test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Banelorne's Stealth-Based Executioner Builds: Maximize Your TR's Solo Capabilities.

Comments

• Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Oh, that sounds interesting, I'll keep checking this topic for updates.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    brazennlbrazennl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited February 2014
    Whisperknives rely on Twilight Adept (10% Stealth per Dodge) + Nimble Dodge (10% Less Stamina Per Dodge, 20% Less when in Stealth) as well as Improved Cunning Sneak (20% more Stealth) and Battlefield Skulker's 4 Piece Effect (25% more Stealth).

Whisperknives need to dodge whenever they have the Stamina to do so. This will extend their time in Stealth, allowing their Shadow Strike and BnS to reduce their cooldowns and prepare them for use before their Stealth ends. It's doable to maintain Stealth even without Gloaming Cut.
    Fantastic, thanks!

Any idea where the posts you linked to went which I asked in my previous post?
  • Options
    brazennlbrazennl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited February 2014
    Keep your eyes peeled for more details.
    Will this pertain to the melee, ranged version, or both?

Does this require a special stat distribution like with the WK build?
  • Options
    xyntrynz1axyntrynz1a Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    Today I did a little experiment.
    I wanted to see how much of a difference 25% more stealth really makes vs a higher recovery

I transfered all of my enchantments back to my Master Assassin's gear set.
    This upped my Power by 450 and grants me over 1000 power for 10 seconds after doing a Daily.

With the 4 pieces of gear I almost hit 3500 recovery and what was crazy is it didn't seem to matter.
    I kept dropping out of stealth and was having to watch BnS and SS like a hawk while fighting to try and choose which one I could launch. I ended up dodging like crazy and felt like I had no stealth at all.

The other weird thing is, due to the fact that I was out of Stealth much more, even with the additional 450 Power, I was doing a lot less damage.
    I did not have the Skulker 5% damage bonus while in stealth so all my fights were taking longer and with a boat load more effort required.

So in Summary, to summarize what we already knew, but give more objective experience behind it.

The Battlefield Skulker Armor is so much more effective.

I finally took my Master Assassin set to the Salvage yard. I got 34,000 rough AD for it. 10,000ad for the Chest, 8k each for the remaining 3 pieces.
    Scoundrel Trickster Rogue
    Leaving dead question marks everywhere
  • Options
    frankmcguimfrankmcguim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Sometimes bosses dont drops nothing, anyone found the pattern of that event?
  • Options
    todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hey, guys. Sorry for the late replies. And I apologize as well for the people I wasn't able to accompany in the Ring Farm Sessions some hours back in the game. :( Something important popped up and I had to log out of the game. I'll do my best to show you guys how to solo that place later if you're all available!
    reiwulf wrote: »
    Oh, that sounds interesting, I'll keep checking this topic for updates.

Yeah. I'll try to do it as quickly as possible, but it'd be preferable if I see the finalized PVP Patch Notes before it hits the game so I'd be aware of the overall changes for our class and our future PVP sets. They will be an important factor for this theory of mine.
    brazennl wrote: »
    Fantastic, thanks!

Any idea where the posts you linked to went which I asked in my previous post?

Will this pertain to the melee, ranged version, or both?

Does this require a special stat distribution like with the WK build?

Hey, man. It's NP! And I'll try to see what happened to those links I posted there. They used to work, maybe some URL's got changed in time. I'll see what I can do in retrieving their post list for this thread!

And for the new stat distribution, hopefully I'll be able to incorporate it for the WK build as well. But so far the theory cater towards melee Stealth Rogues. But it's not hard to imagine it working for the WK build as well if it works with the original and alternative builds. It'll be easier to incorporate for the original build, that's for sure.
    xyntrynz1a wrote: »
    Today I did a little experiment.
    I wanted to see how much of a difference 25% more stealth really makes vs a higher recovery

I transfered all of my enchantments back to my Master Assassin's gear set.
    This upped my Power by 450 and grants me over 1000 power for 10 seconds after doing a Daily.

