What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NEW PvP Release = TR Gimped

Comments

• hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Originally Posted by degraafination
    "Everyone just roll up a GWF. It'll make things a lot easier, trust me."

The days of GWfs dominance in pvp now belong to history...
    I played four matches.Needless to say the most geared and experienced GWFs are on queue now.
    At least all i faced had perfect vorpals and soulforged armors.So minimum 13-14K gs.

Remember the 16-0 ,17-1,18-2 scores??
    Now watch the 6-4,6-2 ,7-2 .....by experienced and geared GWFs..it might be a coincidence the four games i played ,the sample is so small.But no more 16-0.These scores are history and let's hope we never seee them again.
  • dersidiusdersidius Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Originally Posted by degraafination
    "Everyone just roll up a GWF. It'll make things a lot easier, trust me."

The days of GWfs dominance in pvp now belong to history...
    I played four matches.Needless to say the most geared and experienced GWFs are on queue now.
    At least all i faced had perfect vorpals and soulforged armors.So minimum 13-14K gs.

Remember the 16-0 ,17-1,18-2 scores??
    Now watch the 6-4,6-2 ,7-2 .....by experienced and geared GWFs..it might be a coincidence the four games i played ,the sample is so small.But no more 16-0.These scores are history and let's hope we never seee them again.

GUys this is a TR thread not a general PVP discussion thread, please keep your points releated to TR expierence's

Such as various poor stat choices

or the ability to see a stealthed TR due to lingering animations

DERSIDIUS
    ABSLOLUTE 16px-Cross_within_circle_2.svg.png RANK SEVEN
    edited March 2014
    Just had a 1v1 session with another TR for the last 30 minutes

Its unanimous, Impact shot is completely useless

There were times when my PoB was ticking higher then the damage thrown by a Impact shot

Edit: LOL!!!! MY SHADOWSTRIKE HITS HIGHER THEN IMPACT SHOT

DERSIDIUS
  • kenakthkenakth Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Having been the TR on the receiving end of that, impact was absolutely worthless. It's a fairly close range ability as it is, and having such low damage, it was actually better for him to just cloud of steel me than it was to waste time throwing impacts.

And yeah, the shadow strike was funny when it crit for more than an impact.
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Ofc stealth based TR builds make bad pugs QQ like there's no tomorrow but in high lvl pvp if you nerf TR anymore it will become useless. Right now 2 actually good players vs 1 tr can kill the TR in less than half a minute if you nerf the duelists flurry cc immunity we will die twice as fast and soon be worthless in pvp.

I don't see anything wrong with two good players taking down one non-tank class, easily. Do you?

TR is at a spot where it can't be nerfed anymore or every TR player might aswell quit the game.

Oh come on, the world isn't about to end or anything.

Giving us horrible stats on the new pvp sets doesn't help things either...

Horrible stats with new armors are the same for everyone = relatively, no change at all.

The inconsistencies with DF seems to suggest (a) it is indeed a bug, or (b) effective duration has changed. Let's hope it's the former.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
    edited March 2014
    kweassa wrote: »
    I don't see anything wrong with two good players taking down one non-tank class, easily. Do you?

Oh come on, the world isn't about to end or anything.

Horrible stats with new armors are the same for everyone = relatively, no change at all.

The inconsistencies with DF seems to suggest (a) it is indeed a bug, or (b) effective duration has changed. Let's hope it's the former.

I can't necessarily defend someone surviving an encounter 1v2 on terms of = skill, but the nerf has gone past that to the point where people of much lesser skill can down a skilled TR 1v2 (simply because we can't kill 1 of them fast enough for it to matter anymore)

On account of the stats, thats not true at all

We had the perfect allocation for our class pre patch, but they took it away from some unknown reason, then gave it to the control wizards

and although being given useless Power (Since they nerfed us a while ago and made it so power dosent scale well), and being robbed of precious crit is pretty huge. one of the biggest things is the replacement of 2k+ HP with 500 Deflec (Which is useless on that low amount)

We would've been completely fine with brutal stalker as our new set, but now were effectively gimped damage wise,surivivability, wise stat wise... as a matter of fact, you can also almost say the new TR Stats are an indirect Tripple dipping damage nerf to impact shot because now we couldn't critically hit someone if they had a bulls-eye on there weakspot

