test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

NEW PvP Release = TR Gimped

dersidiusdersidius Member Posts: 452 Arc User
edited March 2014 in PvE Discussion
Speaking on behalf of TR's. We have been spanked terribly by this new patch

First off, we need confirmation on this.

Duelist Flurry has no CC Immunity? Intentional, or is this a horrible bug.

(Seems to Occur near the beginning of the third DF hit, has been confirmed by various people and unconfirmed by others)

First off lets start by saying DF is the hardest at will in the game to land, and on top of that it can be interrupted now!?
wow. smooth.

Impact shot getting a double dipping nerf? with the added tenacity AND nerfed its damage by 33%. Great, now were all forced to use Path of Blades or lashing blade.

Finally, the TR armor sets suck incredibly.

No Armor pen + Crit Stat allocation is truly <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
and why in the world is HP replaced with a useless amount of deflection

Edit: Just learned that the CW's Have our PRIME Set allocation. with the Thaumu set

So the CW's stole it

Servers have only been live for a few hours. But I'm sure there's more important things to be fixed

TR ITC Bug (where ITC Cycles cooldown without ITC taking affect) still in affect
-occurs when you get hit at the same time you press ITC-

DERSIDIUS
ABSLOLUTE 16px-Cross_within_circle_2.svg.png RANK SEVEN
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    kenakthkenakth Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Agreed. I'd like to know if the Duelist's Flurry immunity was removed intentionally, or by accident. It's not as if people couldn't just run the other direction when we start the second swing and get out of Duelist's Flurry, even without burning a dodge.

The rest of the post is spot on as well, especially about Impact Shot.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I always thought cc immunity with DF was a bug not wai.
  • Options
    akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I hope hte CC immunity doesn't affect pve as well
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    yup, TR's have been warning about this on preview but they didn't make any fixes based on the feedback.
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    diotelpdiotelp Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Edit: Just learned that the CW's Have our PRIME Set allocation. with the Thaumu set

**** them CW's, now they can destroy our DF's with their cc and now this... madness i say
  • Options
    godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Of course. Right when I get back into this game and start planning/implementing a newer less conventional build in this update they take away an immunity duration that makes the build possible without traditional INT stacking. Not to mention guys, this is only the start. Take a look below to see how they plan to also change stealth to make rogues more vulnerable.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?622121-Potential-Stealth-Mechanic-Changes

I came back to this game after ~ 1 month gone because I liked the direction they were going with pvp and attention to it. However, I just don't have the patience to keep getting into different builds or ideas only to have random large changes to base mechanics that throw things off. I would've been ok with stealth nerfs, but now this just made one of the most damaging skills for rogues useless against anyone really. Once stealth is nerfed, there really wont be much left for playing rogue.

I really don't know if I want to get back into this game now. One of the reasons I enjoyed rogue is because you could make it work without getting top end gear, but also because the stealth mechanics of it allowed for more skill/awareness in pvp gameplay. Any other class I play just feels like a fight between gears. (1v1 verses other stealth rogues were really the best of pvp in this game because it takes so much more skill than other fights).

The reason not needing top end gear appealed to me was that
    1) I want to play the game for PvP, not farming PvE. (my own fault for getting into a non-pvp based game)
    2) They change skills/builds/classes so much that it becomes unviable to build up a character. In a few months, there will be major changes which will cause you to have to rework how you play, build, ect. your character. Or, they may just straight make the character less viable in comparison to the other classes or builds out there at which point maybe you want to go with a more powerful other character instead.

I'm not going to say I am quitting and this is not a quitting post. (That is obviously not allowed.) However, I don't know how much time I am going to be spending on this game in the coming days. With a change like this and stealth reworking, TR isn't going to be viable for pvp anymore and like I said, all other classes PvP is too straightforward and just feels like a clash of who has the best gear to me. I may consider an HR in the future since they have more control aspects than other classes than TR, which allows for a difference in skill gameplay vs gear gamplay, but probably not. I just don't know what I want to do with respect to this game anymore.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Actually, this effects the non-stealth TRs just as much, if not more, since they can't just stealth and wait for ITC to come back up to let them land 1 flurry without getting cc'd.
  • Options
    swarfega27swarfega27 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    All TR's are getting hit with this. ALL.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Read the post above yours. It will hurt permas, but will hurt other forms of TR builds even more. So if anything, it'll force people who don't play permastealth to go closer to that route.
  • Options
    keltz0rkeltz0r Member Posts: 85
    edited March 2014
    Ofc stealth based TR builds make bad pugs QQ like there's no tomorrow but in high lvl pvp if you nerf TR anymore it will become useless. Right now 2 actually good players vs 1 tr can kill the TR in less than half a minute if you nerf the duelists flurry cc immunity we will die twice as fast and soon be worthless in pvp. TR is at a spot where it can't be nerfed anymore or every TR player might aswell quit the game.

