test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Banelorne's Stealth-Based Executioner Builds: Maximize Your TR's Solo Capabilities.

Comments

• Options
    xyntrynz1axyntrynz1a Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I have a P.Vorpal and a P.Bilethorn
    :)

Is the Elven Battle Enchantment working in PvP now?
    It was really good in PVE but seemed to do nothing in PvP
    Scoundrel Trickster Rogue
    Leaving dead question marks everywhere
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Word on the street is that Perfect Elven Battle is broken, Greater is fine.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    xyntrynz1axyntrynz1a Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Interesting.

I sold a perfect to get the moola for a Soul Forged.

So maybe a Greater the way to go in PvP
  • Options
    todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yeah. I'm considering selling an N. Vorp to get the resources to upgrade my Normal Elven Battle to Greater Elven Battle. So far its proven pretty effective against stuff that slow me down and immobilizes. I noticed a difference with my ability to recover from such CC, and it should be made more significant with a Greater.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I think I am going to sell my Bilethorn.
    I barely use it and my style, even post patch seems to work with the Vorpal.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I guess you should. You may wish to trade it for another P. Vorp. Vasdamas managed to snag a P. Vorp from a rogue who has one which is neat, never thought someone would actually trade a P. Bile for a P. Vorp which is far more useful since it has uses in PVE as well.

And I'll be able to get my Profound Scoundrel chest piece or Boots + Gloves tomorrow after I finish a PVPV and GG PVP. Currently sitting at 9 SoT's. Can't wait to earn my first piece! My Glory is dying to be used as it's currently at 49.3k. :p
  • Options
    cletusmcgregorcletusmcgregor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hi,

I'm using your build and I'm having much fun so far.

But a little question, what companions do you recomend me to use as active but unsummoned companions?

Thanks, and sorry if you answered before.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    We don't have much companions we could use right now for their Active Companion Bonus, cletusmcgregor. But if I had to suggest some, it'd be Ioun Stone of Might for its additional Stamina Regen, Pseudodragon, and Lightfoot Theif. But the Lightfoot Theif is very rare and can only be received from Sword Coast Adventures or by buying them at insane prices.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Isn't Blink Dog a combat advantage buff? If so that would be useful.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Everything I've read about the Pseudodragon indicates that the bonus is so miniscule as to go unnoticed, certainly not worth the high price tag (and I even have one, but only because I love it).

I have blink dogs on a couple of my TRs. One advantage there is that they're pretty affordable. They also work with pretty much any TR build. Yes, it's a buff to combat advantage damage.

I'll put in a good word for the Leprechaun. His passive is AoE damage resistance, which I find useful for those moments when you just can't dodge everything. And it's a dancing, capering, shadowboxing Leprechaun. I also see they've just been put on sale.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    enjyaenjya Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I have tested blinkdog and didnt see any difference on lvl 30 so this 5% doesnt work like i thought.
    I also have Fire Archon and its 5% dmg works good but only for last 30% of mob.
    Dancing blade is also good with its 5% crit severity on lvl 30.
    i would like to test lightfoot thief since i heard the bleed effect stacks and aranea but those are very expensive pets :P even thou i did SCA like 300 times but still no lightfoot.
    Also those are dps pets since i dont need more survival.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I have a blink dog and have auctioned off 4 of them for 45,000 AD each time.

I don't know why, but I have had a good run of getting them from Celedaine

My Summoned Companion is a Stone of Might
    My 4 active non summoned companions are
    Blink Dog
    Orc Wolf
    Phoera
    Sprite
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Most of the stuff we have right now from our list of pets just ain't gonna cut it for us. :\ I tend to look at things based on cost and benefit. If the benefit is not that apparent for its cost I usually do not bother.

Most, if not all pets right now are useless for TR's in terms of cost and benefit.

Oh and I almost forgot. Got the first 2 pieces of my Profound Scoundrel set. :D 1 more week and I'll have the chest and gloves to complete my armor set.

1013838_770593712952607_1064861665_n.jpg
  • Options
    ratharimratharim Member Posts: 65
    edited March 2014
    ****, you're fast. I'm sitting at 5 seals only :D
    Ratharel - stealthy backstabber from the Myth Drannor
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I spent 6 seals already and have 1 from today.