Struggling to get 35% crit as a TR, whats the world coming to

DERSIDIUS
  • itscongoyoitscongoyo Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    yeh we are no longer immune in df if you are trying to finish off say a dc and you have a cw or anything else on you we continue to take damage so basically any 2on1 situation on node we don't even have a chance of finishing one off and then outplaying the other any 2on1 we are dead..
  • kenakthkenakth Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Another point not yet brought up is that lifesteal is nerfed both by the healing depression, and the lack of damage. And all our sets waste stat points, and the T2 Grim sets have it as the 2-piece set bonus. That's even more wasted stats for PvP as it is now. Lifesteal is great in PvE, but is completely useless in PvP, and on all of our PvP sets.
  • xyntrynz1axyntrynz1a Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I don't use DF so that doesn't affect me. My Build also doesn't depend on burst damage.
    Impact shot seemed to work fine. I lessened the speed in which I used it, so each one was a single shot.
    Seems fine without it being spammed.

It took me 2 hours to get into 2 games.
    I was top player in both games
    Only died 3 times in both games (3 first game, 0 second game)
    6500 points first game
    4500 points second game
    I got credit for 2 games per match to satisfy my 4 Daily Dominations from Rhix

Kept my Skulker gear so no Tenacity

and had the same Kill-Death-Assist ratio I normally have had.

I am underwhelmed by the new gear and unless I have a serious change in my PvP game scores, I will keep my current gear. My thought process is that the HP's I get from the Skulker gear will be equal to the benefit of tenacity with the lower HP's of every other gear set. Combine that with the other changes in PvP and I think It all works out.

So at this point, aside from the que times [Which are being fixed and probably not an issue by tomorrow] I have no complaints.
    Scoundrel Trickster Rogue
    Leaving dead question marks everywhere
  • demonkyuubidemonkyuubi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    kenakth wrote: »
    Having been the TR on the receiving end of that, impact was absolutely worthless. It's a fairly close range ability as it is, and having such low damage, it was actually better for him to just cloud of steel me than it was to waste time throwing impacts.

And yeah, the shadow strike was funny when it crit for more than an impact.

please tell me u r joking........

is impact that bad now?
    edited March 2014
    please tell me u r joking........

is impact that bad now?

[PMvsPM] Cryptus@sokkx: 642 crit with imp shot

Does that seem okay to you?

My shadow strike crit for 1500 on Kenakth

DERSIDIUS
  • shazysshazys Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Today when i was fightning a GWF seemed like his takedown was going through my DF third strike. I'm not sure though, was having massive lags at the momment as well. Anyone experienced similar problems?
  • godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Thankfully I never encounter this bug yet, so you definitely cannot go posting the CC immunity window from DF no longer exists. I have been getting immune procs numerous times. It has to be an issue of specific cases being bugs or specific circumstances that cause it.
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    dersidius wrote: »
    I can't necessarily defend someone surviving an encounter 1v2 on terms of = skill, but the nerf has gone past that to the point where people of much lesser skill can down a skilled TR 1v2 (simply because we can't kill 1 of them fast enough for it to matter anymore)

In any game, numbers advantage is ultimately the largest disadvantage any stealth-class should try to ignore -- precisely because even lesser people may overwhelm you. After all, it's twice the HP, twice the amount of attacks, twice the locations at the same time you need to cover even in a 2v1.

Again, I don't see what's wrong with this.

Maybe it's because TRs have been so efficient in contesting nodes against multiple people that the people's perceptions of balance, of what a single character should/should not be doing, became so warped. In my case, I never thought that was normal, nor balanced.

On account of the stats, thats not true at all

We had the perfect allocation for our class pre patch, but they took it away from some unknown reason, then gave it to the control wizards

I think I know the reason. But at this point anything said will probably upset the doomsayers even more.. so I'll refrain from mentioning it.

...and although being given useless Power (Since they nerfed us a while ago and made it so power dosent scale well), and being robbed of precious crit is pretty huge. one of the biggest things is the replacement of 2k+ HP with 500 Deflec (Which is useless on that low amount)

* The increase in power seems to tick in around 2~5% higher damage in all my attacks. That's 5% of enemy Tenacity damage reduction offset without any extra investments into offense.
    * The Profound set has crit as set bonuses. Any crit I lost through exchanging the Grim set, I simply get back as I upgrade to Profound.
    * 500 deflect stats given to you means I can switch two Silver enchantments in my defense slots to Radiant ones for more HP.
    * If you don't like deflect, you could simply have chosen Executioner or Saboteuer set -- instead of the Scoundrel set.

