Options

Tenacity Discussion Thread

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    pando83 wrote: »
    So, making PvE gear even worse for PvP is very good to me, cause it can finally make people realize that they can't go PvP with PvE gear/ specs, basically damaging PvP for the rest of the players who go PvP and end up in a team with PvE builds that die before even touching the enemy.

You'll still meet tons of crappy PVE builds running around PVP "damaging it for the rest of the players" because everybody needs the artifact. You think these care to farm PVP gear first? I don't think so. So how exactly is further separation a good thing within this context?

Also what you say might be true for high-end (premade) parties, but in pugs some DPS PVE builds are very viable. I farmed the artifact on my PVE CW and GWF in three days each and I didn't accomplish that by getting facerolled all the time. Also DCs can be fun.
    That said, Tenacity changes it, but here's hoping the matchmaking will do its job properly.
  • Options
    deads6667deads6667 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    pers3phone wrote: »
    As for PvE gear, I'd say most CWs would say that High Vizier is BiS for both PvE and PvP. So it's not like all PvE gear is bad. Actually this set is so good, that I and many others intend to at least try and wear it regardless of its lack of Tenacity.

This set is not good for PvP at all. In fact im fairly certain you'd see a lot less CW's griping in these forums if people would give up the myth that this set is good for pvp. I'm actually sad that because of tenacity there won't be as many CW wearing this PVE set that makes them so much weaker in PVP; i like killing people lol (i dont use my gwf so killing people can still actually be a challenge currently)
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    @ persephone: not saying that all PvE gear is bad. But in many cases, what is needed for PvP is not needed for PvE. I mentioned the GWFs. There are some good ones, sure, i myself talked about one strong destroyer from LS i met months ago. But he was not in full PvE gear. He got for sure some regeneration and was way more resilient than a full DPS build (even if not as resistent as a sentinel).

@ lobo too: what i say is that even now, if you ask me, you need to "adjust" your gear or, in some cases, build 2 sets, to be effective in both PvE and PvP. I talked about the difference in stats needed in PvP and PvE. That's the reason why you read abot PvP toons or PvE toons, depending on which part of the game they decide to focus.

And while there are players who can sure be PvP spec and do not slow down their mates in a dungeon run, or PvE spec and be good in PvP, there are tons of players who fail to understand that their Amazing PvE build is weak in PvP. My gear set for PvE is at 15.3k GS, my PvP set is at 13.5k. Yet, if i'd go PvP with my PvE set, i'd be much, much weaker.

@lobo: you can also wear new PvP sets and go PvE. Is it optimal? No, at least for a DPS GWF (destroyer set bonus is deflection, worse than AoW set). Don't know how tenacity would work in PvE.

I think the new tenacity gear could help people realize that there's a difference in requirements for PvE and PvP. Would you stack ArP above 24% in PvE? No, would be a waste. Would you stack it above 24% in PvP? Yes, it helps a lot. You can go only one of these way now, with 1 set. With 2 sets, you can basically have near to 2 builds and maximize your performance in both PvP and PvE. Requires time, and effort. But it's Worth it.

Or you can try PvP with your PvE sets. Or you can go PvE with PvP gear. But i think that making very clear how there's a difference between PvP and PvE is important. I think it could help both modes. And, as i said, can give people something to play for in the next months (enchants for your second set, may be even different artifacts for PvP and PvE.
    And may be one day they will add dual specs too, and rerolls.

If you like PvE, you will just keep your PvE gear maxed out, and slowly build your PvP gear. If you PvE a lot, you'll have easy access to loads of AD. Also, artifacts are the same, they do not change. So tenacity will not force people to change artifacts. I said it as an option: you CAN go as far as farming different artifacts to build 2 artifact sets. It's not really needed, but well, i got to mention it.
    If you like PvP more, instead, you can put all your high rank enchants on the PvP gear and make a less good PvE set.

Good thing is, with 2 sets you can focus on what is needed. So i'd say your "new" PvE set with rank 7's and normals, but the right stats, could be more effective or as effective as your BiS PvP set focused on PvP stats.

Weapon enchat can be switched at the cost of 2 gold. Armor enchant can be replaced with a lesser SF for PvE, the rank is not important for PvE, usually. Easy to get/ build in few days or 1 day, depending on the player.

I don't see all these problems with the new stat/ sets...
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    deads6667 wrote: »
    This set is not good for PvP at all. In fact im fairly certain you'd see a lot less CW's griping in these forums if people would give up the myth that this set is good for pvp. I'm actually sad that because of tenacity there won't be as many CW wearing this PVE set that makes them so much weaker in PVP; i like killing people lol (i dont use my gwf so killing people can still actually be a challenge currently)

Right.

So many high end, theorycrafting CWs that talk to each other, test stuff and so on, are just dumb.

OK :)
  • Options
    sicxs666sicxs666 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    to argue around with a gwf is so stupid. they will always say "imbalanced? i dont see any"

this patch will be the worst thing devs ever made: 5% more healing? <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, 1500 * 1.05 = 1575 so far with a HW crit.

please START TO PLAY THE GAME AND NOT ONLY TAKE OUT MONEY

the only broken stuff in the game is gwf and HR bug spells. cant believe u dont see it.

as a penality EACH dev shoulda get 5k kills with a DC post patch and post a screen with it or leave this company.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    veramis1 wrote: »
    First of all, it's not sarcasm, it's called satire, and it's true. "Really bad" is hyperbole. Your argument for making it more difficult to use PVE gear and build in PVP is still making it more difficult to use PVE gear and build in PVP, and is bad except for people like you who don't think. Many equipment used in PVE is suitable for PVP, and the survivability you get from PVP can in many cases be preferable in PVE since offensive stats once capped give bad return and survivability is a form of increasing DPS as you mention for PVP but fail to mention its uses for PVE, for example for surviving without a DC in end game content or being able to dodge less and die less. Lifesteal can be stacked on augment instead of the character and other stats not used in PVP can be stacked on the augment pet instead of the character.

First of all, you can kindly avoid making assumption about me. We're discussing a game, so insulting people and going personal is not a good idea. Second: it's not about survivability vs DPS. It's about stats. As i said, life steal is the way to go for PvE, since you're doing much more damage, hitting tons of mobs that do not dodge. It's not good for PvP since you deal burst damage against usually 1 target at a time, against people who dodges your Attacks and hit you. Regeneration in PvP performs much, much better. For PvE, it's the opposite. Life steal on augment pet is still sub-optimal, since you take away slots you could use, for example, for power, and regeneration in PvE is almost useless. What you say is that you can hybridize your build and gear to deal with both PvP and PvE. Stats included. But doing so, you can't maximize your performance in PvE or PvP. That's why usually people talk about PvP toons and PvE toons: cause usually the focus is on one mode, mainly. And that's why people keep asking for dual spec.

What you're complaining about is that your hybrid gear you use to be viable in both modes, with tenacity will be less effective in PvP. Now, what i reply to you is what i already wrote above: PvP gear costs you nothing: it's all glory, nothing else. Weapons can very well still be the same, the loss in tenacity is marginal. The enchants can be acquired easily, and the higher rank ones you will just put in for the game mode you are most focused on. Switching armor enchant costs 2 gold, which can be acquired so easily i won't even go into details.
    Putting rank 7 on the gear for the mode you are less focused on requires little effort. And a gear fully focused on either PvP or PvE with rank 7 is more effective than a hybridized gear with rank 9-10. For example, if you're focused on PvP, you acquire your PvP gear through PvP, put your enchants on it, then on your PvE gear you are able to put only the stats you need for PvE. Augment pet included. No stats wasted on regeneration or HP where you don't need it, or stacked ArP above 24%. Which allows you to gain so much more, that the difference between rank 7 and rank 9 enchants will be full cancelled. And you will still have your high rank enchants on your PvP gear, with all the tenacity stuff and such.

You guys are making a big discussion out of something that is really small.
    to argue around with a gwf is so stupid. they will always say "imbalanced? i dont see any"

First of all, we're not talking about balance but about the need of PvP sets for PvP with tenacity.
    Second, i'm a person, not a toon. Identifying people with the class they play is a bit childish, you know.
    Third: there are tons of GWFs who posted tons of posts on these forums talking about changes to balance their own class. This kind of makes your above statement untrue.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    pers3phone wrote: »
    Right.

So many high end, theorycrafting CWs that talk to each other, test stuff and so on, are just dumb.

OK :)

lmao you said it not me. what i know for a fact is that set is garbage for pvp, the rest y'all can figure out on your own =p
  • Options
    destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    First of all, it's not sarcasm, it's called satire, and it's true. "Really bad" is hyperbole. Your argument for making it more difficult to use PVE gear and build in PVP is still making it more difficult to use PVE gear and build in PVP, and is bad except for people like you who don't think. Many equipment used in PVE is suitable for PVP, and the survivability you get from PVP can in many cases be preferable in PVE since offensive stats once capped give bad return and survivability is a form of increasing DPS as you mention for PVP but fail to mention its uses for PVE, for example for surviving without a DC in end game content or being able to dodge less and die less. Lifesteal can be stacked on augment instead of the character and other stats not used in PVP can be stacked on the augment pet instead of the character.

What this man says is true. What I liked about pvp in this game is there wasnt no real pvp. You could use any kind of gear as long as it fit your playstyle for the character you played. I used a mix of regular pve and pvp gear and I generally do well in pvp.
  • Options
    copperwirecopperwire Member Posts: 35
    edited March 2014
    I'm not excited at the idea of having to have a set of PvP and another set for PvE. I'm also not excited about having to maintain and upgrade, or constantly swap, gems and enchants for both sets. I also think that making this split will reduce the variety of options in both sides of the game.

If this does happen, what I would be much pleased to see a few "quality of life" upgrades to ease the pain;

1. Provide us another set of character slots to keep this extra gear set on and a means to quickly swap between them when appropriate.

2. Provide us with a set of feats, boons, and powers for each setting - ie a PvP build and a PvE build.

I do not particularly care if I have to pay ZEN to activate these features (the price of another set of bank slots and a respec token would be fair), though I'm sure offering these improvements without cost would build some good will :)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    First of all, we're not talking about balance but about the need of PvP sets for PvP with tenacity.
    Second, i'm a person, not a toon. Identifying people with the class they play is a bit childish, you know.
    Third: there are tons of GWFs who posted tons of posts on these forums talking about changes to balance their own class. This kind of makes your above statement untrue.

Ur way how u want to discuss is childish. I didnt mean u, i mean ALL Gwfs. I didnt read each post, and i wont do it. i just red some and each single post i red from a gwf is the same. and talking about the necessary of a pve set and pvp set makes no sense. why?

u going to force someone into a roll. DC set force u to heal, u wont be able to do dmg. so, u cant delete the damaga path at all. i want to play my class as i want to do. did u ever play a dc? its like throwing with paper and post patch u will throw with air and heal with love. do u really think, it is balance that right now u need 3 or 4 ppl to kill a gwf who can even stand like for 10 sec? at least? or can kill 2 of em? im not talking about 10k pugs or 12k. u hit with 12k crit. with which CD? 10sec? or 12? well i heal about 1.5k with a divine HW. im not immune to CC, i cant heal the dmg u do, there is no way. so please open ur eyes and stop beeing proud to play a "unstoppable" class in pvp.

summary: a gwf has defence and HP like a tank, doing dmg like a TR and heal hisself like a DC. good choice playing a gwf and defened ur own class.
  • Options
    edited March 2014

Hypothetical, and wrong. Every CW uses high vizier for PVP and PVE.

LOL yeah but.... no.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    What this man says is true. What I liked about pvp in this game is there wasnt no real pvp. You could use any kind of gear as long as it fit your playstyle for the character you played. I used a mix of regular pve and pvp gear and I generally do well in pvp.

You can do it even now. I mean, mixing PvP and PvE gear. Less tenacity, but the bonus on the PvE part could fit your playstyle more.
    At least for GWFs, 2 pieces bonuses on profund gear are not that good (all 450 crit). And PvP weapon sets deal less damage than PvE sets, while going with tenacity.

You also can use the new PvP gear in PvE. There are still tons of possibilities even for people who do not like building 2 sets of gear.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    sicxs666 wrote: »
    Ur way how u want to discuss is childish. I didnt mean u, i mean ALL Gwfs. I didnt read each post, and i wont do it. i just red some and each single post i red from a gwf is the same. and talking about the necessary of a pve set and pvp set makes no sense. why?

I'm discussing in game features, not attacking people or talking about a Whole class like it is some kind of religious Group. You don't read each post, then you should not make assumptions. I don't play a sentinel tank, which is the "OP build" right now, i play a hybrid. Which is far from being unkillable, at 29k HP and 2.5k defense-20% deflection.
    u going to force someone into a roll. DC set force u to heal, u wont be able to do dmg. so, u cant delete the damaga path at all. i want to play my class as i want to do. did u ever play a dc? its like throwing with paper and post patch u will throw with air and heal with love. do u really think, it is balance that right now u need 3 or 4 ppl to kill a gwf who can even stand like for 10 sec? at least? or can kill 2 of em? im not talking about 10k pugs or 12k. u hit with 12k crit. with which CD? 10sec? or 12? well i heal about 1.5k with a divine HW. im not immune to CC, i cant heal the dmg u do, there is no way. so please open ur eyes and stop beeing proud to play a "unstoppable" class in pvp.

PvP gear will force people into a role for what reason? You can make all the gear combo you want, and the build is the same, no matter the gear. Also, gear sets can be changed, you know. And new sets can be added. Devs are already working to improve DCs post-patch situation, and CWs already got some love with cc resistance from tenacity reduced by 2/3. And i'm among the ones who asked for a CW buff and a DC buff. You don't read the posts, then you should not make assuptions about what people do. I also posted many times with many suggestions to balance sentinel GWFs. So, again, your assumption of me being "proud of playing an unstoppable class" comes from not knowing a thing, and making assumptions about people.
    Still, we were talking about the need for 2 sets, which has nothing to do with balance between classes. It would be nice to be able to just discuss normally without people raging like that even when we're talking about something else.
    summary: a gwf has defence and HP like a tank, doing dmg like a TR and heal hisself like a DC. good choice playing a gwf and defened ur own class.

I started a GWF destroyer, i play a hybrid which is not the sentinel tank you hate so much, and i started playing it when people laughed at us and GWFs were not wanted in any PvE party. Plus, as i said above, there are already many of my posts about how to balance GWF sentinel Iron vanguard tanks, which are the OP build right now. So, again, your "assumptions" about me, and your attack, have no real base, just you raging.

We can discuss stuff about the game, or you guys can keep raging against "all GWFs" and keep that "GWFs are bad people" attitude.
  • Options
    veramis1veramis1 Banned Users Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    GWF are bad people, abusing deep gash which is an exploit.
  • Options
    cheapjingcheapjing Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    per Devs, deepgash is working as intended.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    do i?

yes, u can change ur gear if u want, or not if u dont want. so there will be NO CHANGE with gwfs.

talking about POST PATCH DC changes? cool, why not fixing the bugs of the spells NOW?

do u really think, with new sets everything will be balanced? kinda unwordly

gwfs making too much dmg and have to much defence with heavily CC spells and CC immunity. nothing will chance, or u really think a -10% to each stats on enemy class will fix it? come on.
  • Options
    zouldrynzouldryn Member Posts: 96
    edited March 2014
    Everyone was telling the devs GWF is OP god mode.So they add Tenacity and healing depression which does nothing at all to GWF.they are still OP god mode.
    so in the end DC is nerfed and CW is nerfed yet nothing at all has really changed for GWF.
    they might actually be slightly stronger now.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Deep Gash is working as intended in PvE, allowing GWFs to be where they need to be for damage: on par with CWs at least on AoE damage.

Tenacity will affect critical damage with a 20% crit reduction on top of the 20% increase reduction to damage. Deep Gash is a crit. This means its PvP damage will decrease a lot.

Also: it's not "GWFs", again, it's "IV sentinel tanks". You can call the IVST if you think it's too long. Get facts straight, instead of bashing an entire class.

Right now, IVSTs are able to tank multiple enemies thanks to a high sinergy between high HPs, high regeneration and Unstoppable. Regeneration and temp HP (unstoppable) get a 50% nerf, and it is pure logic that a tank that rely heavily on these 2 things, and the sinergy between them, will have his survivability reduced more.
    And, in fact, the ones who tested it said that now 2v1 you go down fast, IVST or not.

1v1 they damage reduction makes them still very hard to take down but now they DO GO DOWN, and cannot regenerate so much. Which is fair for a tank build.
    The problem, i said it already, is that they can keep a high damage. Part of the problem is cause of the weapon base damage. Part is due to critical builds, but crit in PvP gets a nerf. And part, if you ask me, is due to the fact that CON, which is capped on IVSTs to max HP, also gives ArP, which is, to me, the best offensive stat in PvP, and will be even more after the update. On top of that, constitution focus gives a buff to not just HP, but ArP too. A IVST with 26 CON gets 18% ArP base. Then add ArP stacked. It does much more than power in PvP.
    I think it would be better to move ArP to another attribute, may be strenght. 18% less ArP on full tank/CON builds would be a nice help. And would buff DPS STR builds to the point of making them viable as hard-hitters in PvP.

The rest of the balance is not through nerfs, but buffs to other classes.
    CWs got tenacity cc resist ignored.
    Every class now can be tweaked and tuned for PvP and PvE separately. I say wait and see, things will get better.
  • Options
    zouldrynzouldryn Member Posts: 96
    edited March 2014
    The rest of the balance is not through nerfs, but buffs to other classes.
    CWs got tenacity cc resist ignored.
    Every class now can be tweaked and tuned for PvP and PvE separately. I say wait and see, things will get better.

I agree.
    though I think there are still some OP classes.what they are doing is making it so they can tweek things and make very minor changes more easly.
    Little by little the classes will become more and more balanced.

I really wasnt sure about their direction at first but the more I think about it the more im realizing this is going to be real good in the long run :)
  • Options
    deknodekno Member Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Adding a stat to all classes will just make the strong class stronger further improving their setup, there will just be more versatility for them to chose between and they can do as they please with their stats since their builds are already topping out the other classes.
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    cheapjing wrote: »
    per Devs, deepgash is working as intended.

Don't be crazy, developer confirmed with many witnesses around it's bugged.

This isn't the scope of the discussion AT ALL though.

And nobody cares if GWF does great damage in PvE. Mobs don't complain. I wouldn't mind if GWF would do twice as much. All I care is how they perform in PvP, where they're ... a bit out of line with other classes, to put this mildly so not to upset the audience.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Yesterday on live something weird happened. I was fighting another GWF. I meet him alone, i prone him and DPS him to 15% of his HPs. He runs. Then he comes back healed. We fight again. My prones failed 4-5 times in a row. He was not in unstoppable. I mean, he didn't budge an inch. It's not like the duration was reduced. I didn't even damaged him. And it was a full 1 minute during which none of my prones had any effect.

I already experienced prones failing, but never this much. I don't understand how this bug works. The GWF was not a halfling. So i don't know if the halfling racial is involved...
This discussion has been closed.