I have decided after number crunching and listening to people smarter than me that I will go with the Scoundrel set.
    Makes sense since I am a scoundrel anyway.
    :D
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Hehe yeah, Rath. That's 10 Seals down the drain. I joined Vasdamas' guild, Bebilith Bait, in order to get more chances to PVP in Gauntlgrym. So in 8 days, if I farm 2 SoT's religiously, I'll be able to get the entire set. Can't wait. The 30% increase in Stealth I experienced in the Preview Shard is VERY noticeable. Enjoyed it a lot. :)

And Xyn, that's true. The other sets have stat combinations that does not have much use aside from the Scoundrel set which has ArP. Would save us a lot on Dark Enchants, and we can reach our ArP caps easily using gear that provide ArP. It has pretty good returns too since it doesn't have DR as early as most other stats. Executioner would also be good if Recovery was hard to come by, but our Recovery goals are so low that we can just stack cheap Silveries in order to get our Recovery needs.
  • Options
    lordmaxxielordmaxxie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Do we want to aim for profound scoundrel in terms of gear progression?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Yes we do! And for the PVP feats (since I saw your post before you edited it) you may want to try out the one in the one in the Alternative Build. Though I will eventually be switching Cunning Stalker for Speed Swindle after I respec. But it's a play style thing so if you want more AP go for Cunning Stalker. If you want to make your opponents easier to hit with Gloaming Cut, go for Speed Swindle and you can slow them down.
  • Options
    ryanneryanne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I have a question about this build. My rogue character started with the stats:

- 13 STR
    - 11 CON
    - 20 DEX
    - 9 INT
    - 11 WIS
    - 13 CHA

Is it possible for me to use this build if I get a respec token? D:
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Yes

Just use the original non Int Build.
    To increase your recovery/recharge speed you will just need to slot 1-2 more Silvery enchants in offense slots.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    xyntrynz1a wrote: »
    Yes

Just use the original non Int Build.
    To increase your recovery/recharge speed you will just need to slot 1-2 more Silvery enchants in offense slots.

Thanks for the reply!

Is there a number I should be going for like 10% recharge speed or should I aim a bit higher like 20%?
    Can I reach it by enchantments alone or do I have to leave a few points in INT (because my base is a really low 9)?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Hey, Ryanne. My apologies for the late reply. You can use the original build like Xyn said. In order to make things connect more seamlessly, you'll want at least 25% RSI (Recharge Speed Increase). In order to do it with your base attribute allocation, you may want to pump 6 points to DEX + INT. The advantage your ability roll has is that you have VERY high DEX, this can lead you to critting more often. By stacking 6 points to your INT on the other hand you'll get an extra 5% raw RSI. Luckily, getting the final 20% additional Recovery will be easy because all you need is 2540 Recovery, and this will be achievable by getting Silvery Enchantments and gear with lots of Recovery in it.

Try to get the Thayan Zealot blades from Dread Ring. You can get the Main Hand from Phantasmal Fortress and the Off-hand from the Dread Ring Store. The Zealot blades have 210 raw ArPen and Recovery. So if you slot the set, that's a whopping 420. Add in maybe Rank 7 Silvery Enchants (VERY cheap enchants, not too many people like them and would usually cost 30k - 40k) in all your offense slots and you'll get even more.

Try this gear setup I'll be suggesting.

Main-Hand + Off-Hand: Thayan Zealot = 420
    Occult Ring of Respite x 2 = 486
    Occult Amulet of Respite + Occult Belt of Respite = 486
    Offense Slots x 7 = Silvery Enchants x 7 = 185 * 7

Total: 2687.

One of the easiest setups you can do to achieve the RSI to make the build more comfortable to use. 2687 is well above the needed cap, and you can also opt to use Rank 6 Silvery Enchants and the build will still work while losing only around 1% RSI which is a negligible amount.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy the play style.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Hey, Ryanne. My apologies for the late reply. You can use the original build like Xyn said. In order to make things connect more seamlessly, you'll want at least 25% RSI (Recharge Speed Increase). In order to do it with your base attribute allocation, you may want to pump 6 points to DEX + INT. The advantage your ability roll has is that you have VERY high DEX, this can lead you to critting more often. By stacking 6 points to your INT on the other hand you'll get an extra 5% raw RSI. Luckily, getting the final 20% additional Recovery will be easy because all you need is 2540 Recovery, and this will be achievable by getting Silvery Enchantments and gear with lots of Recovery in it.

