test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Announcing Module 3: Curse of Icewind Dale

cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
edited August 2014 in News & Announcements
Hey adventurers,

We're so incredibly excited to announce Module 3: Curse of Icewind Dale, the next free content expansion for Neverwinter. This will be our biggest update yet with new features and changes!

To learn more, click here to see the list of new features and changes: http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/neverwinter/detail/3034893.

What are you most excited about? Leave a comment below!

Cheers,
Pin

**Note: The blog will be updated every week with more information about the M3 Expansion.**

Recent updates:

- Learn more about Caer-Konig in our newest blog.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pingconcherepingconchere Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Dungeon keys? Love it.

From the list so far, looks like a definite +1 from me! I do have a question, though I believe I know the answer: will the xp gained by a lvl 60 before Module 3 count toward the post-60 accumulation?
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm most excited about the (as yet unannounced, you'd better or else) new Warlock class!

~AHEM!~

(Actually, the idea of PvP up to 12 people per faction without the whole GG thing sounds interesting.)

-Keeps finger crossed, eyes shut hard, and whispers 'please, please, please, please, please,...' over and over again with pictures of dancing warlocks in mind...-

(The "or else" is that I *will* harrumph and stomp my feet all the way to my room and scream all night as loud as I can. You don't want that. I mean it!)
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Some of us are worried if we are being forced to PvP in the new PvP and PvE zones or if they are separate. Also wondering if you are going to drop a surprise bomb and announce the new class a bit later in one of the blogs for this new module.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Love it!

So Open World pvp? if so, that is AWESOME!!!! Love the pvp ranking, love the pvp campaign, really interested to see the new gear,

Does this mean new PVP sets as well? Because the new "black ice" sets seems pretty cool, but if no new pvp sets that would suck...

my only concern is...

Late Spring?! Man.... How far away is that OR when will this stuff hit the PTR so we can get a taste!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    (Actually, the idea of PvP up to 12 people per faction without the whole GG thing sounds interesting.)

Source? Where is more info on the PVP?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    Source? Where is more info on the PVP?

My mistake, it may be thought of as "raiding" rather than "PvP" - but here is the reference from the OP News Post (emphasis is mine):
    "Heroic Encounters

Discover new quest encounters that appear as you adventure through Icewind Dale. They range in difficulty from minor encounters for 2 – 3 players to epic battles for a dozen or more!"

I am so NOT a WoWNerd or PvPer. LOL I just want my SW, goshdarnit! Hahahahah
  • Options
    pitirre34prpitirre34pr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    A 10 players or 15 players raid would be awesome.
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    +1, lots of things players have been asking for. Next time someone in /zone cries "PWE doesn't care", just link to this thread.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    somtaawsomtaaw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hm. PvP Campagn.

Here's one for you: hat if a player does not want to do the PvP content. Will he/she still get contracts on their head to be hunted down and be violently murdered/slaughtered/sacrificed to the elder gods/forced to eat tofu without any spices?

Just a small concern for me since I tend to only play the PvE content.
  • Options
    l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    :*( sniff sniff

No new class mentioned in the blog
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    somtaaw wrote: »
    Hm. PvP Campagn.

Here's one for you: hat if a player does not want to do the PvP content. Will he/she still get contracts on their head to be hunted down and be violently murdered/slaughtered/sacrificed to the elder gods/forced to eat tofu without any spices?

Just a small concern for me since I tend to only play the PvE content.

No, you can check the dev tracker for a post by Panderus confirming the PvP content is not required to do the PvE.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    corbrandcorbrand Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I am very stoked for the new PvP systems, though I am a little concerned about weather or not they will be kept separate from the PvE stuff. I know there are a lot of people who like and often prefer PvE over PvP, and I am wondering if you will be revamping the PvE anytime soon to maintain a higher interest level overall in the PvE side of things for those who like to PvE (weather that is solo or in groups)? Perhaps just slowing down the Exp gain so that there will be a need to complete the entire quest line to the end in order to reach level 60 or just increasing the level cap?

Either way I am stoked for all the changes to come and cant wait to see it in place.
    Say what you mean and mean what you say, cause those who matter don't mind and those mind don't matter.
  • Options
    rojorrojor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    No "new" class ?
    What are we to do about this ?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I can't believe there's so much content on the horizon and people can't see anything beyond "no new class? no new class?"

No releasing classes before they're darned good and ready!

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    gipsylassgipsylass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 61
    edited March 2014
    rhoric wrote: »
    Some of us are worried if we are being forced to PvP in the new PvP and PvE zones or if they are separate. Also wondering if you are going to drop a surprise bomb and announce the new class a bit later in one of the blogs for this new module.

