What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Great Weapon Fighter Changes

Comments

• Options
    justsomenoob4501justsomenoob4501 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Could you at least fix the Wicked Strike rubberbanding before nerfing unstoppable into the ground? Unstoppable was the only thing keeping me alive while using Wicked Strike, since you can NOT escape red areas using Wicked Strike.
  • Options
    fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    General
    • Iron Vanguard: Threatening Rush: This power now has 3 charges which refresh every 9 seconds.

Please remove TR from GWF's powers completely. Making an At-Will behave like an Encounter is a bad move. Also affects GFs which didn't have a problem with that. In fact it was their only, generally available way of getting mobility in combat.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    ... We wanted to make this more of a choice and reduce the tankiness of high damage dealing builds, while still preserving how much survivability tanks can get. In addition we toned back their mobility with some changes to Threatening Rush.

Actually you're removing the core of the GWF class from two of its paragon trees. It's like allowing stealth only to the Executioner paragon path. This is really bad. A GWF with handicapped Unstoppable is no GWF anymore.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I am all fine with doing footwork, and sliding/sprinting out of red circles, however Unstoppable is necessary as we have no legit dodge like mechanic.

Devs: Unstoppable: Please do your own test runs in Dungeons, and see how this directly impacts GWFs of all Gear Score and Skill Levels. 5-10%, dropping from 25-50% is too drastic of a change and even as a well geared character it is too much. I can only imagine for less geared individuals it will be a nightmare. Please rework it to, at minimum, 10-30% or 20-40%. Yes this would require a change to the addition to Sentinel's Aegis, but whatever... The loss of the DR w/o a viable way to avoid damage like all other Classes have (though GFs shield is now a bit different), the Unstoppable change is not good, and is way overboard.

Thanks for reading! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    just a reminder that the devs are looking for constructive feedback from actual test time on the preview server... not feedback about someone else's testing or your first impression of the patch notes.

also, threats to quit and overall unproductive posts will be canned.

please remember that these changes are on the preview server so you can test it and give your respectful and constructive feedback. you won't convince anyone to lean to your point of view with insults, antagonism or an angry star-filled post. we want what you want, but you have to follow the forum guidelines, please.

do NOT reply to this message. if you want to discuss forum rules, send me a PM. thanks.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I think there is a good middle ground here DEVs. Here is my sincere feedback:

- Change the Destroyer capstone to give 30 stacks @ 1% damage buff AND remove the 10% damage bonus to encounters while in unstoppable. This brings damage down slightly.

In EXCHANGE, Unstoppable is now brought BACK but to only 15-30%. This is STILL a 40% NERF to the skill..

Sentinels now STILL are granted an additional bonus to Unstoppable back to the 25-50% amount making them still very tanky.

I think this is a MORE fair trade-off because now atleast both specs will be viable for PVP. Destroyers will be CLEARLY less tanky - like massively, and now Sentinels are significantly MORE tanky but deal less damage.

INSTIGATOR FEEDBACK:
    CAPSTONE: should be re-done to be "you damage is increased by 24% for 3 seconds after TAKING damage".
    Nimble Runner: Sprint and Punishing Charge now grant 10/15/20/25/30% deflect
    Allied Opportunity: Mighty Leap and Not So Fast now deal an additional 25% damage. Mighty Leap now causes targets in the area to be knocked PRONE. Not so Fast could also use some love as well....
  • Options
    fr3akout3fr3akout3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 72
    edited June 2014
    xgrandz02 wrote: »
    Feedback

Unstoppable: Unstoppable now grants 5~10% damage resist ..down from 25~50%

to reduce Unstoppable to 5%~10% are really outrageous!/Not Acceptable.

15% - 35% damage resist could be reasonable,
    and probably most acceptable for all mainly GWFs for a good agreement.

i would understand if u nerf all other skill But Not the Heart of GWF!
    This will certainly have to produce negative aftereffect for Neverwinter,
    it could be the downfall of NW, Please do not leave it too.

