Install Arc
Options

GWF records

mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
edited May 2014 in PvE Discussion
Top damage hits I received from GWF so far:

15k Takedown.
28k IBS.

I am cleric with 46% DR, 34k HP, 28% deflect and 21% tenacity. I'm getting killed in 1 encounter rotation from average geared GWF.

This is my post-module 3 feedback.
M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
Post edited by mehguy138 on

Comments

• Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I've dealt ~34.5k IBS...to be fair I could tell that person was really, really undergeared and they were almost dead so it almost had full +30% damage.
  • Options
    slushlikewindslushlikewind Member Posts: 272 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    I am fairly postive that GWF has rougly 24K HP.

Which means he would die to pretty much anything in one rotation as well. So I don't see the fuzz about it.
  • Options
    thegrandexenothegrandexeno Member Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014

Which means he would die to pretty much anything in one rotation as well. So I don't see the fuzz about it.

ppsstt...immunity *wink wink*
    • Halflingas The Great - Stormwarden HR(60)
  • Options
    gorguts99gorguts99 Member Posts: 39
    edited May 2014

Just yesterday I got matched against a min/maxed GWF destroyer friend, 34K HP, ~30% deflect 1.5K regen and he would average crit me between 10-15K (while having my perfect negation activated!). I was disgusted, don't forget I'm a GF with better tanky spec, 40k HP, same deflect better regen, more defense. The funniest part is since he's a GWF, all of his stats scale way better than me (deflect, crit, defense especially) so as a destroyer, he tanks just fine as me with less tanky stats but doing 2x the DPS I do.

You can say whatever you want to denigrate my words but I'm 600-80 purely from pug games in the leaderboard as a GF, which is enough experiences to take consideration of.
  • Options
    quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2014
    Also since mod3 release itc has been buggy and TRs have to pop it a full second before a prone or they get proned into it. Many a TR has been experience WTF moments where they are proned through itc into a one rotation death.
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Also since mod3 release itc has been buggy and TRs have to pop it a full second before a prone or they get proned into it. Many a TR has been experience WTF moments where they are proned through itc into a one rotation death.

I've actually had to that happen to me since ages ago when I played my TR...its very annoying.
  • Options
    klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Maybe you meant something else, but from your message it comes across as if GWFs in general have 24k hp, well...
    I'll let you in a little secret, there are some who have more than twice that amount.
  • Options
    proneificationproneification Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 494 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    People don't understand that most Destroyer damage comes from class/spec mechanics. That means that you can spec destro and gear up DEFENSIVELY. Also you can drink all the elixirs in the AH for added effect :D

Still a bit squishy, but if you like big, huge orange numbers on your screen, this is the go-to spec for now. Enjoy it while it last, dear GWF brothers&sisters, cause we all know the QQ rivers of tears will soon drown the forums.
  • Options
    cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    Nice try, GWF, but no. Learn tactics? Why won't you tell some? How to counter the class, that has 6-7 secs CD on prone, that hits you for 10k+? How to counter the class, that you can't escape from? Look at the leaderboard. Ah, right, you don't care as long as you play that class.

I've never complained about sentinel GWFs, they were fine after tenacity update. If you ask me, I'll tell you that I'd prefer sentinel regen pre-tenacity pre-tenebrous nerf GWF over what we have now anytime.

i see 3 GWFs and 14 TRs also ur argument about leaderboard is invalid cause those ppls go mostly full 5 pm pt stomping pugs all day long
    so this whole thread has no point at all
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    gwf one that takes these values ​​are not specified for pvp ... and by the way, is with all active bonus (dc wants to go up against a warrior and thinks not give you time to accumulate these bonus?).

seriously think that people will play fantasy numbers in the forum and find what will work?

sorry, but it is now official.
  • Options
    jessebrownjrjessebrownjr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 58
    edited May 2014
    Instigator's Vengeance
    Your damage is increased by 50%(Up from 12%) , but taking direct damage will disable this bonus for 2 seconds (Down from 3).

As soon as they nerf the buffs created in mod 3.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tenacity Who? Versus GF Master means nada.
  • Options
    proneificationproneification Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 494 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    zacazu wrote: »
    gwf one that takes these values ​​are not specified for pvp

Things changed.
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    15k clean I doubt ...

if it is, well, it happens ... haha

wanted quick pvp, is there.
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited May 2014

15k Takedown.
    28k IBS.