...what was the problem again? I'm still not seeing it.

We would've been completely fine with brutal stalker as our new set, but now were effectively gimped damage wise,surivivability, wise stat wise... as a matter of fact, you can also almost say the new TR Stats are an indirect Tripple dipping damage nerf to impact shot because now we couldn't critically hit someone if they had a bulls-eye on there weakspot

Struggling to get 35% crit as a TR, whats the world coming to

Like said, go look in other class forums. Everyone's been hit with the same thing.

There is now no "ONE GOOD SET THAT HOLDS ALL THE GOODY STATS" in pvp. You are given a choice to choose a certain aspect of the class and capitalize on it -- that's the thought behind the new equipment design.

Everyone's been 'gimped' to an equal standard in terms of gear and stats.

Things aren't as bad as people suggest. Too much melodrama, too much Shakespearian spirit in the boards. Calm down, analyze, see what alternatives you have, instead of being the drama queens and doomsayers, please.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • teehee912teehee912 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    For my rogue these are the numbers... I was running a normal bile for pvp, with a perfect vorpal on my alt account that i would swap in. The tenacity buffs gives everyone with 4/4 armor set only an extra 18.5% resists. These resists, however, are not affected by armor pen like armor is. This is a 20% reduction in damage, plus a 20% reduction in the crit damage. This is why the numbers are so low. With the bile i'm hitting crits for like 5-6k with about 14k gs. with the perfect vorpal on its only about 10-12k. I was hitting before patch for 9-12k with the bile before, and about 14-18k with the perfect vorpal before. This really kills the rogue damage i have. Even with impossible i cant land enough damage on them cuz all my crits are so much reduced, and if they are smart they will just keep running and running because my build isn't perma stealth. If it was i could sit in stealth and be annoying but then i would do absolutely 0 dmg. This needs to be ****ing fixed like it was said on the test preview shard. god dam devs are ****ing full blown <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, u basically just made GWF stronger cuz their damage is already OP as it is, and while their unstopable isn't as much buffer, they have 18% more resist and crit resist on top of it. I give up with TR, back to my GWF to **** again.

Kingwe the Third
  • teehee912teehee912 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Currently, the base damage is not high enough for any rogue w/o an extremely high amount of gear to win. My 14k tr does fine in pvp, yes. But it takes about 3x the damage because of the crit nerfs, and because of lash damage nerf. I dont use impact either but i expect that my lash should alteast hurt htem, not be a scratch when gwfs have 2x the hp and 25% natural damage resist from unstopable. Plus because the pvp artifact is nerfed, all classes hurt from this, but the squishy classes hurt the most cuz they need that temp hitpoints while they wait for cds.
  • todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Impact Shot gets a 33% reduction in damage the more charges you lose. So at the last charge you hit for like, 66% less. Impact Shot has been rendered effectively useless.

I'm not sure why but it's now more comedic than depressing to watch our class get nerfed even further. The DF/CoS-ITC/SS/IS playstyle has been nerfed to oblivion with this patch. And they seem to be planning to rework our Stealth as well. Gotta wonder what else is in store for us. Most of the major patches so far seem to carry significant nerfs towards the class, all because of the PVP Q.Q's which rendered our class useless for PVE single-target damage as well (which was supposed to be our forte).

There were other possible methods of nerfing Impact Shot without imposing that silly overkill damage reduction mechanic. If they simply added a 2 - 3 second cooldown on Impact Shot per charge, then TR's would not be able to use it back to back unless used from Stealth. Or they could have made the activation time of Impact Shot not as instantaneous.
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Maybe they just want everyone to play GWF and CW, sure seems that way.
    edited March 2014
    Impact Shot gets a 33% reduction in damage the more charges you lose. So at the last charge you hit for like, 66% less. Impact Shot has been rendered effectively useless.

I'm not sure why but it's now more comedic than depressing to watch our class get nerfed even further. The DF/CoS-ITC/SS/IS playstyle has been nerfed to oblivion with this patch. And they seem to be planning to rework our Stealth as well. Gotta wonder what else is in store for us. Most of the major patches so far seem to carry significant nerfs towards the class, all because of the PVP Q.Q's which rendered our class useless for PVE single-target damage as well (which was supposed to be our forte).

