What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GWF records

Comments

• Options
    squirtlejigglysquirtlejiggly Member Posts: 68
    edited May 2014
    I agree, All these nerfs did absolutely NOTHING to fix anything and just ended up unbalancing things more and more.... and make the situation even worse.

I think its about time they start UN-NERFING... the Tenacity and previous nerfs to every other class have now made it so pretty much every other class is running around with their hands tied behind their backs, and NOT even able to use their full potential, while GWFs can unleash their full potential on anyone they feel like.

These GWFs? Are they for real? Probably not, but apparently they can't compete with other classes in reality because they're not even fighting other classes at one half of that classes potential. Just a bunch of wannabes thinking their uber when in reality they're fighting all those other classes who are at such reduced capability of fighting due to all the assanine nerfs that didn't do a thing to balance anything.

...that's all it is and that's all it ever was.

I wonder how well they'd ACTUALLY fare against unnerfed classes... probably not nearly as good.

Who the hell wants to play a game where everything YOU could do to fight back is gone because the Devs decided to "make adjustments" and fail so miserably it only broke things entirely.

If should be painfully obvious at this point the Devs need to completely reverse course and begin removing their former "adjustments" and that's to all classes really.

Because this is all it ever turns into... more unbalance...

wow wow wow... calm down, buddy.

1. It's not the player's fault for choosing to play GWF. Don't make it sound like we are the ones who made this happen.
    2. The devs was probably just trying to make the destroyer tree more dps-ish and they've also nerfed SoTS and Deep Gash. So in order to deal thaaat amount of crazy damage, the gwf probably gave up on some defensive stats.
    3. It's not the fault of the players, don't blame us :(
  • Options
    silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014

1. It's not the player's fault for choosing to play GWF. Don't make it sound like we are the ones who made this happen.
    2. The devs was probably just trying to make the destroyer tree more dps-ish and they've also nerfed SoTS and Deep Gash. So in order to deal thaaat amount of crazy damage, the gwf probably gave up on some defensive stats.
    3. It's not the fault of the players, don't blame us :(

I'm not blaming players at all...

But that doesn't mean you're somehow a god... when in reality you're only taking on a bunch of other classes that had to be nerfed into oblivion in order for THIS current fiasco to happen.

I squarely blame the Devs for short term, short sighted thinking... nerfs are ONLY something you use in extreme circumstances. Not one every other patch. You end up putting yourself in these kinds of shoes and only make things worse... not better.

They need to begin reversing course in a real big hurry on their previous nerfs with regards to those other classes, or this farce will continue.

They need to realize none of this would have happened if they'd have just left well enough alone.
  • Options
    mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I find the damage is a bit much when a gwf can knock me down smack me a couple times and boom I am dead 28k hp 4.5k def gf I am not sayings its unfair just the fact they can finish a gf at half health i find is not a rebalanced but a severe over balanced change to the gwf. Even if they are slightly less tanky doesn't feel too much different for me
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • Options
    cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    mfgamesys wrote: »
    I find the damage is a bit much when a gwf can knock me down smack me a couple times and boom I am dead 28k hp 4.5k def gf I am not sayings its unfair just the fact they can finish a gf at half health i find is not a rebalanced but a severe over balanced change to the gwf. Even if they are slightly less tanky doesn't feel too much different for me
    tbh with destro build i cant tank 3 ppls anymore i have alot problems doing 2v1 than ever, all i can do when it comes 2 dps vs me is run around node and hope to not get cced and die in a matter of sec with 42k hp....
    so the difference in tankiness is really noticeable
  • Options
    edited May 2014

1. It's not the player's fault for choosing to play GWF. Don't make it sound like we are the ones who made this happen. :(

Look man, I'm not blaming players,

But this whole GWF thing is a farce, you're only "ruling the field" because none of the other classes can fight back at this point. You're basically taking on a bunch of what are little more than punching bags who can't hit back, and can do nothing.

....that would be because the Devs nerfed everyone else into the ground so they can't compete anymore.

No... you're not for real as a GWF, because you're not fighting anyone special, you're just fighting a bunch of classes the Devs nerfed so badly they're broken in PvP.

And you WONT be until you're taking on those other classes again.... with their REAL abilities..... not the farce you're playing against right now.

So yeah... to me you're just a joke.
  • Options
    myth8892myth8892 Member Posts: 48
    edited May 2014
    the game is called join the GWF or CW class if you want to own in pve or pvp...

honestly i think the developers dont have a clue on what they are doing in this game, if they dont see what is going on now, well it tells you something...
  • Options
    oicidrazoicidraz Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I feel the struggle with my GF, if our defense was as good as a GWF's DPS we should have like 45K HP, 60% DR and 40% Deflect at least...
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Let me be clear here too...