I am cleric with 46% DR, 34k HP, 28% deflect and 21% tenacity. I'm getting killed in 1 encounter rotation from average geared GWF.

even destroyer spaced cant hit that much if did get hit this much blame cw and dc not gwf cw and dc is are one who debuffed u and buffed for gwf
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Moderator Notice:
    . . . Thread cleansed. If one cannot fathom giving advice without being rude or insulting, then please do not use our forums. Do not reply to this notice, instead contact us via Private Message to discuss forum moderation. Thanks!
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited May 2014

15k Takedown.
    28k IBS.

Must have been a dev in a gwf disguise. Against dummies of the vendor blade, my Takedown delivers maybe 3k and my IBS maybe 5k, and the dummies have neither tenacity nor defense. Maybe your gwf was buffed by the DC of the red team.
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Well, I'm sure everyone is relieved to see the results of the GWF nerf.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    bucklittlebucklittle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This isn't really an issue. All these GWF are sacrificing a lot of defense for offense, and after the deep gash nerf, still doing less overall real damage than before mod 3. There was a reason people didn't spec GWF for PVP as destroyer before mod 3 and it still applies.

Complaining about insanely high IBS crits is like complaining about TR's insanely high shocking executions, you were dead anyways.

No GWF can just walk up to another player adequately geared, activate IBS and then crit for 34k.

How can you crit someone with full tenacity gear with IBS for these numbers? Beat on them for 20 instances of damage, get the player redlined, activate IBS and land a crit.
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    bucklittle wrote: »
    This isn't really an issue. All these GWF are sacrificing a lot of defense for offense, and after the deep gash nerf, still doing less overall real damage than before mod 3. There was a reason people didn't spec GWF for PVP as destroyer before mod 3 and it still applies.

Complaining about insanely high IBS crits is like complaining about TR's insanely high shocking executions, you were dead anyways.

No GWF can just walk up to another player adequately geared, activate IBS and then crit for 34k.

How can you crit someone with full tenacity gear with IBS for these numbers? Beat on them for 20 instances of damage, get the player redlined, activate IBS and land a crit.

The extra damage mitigation from setinal is not what I'd call a lot. It is something like 8% mitigation and some deflect. Not gamebreaking. The only reason GWFs went sent was because those 2 feats were so broken they accounted for tons of damage, and if you can get 8% mitigation and some deflect on top of that, why not?

And there was a good defensive reason to go destroyer before this buff to GWFs- you get determination from damage = unstoppable more often = more bonus mitigation/temp hp/self-healing more often.

And no, you were not "dead anyways" if you got hit by IBS. Getting proned and going through a rotation from a GWF hurt bad before, but now it can outright kill you from full health.

And there was good reason to complain about Shocking Execution, although at least with SE pre-nerf, it was infrequent. A GWF rotation can start again every few seconds.
  • Options
    bucklittlebucklittle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Destroyer's Purpose as defense in PvP? Ya I don't think so.

What do you get from sent tree? Sentinels aegis between 8-10% less damage, Additional 5AC, up to +15% deflect, 5% heal on unstoppable.

Mod 2, in the same gear, destroyer did marginally more dps in PVP. Why wasn't destroyer FotM? Because it paled in comparison to Sentinel. And guess what? In mod 3, destroyer's dps is the same as before, in PVE.

People are complaining about destroyer GWFs that aren't any stronger in Mod 3 than they were in Mod 2. What did they get? A damage increase to IBS starting with targets at 30% health, Deep Gash nerfed from roughly 100% of crit damage to roughly the damage of a Greater Flaming with single stack that is less than non-stacking, and to compensate a damage increase that requires 20 separate instances of damage that only stacks while in unstoppable to achieve a similar dps to Mod 2.

Unless your facetanking a destroyer GWF while they are in unstoppable, they hit you with roughly 3 rotations of sure strike(9 swings) and they IBS you when you're redlined, you'll never see the numbers people are talking about.
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    klangeddin wrote: »
    I'll let you in a little secret, there are some who have more than twice that amount.

How do you do that? That's 24k HP to find from the gear.
  • Options
    jessebrownjrjessebrownjr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 58
    edited May 2014
    lewel555 wrote: »
    How do you do that? That's 24k HP to find from the gear.

He meant 42k max lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tenacity Who? Versus GF Master means nada.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    bucklittle wrote: »
    Destroyer's Purpose as defense in PvP? Ya I don't think so.

What do you get from sent tree? Sentinels aegis between 8-10% less damage, Additional 5AC, up to +15% deflect, 5% heal on unstoppable.

Mod 2, in the same gear, destroyer did marginally more dps in PVP. Why wasn't destroyer FotM? Because it paled in comparison to Sentinel. And guess what? In mod 3, destroyer's dps is the same as before, in PVE.

