test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Perma Stealth Feedback Discussion

Comments

• jester000jester000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited March 2014
    Nerf op desks!!!!
    Zach
    Essence of Aggression
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    sanesjka wrote: »
    The problem is not with the classes in the game.
    The problem lies between keyboard and chair.

sorry i dont use chairs, im playing in my laptop, in my bed
  • munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    No, nobody wants to play them because no matter what kind of skill you have, if you end up against a halfway-decent perma-rogue you're dead without even being able to hurt them.

Bottomline, no matter what they do, it comes down to having the ability to at least fight back. Even if you're supposed to be at a disadvantage, that's fine, but if you can't do anything at all no matter what your skill level, that's obviously broken and anyone reasonable would see that.

Problem with PvP and balance, is Cryptic actually listened to people like you....unfortunately therein lies the problem.

In your puggish mentality you cry the ocean of tears because a Control Wizard is having a difficult time beating a Perma Stealth TR (More than Likely just a TR with high Recovery btw), in a 1 vs 1 scenario.

Problem is this. Skill, class, gear, builds ALL have a tremendous amount to do with the outcome of a 1 vs 1 scenario. If you, are having a difficult time fighting a TR, then switch nodes? That's what we do in premades. We don't cry and call nerf on an ENTIRE class, because we cant seem to beat one specific TR, or GWF, or GF, or CW, or DC. We.......switch, OR.......we get back up. Its a 5 vs 5.....NOT you vs the world.

Pug Mentality ---> I cant beat /insert any class here, lets make a post on the forum or make a troll comment in /zone!

End Game PvP Mentality ---> Havin trouble at 1 with this TR, someone switch.
    GWF almost dead on 3, need some dps
    Incoming 2..need help, CW go 1

See where I'm going here?

People like you have ruined PvP for the rest of us that knew it was fine months ago, except some minor specific class abilities that needed "tweaking", and addition of a couple new PvP maps.
  • js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Oh no it will make the class in line with CWs in PVP.

Trust me, TRs love being in the spot they are at currently in PVP. Nobody wants to play CW at the highest levels in pvp.
    I know lot of people that does play cw in pvp, they are very strong as long as they are builded for pvp :)
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

• hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    js3b wrote: »
    I know lot of people that does play cw in pvp, they are very strong as long as they are builded for pvp :)

Not against a perma-rogue they aren't.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Not against a perma-rogue they aren't.

Sure they are :)

Just cast Steal Time, Icy Terrain and other AoEs and use lantern.

You'll be just fine. All you have to do is adapt and there you go, TRs will fall like flies around your CW.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    js3b wrote: »

I said playing CW at the highest levels of PVP. There are only quite a few because CW is handicapped in PVP and always loses 1v1 node duels against GWF and TR.

Against pugs, CW is really fun to play with.
  • pindaoppindaop Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    no one expects that cw beats tr 1v1.but if u are a tr everybody expects that you win any 1v1.
    so if you think tr is easy to play go ahead roll one.
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    pers3phone wrote: »
    Sure they are :)

Just cast Steal Time, Icy Terrain and other AoEs and use lantern.

You'll be just fine. All you have to do is adapt and there you go, TRs will fall like flies around your CW.

That's not true.

1st of all, enough with the lantern thing. Relying on an artifact to fight on class is rediculous. 2ndly, it doesn't even work most of the time. A rogue will just go out of range until it expires then you have nothing for 3 minutes.

2nd, AOEs like you mentioned are bad for PVP in general. If a rogue makes you change your entire skillset just to fight him, he's already won.
    edited March 2014
    pindaop wrote: »
    no one expects that cw beats tr 1v1.but if u are a tr everybody expects that you win any 1v1.
    so if you think tr is easy to play go ahead roll one.

No thanks I'd rather not play a class that relies on basically cheating to win.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I change my skillset all the time for specially pesky enemies, why do you think that 1 single skillset should be useful against all enemies?
    of course some skills will work better for some enemies than others.
    So, you much beter to claim for nerfing a class instead of actually learning how to play it and, therefore learning to play against it. Interesting.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited March 2014

oh noes, I cant kill someone they must be cheating!

Cause that is the only reason why you died......
  • williep30williep30 Member Posts: 773 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    That's not true.

1st of all, enough with the lantern thing. Relying on an artifact to fight on class is rediculous. 2ndly, it doesn't even work most of the time. A rogue will just go out of range until it expires then you have nothing for 3 minutes.

2nd, AOEs like you mentioned are bad for PVP in general. If a rogue makes you change your entire skillset just to fight him, he's already won.

^I know, right?

1)like you said, the lantern's pointless. Even if you get it to legendary, a 6 second, might see rogue if he/she's in range, small damage aoe with a 2 minute cooldown is NOT going to cut it.