Try to get the Thayan Zealot blades from Dread Ring. You can get the Main Hand from Phantasmal Fortress and the Off-hand from the Dread Ring Store. The Zealot blades have 210 raw ArPen and Recovery. So if you slot the set, that's a whopping 420. Add in maybe Rank 7 Silvery Enchants (VERY cheap enchants, not too many people like them and would usually cost 30k - 40k) in all your offense slots and you'll get even more.

Try this gear setup I'll be suggesting.

Main-Hand + Off-Hand: Thayan Zealot = 420
    Occult Ring of Respite x 2 = 486
    Occult Amulet of Respite + Occult Belt of Respite = 486
    Offense Slots x 7 = Silvery Enchants x 7 = 185 * 7

Total: 2687.

One of the easiest setups you can do to achieve the RSI to make the build more comfortable to use. 2687 is well above the needed cap, and you can also opt to use Rank 6 Silvery Enchants and the build will still work while losing only around 1% RSI which is a negligible amount.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy the play style.

Ah okay, I was afraid I may not have enough RSI if I continued with my current rogue, but thankfully that's not the case! :)

This helps a bunch, and my critical chance will still be a nice 48% if I used the blades you suggested! My only concern right now is having to use all my offense slots on recovery, so hopefully I will be able to keep my current stats (including my crit and ArPen especially) while still achieving the needed RSI.

One more question about the build:
    Gloaming cut. It restores stealth if you kill the target with it... And since I hope to perhaps solo a few epic dungeons with this perma-stealth build, how can I use it effectively? As of now, it takes me a bit (and trash mobs die too quick) to kill off a single mob, so I'm not sure if I can land the gloaming cut to restore my stealth before I get dog piled. Is gloaming cut necessary to keep the stealth up, or can I survive on just Shadow Strike and Bait and Switch with the RSI you stated?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Ryanne, it's also possible to opt to go for Berserker Rings of Respite +133 Crit/Recovery/ +110 ArP. The Thayan Zealot daggers have ArP too so it helps, and the Profound Scoundrel has a lot of ArP too which is our current goal for end-game gear. I hit my cap quite nicely, and over the cap too for PVP. I'll post a link to my paper doll later!

And as for Gloaming Cut, if you feat it with Sneaky Stabber (+10% Stealth when using Gloaming Cut), all you need to do is to hit the mob and you restore 10% of your Stealth. So basically, you extend your Stealth by spamming Gloaming Cut as the +10% Stealth will keep on piling up to the point of you being able to extend Stealth up to 20 seconds (my current maximum without the use of Shadow Strike or Bait and Switch).
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    What about the Skulkers set. Would it be better trading it in for the "Scoundrel's Grim Armor" as it have tenacity?
    Also those rings don't have any recovery:
    969740_640387325973247_1385048792_n.jpg

The Pegasus seal ones are Ring of Preservation, with +407 regen.

Keep in mind, I'm going for a pure PvP build.

There's also the Hrimnir set with +60 most stats and a 3 set bonus (rings, amulet) +600 maximum HP and +60 movement.

Edit:
    So what exactly do I want to go for?

Also, what armor enchant? Since you didn't specify any, I went with soulforge.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I personally think the Skulker set is better than the Grim set.
    I'd recommend grinding your way through PvP until you can earn a set of Profound gear and use the Skulker until then.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    lordmaxxie wrote: »
    What about the Skulkers set. Would it be better trading it in for the "Scoundrel's Grim Armor" as it have tenacity?
    Also those rings don't have any recovery:
    969740_640387325973247_1385048792_n.jpg

The Pegasus seal ones are Ring of Preservation, with +407 regen.

Keep in mind, I'm going for a pure PvP build.

There's also the Hrimnir set with +60 most stats and a 3 set bonus (rings, amulet) +600 maximum HP and +60 movement.

