test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Banelorne's Stealth-Based Executioner Builds: Maximize Your TR's Solo Capabilities.

1303132333436»

Comments

• Options
    unbahunbah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Use BnS only in enemies AoE. One powerfull hit can restore almost full AP bar. It is bad for just losing aggro tho.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have really great recovery with a number of rank 8s and a stacked cat, so I don't need to use B&S for dailies, just Gloaming and SS. In fact, I prefer not to use the dummy much of the time because everything retaliates with lots of AoE. It's really nice to leave behind you while fleeing in stealth though.

What is great is when you can plant your dummy in the AoE after Lurker's ends (since you gain no AP during), provided you yourself can get out of the way. I mostly just use it for anything with boss-difficulty amounts of hitpoints, where I want to be stacking bleed and bile ticks with DF.

The Beholder's one-shot circle is an instant refill. Frost wolf breath attacks are pretty close.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    solveig312solveig312 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    10303815_808337595844885_4965118635179566720_n.jpg

Just a little something random. Played 20 PVP matches so far, 5 per day during the opportunities I had the time to go online. And to my surprise, I checked the leaderboard and saw that I got into page 9. Win/Loss and Kill/Death ratios are also pretty decent so far and hopefully they stay that way. I'm just surprised to see that 20 matches was enough to take me to page 9. Now I'm thinking this leaderboard thing is dubious.

Hi there :D I haven't played for about 1-2 year(s). Could you tell us what is actually best gear now and i mean everything if it's not the probalem Set's weapons other stuff like necklee rings waist and ofc artifacts :D of if you want just give us photo of yours :D
  • Options
    todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    solveig312 wrote: »
    Hi there :D I haven't played for about 1-2 year(s). Could you tell us what is actually best gear now and i mean everything if it's not the probalem Set's weapons other stuff like necklee rings waist and ofc artifacts :D of if you want just give us photo of yours :D

Here you go. Apologies if I haven't had the chance to answer at all lately, guys.

I'm fairly undergeared, but I try to make up for it in wits.
  • Options
    solveig312solveig312 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Here you go. Apologies if I haven't had the chance to answer at all lately, guys.

Thank you so much and don't worry 'bount that it's not that important :)
  • Options
    madagarmadagar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hello, firstly thank you for very nice guide but I wanted to ask how you manage to enter epic dungeons solo?
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You can't enter Epics solo. The trick is to remain in the dungeon after everyone else has left. Before Mod2, you could only get replacements in dungeons up until the first boss. After that, if someone dropped out they wouldn't be replaced. So if you found yourself in a party that was past the last boss and everyone else quit, no one else would be added. Alternately, you could get four other people to queue in with you, they would hang out at the campfire until you got past the first boss, then leave.

After Mod2, neither of these would work anymore. Other people would show up and join the party, rolling on loot and even vote kicking. The solution then became to get four other people to queue in with alts, then after you're in, they leave the game or switch to other characters. Since they're still technically part of the party, no one can replace them, leaving the rogue to solo the dungeon in peace.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    triselburtriselbur Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hi there and thanks so much for the guide! This has served to improve my understanding of the TR class significantly, having only started playing Neverwinter last week. I was wondering if you could shed some light on the perma-stealth rogue's capabilities in 1v1 PvP. As much as I'm enjoying domination (I'm level 50 at the moment mind you) I would really like to focus on taking on other players mano-a-mano once I've hit 60 and geared up a bit. Would the solo perma-stealth build/skill-set you posted earlier still be viable for that? As much as I'm loving this game the fact that I can only have three encounter powers on my bars is frustrating to say the least (there are so many good ones!) What build would you recommend to someone like me, who wants to specialize in killing single targets without any outside interference? I would like to have decent burst and a few tricks up my sleeve to escape and/or tie up my opponent when it's necessary. I also heard they would be nerfing Intelligence bonuses to recovery in Mod 4, was wondering if there's any truth to that. Thanks again for this awesome guide, it's been a huge help.
  • Options
    ixalmarisixalmaris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    As attacking now drains 15% stealth, are stealth build still viable/possible in this Module?
  • Options
    taluntherattaluntherat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Can you list your feats and powers? The picture in your guide isn't working, so can't see what you have listed in your build.

Thanks
  • Options
    k9madrushk9madrush Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    ixalmaris wrote: »
    As attacking now drains 15% stealth, are stealth build still viable/possible in this Module?