Exactly what I'm worried about. I sure hope not. Being "forced" into PvP is somewhat a "red line" for me.

Everything else sounds great, though. Especially the delve keys :). I'm wondering how they'll work and how to get them - and will everyone in the group need one or just one person? And what if someone drops out and and and... sooo many questions :rolleyes: .
  • Options
    herbalawherbalaw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This is on Cryptic's initiative... not PWE's...
    My Class is Warlock ... "The darkness holds no terror for me, demon! I curse you now under the Sign of Ill Omen!"
  • Options
    hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    :*( sniff sniff

No new class mentioned in the blog
    My thoughts exactly.

I'm so concerned that there is only 1 healing class, and it's Holy :(

WE NEED DROODS!
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    bohlowbohlow Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    What are you most excited about?

I'm most excited about PW <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> with the lore and being unable to even get the name of the main protagonist right.
    Kessell's Retreat

Akar Kessel has returned and has fortified himself in a location high within Kelvin's Cairn, the mountain peak that overlooks all of Icewind Dale.

(Hint: you got it right the second time)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    PTR!

PTR!

PTR!

Post Mod 3 on the PTRRRRR!!!!
  • Options
    shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    bohlow wrote: »
    I'm most excited about PW <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> with the lore and being unable to even get the name of the main protagonist right.

(Hint: you got it right the second time)

Actually, consulting the text (my 1988 paperback copy of The Crystal Shard) Akar Kessell is the correct spelling. The second one is off by a letter.
  • Options
    bohlowbohlow Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Actually, consulting the text (my 1988 paperback copy of The Crystal Shard) Akar Kessell is the correct spelling. The second one is off by a letter.

HA!
    So my problem started with TSR and their editors (check the blurb on the back cover of your 1998 paperback).

So Kessell's name is not an issue, but who the hell are the Hammerstones?
    Only one clan ever lived in Icewind Dale.
  • Options
    shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't have the '98 edition, just the '88 one. Kessell's name is spelled the same way inside as out. :)

The Hammerstones look to be recent additions to the area, probably related to Braerick Hammerstone who was one of the first to start crafting with the black ice. See Kessell's Forgotten Realm's Wiki entry here: http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Akar_Kessell
  • Options
    wizardemryswizardemrys Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I am very excited about the Dungeon Keys, and the rewards for XP gained after L60. Always hated doing extra quests just to lose the xp into the void. I am also looking forward to the new Ranger paragon.

Not so excited about the open map pvp. I hate pvp, and I really hope this isn't a requirement to get top items like artifacts or mats needed for crafting. Forcing pvp on players just to acquire desired items is a good way to lose customers, not everyone wants to be competitive with other people.

Thanks for all the hard work, loving the game! (just don't force pvp on those of us that don't like it) :)
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Will the ways to further expand your abilities post-60 carry over to the other campaigns as well? Would it be possible for the devs to revisit, for instance, Sharandar, so it isn't as dull/less rewarding than Dread Ring, (and I'm assuming IWD), will be? Sharandar feels like a chore now, compared to Dread Ring, and I'd hate for it to become a ghost town/abandoned content.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I can't believe there's so much content on the horizon and people can't see anything beyond "no new class? no new class?"

No releasing classes before they're darned good and ready!

Partypooper. :p
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Not so excited about the open map pvp. I hate pvp, and I really hope this isn't a requirement to get top items like artifacts or mats needed for crafting. Forcing pvp on players just to acquire desired items is a good way to lose customers, not everyone wants to be competitive with other people.

Where does it say open map pvp. I don't see it written anywhere in that news post.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Will the ways to further expand your abilities post-60 carry over to the other campaigns as well? Would it be possible for the devs to revisit, for instance, Sharandar, so it isn't as dull/less rewarding than Dread Ring, (and I'm assuming IWD), will be? Sharandar feels like a chore now, compared to Dread Ring, and I'd hate for it to become a ghost town/abandoned content.

Are you talking about XP gain turning into... something? I read that as any XP will contribute to progression in some way, so repeatable campaign stuff, foundry, leftover quests, all the usual ways to gain xp.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Where does it say open map pvp. I don't see it written anywhere in that news post.

Extrapolation from "dangerous PvP areas", I reckon.

Still, the word right now is that the PvP campaign will be optional, so no need for people to worry about being forced to do it.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014

I think the idea of open pvp areas comes from people taking one of Panderus's posts maybe a little too literally :
    panderus wrote: »
    We are well aware that some players would be hesitant to be forced to do PvP and is a major concern for some of our devs. I do not believe there are currently any quests in the open PvP areas that are required to make progress on the PvE campaign for the new zones.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?620621-New-PVP-in-Module-3&p=7395111#post7395111
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif