test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Known Issues: BoE and BoP items as well as long PvP queue time

Comments

• iuliandreiiuliandrei Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 143 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    This can't be fixed without a rollback

I'm pretty sure it can.
    Pushing out such a big update with a blatant bug like this is really making me lose my faith in this game...

Your fault for having faith in the first place :)
  • xen1912xen1912 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    iuliandrei wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it can.

Your fault for having faith in the first place :)

they have also said that it cant be fixed even with a rollback. so it doesnt really matter. mainly because of the problems.

• azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    xen1912 wrote: »
    they have also said that it cant be fixed even with a rollback. so it doesnt really matter. mainly because of the problems.

Where did they say that if you don't mind me asking?
    Artificer.jpg
  • wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I've woke up in the middle of the night and played for hours until morning (my time zone).

I am in support of a rollback. (if there is a need to)
  • vikingbradvikingbrad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The choice would be

Most likely
    rollback before patch landed - fix everything but lose how ever many hours have passed

Better option
    Remove all Ioun Stones of Radiance from inventories
    Toons with them equipped get to keep them, for Cyptic owners may pay to upgrade to blue
    If not equipped legit owners can reclaim BoP version
    Selectively ban/penalise traders
    Ricky Gervatheist Lvl 60 DC on Dragon Server
    Looking for a guild for PvE Dungeons to suit AEST evenings
    edited March 2014
    They just posted on twitter that developers working on fix

Announcement to be made soon

They also strongly suggest not selling them

Not sure if that implies penalty/ban for sellers
  • devaneiodevaneio Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    zyphxx wrote: »
    I aree, bug not exploit. At most all the stones that are still green should be deleted.
    Yay for deleting also enchant sand rings in these stones.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Going to remind the posters of something: http://www.arcgames.com/en/about/terms Section 15.3
    We may take any actions and impose any penalties we deem necessary to discourage and punish any violation of these terms or any other illegal or inappropriate conduct, all without prior notice or warning. The determination as to whether a violation has occurred and who is responsible for such act is solely within our discretion, and is based on what we deem best for the community and the Service. By using the Service, you agree you will be bound by our determination as to whether a violation has occurred and any penalty we choose to implement.

Bottom line is, PWE decides what is the final outcome. Does that mean that a rollback isn't on the table? No. However, it DOES mean that PWE has the right to say "okay, maybe a rollback isn't in the best interests of the community..." Whether you believe that is the appropriate course of action, no matter how much you scream or demand for it, the long and short of the story is that it is PWE staff that makes that call.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
    edited March 2014
    devaneio wrote: »

Don't think they will delete equipped stones due to enchants/experience and being obtained legimately earlier

But definitely non-equipped in inventories or mailboxes as they will be the bug ones. Legit owners can always reclaim BoP if required.
  • siestrionsiestrion Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't really care about the Stone. Frankly, it was a $10 promotion. That's lunch money for me. It's the unbound gear that suddenly became bound that bothers me. Given how their customer support butchered returning lost assets, back when that bug was around, I don't believe they have the logs to fix this issue.
    edited March 2014
    Large difference in the people giving them away to those who didnt have them, and those trying to sell them in PE.

Its a bug, its not an exploit, its a BOE item. Just like all the PVP sets i bought last week saving for this, are now BOP.

Its complete <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>

I got caught with the PvP sets being BoE and then changed.

Bought a GF PVP T2 armor for 70K and see they are now going for 500K, woohoo pay day!

Retrieved from email, went to list on auction house and its Bound Character! Arggh!

Don't think it would have helped if I had in inventory, should have retrieved on my GF, can't even transfer because BtoC and not BtoA!

ps update see the cheapest is now 730K, should have posted to AH before patch :(
    If they rollback at least should be able to retrieve from email on GF
  • azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Going to remind the posters of something: http://www.arcgames.com/en/about/terms Section 15.3

Bottom line is, PWE decides what is the final outcome. Does that mean that a rollback isn't on the table? No. However, it DOES mean that PWE has the right to say "okay, maybe a rollback isn't in the best interests of the community..." Whether you believe that is the appropriate course of action, no matter how much you scream or demand for it, the long and short of the story is that it is PWE staff that makes that call.