Gloaming Cut MI offers what you are looking for not unless you want to be called g @ y in pvp
  • Options
    kemirkemir Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hi i wonder now that stealth gives 100% crit chance wouldn't it be better to spec in Str and Char insted of dex?
  • Options
    zurichezuriche Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2015
    Hi. Any updates on this now that Mod 5 makes many changes on everything? There are many new gears too which may completely change the way TR builds goes.:cool:
  • Options
    malvenornmalvenorn Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2015

I know it's been a while since this post, but I was curious why you went with the Tenacious Concealment feature on your off-hand. I assume that's that primarily targeted at PvP play, correct? I generally play PvE and find that I don't usually take much damage (well, except when I'm fighting bosses or mini-bosses that can see through stealth and attack me constantly), so my feeling is that 90% reduction of stealth loss works fine and I'd probably go with the 5% across-the-board movement boost instead (Sneak Attack). That said, am I missing something in your choice of TC for your boosted ability?
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If Tenacious Concealment is nullifying stealth loss from taking damage 100%, stealth doesn't drain while it refills, even if you're getting beat on. It means you don't have to have Shadow Strike slotted in order to get back into stealth, and Twilight Adept always works.

It's quite handy if you're into PvE that pushes your limits, in addition to PvP.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    zuriche wrote: »
    Hi. Any updates on this now that Mod 5 makes many changes on everything? There are many new gears too which may completely change the way TR builds goes.:cool:

Hello. I'll do my best to list the updated stuff as soon as I'm able to. My apologies as work has been increasingly demanding of my time as of late (the usual excuse, lol).
    malvenorn wrote: »
    I know it's been a while since this post, but I was curious why you went with the Tenacious Concealment feature on your off-hand. I assume that's that primarily targeted at PvP play, correct? I generally play PvE and find that I don't usually take much damage (well, except when I'm fighting bosses or mini-bosses that can see through stealth and attack me constantly), so my feeling is that 90% reduction of stealth loss works fine and I'd probably go with the 5% across-the-board movement boost instead (Sneak Attack). That said, am I missing something in your choice of TC for your boosted ability?

Beckylunatic answered this question well enough! But to add, Stealth loss equates to the HP we lose while we are in Stealth. Right now there are two ways to mitigate Stealth Loss, and this is by increasing Defense/Deflect in conjunction with HP in order to minimize HP loss while in Stealth, and the easier, more cost-effective way would be to slot Tenacious Concealment. I may drop TenCon on my off-hand as soon as Mod 6 hits, because the Mod 6 rank 4 bonus of TenCon is an additional 30% reduced Stealth loss, giving us a total of 120% Reduced Stealth Loss. This is more than what we need, and this effectively creates room for other possible CFs for our off-hand artifact.

As a Stealth-based TR, you'll want to be in Stealth for, pretty much forever if possible. A very neat combo would be to take Executioner for the capstone and damage boosts. Shadow of Deminse removes the limitation in Stealth where Stealth would stop regenerating each time we take damage. With 100% protected stealth, no matter how much we get beat on, our stealth will not drop and it will continually regenerate.

This is pretty much one of the reasons why I use TenCon. I guess PVP is part of the reason as well, as I like to be able to PVP and PVE as competitively as possible.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Guess I should be planning for Mod 6 as well.

Permadaze PermaSab sounds really fun.
  • Options
    s1lv3rdrgnforums1lv3rdrgnforum Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Updating your guide would definitely be nice. It's one of the more comprehensive guides out there - but right off the bat at attributes you can tell it hasnt been updated since stealth gave 100% crit. Mucho encouragement to keep this baby rolling :)

edit: i was vague. Here's what I mean: as a Stealth rogue our primary attributes are Str/Cha/Int not Dex. Dex has nothing for us. Str for base Damage, Cha for Combat adv and Int for recovery (recharge). Maybe the other rogue path's still make use of high crit/ high dex but we dont stack crit at all - relying on being in stealth 85-100% of the time. Now, whether to stack higher Str or Cha ... that's a good question :)
    Bedlam: Creating chaos as a MI Exec TR
    Avariel Merilwen: Burn baby, MoF/Rene
    Aejun The Silver: Devoted to Healing, DevOP/Justice
    Mina Rosepetal: Super Natural, Pathfinder/Melee
    Frost: Benchwarmer, Soulbinder/Fury
  • Options
    codexiacodexia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 33
    edited February 2015
    Love this guide, it's been helping me a lot along with the budget build somebody put up a few places down. For current end-game soloing power for attempting 5-mans, how much intelligence is needed? I've been aiming at 15 by 60 but some people suggest 20 and some say 15 is enough. I am trying to do a perma-stealth gloaming setup, standard executioner/sab as far as I know. I ended up with human and have been focusing str/con to avoid random 1-shots by AoE that I don't manage to get out of but it sounds like maybe I should have done more str/int, int/cha, or str/cha, or some other combination instead?

Also, is it more beneficial to max executioner first or to go into sab to get Sneaky Stabber first?
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Tough questions. I cant give you hard answers but I'll give you my opinions. The current mechanics coming in Mod 6 are roughly 400:1% meaning for every 400 points you will get 1% increase in the corresponding ability. This means, for every point you put in an attribute it's equivalent to 400 points of a stat. That's roughly an extra piece of gear and sometimes 2. To say that attributes have become incredibly important in the next mod is a no-brainer. So now, what are the rogues basic attributes? What makes the class tick. As Todesfaelle pointed out in his guide, Dex, Str, and Cha play important roles. Depending on your path, Int and Con might play important roles as well. Wisdom is really the only stat we dont care about. However, you're not just any rogue, you're a stealth rogue. Stealth gives 100% crit (as of mod 5) so we no longer need to stack crit. Wait.. what??!! That's right, we're going to maximize being in stealth so we can get all the crit severity goodness without wasting any points. This means our primary stats change from Dex (and why have deflection if you're defense is stealth.. hmmm?) to Str, Cha and Int. Con being a minor player that will be up to player preference. I suggest, how you roll your stats should be based on how you want to balance these three. Str should be highest, as it's your base damage. Sometimes, you just need to kill everything b4 your stealth runs out (and because if you're like me, you dont play 100% perma stealth..) Cha is your CA damage which will be stacked on top of Str because we're always in Stealth. Int is your encounter/AP recharge which is incredibly important for your perma(ness). You want SS to be off cooldown as quickly as possible. The more you stack in your attribute, the less you have to stack with gear. I cant give you a hard number, as I dont know what gear will be like at 70 and how hard it will be to stack recovery. I can tell you my Int is 20 on preview. I play a balance between these three stats and they are all around 20.

2nd question: I would say exposed weakness will help you level more than sneaky stabber. The extra ArP is most helpful at lower levels when you cant really stack a lot of any particular stat. The extra damage from SoD wont hurt either. Remember most of the content up to 60 is designed to give you a "slight" challenge but definitely should not be causing u a lot of frustration. Most of us that went through the content more than once ended up playing at the very edge of the leveling cap (5 levels) so we were 16th level going into blackdagger (20th level). On the last alt I ran through I skipped Vellosk, Ebon Downs, most of Whispering Caverns and most of Mt Hotenow. My point being, crush the content now - perma-stealth is mostly for challenging yourself after you're bored at level 60. (imo)

BTW: When I'm online, I am in the stealth_TR_community channel ... join it, ask questions.. if I'm there I'm happy to share what I know. I'm not Todesfaelle but hopefully I can help a little ;)
  • Options
    codexiacodexia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 33
    edited February 2015
    Thank you for such a good response. I suppose the main thing right now then is going to be this:

My starting stat rolls (which as far as I know are unchangeable and non-respeccable) were 15/15/13/12/11/10 for Dex/Str/Cha/Int/Con/Wis and my human bonus was +2 strength. Is that going to hamper me later on? Should I have picked +2 intelligence instead? I can still get 18 Intelligence but all of a sudden that is starting to feel like not enough, and that's only if I pump Int at the expense of Con every level.

I just hit level 46 (highest level character I have so far) so I figured I should ask stuff like this now before I hit 60 and REALLY don't want to re-roll. I've dumped ~300,000 AD into my current TR as well, which I guess isn't that much in the grand scheme but it was all I've been able to save from all my characters so far.

Since it matters for where I go with the character: My plan is to be 100% PvE perma-stealth (I'll PvP for dailies and boons but it's for fun, not for cutting edge competitiveness). I want to be able to solo 5-man end-game content, I greatly enjoy the challenge of trying to do things I should not be able to do. I try it in pretty much every MMO I play, it's basically my personal end-game goal other than crafting. I want to plan to be in stealth 100% of the time once I've engaged in combat (or as close as I can possibly come).

