test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Snow ' Perma-Stealth build (PvP)

Comments

• limeye3limeye3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 101
    edited April 2014
    Updated some feats, now running scoundrel build.
  • schandi23schandi23 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Do u use DF with scoundrel build or SF?
  • dodgerevasiondodgerevasion Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Got it, thanks!!!
    And another question... Do you think the 2543 recovery is good? If it is not asking too much, what are your stats? To get a sense.
  • shunterinoshunterino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    limeye3 wrote: »
    SE is nerfed, i will be using whirlwind of blades in m3.

The devs tend to not note everything in patch notes. ;p

How exactly has it been nerfed? Can't seem to find any details anywhere.
  • quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2014
    Updated some feats, now running scoundrel build.
    Scoundrel or Sab? Your build states you are using Sab but this post says scoundrel, jc... How would you differentiate the difference between the three.
    edited April 2014
    schandi23 wrote: »
    Do u use DF with scoundrel build or SF?

???
    Got it, thanks!!!
    And another question... Do you think the 2543 recovery is good? If it is not asking too much, what are your stats? To get a sense.

What is your recharge speed, your recovery doesn't matter, you should have atleast 25% recharge or so.
    shunterino wrote: »
    How exactly has it been nerfed? Can't seem to find any details anywhere.

Hop on the preview and check out the base dmg and try maxing on people, you'll find out how its nerfed. :p
    Scoundrel or Sab? Your build states you are using Sab but this post says scoundrel, jc... How would you differentiate the difference between the three.

Yea i just respecced to scoundrel from sab.

I'd say Exec is more crit focused (will be good in m3 with potb).

Scoundrel is more flat dmg and daily focused.

Saboteur is pretty high end, its only going to be good if you can land flurries consistently, it was lacking damage for me overall so i respecced. :P
  • shunterinoshunterino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hop on the preview and check out the base dmg and try maxing on people, you'll find out how its nerfed. :p

I don't understand why you can't give a straight answer to a simple question rather than turning into the Riddle Master. Jeez.
    edited April 2014
    Sorry my bad, i would like to know if u still use Duelist's Flurry with ur Scoundrel spec or do u use now Sly Flourish because u get 10% more damage with this at-will power with ur spec.
  • niagh20niagh20 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Snow do you know what the new gears will be like in mod3 and if they will be better then the profound scoundrel set?

Maybe you have a link to what they look like?
    edited April 2014
    schandi23 wrote: »
    Sorry my bad, i would like to know if u still use Duelist's Flurry with ur Scoundrel spec or do u use now Sly Flourish because u get 10% more damage with this at-will power with ur spec.

I will never use Sky Flourish cause im not a pvorpal TR, i will continue using DF aslong as im a pbile TR.

niagh20 wrote: »
    Snow do you know what the new gears will be like in mod3 and if they will be better then the profound scoundrel set?

Maybe you have a link to what they look like?

You can hop on the preview server to check it out yourself, but i will not be using the new armor, however, i will use the new daggers, will probably not bother with the enchants either. The reason why i wont switch to the new armor is cause the 4/4 bonus has no 25% or 30% more stealth. ;p
    edited April 2014
    Thanks for the answer!

1 Set 4/4 bonus gives shield + heal if shield after a duration still up
    2 Set 4/4 bonus stacks power for a time

both are randomly triggerd
  • dronzaledronzale Member Posts: 36
    edited April 2014
    Thanks a lot for the great build and guide. would be better with a bit more explanation on rotation, strategies, screenshots and stuff like that. but hey, if someone gives you a free horse (mount), you don't check it's teeth.

I have a question. I'm playing as a wood elf and initially rolled 10 int (with 6 upgrades and campfire boost i have 17 int) constitution is 12 (with campfire 13). do you think i can play this build well with this char or i need to reroll entirely?

right now i've got 26.1% recharge speed. right now i'm using skulker and when in pvp it seems like i'm usually off by half a second-a second in my rotation and i tend to die just then. question is should i try to work for the profound set on this char or should i just reroll another TR?

also take into consideration that i would like (at some point, not now) play competitive pvp.

thanks a lot for everything!
    edited April 2014
    dronzale wrote: »
    Thanks a lot for the great build and guide. would be better with a bit more explanation on rotation, strategies, screenshots and stuff like that. but hey, if someone gives you a free horse (mount), you don't check it's teeth.

