test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Announcing Module 3: Curse of Icewind Dale

Comments

• dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Is really the only part I'm NOT looking forward to. I'm not a fan of PvP/PvE mixed zones. It's just asking for griefers, spawn camping and a lot of ticked off pvE players.

Other than that? Bring it on!

They have already said PvE players won't have to go through PvP areas to get to PvE content.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Please please please give us more domination maps!!!!!

We should have gotten a new map with each module.

MODULE 1 - Sharandar, give us a pvp sharandar themed map!!!!!

MODULE 2 - Dreadring - give is a new themed map for domination!

MODULE 3 - Icewind - I am STOKED! for the PVP areas, but ALSO give us a PVP theme map here! Its REALLY REALLY not hard to do guys.... REALLY...

The issue you face is two fold.

1) If the PVP area is awesome, players WONT domination anymore.
    2) If the PVP area sucks, since domination is SO stale because its the same two maps, this will cause ALOT to quit the game.

Solution:
    3) Give us the "pvp zone" which we can get our "world pvp fix" and ALSO roll out THREE new "themed" maps as above... This way

1) PVP area is awesome - people still play BOTH since its 3 new maps.
    2) PVP area sucks - no worries, we have 3 new maps!

Both ways you add ALOT of value to the game. specially with these new armor sets and what not... We should really be given more domination maps.
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    rhoric wrote: »
    Stop reading that it is open world pvp. It says new zones and Icewind Dale is not just pvp, it is also pwe.

Not sure what they mean, tho. Are we busy killing yetis and suddenly a group
    of other players wipes us out and takes the treasure? Or do they mean that
    the same map can be used for one or the other depending on the quest?

Oh, and as some people suggest, it's not about being good at PvP. If you put
    a new Level 60 who wants to explore the new area, vs a hardcore PVPer with
    uber equipment, it doesn't matter what strategy or button mashing skills
    the new player has. He will always die. And with the new More Experience =
    More Power rule, the gaps between various L60 players will be all over the place.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    obsiddia wrote: »
    Not sure what they mean, tho. Are we busy killing yetis and suddenly a group
    of other players wipes us out and takes the treasure? Or do they mean that
    the same map can be used for one or the other depending on the quest?

We don't know exactly how it works other than that you won't be forced into open world PvP to do PvE content.
  • zombielvnszombielvns Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    "Post-60 Advancement

Once you hit 60, XP that you accumulate will start to provide you with rewards, rather than be lost in a void."
  • torskaldrtorskaldr Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Zoned PVP is hardly open world PVP, still as I always have said, if the next MYST game came out they would try to find a way to shoehorn PVP in it. :rolleyes:
    I chuckled at this. It's so very true. I have this queasy feeling the amount of pvp that is going to get into my pve is being understated.
  • drunkensotdrunkensot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 73
    edited March 2014
    Id like to see some work spent on the regular crafting. Over 90% of the available items you can craft are garbage and take up space on the crafting pages while being useless.
  • deathsremnantdeathsremnant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 185
    edited March 2014
    only a new paragon path for HR, doubt theyll drop another class announcement at the last min, you want people to get hyped from the get go and those kinda things can do that. Well probably get warlock towards the end of this year.
  • jokoooooojokoooooo Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    when will be this update ?
  • josielee80josielee80 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2014
    no news on new class with mod 3? And being forced to pvp if you want to do the new area, dont like it at all. have heard a lot of people already talking about camping spots in quest line areas just to kill other players for hours......lame. You could at least do the non-pvpers a huge favor and have a pvp server and pve server if you guys are goin to continue to release open world pvp stuff. I know alot of people who dont pvp and this will ruin the game for them and they will leave the game. I feel you should fix the pvp before you force it on people.
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Again people are reading too much into what little info we have gotten so far.
  • jokoooooojokoooooo Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    anyone knows when this update is comming?
  • mareatlanticummareatlanticum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 202 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Any even vague idea of when this will be out, before summer, in this month, in few weeks?
    Give us 4 or more power/item bar profiles so we can change powers and items with one click that are suited for the situation.
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    vortix44 wrote: »
    Depends on how they implement it. In many games a toon can switch a "willing/unwilling to pvp" toggle and cruise safely in a pvp area.
    I hope it will not be like "if you disable PvP mode you have a 0.001% change of black obsidian drop from monsters, if you have PvP mode enabled you have a 30% drop chance of black obsidian from monsters"

I hope that the developers manage it to keep unwilling PvP players away from PvP.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    jokoooooo wrote: »
    anyone knows when this update is comming?

No. There is no announced release date. They will trumpet it to the heavens when there is one.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited March 2014
    Any even vague idea of when this will be out, before summer, in this month, in few weeks?

It will likely be on the preview server for at least a month and it hasn't even shown up there yet. Personally, I'm expecting early May at this point, but who knows how off that will prove to be.
  • evxlonewolfevxlonewolf Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Really looking forward to the new module...only dislike I have is the level cap has still not been risen!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Forsaken Angels Veteran Scorpion
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So since the last 2 patch broke something new, I'm probably the only one not very excited about a new update this big, can't imagine what it will break.
  • bulletdancerbulletdancer Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    well, way to ruin an IP, take a PVE and turn it into pvp focused game!!!!!!!!
    if i even have to look at pvp for gear, or just to walk through there gaunlet, i am outa here, no more money from me, EVER, for any game you create.

originally, the game was CO-OP, PVE designed!!!!!!!!!!!! way before beta even started, you advertised CO-OP, PVE
    then u throw pvp in, ok fine,
    but,,,,,,,,,then you add, GG, pvp centric, then pvp artifacts and gear, that are BETTER easier to get than pve gear.
    then dailies, pvp grind, and GG grind,,,,
    this is your last chance or im taking my coin back to PNP d&d, the way its meant to be played, not this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    the only pve content you can produced is so time locked as it is it almost ruined the game, now more time locked content, plus a huge PVP centric "balance" patch, and a module that looks from all i have read to be 80% pvp goodies, 20% pve?
    you are ruining, the good name of DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS,
    this is not gaunlet of greifers!
    jesus,, have you ever gamed before? have you forgotten the roots of the game?
    edited March 2014
    Adding some PvP content is not turning the game into a PvP focused game. This game is still very much PvE focused and I really doubt mod 3 will change that. It certainly won't be 80% PvP, 20% PvE. I don't even know how you are getting that from what little details we know.

We do know that PvE players won't be forced to deal with PvP to get to PvE content. They have already told us that much.
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I am very excited about the Dungeon Keys, and the rewards for XP gained after L60. Always hated doing extra quests just to lose the xp into the void. I am also looking forward to the new Ranger paragon.

Not so excited about the open map pvp. I hate pvp, and I really hope this isn't a requirement to get top items like artifacts or mats needed for crafting. Forcing pvp on players just to acquire desired items is a good way to lose customers, not everyone wants to be competitive with other people.

Thanks for all the hard work, loving the game! (just don't force pvp on those of us that don't like it) :)

They are calling it a pvp campaign, as such it may very well unlock boons, so yeah if you want those power ups for your character you are forced to do pvp.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Until they release more info people need to stop spreading false info. There is both PvE and PvP in the new module. It does not say it is open world PvP. It does not say the PvE is in the PvP area.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    rhoric wrote: »
    Until they release more info people need to stop spreading false info. There is both PvE and PvP in the new module. It does not say it is open world PvP. It does not say the PvE is in the PvP area.

This ^ , we do know that the game's producer told us that nobody would be forced into pvp to be able to take part in the pve campaign , in all likelihood there will either be some kind of toggle to make it so pvp players cannot engage you in pvp if you don't want to fight or maybe even separate maps for pvp and pve , nobody knows until they either tell us more or release the module onto the test server.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • wildfire5wildfire5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Maybe somebody asked this already, but I don't suppose they are going to make addition balance changes to the guardian fighter? ^^;
    edited March 2014
    wildfire5 wrote: »
    Maybe somebody asked this already, but I don't suppose they are going to make addition balance changes to the guardian fighter? ^^;

We don't know if they are going to attempt any kind of balance pass , we should find out as soon as they put it up onto the test server.
    edited March 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    We don't know if they are going to attempt any kind of balance pass , we should find out as soon as they put it up onto the test server.

They probably are going to make some balance changes, but we won't know what until mod 3 goes on the preview server.
  • beriahotepberiahotep Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    jamart wrote: »
    I'm geeked about post-60 awards. I saw someone thought they were coming up with warlock class. I'd rather it be either druid or bard or even one of the mentalist classes, but preferably druid or bard. I guess if they did druid it'd be called Nature Priest or something like that. Don't know what you'd do for bard.

For me there should be 1 new class each year. New classes add new combat challenges, adds new dynamics to grouping and offers a chance to look at old content again with a fresh approach. Paragon paths to me dont count as a new class just variation on existing ones and are no where near as interesting. My fav class in the old Neverwinder Nights was Bard. I also played Bard in DDO, would love to see one here .
  • damooseninjadamooseninja Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Just curious about story, how did Kessell become undead? He never attempted to start the process of becoming a lich in the books and from the description they've given he's been undead since he was buried. Seems convoluted and I hope they are not just trying to use somewhat recognizable characters from long ago to create a story bit that has no logic to fit into canon. It's not like he was a chosen of any deity and would have been returned for the sundering events. The dale is a great setting with some amazing opportunities especially with some of the more recent books written; I just hope it's done its proper justice.

Also seeing being hoping for new class my hope is for monks to be introduced even though I know they wouldn't necessarily fit this module's story. Warlocks would be too similar to CW's and Bards would be interesting DC/HR combo. I think monk would be a good counter to TRs and maybe GWFs as they could deal a lot of damage while avoiding most incoming attacks but not as much of a sponge as a GWF.
  • brazennlbrazennl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited March 2014
    Black Ice is a new, extremely valuable resource, that players will be harvesting and fighting over within Icewind Dale.

Anyone have an idea what they mean with "that players will be [...] fighting over"?
    edited March 2014
    brazennl wrote: »
    Black Ice is a new, extremely valuable resource, that players will be harvesting and fighting over within Icewind Dale.

Anyone have an idea what they mean with "that players will be [...] fighting over"?

It could be referring to the pvp campaign part of the module , nobody knows until they publish more info or release the module onto the test server.