If I do have to re-roll I'll be sad, but I would do it if I had to. I would permanently lose my war dog but it's not like I use it anyway most of the time. Would also lose my Battle Medic (or whatever it's called). The dragon bone weapons I could re-purchase with no real issue at all but I definitely can't do another Battle Medic.

Thank you again for such a detailed response.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    mod 6 killed saboteur for me with some other 2 ****ty and never proccable feats.
    so now we have useless t3 feats and even more useless t4 feats.
    Executioner seems to be the next fotm with the other bonus damage under 30% its getting.
    i will have to try exe/saboteur with the 2 feats for cd reduction and gloaming cut.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    codexia wrote: »
    Thank you for such a good response. I suppose the main thing right now then is going to be this:

My starting stat rolls (which as far as I know are unchangeable and non-respeccable) were 15/15/13/12/11/10 for Dex/Str/Cha/Int/Con/Wis and my human bonus was +2 strength. Is that going to hamper me later on? Should I have picked +2 intelligence instead? I can still get 18 Intelligence but all of a sudden that is starting to feel like not enough, and that's only if I pump Int at the expense of Con every level.

I just hit level 46 (highest level character I have so far) so I figured I should ask stuff like this now before I hit 60 and REALLY don't want to re-roll. I've dumped ~300,000 AD into my current TR as well, which I guess isn't that much in the grand scheme but it was all I've been able to save from all my characters so far.

Since it matters for where I go with the character: My plan is to be 100% PvE perma-stealth (I'll PvP for dailies and boons but it's for fun, not for cutting edge competitiveness). I want to be able to solo 5-man end-game content, I greatly enjoy the challenge of trying to do things I should not be able to do. I try it in pretty much every MMO I play, it's basically my personal end-game goal other than crafting. I want to plan to be in stealth 100% of the time once I've engaged in combat (or as close as I can possibly come).

If I do have to re-roll I'll be sad, but I would do it if I had to. I would permanently lose my war dog but it's not like I use it anyway most of the time. Would also lose my Battle Medic (or whatever it's called). The dragon bone weapons I could re-purchase with no real issue at all but I definitely can't do another Battle Medic.

Thank you again for such a detailed response.

You really should talk to "thefabricant". I dont remember his TR character name, (as I'm old) but his main is his CW "Sharpedge" so look him up in game. He's very approachable so dont worry about offending him.

There is an item called a race reroll token which will allow you to start from the very beginning at race selection. IIRC it wont allow you to change your class - but it will allow you to re-roll your attributes *if you felt it was necessary*. The item is usually 1500 Zen (15.00US) so I find it rather expensive. Having said that though, I dont believe 18 Int is too low to play perma - I think Sharp and I disagree on Int and I think his opinion is more forgiving than mine. It would be best to ask him. The reason I am encouraging you to talk to him is because, personally I dont solo dungeons. I find it to be a harmful practice to the overall game as loot that was once split up between 5 players is now given to a single player (and at the current games power creep.. five times as almost every player could solo dungeons if they had the right skill/gear). This means I cant really give you advice that will advance that goal for you.

I do enjoy perma stealth and often challenge myself in open content - but I prefer to do it where it doesnt impact the rest of the game :)

@Raydran-- Final moments is worth getting excited for. You wont be able to get Gloaming in mod 6 until level 65. Puts a cramp in perma for 5 levels but meh .. it is what it is.
  • Options
    silntwhispersilntwhisper Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    so is this stuff still viable? and am i reading right it doesnt work with a halfing?
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    so is this stuff still viable? and am i reading right it doesnt work with a halfing?

Everything works even if you're not a Halfling. I'd even dare say that the master race right now is the Dragonborn, due to their ability to get +2 to any of their desired stats. +3% to Deflect Chance is nice but you can compensate for the loss in Deflect with the mastery of your play style.

Though the +3% Deflect will be more valuable once Mod 6 hits due to the updated Stat Curve rework.

Anyway, just a small update I guess, until I finish the draft for the Mod 6 stealth builds then I'm moving on to my Iron Maiden GF Build.