I Agree

Keep all the changes and change Unstoppable down to 15-35%

If you don't then forget about Sword-master (he is dead) (DESTRO TREE)

IV may have some slight chances but heavily geared. (DESTRO TREE)

I am only looking from a PVE perspective, don't care about PVP much as.

Maybe keep it 5-10% for PVP but Leave it 15-35% for PVE. It must be higher than 5%-10%

5-15% will make the big gwf a balloon.
  • Options
    despidespi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited June 2014
    Well as hr im anoyed by prone chains.Changing unstopable really might be too harsh and ruin class.
  • Options
    goldroger007goldroger007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I havent palyed GWF, but im sure feedback should be given by every class to take some important point. I have played TR, GF, and Dc.

-Determination:this sounds good,it will stop GWFS from gaining determination faster. its bad to see a GWF being attacked by 5-8 ppl and he just do unstopeable and run away.
    -Mark: this way GF and GWF should be able to take aggro from cws.
    -Rorar: there is no complain about this so its a good change.
    -Unstopeable: its a good change. so far the GWFS were the only class who went dps tree and had a really high survivality. for example: as a DC u cant go faithful which increase heals bcs if u do u wont have stamina regen,heal regen, and extra hp bonus which is given by righteous tree. same happens for other classes, u had to pick survivality or dps but gwfs just have both now.

with that change tank GWFs will meant to tank and destroyer will DPS so i see it fair, ofc coming from other classes point of view.

-Takedown:the change to the prone is ok but i dont think damage reduction is a good idea.
    -Frontline surge and threatening rush: i hope this changes dont apply for GFs, also its a good idea to let sentinels GWFS to have a last tier feat that gives them prone bonus as it was since they wont be dealing much dmage.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Destroyer gets hit pretty hard by the unstoppable nerf, you certainly won't be able to go anywhere without a DC and unstoppable will basically be a pure CC resist ability bar the ability to build destroyer stacks. No more emergency unstoppable to allow yourself to facetank a draco hand when you're out of stamina for instance.

Personally I would like to see this nerf lessened to a 15-30% DR for destroyer/instigator and the sentinel ageis change instead of a 5x unstoppable DR buff being a 2x buff. However, I also feel that for this to go through, the damage from destroyers purpose should be slightly lessened, perhaps with different stack caps for PvP and PvE.

Alternative: Make unstoppable also give 20% increased deflection and 10% deflection severity, this would make deflect based builds a thing since imo deflect is pretty much an ignored stat for GWF when selecting gear and enchants. Especially for PvE, less so for PvP.

Finally. Much needed.

This hurts GFs far more than GWF(imo a 2-3 sec ICD instead of the proposed change is a better solution, perhaps with GFs getting a feat to reduce the CD on threatening rush).

Alternative: reduce it's range by 50% and give it a 0.5 sec ICD so it can't be spammed to follow a target.

I think one or the other is ok, but not both. a 30% damage reduction and removing the prone is really an evisceration of the power in PvP. The stun does not last nearly long enough to be useful(like many stuns, see every CW power and griffons wrath).

Alternative: Takedown now stuns your opponent in PvP for 0.3 secs and applies a 50% slow for 2 secs(similar to smoke bomb). This would allow for a GWF to still land an ability after a takedown, provided they are watchful of the opponents dodge counts.

Similar to the takedown change, I'm not impressed. This a) severely hurts GFs and b) makes the fact that is it a mid range melee encounter rather pointless if they just shake of off. I would leave the prone as it is but reduce the range to 15'.

For GFs I would change the feat trample the fallen to additionally increase the range of the GF's stuns and prones by 5/10/15/20/25% to make up for their lower damage and mobility.

Bug: IV Frontline Surge Change
    Still prones players
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    gives u real dodge not useless sprint who never works in pve and pvp noone runs form red zones with gwf because of sprint i quit dodgeing with it long time ago since i would get damage and prones when i sprinted out of red zones so what is point of sprint?
    sprint now should give cc and damage imune like dodges at other classes do
  • Options
    nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    My GWF is a Swordmaster Destroyer (7.7k Power, 3.3k Crit, 27% Resistance ignored, 3k Recovery, 3.2k Defense, 1.6k Deflect, 1.6k Lifesteal, Avatar of War set)

Ran a number of minor Heroic Encounters in Dwarven Valley solo and did not have to use potions at all
    For Major Heroic Encounters (failed the objective because Druid/Spirits died, but no such issues with the Invasion Encounters), again, I had no problems and barely used 4 potions in total doing them completely solo.
    The only problems I had were with Undead (Deathlock Wights), but I had problems with those on Live already anyway, so no surprises there. They are not meant to be beaten solo anyhow in the context of Heroic Encounters.