Giving us horrible stats on the new pvp sets doesn't help things either...
    No longer playing NW
  • Options
    pindaoppindaop Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    looks like trs got hit with 3 major nerfs at the same time lol
    armor,df,impact
  • Options
    wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    3rd strike of DF is not nerfed/fixed, depending on what your perspective is. It still grants CC immunity. In both PVE and PVP. Or they ninja nerfed it in the last hour.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    mod note: any further non-constructive feedback posted in this thread may be forwarded to the community managers for more severe action, including but not limited to the loss of your forum privileges. constructive criticism is allowed, however that does not include sarcasm, disrespect or flaming of PWE or the devs. thank you.

do not reply to this mod note. if you have questions about it or any forum moderation, send us a PM instead.
  • Options
    shazysshazys Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Most of people that complains about how "broken" and "op" trs are, usually have 10k gs and got killed on a 4x1 in a random match. It may look like it is op, but it truely isn't. Trs barely have any form of cc or support encounters, got their damage nerfed to death since beta and at momment really does low damage(of course you can go with all dps encounters, that would make you more squishy than a cw though).
    Thing is, if tr continue to be nerfed, it will get to a point where it will be just an useless class - squishy, no damage, no cc, no support.
  • Options
    howitzer001howitzer001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't understand why the new PVP sets don't have the Crit/Arp/HP bonuses that BF Skulker's have. To me that was one of the most-disappointing revelations when I was looking through the available options. With the other changes from the update and these set changes, it's really hard for dedicated TRs to think positive. I just hope that Cryptic is listening.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.fusion-guild.org
    Sir Howitzer - GF | Howitzer - HR
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I have a lvl 60 TR. I've been using the gauntlgrym set for a while. Stats are great, free arpen, yay. I don't see why you're complaining about it.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    diogene0 wrote: »
    I have a lvl 60 TR. I've been using the gauntlgrym set for a while. Stats are great, free arpen, yay. I don't see why you're complaining about it.

The complaint is that hardly any of the new PvP gear for TRs has arpen at all. The one set that does has no crit. And none of the sets has HP.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    wixxgs1cht wrote: »
    3rd strike of DF is not nerfed/fixed, depending on what your perspective is. It still grants CC immunity. In both PVE and PVP. Or they ninja nerfed it in the last hour.

Some people and I have expirenced DF's Third strike being interrupted by these skills

Bull Charge
    Sunburst (Outside of divine mode)
    Impact Shot (Still useless damage wise)

DERSIDIUS
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The complaint is that hardly any of the new PvP gear for TRs has arpen at all. The one set that does has no crit. And none of the sets has HP.

Ah ok. Well I can't say i'm sad. No more 50k crit lashing blade of doom. One-shot kills aren't fun. Instead of nerfing lashing blade they give TRs sets with drawbacks, which leaves pve unaffected. Toning down some single target spells had to happen for pvp balance. Well, it may be hard to accept for those having one character only but at least, now, it's done.
  • Options
    wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    dersidius wrote: »
    Some people and I have expirenced DF's Third strike being interrupted by these skills

Bull Charge
    Sunburst (Outside of divine mode)
    Impact Shot (Still useless damage wise)

That's quite interesting! I haven't encountered any GFduring my PVP matches and hence wasn't affected by BC. As for sunburst, I don't recall if there was any occasion where it would have hit me while in the 3rd strike's animation. Eventually, the TRs I fought were all not using IS. Thanks for sharing, I'll pay close attention to that next time.
  • Options
    iliveforpvpiliveforpvp Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Ok. As a CW, this does make my life A LOT easier, but the DF thing is total <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. TRs just became short range, CWs, minus the control. That is nonsense.

