%) from the healing of the current Profound set if you deflect up to one hit per second. Over that threshold it gets worse. At two deflected hits per second new WM + armor set is only healing about 55% of the current Profound.
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    OK I played a little bit on preview with a HR friend. Better to say, he played with me, considering, that he can heal incredible amounts due to wild medicine.

After I killed him he respawned instantly with full live and claimed, that it is a new passive feat. A few minutes raging in our TS later he told us, that he used a scroll of live.^^

The problem is, we belived, that the Defs did this. Do you really want to be the TOP PVE and PVP class? Beware the future of the GWFs.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • oicidrazoicidraz Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'm surprised seeing HRs who want more buffs just because they aren't 1st place in the Paingiver chart, I would like to see their stats/builds and encounters cause I could handle pretty well with my 15.5K HR before (which never had nothing better than a normal Vorpal) and I could compete with almost every GWF, I was only outdps just by +13K GS CWs, but they could hit a lot of foes and in my point of view the CW class needed a rework, not HR... now I see that HR is becoming so strong to compete with the disadvantage of not being able to hit as many enemies as a CW ending in OP powers against small groups or single target, which would end by making them more OP in PvP, I don't like seeing some OP classes there and weak classes here to see in the future weak classes there and OP here, if the CW DPS is too much in PvE then correct them, but not make HR more strong to surpass them.

For me there are other aspects right now that need more attention than the HR class, for example, the TR contribute in PvE, the DC survavility in PvP (can't 1V1 even with a Protector GF) or the GF DPS in PvE.
    edited June 2014
    I'm surprised seeing HRs who want more buffs just because they aren't 1st place in the Paingiver chart

Yeah because there's another good reason to bring an HR besides DPS... No, there isn't.

Reading initial testing in the CW thread, HR/GWF/CW (specced oppressor!), are all about the same DPS.

If this remains true I'm not sure why you'd want to bring an HR, when bringing GWF or CW is more control.

Archery buffs have no effect on PVP because all HRs will have to spec combat just to get the same kind of healing they can get now in any spec from the set-bonus.
  • catchtheteemocatchtheteemo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I don't know what the situation was where an HR could get those kind of numbers on a player. It *might* be possible on a PVE-built HR with a power stacked iou-stone and a p.vorpal with like 20k HP and no tenacity, but that kind of HR is a non-factor in Domination because they'll die almost instantly, especially with the nerfed set bonus.

Are you referring to my HR sir? (though only g.pf and r7s)

2qv7gvb.jpg

:(

Doubt i will get any big crits in pvp with aimed shot.
  • sinsreminiscencesinsreminiscence Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but the feat in the archer path that "decreases ranged encounter cooldowns by 10/20/30/40/50%" didn't actually cut it down by 50% at lvl 5. I spammed thorn ward without it and the cooldown was about 23 seconds. With the level 5 cooldown it was about 16 seconds cooldown. Just wanted to point that out. that the skills weren't really getting the 50% cooldown.