Thanks for clarifying, Mr Dragon! :)
    Artificer.jpg
  • iuliandreiiuliandrei Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 143 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    devaneio wrote: »

There's already a script to make companions unequip items when they move to idle, how hard do you think it would be to make them unequip enchants aswell before deleting them.
    Still depending on how they are ID (if they can tag only green) maybe they can make them really <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> so people can keep them as a token to remember this day like we have our caturday cloaks. The stone can be remade with another ID and available to the redeem vendor.
    edited March 2014
    iuliandrei wrote: »
    There's already a script to make companions unequip items when they move to idle, how hard do you think it would be to make them unequip enchants aswell before deleting them.
    Still depending on how they are ID (if they can tag only green) maybe they can make them really <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> so people can keep them as a token to remember this day like we have our caturday cloaks. The stone can be remade with another ID and available to the redeem vendor.

Convert existing stones to a grey version capped at level 10, and legit players reclaim a new one?
  • ucanthandleucanthandle Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Guessing as to what they are going to do is no help to the people that play this game. Word from people in authority would be much better. These bugs have been out for several hours. They said the downtime could have taken longer than expected. I would have rather them take the servers down and say there is a problem. Having one moderator with communication with the player base would do wonders and people would be more accepting to whatever the outcome is.
  • nlassasinnlassasin Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    vikingbrad wrote: »
    The choice would be

Most likely
    rollback before patch landed - fix everything but lose how ever many hours have passed

Better option
    Remove all Ioun Stones of Radiance from inventories
    Toons with them equipped get to keep them, for Cyptic owners may pay to upgrade to blue
    If not equipped legit owners can reclaim BoP version
    Selectively ban/penalise traders

Hahahahahah you guys just wanna profit ;) So funny
  • battiermossbattiermoss Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    heh i dropped my gaunt quests and pvp quest from yesterday just in case they wouldn't give me the new rewards. can't grab new ones until dailies refresh :(:(:(
  • zankardzankard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    What about legit stones that are already epic and geared. What about the money gains exploiters made by selling those stones. What about the money people paid without knowing this is a bug. How can this be fixed without a rollback? This is already destroying part of the economy of the game, and is immediately undervaluing *all* of the other stones. I mean who would buy one of the others now? Also makes people that spent money to get that stone on that promotion feel like suckers. I'm almost starting to believe this is a well laid out show just everyone now has the new stone and potentially will upgrade it which means more cash. Not cool man, not cool.

And finally, why are we bashed for sharing our concerns? I know the TOS, I can read, thank you. I won't sue anyone for not doing what I ask them to, but I *will* say my opinion on the matter.
    edited March 2014
    nlassasin wrote: »
    Hahahahahah you guys just wanna profit ;) So funny
    Let's just say they want compensation for a minor inconvenience. Give everyone a 'Stoner' title and a cloak with a rock on it.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    zankard wrote: »

And finally, why are we bashed for sharing our concerns? I know the TOS, I can read, thank you. I won't sue anyone for not doing what I ask them to, but I *will* say my opinion on the matter.

No one is bashing anyone for their concerns. It's been the same as it always has been from day one: It isn't so much what you say as how you present it that matters.

That doesn't mean your feedback need be all sunshine and rainbows. However, there is a world of difference between "I don't like this and here's why" and "this sucks and whoever made this should be dragged into the street and shot" or other rage-filled vitriol. All we ask is that you think with a clear head before you hit that "reply" or "new thread" button. Posting is something that doesn't have to be done on impulse thinking.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
    edited March 2014
    What about legit stones that are already epic and geared. What about the money gains exploiters made by selling those stones. What about the money people paid without knowing this is a bug. How can this be fixed without a rollback? This is already destroying part of the economy of the game, and is immediately undervaluing *all* of the other stones. I mean who would buy one of the others now? Also makes people that spent money to get that stone on that promotion feel like suckers. I'm almost starting to believe this is a well laid out show just everyone now has the new stone and potentially will upgrade it which means more cash. Not cool man, not cool.

As I said earlier, I suspect that if they let people keep the new stones, the original people that took part in the promotion will get something as compensation.
    Artificer.jpg
    edited March 2014
    Personally I've only said i think a rollback is the only possible fix. I know my opinion won't matter, I've come to realize this in the 8 months I've been playing this game, but I guess people want to be heard somehow.
    edited March 2014
    Personally I've only said i think a rollback is the only possible fix. I know my opinion won't matter, I've come to realize this in the 8 months I've been playing this game, but I guess people want to be heard somehow.