I have a question. I'm playing as a wood elf and initially rolled 10 int (with 6 upgrades and campfire boost i have 17 int) constitution is 12 (with campfire 13). do you think i can play this build well with this char or i need to reroll entirely?

right now i've got 26.1% recharge speed. right now i'm using skulker and when in pvp it seems like i'm usually off by half a second-a second in my rotation and i tend to die just then. question is should i try to work for the profound set on this char or should i just reroll another TR?

also take into consideration that i would like (at some point, not now) play competitive pvp.

thanks a lot for everything!

Reroll, especially if you want to play competitive, the rolls you have dont cut it, neither does the race. :P

I have some vids on my yt chan but i play completely different now so yea i'll upload some new stuff sooner or later, i just always forget to record matches lol.
    edited April 2014
    Reroll, especially if you want to play competitive, the rolls you have dont cut it, neither does the race. :P

I have some vids on my yt chan but i play completely different now so yea i'll upload some new stuff sooner or later, i just always forget to record matches lol.

well that's certainly NOT what i wanted to hear, lol. a specialy now that i have to start getting the boons all over again... well, i started a new halfling trickster with the rolls you suggested, hopefuly with next week's double xp it won't be too difficult to get him to 60...

anyways, thanks a lot for all the help!
    edited April 2014
    well that's certainly NOT what i wanted to hear, lol. a specialy now that i have to start getting the boons all over again... well, i started a new halfling trickster with the rolls you suggested, hopefuly with next week's double xp it won't be too difficult to get him to 60...

anyways, thanks a lot for all the help!

Yea rerolling is a pain, especially with all the boons haha. :P
    edited April 2014
    Update:

Changed feats in the executioner build.
    Changed secondary artifacts (module 3).
    Fixed some grammar mistakes.

Will start working on q&a on 4th post.
  • f2pmaf2pma Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    how much hp u get from Berserk Vitality
    edited April 2014
    f2pma wrote: »
    how much hp u get from Berserk Vitality

2.5% of your Max Hit Points as Temporary Hit Points.
  • gleichgewichtnwgleichgewichtnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Ty for this up to date build. With the XP-Event i will start such a Tr for Module 3.

But one question, how much disadvantage do i get if i chosse another race? Maybe Drow or human.
    edited April 2014
    Ty for this up to date build. With the XP-Event i will start such a Tr for Module 3.

But one question, how much disadvantage do i get if i chosse another race? Maybe Drow or human.

A big disadvantage, if you played halfling before you will notice the difference between other races.

My first TR with bad rolls was a human and the moment i rerolled to halfling the difference was huge, all cc was way shorter, especially with tenacity, and the passives from other races just dont make up for it.
  • sera1972sera1972 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hi Snow,

I created my TR based on this build and I am also running a scoundrel set up, please advise why you are switching to Executioner in M3?

Regards,

Rex
    edited April 2014
    sera1972 wrote: »
    Hi Snow,

I created my TR based on this build and I am also running a scoundrel set up, please advise why you are switching to Executioner in M3?

Regards,

Rex

I'm personally not a big fan of my scoundrel build, the damage and ap gain is nice, but i don't have nimble dodge which i just don't like playing without. Its just personal prefference.
    But its mainly cause of my new item build in M3, i however don't want to post it in my thread yet cause i'm not sure if its effective until M3.
  • dvdinvasiondvdinvasion Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I may have missed this but what dailies do you run?
    edited April 2014
    I may have missed this but what dailies do you run?

Bloodbath and Shocking Execution.

I swap one of these out for Courage Breaker or Whirlwind of Blades but only situational.
    edited May 2014
    Hey snow, can you maybe pots a screenshot of your current gears and stats?

I cant find any of your combat stats in this topic and i really wonder what it is like without Ioun stone

Or just list your power/crit/arpen/recovery/defense/deflect/regen/lifesteal and tenacity

Thanks in advance
  • gleichgewichtnwgleichgewichtnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    A big disadvantage, if you played halfling before you will notice the difference between other races.

My first TR with bad rolls was a human and the moment i rerolled to halfling the difference was huge, all cc was way shorter, especially with tenacity, and the passives from other races just dont make up for it.

I saw that your build is expensive for my time or cash. So I cant take this TR anyways. :/
  • yukiiisnowyukiiisnow Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I am using your build and its working out really good for me, a question though.

Will i notice the recharge speed loss with 6 defense slots?
    edited May 2014
    hey, I have some more questions :P

assuming i chose to go Executioner with your build... do you really think "deadly momentum" is better than "critical teamwork" ?

i mean, in order for deadly momentum to be efficient you'd need a decent crit chance, and critical teamwork gives you a very nice boost to crit chance (5%). also deadly momentum will only be good for me when i'm using DF, while critical teamwork is generally good for me.

which generates another question, are you always using DF? i mean sometimes it seems better to slot GC instead like against rangers and sometimes CW... but maybe i'm wrong...

and for the saboteur tree (in executioner build) wouldn't you say that cunning stalker is better than speed swindle? i mean the gain of 10% run speed only on a crit (in a build that doesn't focus on crit chance) seems just not as good as 20% AP gain while stealthed (in a perma build)... which would mean a lot more SE for me...

again, could be wrong about a lot of things here but would love for you to clarify some things for me... so to make it orderly, the questions are :

1. is deadly momentum better than critical teamwork ?
    2. is speed swindle better than cunning stalker ?
    3. are you always using DF as main at-will, or do you somtimes use differently?
    4. obviously SE is the main daily, but what is your second daily and when do you use it ?
    5. this build works on rotation between SS and ITC, but for 3rd encounter.. do you always use POtB or are there situations where you switch to a different encounter?

Would love some info and clarity on those subjects... again, thanks a lot for the great build :)
    edited May 2014
    1. is deadly momentum better than critical teamwork ?
    2. is speed swindle better than cunning stalker ?
    3. are you always using DF as main at-will, or do you somtimes use differently?
    4. obviously SE is the main daily, but what is your second daily and when do you use it ?
    5. this build works on rotation between SS and ITC, but for 3rd encounter.. do you always use POtB or are there situations where you switch to a different encounter?

You ask alot of good questions.

1. Personally i agree with you with that critical teamwork is better then deadly momentum. maxed out deadly momentum gives 15% crit sev. BUT critical teamwork ALWAYS gives 5% crit chance to you and multiple others. You are not a 50% crit build with this build so having critical teamwork is defenatly better.
    2. Its personal preference. You are still critting alot so in a combat situation you have 20% more run speed then your target. (+10% for you -10% for him) It also makes up for easier DF to land when you the enemy has lesser movementspeed.
    3. In pvp your at wills should be DF and CoS, some people like gloaming cut but you dont use a vorpal with this build. DF is by far superior when using a P.bile.
    4. Bloodbath should be your second daily. You will use SE most the time, however when you use PoTB from stealth (pusles faster) and then instantly bloodbath a target you get insane burst (when you only hit 1 target) SE is best for GWF/GF/DC but CW/HR have alot of dodges and you cant dodge a PoTB/bloodbath combo.(often PoTB/bloodbath will do over 60% life on PUGS)
    Also bloodbath gives you a little time to breath when you run out of stealth and have nothing to protect you.
    5. The only viable build atm is SS/ITS/PoTB. This is the best build for pvp at any level. Even if you dont use a high CON/INT build with a P.bile its still the best. So yes always use PoTB in pvp.
    edited May 2014
    niagh20 wrote: »
    You ask alot of good questions.

1. Personally i agree with you with that critical teamwork is better then deadly momentum. maxed out deadly momentum gives 15% crit sev. BUT critical teamwork ALWAYS gives 5% crit chance to you and multiple others. You are not a 50% crit build with this build so having critical teamwork is defenatly better.
    2. Its personal preference. You are still critting alot so in a combat situation you have 20% more run speed then your target. (+10% for you -10% for him) It also makes up for easier DF to land when you the enemy has lesser movementspeed.
    3. In pvp your at wills should be DF and CoS, some people like gloaming cut but you dont use a vorpal with this build. DF is by far superior when using a P.bile.
    4. Bloodbath should be your second daily. You will use SE most the time, however when you use PoTB from stealth (pusles faster) and then instantly bloodbath a target you get insane burst (when you only hit 1 target) SE is best for GWF/GF/DC but CW/HR have alot of dodges and you cant dodge a PoTB/bloodbath combo.(often PoTB/bloodbath will do over 60% life on PUGS)
    Also bloodbath gives you a little time to breath when you run out of stealth and have nothing to protect you.
    5. The only viable build atm is SS/ITS/PoTB. This is the best build for pvp at any level. Even if you dont use a high CON/INT build with a P.bile its still the best. So yes always use PoTB in pvp.

Thanks a lot for all the great information, I was hoping to get an opinion on these from the OP but your answers really enlightened me, so thanks a lot.

I'm definitely going to give that bloodbath/potb combo a try, never tried it before but i do remember seeing other rogues at it.. never accured to me to try it my self...