Edit:
    So what exactly do I want to go for?

Also, what armor enchant? Since you didn't specify any, I went with soulforge.

Nope. Profound Scoundrel is the only thing we should settle for. Grim Scoundrel is nice but we'll eventually replace them with a Profound Scoundrel so there's not much reason to bother with it unless you wish to buy a set before Profound Scoundrel. But the time, Glory and Seals you could have used to buy the Grim Scoundrel could have been used to make the process of getting Profound Scoundrel faster. I will choose Skulkers over Grim Scoundrel any day as well.

And yep, those rings do not have Recovery. Those are for Build 1, the original version that doesn't need INT. If you want to PVP, you'll want Build 2 (Alternative Build, Post 5) It's also possible for people to just slot rings with Recovery. Anything pretty much goes for Build 1. As long as you get the needed feats and skills, it's good to go. It's a "do what you want" sort of build.

Hrimnir set is terrible. Do not make the mistake of investing for those things if you plan to PVP. I'm not sure how much they cost nowadays but they are a waste of AD's.

For armor enchant you can use what you want, really. Soulforged is good enough. I'm using Elven Battle but it's not BIS for PVP. I just like it for the looks and I'm not using it for its benefits. I rarely die, and I think Soulforged is overkill. I believe that any Stealth-based Rogues should gracefully die in PVP if they see it coming their way, because the only times we die is when we have been outplayed, outnumbered, or out-geared. There should be no escaping those deaths, but it's a choice. People can slot SF if they want. I've got no qualms with that.

More than a build, this guide offers an alternative play style. Feel free to explore, it's quite flexible. :)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Nope. Profound Scoundrel is the only thing we should settle for. Grim Scoundrel is nice but we'll eventually replace them with a Profound Scoundrel so there's not much reason to bother with it unless you wish to buy a set before Profound Scoundrel. But the time, Glory and Seals you could have used to buy the Grim Scoundrel could have been used to make the process of getting Profound Scoundrel faster. I will choose Skulkers over Grim Scoundrel any day as well.

And yep, those rings do not have Recovery. Those are for Build 1, the original version that doesn't need INT. If you want to PVP, you'll want Build 2 (Alternative Build, Post 5) It's also possible for people to just slot rings with Recovery. Anything pretty much goes for Build 1. As long as you get the needed feats and skills, it's good to go. It's a "do what you want" sort of build.

Hrimnir set is terrible. Do not make the mistake of investing for those things if you plan to PVP. I'm not sure how much they cost nowadays but they are a waste of AD's.

For armor enchant you can use what you want, really. Soulforged is good enough. I'm using Elven Battle but it's not BIS for PVP. I just like it for the looks and I'm not using it for its benefits. I rarely die, and I think Soulforged is overkill. I believe that any Stealth-based Rogues should gracefully die in PVP if they see it coming their way, because the only times we die is when we have been outplayed, outnumbered, or out-geared. There should be no escaping those deaths, but it's a choice. People can slot SF if they want. I've got no qualms with that.

More than a build, this guide offers an alternative play style. Feel free to explore, it's quite flexible. :)

Final question (thanks thus far), the alternative build uses the same feats and powers as the others, right?
    The only difference is the power bar, and attributes, correct?

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Yep, Base Attributes (20 INT is a must) are the only thing that's different but the feats are pretty much the same! Just to be sure, let me post this feats/skills setup for you. It's optimized for PVP.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Seeing as I didn't just roll a TR, I went as close to the Attributes as possible.
    Is it me or is it a very weak build? I find it extremely weak, and die in a matter of seconds. 1 on 1 fights are impossible, and while gloaming cut does refill stealth, it just isn't viable IMO.

My powers - bait and switch, shadow strike, lashing blade.
    At-wills, switching between gloaming cut, sky flourish, duellists flurry. And cloud of steel. (Stayed with the first three, through 3 different matches in PvP. I found duellists to be best)
    Dailies - shocking execution, lurker's assault.
    Class features - sneak attack, skilful infiltrator.

Attributes 2014-03-17_19-44-37.png

Maybe I'm missing something. Tips appreciated.