Across IWD, I was able to drag several camps of mobs with me and still kill them, but had to use sprint more often to time my strikes with Encounter cooldowns - something I don't have to do on Live. Rarely needed to use potions at all.

As a result, I feel that the decreased Damage Resistance on Unstoppable is a welcome change and actually good at its current level, where some strategy/potting is needed when fighting tougher enemies in large numbers, but content is generally still easy. For GWFs less geared than mine, teamplay and/or more more of potions/elixirs would be necessary, which is to be expected.

I have not tested PvP, but I do not expect a PvE-focussed GWF build to do well there anyway.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Unstoppable: Seeing the suggestion of 15-35% for Unstoppable from a poster, and I'd say that is a good sweet spot where Unstoppable is not currently where it is (as some see it as too good, including the Devs), and still good enough to be useful for the class on a DR standpoint.

Please, also, do NOT adjust GWF damage higher or lower for the Destroyer tree. It is good where it is, and does not need an increase/decrease, particularly with any sort of reduction to Unstoppable. eg. Ignore those suggestions. If your final decision is to leave it at 5-10% change, so be it. Just don't touch the DPS as it is (in my opinion) exactly where it should be. It takes time, and now a good deal more manuevering with the Unstoppable change, to get to the higher stacks as you have to live to enjoy it.

Thanks for reading Devs! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    omgnicktakenomgnicktaken Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    IF you are intent on going through with the unstoppable nerf..

then PLEASE remove the animation lock from wicked strike. Rework the coding to prevent attacking too fast with animation cancel. At the moment, the wicked strike (main aoe at will for IV in pve) makes it 100% impossible to doge attacks, as it essentially roots you in place and will always rubber band you back if you try to dodge. Yes, there are ways to cancel the lock.. but with the unstoppable neft, this really needs to be addressed. Otherwise, a destroyers can't really do their job as melee dps.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    herundrion wrote: »
    This is the essence. I tried out a GWF on preview and now it's actually interesting to play, because I have to learn how to dodge and move and avoid red and use potions strategically.
    With these changes I might actually focus on my GWF - it was way too boring before.

Thing is that GWFs can't dodge. And often while trying to sprint away the GWF gets somehow "stuck" and is not able to get away. So he gets hit badly and often cannot recover from that.
  • Options
    slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    GWF need prone, or you need to increase the stun duration.

Currently the stun last for about half sec against player with 30%+ control resistance, which is pretty much not helpful.
  • Options
    effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    i agree with the changes, but make my REstoring Strike to crit more... on marionettes i hit around 7k on players it doesn't hit and when i hit i crit around 3-4k and that's useless, make the skill more powerfull equivalent to ibs! and you can keep your changes... i'll go sentinel ..
    and about control resist , how come i dont sense a difference having 23 c resist + 10 from race + 3 from ability scores and another 30 from steel grace? around 66% control resist , and i still get stunned alot by mobs, not to say players... (mobs from icewind dale)
  • Options
    fastrean1fastrean1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    General
    • Determination gain will no longer be subject to variance. This will make Determination gain more normalized.
    Powers
    • Mark: Mark will now taunt foes briefly as well as place the player at the top of the threat list.
    • Roar: This power has been fixed to no longer silence opponents for 2 seconds. Instead it correctly interrupts power usage. If a power is successfully interrupted, that power will be locked out for 2 seconds. This effect will no longer pierce CC immunity. Roar will no longer Root players for 2 seconds.
    • Unstoppable: Unstoppable now grants 5~10% damage resist when activated (down from 25~50%)
    • Takedown: This power now stuns players rather than proning them. No change on NPCs.
    • Takedown: This power now deals ~30% less damage.
    • Iron Vanguard: Frontline Surge: This power now stuns players rather than proning them. No change on NPCs.
    • Iron Vanguard: Threatening Rush: This power now has 3 charges which refresh every 9 seconds.
    Feats
    • Sentinel's Aegis: This feat now causes Unstoppable to grant 5 times more damage resistance in addition to its other effects.