It's no different from any other MMO, there's not a single one on the market that lets players decide bussiness decisions for them.
    Artificer.jpg
  • capnrogerscapnrogers Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    azahron wrote: »
    As I said earlier, I suspect that if they let people keep the new stones, the original people that took part in the promotion will get something as compensation.

The original people who took part in the promotion are the ones exploiting and bulk selling, reward them more?

Imo remove all stones from the game, any enchants / gear in the them should be dropped back to the backpacks.

Legitimate owners can go back and get a new one. If they had an upgraded one they may need to raise a ticket.

The problem is removing the proceeds the exploiters made by selling without a rollback...

Perma ban anyone who sold a bunch of these, they'd know they were exploiting.
    edited March 2014
    azahron wrote: »
    It's no different from any other MMO, there's not a single one on the market that lets players decide bussiness decisions for them.

I think I would be naive if I thought anyone would let me "decide" business decisions for their company. On the other hand, I would expect them to value my opinions as a customer, since the customer is the one that makes them money.
  • sidentisidenti Banned Users Posts: 48
    edited March 2014
    No one is bashing anyone for their concerns. It's been the same as it always has been from day one: It isn't so much what you say as how you present it that matters.

That doesn't mean your feedback need be all sunshine and rainbows. However, there is a world of difference between "I don't like this and here's why" and "this sucks and whoever made this should be dragged into the street and shot" or other rage-filled vitriol. All we ask is that you think with a clear head before you hit that "reply" or "new thread" button. Posting is something that doesn't have to be done on impulse thinking.

Tu quoque, sir. Respectfully submitted, of course.

We understand you're frustrated too. Being the front-line reps for a company that is, quite apparently, dragging its feet on an unknown fix that can potentially affect unknown people is tiring. Especially when you either have no new information or aren't allowed to yet post it. Whatever the case may be.

HOWEVER. It's starting to feel a little bit like you guys are going to war with us. That's probably not the case; it's probably just frustration all around. But still. We are paying customers and we just want to know what's going on.

It's also rather frustrating to have comments that are even the SLIGHTEST bit negative removed. I realize enforcing a ToS is a oft-delicate and woefully underpaying experience. So no. The feedback will not be all "sunshine and rainbows". I'm glad you can accept that. We can accept being moderated fairly as well.

Frankly, I think you should lock this down to mod/admin only and just let us know. The only thing you're going to get from here on out is more frustration that is, quite understandably, frustrating the CSR staff as well.

Just remember we pay to keep the lights on and we deserve respect. That's all. I don't think it's too much to ask, and as it is painfully clear I haven't violated the Terms of Service in saying so, I expect I'll have a post on the topic stay UP for a change. ;-) -bp
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited March 2014
    Last time there was a major game wide item exploit the devs just called the cheaters lucky and didn't seem to care. Dungeons go months unfixed and exploiters farm them without suffering any recourse. Exploit early and exploit often is the message this sends.
  • devaneiodevaneio Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ranncore wrote: »
    Last time there was a major game wide item exploit the devs just called the cheaters lucky and didn't seem to care. Dungeons go months unfixed and exploiters farm them without suffering any recourse. Exploit early and exploit often is the message this sends.
    /legit trade channel
    :P
  • khris112khris112 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    capnrogers wrote: »
    The original people who took part in the promotion are the ones exploiting and bulk selling, reward them more?

Imo remove all stones from the game, any enchants / gear in the them should be dropped back to the backpacks.

Legitimate owners can go back and get a new one. If they had an upgraded one they may need to raise a ticket.

The problem is removing the proceeds the exploiters made by selling without a rollback...

Perma ban anyone who sold a bunch of these, they'd know they were exploiting.

wow calm down, its not their fault. No man resists greed.
    edited March 2014
    sidenti wrote: »
    Just remember we pay to keep the lights on and we deserve respect. That's all. I don't think it's too much to ask, and as it is painfully clear I haven't violated the Terms of Service in saying so, I expect I'll have a post on the topic stay UP for a change. ;-) -bp

*clapping in the background*
This discussion has been closed.