Sorry my TR bros!
  • Options
    nem3zissnem3ziss Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    We get - ~15% damage from tenacity, - ~15% another less damage on crit, df can be interrupted, PvP sets are... srry, but are useless. Couple patches ago devs made that most TTR skills get less benefit from power, so why adding power on sets for us? We dont have to much cc (smoke and dazing - try to hit someone in 1v1 with dazing :)), we have one useless gap closer (deft) and most of our skills are hard to land. IS was our only weapon to manage to deal with HR/CW. Both of them have more dodges then we, so landing LS is possible only in some big fight. Now when we are rooted/frozen how we can even survive against equal geared player? Imo IS should get internal cool down between charges, like 1 sec or 2 sec. This will give time to be not stunlocked by ministuns from it, and still be viable to use. Now? 2k damage with last charge... -all tenacity damage. I dont need to push back HR or CW i need something to reach them. CW/HR/DC are ranged class. GF and GWF got rush and hard hitting encounters to closing gaps. Now we dont have nothing and for people who dont want play perma this is a big set back. You want us to switch to recovery/INT builds? Because if we cant kill in pvp this is only role that we can do... go perma and contest node as long as you can. Pls reconsider those nerfs.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    More feedback on the DF (Maybe a bug?)

I've talked to a couple of my TR friend's and it seems like the bug isn't consistent, I for one had it happen to me three times in one match where as for some it seems to be working as previous before the Tenacity Patch

DERSIDIUS
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    DF? WHAT?

Are you crazy? How am I supposed to stick to the adds in PvE now with all that ****ty AoEs flying around me?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    nem3ziss wrote: »
    We get - ~15% damage from tenacity, - ~15% another less damage on crit, df can be interrupted, PvP sets are... srry, but are useless. Couple patches ago devs made that most TTR skills get less benefit from power, so why adding power on sets for us? We dont have to much cc (smoke and dazing - try to hit someone in 1v1 with dazing :)), we have one useless gap closer (deft) and most of our skills are hard to land. IS was our only weapon to manage to deal with HR/CW. Both of them have more dodges then we, so landing LS is possible only in some big fight. Now when we are rooted/frozen how we can even survive against equal geared player? Imo IS should get internal cool down between charges, like 1 sec or 2 sec. This will give time to be not stunlocked by ministuns from it, and still be viable to use. Now? 2k damage with last charge... -all tenacity damage. I dont need to push back HR or CW i need something to reach them. CW/HR/DC are ranged class. GF and GWF got rush and hard hitting encounters to closing gaps. Now we dont have nothing and for people who dont want play perma this is a big set back. You want us to switch to recovery/INT builds? Because if we cant kill in pvp this is only role that we can do... go perma and contest node as long as you can. Pls reconsider those nerfs.

Although these have always been pressing issues with Impact shot, there have been ways of dealing with it based on skill level alone

however with the recent Nerf to the TR class, it seems like "skill level" is being removed from the class in its entirety

Firstly, as stated before now a Rogue (Specced for max dps) can't even do decent DPS now. The major issue with this is that if a TR specs for complete DPS, he gimps his defense by a huge margin. On the flip side, if you take the complete defensive roll as what people believe to be "Perm stealth" (I'd go over this common misunderstanding, and why it's not that big of a deal, but lets stay true to the post) The DPS and over all survivability of rolling to that play style are quite frankly, Laughable.

How does this affect skill level? we'll, the only true DPS encounter you've left us with is PoB, something that only ticks for (500-700 If your target has low defense) but is a skillless ability due to the fact that you drop it and go, instant no aim required hits

Now I can't speak for the glass cannon 1 shot TR builds anymore, because I have't used that build since a little before the server merge

But If I recall, the only real defense (aside from occasional ITC) that my TR had was it's ability to, in essence, kill your opponent before they could kill you.

a Perfect Vorpal TR's highest LB on me was 10k. And I'm a TR and my DR is nothing compared to gwfs or GF.

So now that TR's can't kill something before they kill us, and because DC's can't heal anything anymore (Healing depression topic for another thread)

We're subsequently backed into the "Perm stealth" wall that so many people call us unskilled by using it.

I remember the original vision for builds in this game was the ability of choice, and dictating your playstyle

but now with the HORRIBLE new Pvp sets, one viable playstyle, and a few half decent encounters. It seem's like were forced to become a drone. Being a drone also hurts all TR's as a whole, because now there's no more "Air of unpredictability" everyone's going to know what encounters we're going to use (being that there's only a few good ones) and the game will quite simply, adapt and make the TR

Null & Void

DERSIDIUS
  • Options
    ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I managed to get into a single pvp match so far and I never noticed the DF issue here. If that was the case I'd understand the outrage, as someone who has multiple different high level TR's, none of which take the form of the most complained about TR, I'd be pretty pissed to. If I ever get into another match i'll keep tabs on it but that would be really damaging to my main build :/ that isn't built around stealth.
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Everyone just roll up a GWF. It'll make things a lot easier, trust me.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    With the way CW turned out (Which I'm very thankful CW wasn't nerfed into oblivion

I doubt the average TR's ability (after these nerfs) to deal with it's natrual prey, the CW

DERSIDIUS