Did some testing in Preview. My test client kept crashing but I still managed to cook up a neat new build for Saboteurs using the new Mod 6 Class Features. It's a Stealth-based Permadaze Build, which is something I can imagine working well in a PVP setting, but for PVE it would also be equally useful due to the superior control it can provide. That is, if things are to continue this way. Daze is a very powerful CC. I won't be revealing much details for now since things are still subject to change but it was fun nailing the rotation. Everything just connected so smoothly.

But yeah, I'm pretty sure some of you guys are already aware as to how it could be done.

One-Shot Executioners got a decent amount of love for Mod 6. Seems to be the easiest way to play as a rogue post-Mod 6.
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You really should talk to "thefabricant". I dont remember his TR character name, (as I'm old) but his main is his CW "Sharpedge" so look him up in game. He's very approachable so dont worry about offending him.

There is an item called a race reroll token which will allow you to start from the very beginning at race selection. IIRC it wont allow you to change your class - but it will allow you to re-roll your attributes *if you felt it was necessary*. The item is usually 1500 Zen (15.00US) so I find it rather expensive. Having said that though, I dont believe 18 Int is too low to play perma - I think Sharp and I disagree on Int and I think his opinion is more forgiving than mine. It would be best to ask him. The reason I am encouraging you to talk to him is because, personally I dont solo dungeons. I find it to be a harmful practice to the overall game as loot that was once split up between 5 players is now given to a single player (and at the current games power creep.. five times as almost every player could solo dungeons if they had the right skill/gear). This means I cant really give you advice that will advance that goal for you.

I do enjoy perma stealth and often challenge myself in open content - but I prefer to do it where it doesnt impact the rest of the game :)

@Raydran-- Final moments is worth getting excited for. You wont be able to get Gloaming in mod 6 until level 65. Puts a cramp in perma for 5 levels but meh .. it is what it is.

@Codexia...My tr is Vanin@thefabricant. Add me in game and I am more then willing to help you out, my main might be CW but my 2nd favourite toon is my tr.

As far as int goes, I personally feel 14 is enough. It does mean you need to be more aware of your cd's, but my tr manages fine in trash gear with 14 int, even when soloing CN. Personally I often like to solo dungeons, on all toons, not just tr. The reason being as it provides a unique challenge not otherwise available to the PVE community in this game and it can be quite enjoyable. The reason I did my budget guide on tr is because it is undisputably the cheapest class to play, as a perma tr has a significant advantage over any other class. Personally, I would not recommend re rolling your stats codexia, as whilst having 20 int can make game play easier it is ultimately unnecessary. In terms of gear for soloing dungeons, just look to my guide. The only real improvements you can make beyond that is getting the profound set, belt of strength, mainhand+offhand artifact, imperial dragon cloak and personalised gear. With all of that, weapon and armour enchants as well as radiants on every slot so long as recovery is higher then 2k.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Everything works even if you're not a Halfling. I'd even dare say that the master race right now is the Dragonborn, due to their ability to get +2 to any of their desired stats. +3% to Deflect Chance is nice but you can compensate for the loss in Deflect with the mastery of your play style.

Though the +3% Deflect will be more valuable once Mod 6 hits due to the updated Stat Curve rework.

Anyway, just a small update I guess, until I finish the draft for the Mod 6 stealth builds then I'm moving on to my Iron Maiden GF Build.

Did some testing in Preview. My test client kept crashing but I still managed to cook up a neat new build for Saboteurs using the new Mod 6 Class Features. It's a Stealth-based Permadaze Build, which is something I can imagine working well in a PVP setting, but for PVE it would also be equally useful due to the superior control it can provide. That is, if things are to continue this way. Daze is a very powerful CC. I won't be revealing much details for now since things are still subject to change but it was fun nailing the rotation. Everything just connected so smoothly.

But yeah, I'm pretty sure some of you guys are already aware as to how it could be done.

One-Shot Executioners got a decent amount of love for Mod 6. Seems to be the easiest way to play as a rogue post-Mod 6.

Please dl something for those saboteur feats...they are a joke and we already have to many "only from behind" feats there
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Agreed. I never really did like the strike-opponents-from-behind feats for Sabs. We're supposed to play in Stealth, so we should get more Stealth-related feats. Scoundrels should be the ones to get those sort of feats.
  • Options
    pimpernickel1pimpernickel1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Is this build effective in mod 4? Whichh the xbox is on, right?
  • Options
    pimpernickel1pimpernickel1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Never mind, the feats are all different.