With the 4 pieces of gear I almost hit 3500 recovery and what was crazy is it didn't seem to matter.
    I kept dropping out of stealth and was having to watch BnS and SS like a hawk while fighting to try and choose which one I could launch. I ended up dodging like crazy and felt like I had no stealth at all.

The other weird thing is, due to the fact that I was out of Stealth much more, even with the additional 450 Power, I was doing a lot less damage.
    I did not have the Skulker 5% damage bonus while in stealth so all my fights were taking longer and with a boat load more effort required.

So in Summary, to summarize what we already knew, but give more objective experience behind it.

The Battlefield Skulker Armor is so much more effective.

I finally took my Master Assassin set to the Salvage yard. I got 34,000 rough AD for it. 10,000ad for the Chest, 8k each for the remaining 3 pieces.

True. The 5% increase in damage whenever we are in Stealth cannot be outweighed by the +450 Power from Master Assassin. But this set should work for maybe Scoundrel Builds that aims to make use of the Action Rush procs like Kweassa's Scoundrel WK build.

Nothing beats Swashbuckler in terms of stat buffs, but nothing beats Skulkers for Stealth. :)
    Sometimes bosses dont drops nothing, anyone found the pattern of that event?

I'm not sure. I haven't seen this happening to me so far. Which bosses haven't dropped anything for you? I think this deserves a bug report.
  • Options
    kemirkemir Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    so i respeced to rhi build, and, since im human(bot in game and real life) i have 3 feat points left. Now im wondering where is hould put them Disciple of Strength or Scoundrel Training. 6% more dmg from DoS seems better to me, but on the other hand most of my dmg comes from at-wills so i wonder if ST wouldynt be better.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Scoundrel Training is one of the best feats you can possibly get as a human. You already have the answer, Kemir. Majority of the time, our opponents are not able to target us and majority of our damage comes from At-Wills. While 6% more damage from STR seems nice at first, a flat 9% more damage from At-Wills which is our main source of damage far outweighs this 6%.
  • Options
    thrufuthrufu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Because now we can meet the DR point of various stats more easily I'm thinking if a more stealthy build like yours, with Skulker Set an putting points on Improved Cunning Sneak could actually increase the DPS over a standart Executioner Build,by taking advantage of Skulker Damage Bonus and all the other bonus of being stealthed(including uptime on boss or elites). Using Duelist Flurry and Lurkers Assault for main damage dealing
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I was able to make the build work using the T1 Master Duelist set, but it took work. Switching to Skulkers was like night and day.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    frankmcguimfrankmcguim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm not sure. I haven't seen this happening to me so far. Which bosses haven't dropped anything for you? I think this deserves a bug report.
    Pyremania, 3 times in a row
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    thrufu wrote: »
    Because now we can meet the DR point of various stats more easily I'm thinking if a more stealthy build like yours, with Skulker Set an putting points on Improved Cunning Sneak could actually increase the DPS over a standart Executioner Build,by taking advantage of Skulker Damage Bonus and all the other bonus of being stealthed(including uptime on boss or elites). Using Duelist Flurry and Lurkers Assault for main damage dealing

Yep, Skulkers + Improved Cunning Sneak, then Gloaming Cut + Sneaky Stabber in order to keep stealth. Then I take the standard 20 point feats in Executioner in order to get the buffs for DPS and use DF + LA as long as I have a Daily ready. That's the build right there in a nutshell!
    pitshade wrote: »
    I was able to make the build work using the T1 Master Duelist set, but it took work. Switching to Skulkers was like night and day.

Hey, Pitshade. I have a few questions about Master Duelist. I guess I'll cut it short -- Is it working on Live? Does it have some sort of message when it procs? And is the reduction to Encounters a flat -1 second to CD?

I bought a set for 200k and have not yet equipped it to my Alt. TR. But you see, I tested it in Preview yesterday but it seems to be broken in there as there were no reductions to my encounters when I was testing the set. It's not doing anything, or it's not entirely shaving off -1 second per 4th use of At-Will via Sly Flourish. I was practicing in Trade of Blades. Would it be possible for you to drop by in Preview sometime and see if you'll get the same results? If it's not bugged for you then I guess Master Duelist wasn't quite what I expected.
    Pyremania, 3 times in a row

Weird. I haven't had trouble with Pyraphenia lately. Perhaps you should file a bug report for this and detail what exactly happened before this bug occurred for you.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Hey, Pitshade. I have a few questions about Master Duelist. I guess I'll cut it short -- Is it working on Live? Does it have some sort of message when it procs? And is the reduction to Encounters a flat -1 second to CD?