There were other possible methods of nerfing Impact Shot without imposing that silly overkill damage reduction mechanic. If they simply added a 2 - 3 second cooldown on Impact Shot per charge, then TR's would not be able to use it back to back unless used from Stealth. Or they could have made the activation time of Impact Shot not as instantaneous.

Wait wait wait wait, hold up, Now they're taking our stealth less effective? you have got to be joking. because even if we build for more DPS and less stealth, we can't even do enough DPS to matter.

This is terrific, Just when the game became stable, this tenacity nutshell was dropped on us

Aside from gwf needed a damage nerf

if they wouldve released the new annouced aspects of mod three, with pre-tenacity patch combat system

my god this game would've been Heaven

R.I.P TR, R.I.P DC, I wonder which class is next

DERSIDIUS
  • godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014

I know when asked about it on livestream they said they specifically wanted to make sure people could still use them back to back because they wanted to keep the stun chaining utility of it which is why they didn't implement it in that manner. There are still other alternatives though to keep it balanced.
    Wait wait wait wait, hold up, Now they're taking our stealth less effective? you have got to be joking. because even if we build for more DPS and less stealth, we can't even do enough DPS to matter.

This is terrific, Just when the game became stable, this tenacity nutshell was dropped on us

if they wouldve released the new annouced aspects of mod three, with pre-tenacity patch combat system

Official statement on how they plan to go about stealth reworking:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?622121-Potential-Stealth-Mechanic-Changes
  • todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Godlysoul2 posted a vid about it in the TR forum where they mentioned it on one of their Twitch live streams. :) Apparently they want to make things more "challenging", as if it weren't challenging enough that we get refused in high-end DD groups.

I'm just dying to see what else they've got planned for us. Heck, nerf Lashing Blade as well so PVE squishies Q-ing for PVP won't complain that they get one-shot a lot. Bait and Switch + Shadow Strike too, so we don't get any Stealth refills. And ITC. God everyone hates that skill, too OP, negates CC for 5 seconds. This should leave TR's to play with Whisperknives. But wait -- Whisperknives also have broken skills. Vengeance's Pursuit doesn't have a cooldown and Disheartening Strike hits far too hard for a ranged At-Will! That **** should be nerfed too.

Hehe. People will always find something to complain about simply because it's so much easier to be complain rather than to learn and adapt. I'll still play the TR no matter how much it gets nerfed from all the Q.Q population being coddled.
    edited March 2014
    Godlysoul2 posted a vid about it in the TR forum where they mentioned it on one of their Twitch live streams. :) Apparently they want to make things more "challenging", as if it weren't challenging enough that we get refused in high-end DD groups.

I'm just dying to see what else they've got planned for us. Heck, nerf Lashing Blade as well so PVE squishies Q-ing for PVP won't complain that they get one-shot a lot. Bait and Switch + Shadow Strike too, so we don't get any Stealth refills. And ITC. God everyone hates that skill, too OP, negates CC for 5 seconds. This should leave TR's to play with Whisperknives. But wait -- Whisperknives also have broken skills. Vengeance's Pursuit doesn't have a cooldown and Disheartening Strike hits far too hard for a ranged At-Will! That **** should be nerfed too.

Hehe. People will always find something to complain about simply because it's so much easier to be complain rather than to learn and adapt. I'll still play the TR no matter how much it gets nerfed from all the Q.Q population being coddled.

And I share that passion for Rogues in General, I will always be roaming around and stealth, and ever since the last TR Nerf, and the recent buffs to multiple classes, people tend to forget how easy it is to kill a TR 1v1 if your on an = skill level

To say the least, these nerfs are truly in-excusable, taking away our IS damage, and taking away our Prime stat allocation, LIKE SERIOUSLY where did you even come up with that idea?

We're running out of alternatives that don't include hiding till you see someone with low hp, running in, stealing the kill and going back to hiding

Some effective game-play right dere

DERSIDIUS
  • xyntrynz1axyntrynz1a Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    In the 2 games I played I got almost 10 kills from Impact Shot alone.

I just avoided spamming it. On single shots, it seemed fine

I had a GWF charge me and I spammed it and it knocked the GWF back and interrupted his attack which allowed me to then dodge roll at him,
    whip a 180, throw ShadowStrike, enter Stealth and get back to doing what I do.

