test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Banelorne's Stealth-Based Executioner Builds: Maximize Your TR's Solo Capabilities.

Comments

• Options
    todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I seem to have failed to mention that this build is tough to play in PVP. The learning curve is steep, but it's not impossible to dominate. It'd be better if I showed you personally. Join us in the Stealth_TR_Community channel. Details are in page 1, top portion of the page. Let's set up a 5-man TR premade. Hopefully Xyn will be able to join us and maybe Vasdamas as well. We've got a lot of brothers who have found success with this build for PVP. It takes a while to get used to.

For additional tips regarding this play style for PVP, I listed down all the necessary details in post 2 at length. There are 2 applicable skill setups for us. You'll find out more by reading that section.
  • Options
    ryanneryanne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Ryanne, it's also possible to opt to go for Berserker Rings of Respite +133 Crit/Recovery/ +110 ArP. The Thayan Zealot daggers have ArP too so it helps, and the Profound Scoundrel has a lot of ArP too which is our current goal for end-game gear. I hit my cap quite nicely, and over the cap too for PVP. I'll post a link to my paper doll later!

And as for Gloaming Cut, if you feat it with Sneaky Stabber (+10% Stealth when using Gloaming Cut), all you need to do is to hit the mob and you restore 10% of your Stealth. So basically, you extend your Stealth by spamming Gloaming Cut as the +10% Stealth will keep on piling up to the point of you being able to extend Stealth up to 20 seconds (my current maximum without the use of Shadow Strike or Bait and Switch).

The rings and blades sound pretty good, and with those I can use the offensive slots on the rings if I need them to boost up a stat! Also, thank you for clearing up how to use Gloaming Cut. I'll just have to respec my character now and I should be ready to go.

I was having a lot of trouble finding a build where I didn't have to pile on the INT stat until I found this, so thank you for the build and the help! :)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Yeah the blades are life savers. 210 ArP/Recovery, just what we needed. And it's no prob. If you have any further questions feel free to include them in another post.
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Don't want to post a thread so just gonna leave this here as there are many permastealths reading this :P

I am looking for a partner for dungeons farming. Requirements :
    1) Permastealth build
    2) At least 4 60 lvl characters
    3) Preferably Aussie time zone.

Send me a pm or just simply reply here, bumping this guide is always good :P
  • Options
    xyntrynz1axyntrynz1a Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Riccardo got robbed in F1

Vasdamas

If you join the TR chat you can ask for help when you want to run Epic Dungeons.
    We have been very successful getting groups together for PVP games, no reason why the same can't be used for your purpose.
    Scoundrel Trickster Rogue
    Leaving dead question marks everywhere
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    10153739_775208125824499_32250622_n.jpg

Guess who's pimped up with a spankin' new Profound Scoundrel Set? :D Man its been very tough. Now I can casually farm for SoT's to get 2 Profound Executioner daggers, to gain some Power and Crit. Or maybe I'll just go for the Scoundrel daggers just so I get the title.

Anyway, been quite the journey, getting this armor set.
  • Options
    abcdd1234abcdd1234 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hi im using ur alternative gloaming cut build in pvp. Still suck i only have 1.8k recovery but ill get silvery rank 7 so it will be 2.1k.
    I almost get enough seals for new pvp sets. You said go for Profound scoundrel but it doesnt have a crit stat. Is AP is that important even if u have vorpal or greater vorpal?

Wow what a timing lol
    Gratz on ur full set :D
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Hey, Abcdd1234! 1.8k Recovery is actually enough. You are at the right level for the Alternative Build. But if you want a little more room for error you can keep stacking recovery until you are comfortable with your rotations.

I'm currently retaining my Recovery to 1.8k myself because it's pretty much a sweet spot for my rotations. You can check out my current stats without the Ioun Stone using my character sheet. I'm a low GS player, not even 13k right now after I got my Profound Set, so I'm sure you can do better than I can!
  • Options
    abcdd1234abcdd1234 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hmm ok ill get scoundrel since i have enough recovery. Thx man :D
  • Options
    godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    This guy with the full PvP set already... :P Nice job. Wish the armor was a bit different though. I personally like skulkers look better, but the headgear is still kinda cool
  • Options
    xyntrynz1axyntrynz1a Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Congrats man

I am a little over a week behind you on Seals due to the fact that I have a full set of jewelry.

I am pretty happy that I have more than enough dye sets from the latest CTA to rally make our new armor look cool.
    looking forward to hearing what you think about this vs the Skulkers set
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Hehe thanks Godly and Xyn. :D

And yeah Godly I don't like how the set looks too, but as for me I particularly dislike the helmet because it makes me look like I'm some antagonist from a slasher film. Just decided to keep the looks of the boots and armor for the role-playing theme of my rogue. Now I look like a goon from Power Rangers.

And Xyn, I personally like the Skulker Set for its more balanced stat allocation for PVE. But if we can find a way to balance our stats with Profound Scoundrel using jewelry and belt without the use of high end enchants (R9 and above), we should be able to use this set for PVE as well. So far I'm using 2 Seals of the Executioner in order to make up for the loss in crit. Brought me to 43% crit rate without Skillful Infiltrator so I'm sure we can find a way to make this set viable for PVE as well.
  • Options
    wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hehe thanks Godly and Xyn. :D

And yeah Godly I don't like how the set looks too, but as for me I particularly dislike the helmet because it makes me look like I'm some antagonist from a slasher film.
    You can at least disable helmet display, the rest of it looks bad enough for me to not want to touch it at all.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    10153739_775208125824499_32250622_n.jpg

Guess who's pimped up with a spankin' new Profound Scoundrel Set? :D Man its been very tough. Now I can casually farm for SoT's to get 2 Profound Executioner daggers, to gain some Power and Crit. Or maybe I'll just go for the Scoundrel daggers just so I get the title.

Anyway, been quite the journey, getting this armor set.

Maybe you could use it to do things other than jumping into spawns? Just because other TR's do it doesn't mean it's sporting.
    Not impressed man.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    tang56 wrote: »
    Maybe you could use it to do things other than jumping into spawns? Just because other TR's do it doesn't mean it's sporting.
    Not impressed man.

Hi, Tang56. I'd like to offer my sincerest apologies. The thrill got the best of me as it was a new discovery, something that rarely happens. However I'd like to assure you that I myself did not feel very well after which, and really regret doing so. Do know that I already filed a report detailing the lack of walls in the geometry which can lead to entry to the Delzoun Spawn. The curiosity turned to thrill and things just blew out of hand during those times. I hope we can all put this behind us somehow.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    You went over sneaky
    :D
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Haha apparently I did! Oh well. It happens. :) Knowledge of the forbidden tends to entice the weak-willed like me.
  • Options
    rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Stealth_TR_Community

Is it an absolute prerequisite that I'm a stealth rogue to join here ^. I sill have stealth, no matter how infinitesimal xD. The Zone has been stereotypical against rogues lately. :(
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Absolutely not, everyone's welcome in there, Rustlord! Please join us sometime. :) We group up for PVP matches and sometimes even 5-man dungeons full of TR's though we're not as effective as 5-man CW parties. But I can assure you that everyone has a place in there.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    rustlord wrote: »
    Is it an absolute prerequisite that I'm a stealth rogue to join here ^. I sill have stealth, no matter how infinitesimal xD. The Zone has been stereotypical against rogues lately. :(

Don't worry about the zone.
    We rock and will play PVP and PVE with you.
    And
    Since alot of us are in guilds, we can fill out a party properly
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    tang56 wrote: »
    Not impressed man.
    Look, a delzouner complaining about being camped at spawn lol

Not sporting? I tell ya what you guys abuse poor Luskaners a lot so why can't they do the same you do each **** game? Besides I've already seen a couple of times YOUR ROGUES camping our campfire so oh well, fill a report and wait for it to get fixed maybe.

Not impressed either, just another Dooozooner.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I think everyone can recognize that holding one person responsible for the behavior of their entire faction is ridiculous.

But asking one person to take responsibility for their own actions, particularly when it's an individual that you feel is a stand-up guy and therefore you expected was better than that? Is actually quite reasonable.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    enjyaenjya Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    lol we can jump to spawn place? nice finally range classes wont be the only ones to have bonus frags from killing on cliffs. I aprove!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Absolutely not, everyone's welcome in there, Rustlord! Please join us sometime. :) We group up for PVP matches and sometimes even 5-man dungeons full of TR's though we're not as effective as 5-man CW parties. But I can assure you that everyone has a place in there.

I might actually try that. Never done a dungeon with an all rogue party before. I'll probably get eaten by the monsters before I get the chance to restealth, but it could be fun :P
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I think everyone can recognize that holding one person responsible for the behavior of their entire faction is ridiculous.

But asking one person to take responsibility for their own actions, particularly when it's an individual that you feel is a stand-up guy and therefore you expected was better than that? Is actually quite reasonable.
    Agreed with the second part.

As for the faction, it's not when the attitude of one side once forced someone to swap the sides in that event. So far I noticed that Delzoun are trolling/mocking the other faction way more often than the luskan does, tbh I barely even see any Luskaners swearing at Delzouns during that event.

P.S yeah, it's hard to motivate myself keep playing when there are really few things left to do :P
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Look, a delzouner complaining about being camped at spawn lol

Not sporting? I tell ya what you guys abuse poor Luskaners a lot so why can't they do the same you do each **** game? Besides I've already seen a couple of times YOUR ROGUES camping our campfire so oh well, fill a report and wait for it to get fixed maybe.

Not impressed either, just another Dooozooner.

I'm Luskan now actually, easier PvP queues. I don't condone spawn jumping on either side or in domination. I can appreciate how depressing it can be to fight on this side.

I catch a lot of Luskans going afk the moment they start to lose points and have seen the rest of the zerg actually avoid clearing a node, leaving just a few of us fighting. Still, it is what it is *shrug*.

Finally, thanks for the apology.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Lately the Luskan's have been doing well in GG PVP. I am wondering if a decent amount of people either switched guilds or had their guild switch sides.

It's pretty cool
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    xyntrynz1a wrote: »
    Lately the Luskan's have been doing well in GG PVP. I am wondering if a decent amount of people either switched guilds or had their guild switch sides.

It's pretty cool

Yeah, as far as I know some of so called "big names" like EoA and Synergy switched sides recently.
  • Options
    godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    You made it to 100. You should get an award or something for this thread...
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    One-Hundred-Page Thread in Thieves Den Award goes to... ^^

PS: There should also be a One-Thousand-Replies in a One-Hundred-Page Thread in Thieves Den Award, because this is post #995