I bought a set for 200k and have not yet equipped it to my Alt. TR. But you see, I tested it in Preview yesterday but it seems to be broken in there as there were no reductions to my encounters when I was testing the set. It's not doing anything, or it's not entirely shaving off -1 second per 4th use of At-Will via Sly Flourish. I was practicing in Trade of Blades. Would it be possible for you to drop by in Preview sometime and see if you'll get the same results? If it's not bugged for you then I guess Master Duelist wasn't quite what I expected.
    I still have the set but haven't used it since getting the Skulker. I am pretty sure seeing it work back when I started Feywild in August, but never bothered to check since then. There isn't any notification that it works, but SF (my main atwill at the time) seemed to be reducing it faster. I can try testing it again, but it will probably be this weekend due to working longer hours this week. It should be easy to test on a training dummy, use a long cooldown power and test it with and without the set, recording the times.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Thanks in advance, Pitshade. I actually tested it like that in preview as well. I did notice some small reductions in preview but they are in no way consistent or near to 1 second every 4th use of At-Will which is how the set describes itself. It's just strange. I was thinking Master Duelist would remove 1 second off encounters by every 4th strike of Sly Flourish (total of 4 strikes). But for some reason it doesn't seem like it's reducing 1 second. More like a split second and it doesn't always happen every 4th strike. I hope what I've been seeing in Preview was indeed a bug and that it's not similar to live.
  • Options
    squibosquibo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hi again guys :)
    I got my last DR boon and im willing to chose endless consumption i have around 1700 life steal
    is it good to go whit? or should i chose rampage madness. sry for bad english :)
    Jamaica
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Endless Consumption is the way to go. It has a decent proc rate and heals for a very good amount. It procs very frequently with Duelist's Flurry, and when I happen to proc it using Gloaming Cut, I heal for amounts like 1.5k - 2k which is pretty neat. Rampaging Madness is very situational and will eventually be fixed. Right now it's broken, since it doesn't follow its own conditions where it can only have 1 stack of Madness per second. When it gets fixed, you will definitely not want to be stuck with bad Boon.
  • Options
    squibosquibo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thx on everything todesfaelle!
    Im using this build from the 'lv1' and enjoying everything about it
    2 days ago got last peace of Skulker's set and DR Boon today :D
    There is a lot of work for me to be done, but whit fun i have when i play it, shouldn't be verry hard :)
    Jamaica
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Just ran some tests on live. I can't access Preview at the moment to check this there.
    Setup one was wearing three pieces of Master Duelist, minus the helmet, plus a blue ring giving 100 recovery. MD helmet gives 109 recovery, for a difference of 9 points. That shouldn't have any noticeable affect.

Setup Two was with all four pieces of MD equipped.

Each setup was tested twice, alternating. No 4pc bonus, bonus, none, bonus. The trial was to use smoke bomb (long cooldown) and then do nothing but sly flourish. Each trial consisted of four rotations of smokebomb until it cooled. Without the set, both trials ended up at around 60 seconds. With the set bonus, the time was about 46 seconds. Given this, I can only conclude that the set is working.

I really like that set, but obviously the skulker is better for my needs atm. It certainly seems like a good choice for a starting rogue, or with a little extra work on enchants, might even be viable for end game in a non stealth build.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    That's actually got some interesting implications for a Scoundrel I've put approximately zero effort into gearing thus far. I might even get her the Thayan Zealot off-hand blade. Hrm....
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I've never checked to see how the Zealot offhands stack up against a t2 set offhand. My less geared WK is currently using iceshard dagger and a Master Assassin offhand from PK. I finally picked up the Zealot main hand yesterday, which has more damage than a t2 junk purple mainhand, but need to redo some things to adjust for the stat differences.

One other thing about the trial. Unlike the Archmage set bonus, at no point did the cooldown lurch forward. I don't know how it's coded, but it's possible that simply using an atwill accelerates the cooldown, with the fourth atwill being timed to have knocked a full second off. That's only a supposition, but it's the only way I can account for the fact that the cooldown timer appeared to be running smoothly. If it works in such a way, it's actually more powerful than the tooltip suggests as one wouldn't have to actually use the atwill continuously.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Zealot TR weapons deal 388-474 damage, which is better than the Iceshard or Thickgristle options (which do have the appeal of being consistently available for under salvage value).

The T2 set ones are 393-481, and I admit I hadn't really been thinking in terms of them because they don't offer a set bonus. Never considered that their damage range was higher than the junk purples.

Since any of the T2.5 sets is really out of the question for a character that's not a gearing priority, a chest drop from PK actually looks pretty good, since that would be free.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    edited February 2014
    That's why I went with Iceshard and Thickgristle when my WK hit 60. I paid less than salvage prices and when they upgrade, I get more than my AD back. I've ended up with even my ungeared chars with T2 set offhands, because running with Legit parties, I seem to keep getting taken to PK at the end of DD because people want one more quick run. Depending on who's in the party, it may be harder content than that. I was in a Mad Dragon group the other night and there was an ungeared rogue who then got drug through FH and TOS before getting a second run through MD. Poor fellow died in the FH fight but managed to make it though Spider and got at least one T2 set drop, IIRC.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Heh. We like to torture fresh 60 guildies by throwing enough gear at them to queue for T2s and then making them run Spellplague as their very first epic dungeon.

The last TR we did that to actually did a fantastic job. It was my first time healing it, so fun times.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    edited February 2014
    squibo wrote: »
    Thx on everything todesfaelle!
    Im using this build from the 'lv1' and enjoying everything about it
    2 days ago got last peace of Skulker's set and DR Boon today :D
    There is a lot of work for me to be done, but whit fun i have when i play it, shouldn't be verry hard :)

It's NP, man. I hope you enjoy the build once you get the other gear!
    pitshade wrote: »
    Just ran some tests on live. I can't access Preview at the moment to check this there.
    Setup one was wearing three pieces of Master Duelist, minus the helmet, plus a blue ring giving 100 recovery. MD helmet gives 109 recovery, for a difference of 9 points. That shouldn't have any noticeable affect.

Setup Two was with all four pieces of MD equipped.

Each setup was tested twice, alternating. No 4pc bonus, bonus, none, bonus. The trial was to use smoke bomb (long cooldown) and then do nothing but sly flourish. Each trial consisted of four rotations of smokebomb until it cooled. Without the set, both trials ended up at around 60 seconds. With the set bonus, the time was about 46 seconds. Given this, I can only conclude that the set is working.

I really like that set, but obviously the skulker is better for my needs atm. It certainly seems like a good choice for a starting rogue, or with a little extra work on enchants, might even be viable for end game in a non stealth build.

Thank you very much checking this out for me, Pitshade. I appreciate it. I tried it out with ITC as well and can confirm that it does seem like working, but the effects aren't that noticeable and doesn't seem to be working as it is described in the tooltip. The idea behind the set is good. It's just disappointing that it didn't work as I imagined it to be. It's really a good thing I asked you guys first before actually equipping the thing. Oh well, anyway. I was actually planning to use it for a Scoundrel build like Beckylunatic mentioned.

It's a build that should, in theory, have a high uptime of ITC while abusing the effects of Action Rush by spamming Dazing Strike and Wicked Reminder. Master Duelist would have worked well with a build that aims to spam low CD encounters out of Stealth. It still does, but it's not as viable as I thought it would be. Nonetheless I filed a report about this and I hope the devs take a look at it.