All CC abilities changes are ok for me, but nerf Unstoppable, it is reducing their survivability on PVE, we don't have any dodge abilities. It looks like forcing us to play Sentinels Feat.
    Therefore, when you remove prone CC in PVP, can you modify the Unstopable and ITC CC immunity while their active, but remove CC break free?
  • Options
    rocklee227rocklee227 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Armor of Bahamut Feat: This feat has been redesigned: When Stamina is below 30%, you take 2/4/6/8/10% less damage from all sources.

Guardian fighters have better unstoppable than GWFs do now........
  • Options
    reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Roar is also a useless skill now. It was something to at least stall an opponent or group of oppnents long enough to position yourself or your ally.

Now it works simply as an interrupt, and only as that. What are you going to interrupt? A CW? They just use another power and what difference would it make interrupting a CW? 2 seconds and they're just using what was interrupted again until the 2 second cooldown goes off. A HR? They're moves are mostly instant. Roar no longer has any purpose. All that was needed was it to stop going through CC immunities.

so we lost prones when they just needed to obey CC resists, our unstoppable is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> now, and a skill that could potentially help mitgate the unstoppable change to uselessness.
  • Options
    cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    i still dont get the takedown dmg nerf its our single target skill that have lower dmg than any other skill we have,reason why takedown was doing so much dmg is destro feats but right now u killed the skill for all specs also the stun lasts like 0.25s in pvp?
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Sorry guys and gals but the feedback forums were becoming quite a mess of back and forth with a lot of insults, you're rights and you're wrongs rather than actual feedback of your own opinions.

I tried to leave as much direct feedback as I could but while reading so much I likely did grab some things that could have arguably been left behind. If you feel a specific post should be left behind feel free to PM me but the simpler alternative is to just reaffirm your feedback using direct feedback, preferably using the format the developers requested.

The only non-direct feedback I did intentionally leave were the simple "I agree" posts as it at least directs the devs to direct feedback.

If you want to continue with the speculation and debates on what the best approach is then please do so here. Thanks! :)
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    OK, I tried the new GWF destroyer and sentinel. Depending on gear I got btw 34 and 40k HP, up to 8k+ power and btw 18,3 and 19k+ GS. Avatar of War, full profound, full purified ice set, FD set, gpf pvorp and all boons. R8/9 and epic stone, cockatrice other epic companions. Artefacts btw lvl 80+ and 90+.

Destroyer:
    PVE You lose live as hell. HE doable with pots and restoring strike. Ranged DDs are you bane, bc they dps you while you cant leech live. Unstopable is plain and simple useless.

PVP with full purified set doable. The HR I tested it with complained about lags like hell. Otherwise it goes like 'look here comes my skill, Yay you checked your email account, I hit you'. We dont have to talk about me killing him without serious lags. Forest medicine is broken. He soloed Remorarz till he got bored. I at least got a chance.

Sentinel:
    PVE better surviveability. If you get more adds you dont deal enough dmg to keep you alive.

PVP slightly better surviveability, but to low dmg. Got fey thistle boon. The HR cried out in joy bc of all the heals I provided him with.

In my opinion you overdid it. GWF was in a good place. Roar was buggy. IF he was OP, it was with BIS gear and BIS gear should be powerful. Now there just is not enough return on time/ equip invested in the char. If this goes live, I will strip him and use the gear on another char.

OK, I dont have epic artefacts/ R10 enchants, but I would say, that I have really good gear. Normal questing should be easy for me. What should a mediocre GWF do? Die.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    doctordarkspawndoctordarkspawn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    After just playing on the test server, i can officially say, you overdid the unstoppable change.