I guess I have to play more, but I outscored 18 other players in 2 games today. To me, it seemed the changes allowed me to be more survivable. Even though I was doing less damage, it seemed that the healing change didn't allow people that I whittled down to 25% or less HPs all of a sudden healed back to 80-100% of their Hps in 2 seconds like previously.

Time will tell. I am more concerned about the que times. When I am on my lunch break at work, time is of the essence. I can't waste the 1 hour I have waiting in que.
    Seems like this is a known issue and they are seriously working hard to get this resolved.
    Scoundrel Trickster Rogue
    Leaving dead question marks everywhere
  • willsommerswillsommers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 103
    edited March 2014
    Honestly I don't even care about the PVP nerfs, it's what 1% of the game? What is utterly ridiculous is that the impact shot nerf is in PVE as well. Furthermore, the devs need to undo the PVP based TR nerfs from earlier in the game (lurkers, shocking, cloud of steel, etc.).

The class simply isn't competitive on any level in PVE because of PVP issues. With healing depression in PVP, they've shown that they have the limited capacity to actually see that there needs to be differences between what PVP and PVE skills do; be it damage, CC time, etc. The impact nerf was just lazily implemented.
    edited March 2014
    xyntrynz1a wrote: »

I had a GWF charge me and I spammed it and it knocked the GWF back and interrupted his attack which allowed me to then dodge roll at him,

I guess I have to play more, but I outscored 18 other players in 2 games today. To me, it seemed the changes allowed me to be more survivable. Even though I was doing less damage, it seemed that the healing change didn't allow people that I whittled down to 25% or less HPs all of a sudden healed back to 80-100% of their Hps in 2 seconds like previously.

Time will tell. I am more concerned about the que times. When I am on my lunch break at work, time is of the essence. I can't waste the 1 hour I have waiting in que.
    Seems like this is a known issue and they are seriously working hard to get this resolved.

Please Note I make all my responses and pvp #'s are based on best case scenario gear and skill level

I can go into a pvp match RIGHT NOW with just smokebomb and no DPS encounters and come out on top simply because the average skill level and gear level of the population is under par

but in end game, Premade scenario PvP, I'd like you to repeat those #'s, because pug stomping isn't my concern

DERSIDIUS
  • tsayoktsayok Member Posts: 33
    edited March 2014
    If this update helps prevent rogue permacheat operate alone some dungeon boss, as the first of CN, it is a good thing.

We understand that there is so much complaint, this is normal. But PvE exploits wreak havoc profit Cryptic, it was necessary to intervene.
    edited March 2014
    tsayok wrote: »
    If this update helps prevent rogue permacheat operate alone some dungeon boss, as the first of CN, it is a good thing.

We understand that there is so much complaint, this is normal. But PvE exploits wreak havoc profit Cryptic, it was necessary to intervene.

Please point your attention to the name of the thread

New PVP Release = TR Gimped

And as all the other forum threads show you, We're not alone with this claim

DERSIDIUS
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited March 2014
    xyntrynz1a wrote: »

I had very similar overall impressions from my short experience in PvP today as well.

On my GF I had a very hard time chaining CC. Terrifying Menace is pretty useless in PvP now because of its activation time. I can also add that the one Cleric I encountered was amazing. Those people we whittled down to 25%? He had plenty of time to skirt from one base to another bringing them all back up to full and could survive long enough to receive assistance when we started targeting him. Ended up with the high score of the match from being on every cap when it was taken and having so many assists.

Mostly I'm excited to see the matchmaking system in action. One of my matches was 1000 to zero. Really hoping that we won't be seeing a lot of matches like that anymore as soon as people develop their ELO scores.

There wasn't a single leaver or AFKer in any of the matches I played. Everyone fought to the end. That alone is worth a 20 minute queue time.
  • tsayoktsayok Member Posts: 33
    edited March 2014
    yes dersidius, but in this game skill pve = skill pvp.
    The rogues permacheat who kill solo first boss on CN are those who walk it in pvp and Gauntlgrym against several players, do not forget.
  • plomienioplomienio Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't understand why the new PVP sets don't have the Crit/Arp/HP bonuses that BF Skulker's have. To me that was one of the most-disappointing revelations when I was looking through the available options. With the other changes from the update and these set changes, it's really hard for dedicated TRs to think positive. I just hope that Cryptic is listening.

Exactly. that's why i wrote about mixing sets but still there are two sets power/crit and none crit/arm_pen.