People are complaining about destroyer GWFs that aren't any stronger in Mod 3 than they were in Mod 2. What did they get? A damage increase to IBS starting with targets at 30% health, Deep Gash nerfed from roughly 100% of crit damage to roughly the damage of a Greater Flaming with single stack that is less than non-stacking, and to compensate a damage increase that requires 20 separate instances of damage that only stacks while in unstoppable to achieve a similar dps to Mod 2.

Unless your facetanking a destroyer GWF while they are in unstoppable, they hit you with roughly 3 rotations of sure strike(9 swings) and they IBS you when you're redlined, you'll never see the numbers people are talking about.

So you don't think getting unstoppable more often (or making it easier to get it to full) is good for defense?

Every GWF is still going to take the 5% heal on unstoppable. So they only lose deflect and like 10% mitigation. I think that's more than a fair trade to be able to kill people in one rotation while they're prone.

And yeah, getting unstoppable more often is good for defense. Why wouldn't it be? Do you think Unstoppable is an offensive ability? You do realize that unstoppable gives you up to 50-freaking-omg-percent mitigation, temp hp, and a heal with the feat. You think that's an offensive power because it's a capstone in an offensive tree? LOL...

Besides IBS, Destroyer got monster cooldown reductions on roar and takedown, along with other buffs. I'm not sure what to tell you if you think Destroyer isn't more effective than it was before.

Put simply: GWFs weren't killing people in one rotation before, now they are.
  • Options
    benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    My sm destroyer gwf isn't all that well geared, grim pvp gear with some profound jewelry and mostly r7 enchants. I'm killing most CWs I run into with just takedown, wms debuff and IBS. I'm hitting prone GFs for 2/3rds of their health with IBS, and killing DCs in two rotations. I know these are probably players with worse gear than me, but they should at least have a chance to react. It's boring when getting close enough to someone to touch them means they automatically die.
  • Options
    demonkyuubidemonkyuubi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    all this makes me wonder if gwf's will receive the rogue treatment since we all know what happened to the class that used to be known for single target dps
  • Options
    benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Rogue treatment? So they are going to make unstoppable an encounter power and let us be invisible when it's on CD?
  • Options
    demonkyuubidemonkyuubi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    benskix2 wrote: »
    Rogue treatment? So they are going to make unstoppable an encounter power and let us be invisible when it's on CD?

well: turning threatening rush into an encounter, making some class feature or feat that gives extra damage and change it to extra move speed, having no encounter hit more than 10k without vorpal or high power, giving every prone a 1-2 second delay, whichever prone can be shortened to 3 sec cooldown when it misses to have 3 charges + 33% damage reduction when spammed and maxes at 66%, etc
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    benskix2 wrote: »

LOL, yeah. That's basically the rogue problem in a nutshell. They have a class power as an encounter, and then their own actual class power is the best in the game.
    My sm destroyer gwf isn't all that well geared, grim pvp gear with some profound jewelry and mostly r7 enchants. I'm killing most CWs I run into with just takedown, wms debuff and IBS. I'm hitting prone GFs for 2/3rds of their health with IBS, and killing DCs in two rotations. I know these are probably players with worse gear than me, but they should at least have a chance to react. It's boring when getting close enough to someone to touch them means they automatically die.

But dude, how are you even surviving without 10% extra mitigation? You're like a freaking glass cannon man!
  • Options
    silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    all this makes me wonder if gwf's will receive the rogue treatment since we all know what happened to the class that used to be known for single target dps

I agree, All these nerfs did absolutely NOTHING to fix anything and just ended up unbalancing things more and more.... and make the situation even worse.

I think its about time they start UN-NERFING... the Tenacity and previous nerfs to every other class have now made it so pretty much every other class is running around with their hands tied behind their backs, and NOT even able to use their full potential, while GWFs can unleash their full potential on anyone they feel like.

These GWFs? Are they for real? Probably not, but apparently they can't compete with other classes in reality because they're not even fighting other classes at one half of that classes potential. Just a bunch of wannabes thinking their uber when in reality they're fighting all those other classes who are at such reduced capability of fighting due to all the assanine nerfs that didn't do a thing to balance anything.

...that's all it is and that's all it ever was.

I wonder how well they'd ACTUALLY fare against unnerfed classes... probably not nearly as good.

Who the hell wants to play a game where everything YOU could do to fight back is gone because the Devs decided to "make adjustments" and fail so miserably it only broke things entirely.

If should be painfully obvious at this point the Devs need to completely reverse course and begin removing their former "adjustments" and that's to all classes really.

Because this is all it ever turns into... more unbalance...