Do I want to see GWFs nerfed?

Hell no... likely it will only cause more problems than it solves, and make the situation even worse.

Because that's all these nerfs have ever done.
  • Options
    biibiisaibiibiisai Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Maybe make tenacity work on prone too would relief the problem a little.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    biibiisai wrote: »
    Maybe make tenacity work on prone too would relief the problem a little.

No it will probably just make it useless like all other "adjustments".

What they REALLY need to do is go BACK to the other classes and "re-examine" their mistakes.... and actually admit they made them.. in assuming those things were broken in the first place.

In short... they need to start... UN-Nerfing... because they've caused all their own problems they're trying to solve right now with previous short sighted decisions.
  • Options
    squirtlejigglysquirtlejiggly Member Posts: 68
    edited May 2014
    Look man, I'm not blaming players,

But this whole GWF thing is a farce, you're only "ruling the field" because none of the other classes can fight back at this point. You're basically taking on a bunch of what are little more than punching bags who can't hit back, and can do nothing.

....that would be because the Devs nerfed everyone else into the ground so they can't compete anymore.

No... you're not for real as a GWF, because you're not fighting anyone special, you're just fighting a bunch of classes the Devs nerfed so badly they're broken in PvP.

And you WONT be until you're taking on those other classes again.... with their REAL abilities..... not the farce you're playing against right now.

So yeah... to me you're just a joke.

I'm actually content with the SoTS and Deep Gash nerf and the buff with the destroyer tree.

Just to clear things up, there are players like me who chose the GWF with no prior knowledge to the class balance issue in NW. Anyway, the main point that the dev is missing is nerfing classes will only make classes more imbalance.

The HRs were great in PvP and weak in PvE. They didn't need to nerf their PvP skills and buff a bunch of other skills which ultimately did not replace the use of Split Shots in PvP. I guess it's really the content of the dungeons, and NOT the encounter abilities of each class.

Btw, 1 quick suggestion I thought about for PvE dungeons so that parties wouldn't just be 3CWs and 2 GWFs.

If more mobs were to have more CC immunity, this would mean that players MIGHT actually invite other classes.
  • Options
    hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I fought a GWf today on a home node.i am a 36k hp full profound r8 GF.The gwf missed 3 prones on my block.the fourth got me.
    I have 46% normal DR plus 21% tenacity.That is 67% Dr.Plus 11% aoe (prone ) resist from dexterity.
    Do you know how much hp i lost??

From 30k hp at the moment of the fight went to 8k hp.Do the maths for how much he hitted me.above 40k damage for sure.
    Do you think this is balanced?
    And hell i am a Gf i have block.What about HR/CWs?they will die outright!! trololol :)
    The problem is not obvious yet cause fully specced Destro PVP GWfs are rare at the time.Sentinels are the majority of pvp GWfs still.
    If more and more pvp GWfs reroll to destros ,the complaints we had regarding permaTrs/SE will look like a calm wave to a lake ,with a undersea volcano tsunami errupting :P

"Instigator's Vengeance
    Your damage is increased by 50%(Up from 12%) , but taking direct damage will disable this bonus for 2 seconds (Down from 3).""

lol!!!! :P what's next?
    next hypothetical gwf change from devs:

"Great Weapon Fighter protector"
    "Your reckless nature consumes you and is time to avenge on any class that snobbed you pre mod2:Every hit on a non GWf in pvp increases your damage for 20% for 6 seconds.this stacks up to 25 times"
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Btw, 1 quick suggestion I thought about for PvE dungeons so that parties wouldn't just be 3CWs and 2 GWFs.

If more mobs were to have more CC immunity, this would mean that players MIGHT actually invite other classes.

Bzzzt wrong answer.... that just caused the CURRENT problems you're seeing NOW in PVP.

Didn't you ever think this throught? Or are you just throwing darts at a dart board?

Did you know ROGUEs use to be a preferred class for single target damage in dungeons? On Boss Mobs?

Well that would be until... errrm... they decided to nerf multiple techniques... relegating most of the Rogue PvE side to a lesser class.

Ergo... causing many of the problems you're seeing today with rogues being unwanted EVEN for single target damage.

IE>.. these nerfs haven't fixed a **** thing. They just keep making the situation worse and worse and worse.

Oh great... yeah lets Nerf GWFs now...

I KNOW IT WILL WORK THIS TIME!!!!... it HAS to work!!!