As an experiment, because i focus on -nothing- but PVE, i went my GWF, who has all boons, both sharandar, and Dread ring, and went to the dread ring. There, i aggroed two groups of mobs, just to see if i could hold.

Now, keep in mind, this char has T2 gear. And i was surviving off -that- instead of the class mechanic, which is, in most cases, intergral to how the class is played, and surviving as said class.

...So in a level where i was vastly overpowered, i still could not survive on my own class's merit alone.

No, no, and no. The unstoppable change is overdone, and should be rethought to something reasonable, in my honest opinion. And this is simply destroying what little it had as a class, for the sake of PVP.

I would like to add, my spec was unstoppable at the time, with Titan gear.
  • Options
    doctordarkspawndoctordarkspawn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    As an addendum to that last post, i can only imagine how grueling, horrifying, and downright hellish leveling a GWF would be with these changes.
  • Options
    marko531marko531 Member Posts: 32
    edited June 2014
    Fter testing if for a few hours here is my feedback:

Unstopable: I think this is fine, this will open a totaly new play style for destroyers (hit and run), its also very good for PVE cuz destroyer will no longer be a frontline damage drinker, ur gona need a GF or sentinel for that in dungeons.

FLS: no nerf needed here, it will ruin gwf and GF in pvp.

Takedown: no nerf needed here, it will ruin gwf in pvp.

Threat rush: with the unstopable change this should stay as it is so the hit and run tactic can be done. Nerfs to threat rush just ruins GF and the new GWF in pvp.

Sprint: seems kinda slower than the actual sprint, i dont like it. With new unstopable changes it has to stay the same.

Mark changes: Cool, but gota remove mark on IBS cuz destroyers will pull too much agro.

To sum it, i support only the unstopable changes, building def stats on destroyers will still make them tanky enough for pvp, it will take lot more skill and reaction to play them in PVE, and the best thing is it will leave enough room for GFs and sentinels in dungeons. Do not listen to ppl crying cuz of unstopable nerf, its fine i can still do those hard party encounters in IWD all alone. Ppl just dont wanna adapt to new play style, i understand them i would like i can 2/3 shot an epic mob and still be able to take a beating with my GF but it aint never gona happen. Eather ur rock or ur the wind, Chose ur role! Gj Devs!
  • Options
    effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Unstopable : it's a bad decision to decrease it's effect

FLS, TAKEDOWN, ROAR , tell me one way to really stun cw/hr/tr/dc when you nerfed roar/takedown ?

Threat rush: maybe you should've fixed the animation and not making it 3 charges, well didn't see any difference in preview..

tried Sentinel and Destroyer on PVP icwn , and no luck, couldn't lend a hit, as destroyer i've don a good crit (well he was geared afterall) but as sentinel it was useless doing any damage ... so i dont know what the devs want to do, seen the Armor penetration Resistance, i don't know why is that stat there...
    so being destroyer you are to glass canon , and being sentinel it's the same as it is now on live, but with less damge... so i'm lookin forward to the changes...
  • Options
    cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Feedback Swordmaster:
    swordmaster definitely needs some buffs:
    Weapon Master Strike - 200-300% dmg boost+marking ability, right now dmg of that at will is laughable
    Flourish - need faster animation and CC immunity during cast, the skill itself is too slow to hit anything and on top of that u can get CCed in middle of the animation
    Steel Blitz - this class feature needs higher % chance to activate
  • Options
    soutlandesoutlande Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    summary of changes applied ::
    Current >>> new location
    specialty armor (Heroic Tier 2) >>> rank 3 paragonique Sentinel
    Intimidation (rank 3 sentinel paragonique) >>> rank 1 Sentinel
    unstoppable recovery (Rank 1 Sentinel paragonique) >>> rank 3 sentinel paragonique
    Scaled Agility (Rank 1 Sentinel paragonique) >>> heroic rank 2

Rué threatening (a desire unlimited) >>> Rué threatening (a 6 will load)

inflexible turns through the damage it inflicts but also those whom he thus receives the limit would have bar inflexibility does not charge when it receives damage is the GWF is a new controllable because what we refill most bar inflexibility are the damage received because it is fairly easy to dodge a gwf

translated by google