2)The AoEs mentioned are not that useful in pvp either. Steal Time leaves you too vulnerable and takes too long. Icy Terrain is pointless because in mastery slot, you need to know where they are, and if not in slot, they can just range you. The only AoEs I put any factor into is Singularity and Oppressive Force, but those are dailies. A skilled rogue can basically see what youre doing(theyre both choreographed), and dodge out of/into the AoE, making it useless.

Not complaining about Perma Stealth, just debunking the so called "defenses" that I constantly see to face them.
    I hear "learn to play" all the time, but it seems to me that it should be defined as "my class is balanced, except when others beat it, then THAT class is OP"...
  • nypheriumnypherium Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Premades of any size (even 2) should not be mixed with pugs. Its not fun and games should be about fun foremost.

I have more fun with my mate than alone. We know how to mix and match our classes and get back at people. We don't unbalance the game because there's only two of us and we're not noobs with Vorpal.

Preach against Vorpal in <60 PvP. So many people have it and are idiots at their class, but win because they can hot 6k with a TR @ 39 in PvP.
    edited March 2014
    I said playing CW at the highest levels of PVP. There are only quite a few because CW is handicapped in PVP and always loses 1v1 node duels against GWF and TR.

Against pugs, CW is really fun to play with.

I don't consider CWs handicapped in PVP. They just rely on their team more, like an HR(although not as much as an HR).
    I hear "learn to play" all the time, but it seems to me that it should be defined as "my class is balanced, except when others beat it, then THAT class is OP"...
    edited March 2014
    So much QQ about Rogues....

and None about GWF's having super high survivability with One rotation kills..
    Noone pleading the case of the poor DC...
    Not a whisper about HR's chain CC + One Rotation kills
    Not a peep about jumping messing with dodge mechanics...

Sorry, youre missing the point. This is a Perma Stealth discussion. Please look for threads about gwf/dc/hr/cw/gf pvp complaints. Theres already quite a bit of them too.

it's not good enough you have a Lantern to see the TR, but now you all cry more on how you want Stealth driven into the ground.

And I already explained the lantern bs. Having to devote an artifact just for seeing a class for 6 seconds is a bs defense that youre qq'ing about.

Im already certain youre mad about the GWF's OPness in PVP...
    None about GWF's having super high survivability with One rotation kills.."
    So youre being pretty hypocritical by jumping people's case about talking/qq'ing about TR's Perma Stealth here.
  • ekomeekome Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    well, CWs are really seeked for pve content "the more CWs the better" while TRs are in most cases neglected.

And here we have some CWs complaing about PVP and some perma stealth TRs (note not all TRs are like that)

it evens out, kind of.

Some character more suited for pve, other more for pvp, sometimes both (points at GWFs)
    edited March 2014
    akemnos wrote: »
    oh noes, I cant kill someone they must be cheating!

Cause that is the only reason why you died......

More like I can't even ATTACK someone.

Yeah, it's basically cheating if someone can kill you and you can't even attack them, let alone see them, most of the fight, and when you can see them they're invincible.

Anybody reasonable would agree.
    edited March 2014
    ekome wrote: »
    well, CWs are really seeked for pve content "the more CWs the better" while TRs are in most cases neglected.

And here we have some CWs complaing about PVP and some perma stealth TRs (note not all TRs are like that)

it evens out, kind of.

Some character more suited for pve, other more for pvp, sometimes both (points at GWFs)

The fact that TRs suck in PVE shouldn't be considered a reason they should be able to ruin any fun that can be had in PVP.

They should be made viable for PVE and made fightable in PVP.
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    More like I can't even ATTACK someone.

Yeah, it's basically cheating if someone can kill you and you can't even attack them, let alone see them, most of the fight, and when you can see them they're invincible.

Anybody reasonable would agree.
    Wrong.

Using class features and powers that are working as (currently) intended cannot possibly be considered 'cheating' by any rational human being. TBH it just sounds childish and petulant.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
    edited March 2014
    Wrong.

Using class features and powers that are working as (currently) intended cannot possibly be considered 'cheating' by any rational human being. TBH it just sounds childish and petulant.

So you think it's reasonable to have a class you can't attack or see and when you can they're invincible.

Obviously, you like to have unfair advantages or maybe need them to play games, but I know I would feel like I was cheating if I was winning games because I played a perma-rogue.
  • slushlikewindslushlikewind Member Posts: 272 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    So you think it's reasonable to have a class you can't attack or see and when you can they're invincible.

Obviously, you like to have unfair advantages or maybe need them to play games, but I know I would feel like I was cheating if I was winning games because I played a perma-rogue.

Clearly you don't know HOW to fight a TR.

If TR are as good as you imagine to be, aka INVINCIBLE. Everyone in PVP will be rolling a TR.
    edited March 2014
    That's not true.

This hurts my feelings as a CW :(

I thought another CW would actually understand my post, maybe read it again? ;)

Let me reiterate:

- lantern is awesome! 100% guaranteed chance of revealing, damaging AND debuffing the TR! It's basically GG the moment you pop it - you can see the TRs running scared in all directions :) Pretty much press button to win!
    - those AoEs are awesome in PvP! Only n0ob CWs don't use them on TRs. Just pop Icy Terrain and Steal Time and the TR is at half health and freaking out. All you have to do from here on is throw in some at wills and TR gonna be as dead as they get

I hope you understand now, yes?
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The fact that TRs suck in PVE shouldn't be considered a reason they should be able to ruin any fun that can be had in PVP.

They should be made viable for PVE and made fightable in PVP.

Very true, but the way stealth is currently designed in Neverwinter is extremely badly thought out for PvP.

While in stealth TRs have huge advantages, while outside it they are very vulnerable. It is this dichotomy which makes balancing the class extremely difficult.
    edited March 2014
    pers3phone wrote: »
    This hurts my feelings as a CW :(

I thought another CW would actually understand my post, maybe read it again? ;)

Let me reiterate:

- lantern is awesome! 100% guaranteed chance of revealing, damaging AND debuffing the TR! It's basically GG the moment you pop it - you can see the TRs running scared in all directions :) Pretty much press button to win!
    - those AoEs are awesome in PvP! Only n0ob CWs don't use them on TRs. Just pop Icy Terrain and Steal Time and the TR is at half health and freaking out. All you have to do from here on is throw in some at wills and TR gonna be as dead as they get

I hope you understand now, yes?

Im sorry, but didn't you argue forever ago that every cw HAS to run shard, icy rays, entangling force?! pretty sure you just contradicted what you told others in past forums...
    edited March 2014
    Clearly you don't know HOW to fight a TR.

If TR are as good as you imagine to be, aka INVINCIBLE. Everyone in PVP will be rolling a TR.

There is no way for a CW to fight a halfway decent perma-rogue. You can't see them, and when you can they just pop ITC and you can't hurt them.

I've done plenty of research and played against plenty of perma-rogues. It's well known that there CWs and to a lesser degree all classes have little to no chance against permas.

Lot's of people in PVP ARE rolling perma-TRs. I'm not because like I said I'd feel like I was cheating if someone wasn't able to fight back against me.
    edited March 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Very true, but the way stealth is currently designed in Neverwinter is extremely badly thought out for PvP.

While in stealth TRs have huge advantages, while outside it they are very vulnerable. It is this dichotomy which makes balancing the class extremely difficult.

The thing is with ITC they can be invulnerable outside of stealth as well. It's not bad enough to have a class that can stealth almost forever, has range abilities but is a melee class, has the highest damage burst daily in pvp, and moves faster in stealth. They also have a built in invulnerability.

It's probably the worst balanced class in the history of MMORPGs.
    edited March 2014
    williep30 wrote: »
    Im sorry, but didn't you argue forever ago that every cw HAS to run shard, icy rays, entangling force?! pretty sure you just contradicted what you told others in past forums...

Nope these are bad nowadays, let the past stay in the past.

Steal Time+Icy Terrain BiS for permas, you can contest points 1vs1 no issues, TRs would avoid CWs with these spells+lantern slotted, even the full r10 guys.

Path of the Blade barely tickles, you can stay in it no issues whatsoever.
    Duelist Flurry no issues, looks silly, damage is bad, CW is safe.
    Shadow Strike? Pfft. So what if it replenishes stealth? No TR is safe from CW AoEs... ever
    Bait and Switch? Kill every dummy you see! Nothing should stay "alive"
    Tenacious Concealment? The CW AoE damage from Steal Time and Icy Terrain so great, this class feat is useless
    Shocking Execution? Barely tickles. Mostly there for the lulz, just take it like a man (since you cannot do anything else) and laugh at the minuscule damage
    Bloodbath? Irrelevant daily. TR does some stuff around the area, nobody cares
    Impossible to Catch? So what, class is already weak and nobody wants to play it. Give them some deflect and immunity. Actually, I'd buff this encounter further.

That's about it I suppose.
  • ipwnu1ipwnu1 Member Posts: 89
    edited March 2014
    Jump around pop ITC jump around more while invulnerable, then Skillful Execution 26k crit(when my CW has 80% HP still) clearly nothing is broken and everything is working as intended rogtars were just meant to be that way.
  • lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I have a TR and am ok with them nerfing the perma build as long as they do it correctly. IE not just a general stealth nerf as that will affect every TR.
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"