Even though this line of thought has been a disaster over and over again with every other class and keeps making this kind of thing happen over and over again. Its quite literally CAUSED ALL THE PROBLEMS WE HAVE RIGHT NOW.

NO...

Its time to go back and begin UNNERFING... and admit this was a short sighted approach that lacked any clear vision in the end.
  • Options
    vristvrist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 50
    edited May 2014
    Class balance will be where everyone can face tank eachother, and all laws of physics are irrelevant.

My destroyer is made of glass. I can do occasional awesome damage, but the second unstoppable is down, I a one shot wonder.
  • Options
    koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    calm down nerrds,

on topic: what if they nerf destro and buff instigator in mod4, will you guys still be shedding as much tears as you are now?
    people asked for deep gash nerf cause sents are doing lots of dps... now the pvp gwfs switched to destroyer and well... people are still asking for nerfs lmao!
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    tbh with destro build i cant tank 3 ppls anymore i have alot problems doing 2v1 than ever, all i can do when it comes 2 dps vs me is run around node and hope to not get cced and die in a matter of sec with 42k hp....
    so the difference in tankiness is really noticeable

Why don't you attack instead of running in a circle like a dummy?

You know you get determination from damage with the destroyer capstone. Unstoppable is and always was your best defense as a GWF.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    vrist wrote: »
    Class balance will be where everyone can face tank eachother, and all laws of physics are irrelevant.

My destroyer is made of glass. I can do occasional awesome damage, but the second unstoppable is down, I a one shot wonder.

That's ridiculous. What's your DR and tenacity? It's probably what, 40 and 20 percent mitigation? How does going from like 68% mitigation in sent to 60% mitigation in Destroyer make you a one shot wonder?

Hell, I lose more mitigation as an HR if 2 people are near me.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    jtrivjtriv Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2014
    They dont need to nerf anyone. what they need to do is buff everyone else. and GF a real mechanic. not marking something. plenty of 1vs1 with gwfs ends with a dead GWF. mabey you should stop trying to take a gwf head on. never in the history of DnD has a wizard or rouge been able to take a hit from a warrior. points not to get hit. i mean look at it realisticly. you were cloth. and leather. im weilding a 30 pound weapon with a blade on it. CWs and TRs need more base stamina. and GFs need more defence when not in block. cause with shield up(im a DPS GWF) i practicly do nothing to a GF. granted his shield breaks and i destroy him. Wich i understand. GFs wear plate armor. and should be really the ones to take hits. but also remeber compare GS. im a 19k GWF if your a 14k CW or other. im ganna destroy you. its not my class. its the fact im all out. and most of this is all on the subject of PvP. wich isnt the MAIN point in the game. GWFs are a great asset in dungeons dps wise. but when in a horde we are quite squishy. also add most other classes have encounters that lock on. pretty much cant miss. have a real dodge. etc etc. PVE GWF is perfect. and CW in PVE is perfection. doing anything to us to try and fix PVP will only ruin PVE. and on a dps note. I know plenty of TRs that can easily out single target DPs any GWF.
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    but why is everyone trying to apologize for having "chosen gwf". I chose this class at the time that she was not only less desirable, but was kicked out of partys ... I did not know that, and we speak of the beta.

even in this situation because the sentinel ALOT of people asked nerf. Then the class fell into a well in module1, receiving "minor adjustments". and this was the time of the swordmaster yet.

Came the bleed, leaving all viable paths (pve) and then people started crying even more, including saying the gwf took the role of defender/gf (nobody cared before about the lack of space . Nor that cw said he intended for the gwf 20% damage of his favorite class, reporting to the steel blitz to see what I could).

I'm not saying here that there is a "conspiracy against gwf" the rogue is not currently as by a natural process. What exists is a predatory mentality among players. Falling into conversation? Never. Know ibs making 30k? for me it was 50k.
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I don't have anything agains the players that have been playing GWF class since the begining.
    I'd rather say I hate the way the game "insist" on rolling that class to "win"...
  • Options
    ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    GWF are OP what do you want... They are still OP after the change too!
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    gorguts99 wrote: »
    Just yesterday I got matched against a min/maxed GWF destroyer friend, 34K HP, ~30% deflect 1.5K regen and he would average crit me between 10-15K (while having my perfect negation activated!). I was disgusted, don't forget I'm a GF with better tanky spec, 40k HP, same deflect better regen, more defense. The funniest part is since he's a GWF, all of his stats scale way better than me (deflect, crit, defense especially) so as a destroyer, he tanks just fine as me with less tanky stats but doing 2x the DPS I do.

You can say whatever you want to denigrate my words but I'm 600-80 purely from pug games in the leaderboard as a GF, which is enough experiences to take consideration of.

Noone is denying your words my brother, I too feel your same pain. GWF has been given way to much in the Warrior bracket. They should be either DPS / Utility / or Tank not all 3 with a ridiculously OP tab feature!

• Options
    cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Noone is denying your words my brother, I too feel your same pain. GWF has been given way to much in the Warrior bracket. They should be either DPS / Utility / or Tank not all 3 with a ridiculously OP tab feature!
    we need to get ride of CW debuffs aswell
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    jtriv wrote: »
    They dont need to nerf anyone. what they need to do is buff everyone else. and GF a real mechanic. not marking something.

What they REALLY need to do is UN-NERF everyone else...

The ONLY reason you're even seeing this kind of problem with GWFs... is because they've nerfed nearly every other class to be completely non competetive... and CAUSED THEIR OWN PROBLEMS.

It goes like this... Oh wait "X class is way out of line, it needs some adjustments"... OH wait now "Y class needs some adjustement"... oh wait now "Z Class is way out of line and needs adjustments"... Oh wait now "X class is out of line again and needs some adjustments"... So they keep unbalancing the game further and further create their own problems... and NEVER actually achieve what they set out to do.... and in the end caused their own problems.

... and stand in shoes of their own making...

The minute anyone thinks "Nerf"... turn around and smack your own hand with a ruler.

Because YOU probably just assisted in making the problem even worse than before...
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    What they REALLY need to do is UN-NERF everyone else...

The ONLY reason you're even seeing this kind of problem with GWFs... is because they've nerfed nearly every other class to be completely non competetive... and CAUSED THEIR OWN PROBLEMS.

It goes like this... Oh wait "X class is way out of line, it needs some adjustments"... OH wait now "Y class needs some adjustement"... oh wait now "Z Class is way out of line and needs adjustments"... Oh wait now "X class is out of line again and needs some adjustments"... So they keep unbalancing the game further and further create their own problems... and NEVER actually achieve what they set out to do.... and in the end caused their own problems.

... and stand in shoes of their own making...

The minute anyone thinks "Nerf"... turn around and smack your own hand with a ruler.

Because YOU probably just assisted in making the problem even worse than before...

Well if a Nerf makes GWF not run around as an unkillable machine that runs away when it finally gets low after killing 4 people then nerfs are good!

• Options
    edited May 2014
    we need to get ride of CW debuffs aswell

You're dying to CW dmg mitigation debuffs?

• Options
    lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    As a gwf there are not many classes I feel comfortable against in 1v1. Perma will grind me, HR has many ways to stay at range, CW will usually complete a full rotation plus a daily before he gets out of teleports, GF has IV.
    In the open pvp it feels even worse, any sniper will kill me. This form of pvp in a very large and empty area gives even less hopes to a gwf, you feel like the guys whom Wurtne defeats 1v5 in his WoW videos.
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Well if a Nerf makes GWF not run around as an unkillable machine that runs away when it finally gets low after killing 4 people then nerfs are good!

No... what needs to happen as an example is...

Rogue Damage unnerfed, so when they do strike at a GWF they're going to kill him. Ergo... you stay stealthed and don't take him head on. Wait for your opportunity and then attack.

CWs and DCs can stun him, or freeze him, or throw him a long ways away so he can't use it properly or get close enough to prone you.

Yeah the GWF is supposed to be that nasty head on... but right now EVERY OTHER CLASS has been nerfed into oblivion to the point where they have no other choice.

So what you have is a bunch of other classes who have NO CHOICE LEFT but to try to take a GWF head on... which is absolutely stupid.

Ergo... remove the other classes nerfs... this whole thing disappears.

The nerfs caused these problems.

More nerfs won't solve them... it will only create even more problems you never saw coming, and probably just screw you over in the end even worse.

Lets stop doing stupid things that end up stepping on our own ****s here.... and think this through instead of idiotic short term fixes that lack the overall vision of what these classes are and how they're supposed to fight.
  • Options
    niagh20niagh20 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    lucifron44 wrote: »
    As a gwf there are not many classes I feel comfortable against in 1v1. Perma will grind me, HR has many ways to stay at range, CW will usually complete a full rotation plus a daily before he gets out of teleports, GF has IV.
    In the open pvp it feels even worse, any sniper will kill me. This form of pvp in a very large and empty area gives even less hopes to a gwf, you feel like the guys whom Wurtne defeats 1v5 in his WoW videos.

You sir are a idiot
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    lucifron44 wrote: »

You gotta be kidding? GWF are a CW's bane!!!!! a CW sees a GWF they know get outta dodge or you will soon be dead...