Thanks once more, man. And yep, as things stand right now, nothing works better for us than Skulkers. I most probably will not even switch my PVE Skulkers for a PVP Skulker Set when I play PVP. The stat combinations on PVE Skulker is really nice. But I guess I'll eventually have to let go of my PVE Skulker once I get a Profound PVP Set (30% more Stealth).
    Zealot TR weapons deal 388-474 damage, which is better than the Iceshard or Thickgristle options (which do have the appeal of being consistently available for under salvage value).

The T2 set ones are 393-481, and I admit I hadn't really been thinking in terms of them because they don't offer a set bonus. Never considered that their damage range was higher than the junk purples.

Since any of the T2.5 sets is really out of the question for a character that's not a gearing priority, a chest drop from PK actually looks pretty good, since that would be free.

Yeah, agreed. For non-set weapons, Thayan Zealot has a very nice stat combination. The ArP + Recovery combo is a rare sight to see for epic daggers. I got mine a week after Dread Ring came out and I'm not thinking of switching them out even for set weapons that offer the crit bonus. We have a lot of crit already and it has severe Diminishing Returns. If it were a flat amount like 2% - 3% crit, I guess it'd be worth using. But 450 crit can only change so little. :\
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    And I just got an idea for our Stealth Rogue Community. What do you guys think of a set of Foundry Quests that aim to train and introduce the mentality of this play style to the new level 60 users of the build? It should contain the basics like Stealth Running, handling Gloaming Cut and managing cooldowns, etc. It's just a rough idea so far.
  • Options
    xyntrynz1axyntrynz1a Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    That sounds like a neat idea. It would be an in game tutorial.

Very fun PvP games today. I was being pretty aggressive and died more than usual, but it was fun going 1v3 and 1v4 and really pushing my gameplay while you guys capped the other nodes. Pretty funny when you know you will eventually die but don't care because you get the other team so focused on you they lose sight of the rest of the game.
    :D

The other person talking was Yanni the HR. He must be pretty young but did well in rounding out our squad.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Yeah it was a great set of matches indeed! I had a lot of fun since things start out slow for us but we end up getting the victory. I love how we didn't get much quitters in the opponent's side. And you did really well as usual, Xyn. Going back from mid then opponent's base to help me out, it was good support.

And yeah hearing you and Yanni converse was pretty amusing. :p Sad that I don't have a headset with a mic on to join you guys.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I use the following
    Logitech G930 Wireless Gaming Headset with 7.1 Surround sound
    http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g930-7-1-wireless-gaming-headset

If I want to mess with people I can change my voice to sound like a squirrel.
    :)

Im in IT so yearly I have to take training to keep my skills up to speed. With the strong presence of fast internet connections and Web Conferencing, training is now done online mostly.
    During one of my classes, received a Plantronics USB headset that had the audio card built in. I will have to look at what model it is on monday, but I think it was about a $30 headset and it works very well.

That might be a cheap way to get good sound with a Mic.

The one game from a fight perspective was a huge challenge. Each member of that team could bring some whooping. But we did what we are supposed to and Tricked them. They got so wrapped up in fighting us, that we ended up taking and keeping 2 nodes and then they had to play catch up. They did hold even for almost half the game though.

I'm going to post up a Configuration that I just used with the final battle with Valindra in my build. Speed is everything and stealth doesn't matter at that point except to help you get more DPS. Sneak Attack, Skillful Infiltratror, Deft Strike and Lurkers Assault were all key to preventing the Caskets from spawning Ads and also getting to a team mate quickly when they are grabbed by a hand.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I'll be on tomorrow at the same time. Maybe we can try something different after a few matches, like maybe tackle a dungeon. And I'll try to get a good headset one of these days. The company you're in is pretty cool, btw. Giving you those freebies. Mine's a cheapskate but then again I'm in education.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I'll be on tomorrow at the same time. Maybe we can try something different after a few matches, like maybe tackle a dungeon. And I'll try to get a good headset one of these days. The company you're in is pretty cool, btw. Giving you those freebies. Mine's a cheapskate but then again I'm in education.

The class cost $3500 so they were not free. Just something to ensure everyone could properly participate in the training.
    :)

Ill be at work tomorow so I am not sure what my schedule looks like yet. We are launching a big project so I probably will nit be available for more than a quick PvP or two around noon