Install Arc
Options

Ioun Stone of Radiance?

Comments

• Options
    rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    heyrogers wrote: »
    Check your spam filter, or that you are opted into receiving emails from PWE. I verified that the email address attached to your forum name is indeed on the list of users that qualified this week.

I again urge others to do the same if they believe they recently transferred in Zen and haven't seen this email yet.

I just found out my email settings were not set to allow emails from PWE. Is it possible to resend the email?
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • Options
    kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Will you get pet if you transferred 1000 zen but you didn't get the mail?

And when did the promotion start?
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    kozi001 wrote: »
    Will you get pet if you transferred 1000 zen but you didn't get the mail?

No...according to a member of Cryptic posting here, you will not.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Found the letter. :)
  • Options
    onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Well, for the first time ever, I purchased zen outside of the AD exchange. Hope I get the email.
  • Options
    jaapjaap Member Posts: 5
    edited February 2014
    Let me get this clear: If you got the mail, then you're already 100% guaranteed to get the stone??!!!
  • Options
    echokazulechokazul Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I haven't received the email either. I checked the spam folder and didn't see it there (though I did find a badly spelled, originally french newsletter from 'Perfect Neverwinter' that looked rather suspicious). Looked in the 'Promotion' and 'Social' tabs that gmail now has as well, to no avail.

My email is correct on the settings page, and the only place I can see under setting to allow emails, the Receive Email from Administrators section, was checked. I have gotten emails from Neverwinter in the past, when they have newsletters and such.

EDIT: And I do want to mention that I do buy zen rather frequently, usually twice a month. Not sure what the requirements are for qualifying for this offer, but I'd be rather miffed if I didn't qualify for some mysterious reason.
    Kyba Fell- Tiefling GF (Main)
    RainFeather- Dragonborn DC
    Rune Fell- Drow CW
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I haven't seen the email myself, but I have also transferred Zen in within the last 2 weeks (and generally about every two weeks before that).

No email.

Now, this is a heckuva promotion - one that obviously many players would like to take part in.

The way it's been done is the sort of thing that can really blow up in their face, though. These people get a bonus, those people don't - all based on some unknown criteria. Had PWE said "we're sending this because <reason>" it'd at least soften the blow, but doing after the fact is kinda crappy. It excludes people (like me) who are more than willing to drop the $10, but because we didn't meet the mystery requirements, and now no longer have the option to meet those requirements, sets a really bad precedent, IMO.

Hopefully, the promotion will be applied to any and all who transfer the 1000 Zen in the time period.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    jaap wrote: »
    Let me get this clear: If you got the mail, then you're already 100% guaranteed to get the stone??!!!

If you got the mail, then you are eligible for the promotion. Once you are eligible, then you need to transfer 1000 zen to Neverwinter like the e-mail tells you to get the ioun stone.
  • Options
    angradangrad Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hopefully the start date is at least the beginning of the month. I have talked to members of my clan and we all buy Zen each month, but we have all bought Zen before we received the emails. :(

Also I have noticed that people that have Arc got the emails. I am not 100% sure about this, but from people that I've talked to that seems to be the factor that decided if they got the email or not.
  • Options
    jaapjaap Member Posts: 5
    edited February 2014
    dardove wrote: »
    If you got the mail, then you are eligible for the promotion. Once you are eligible, then you need to transfer 1000 zen to Neverwinter like the e-mail tells you to get the ioun stone.

Are you kidding me? So I have to tranfer 1k zen AGAIN? Eventho I did it 2 day ago? Seems like a scam.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    heyrogers wrote: »
    Check your spam filter, or that you are opted into receiving emails from PWE. I verified that the email address attached to your forum name is indeed on the list of users that qualified this week.

I again urge others to do the same if they believe they recently transferred in Zen and haven't seen this email yet.

Nothing in any of my folders, and I'm set to receive emails - and my last transfers were Feb. 1 and Feb. 5. :-/
  • Options
    jezwirajezwira Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Bad promotion, I have my settings set to not receive e-mails, just purchased a big amount of zen, would do so again but nope not like this
  • Options
    rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    echokazul wrote: »
    I haven't received the email either. I checked the spam folder and didn't see it there (though I did find a badly spelled, originally french newsletter from 'Perfect Neverwinter' that looked rather suspicious).

My email is correct on the settings page, and the only place I can see under setting to allow emails, the Receive Email from Administrators section, was checked.

The email setting isn't in the forum's control panel. You need to log on to the main site nw.perfectworld.com and select "My Account" (at the top of the page). Then you will see a check box for emails.
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    cdnbison wrote: »
    Had PWE said "we're sending this because <reason>" it'd at least soften the blow, but doing after the fact is kinda crappy.

I concur with this... it's become a confusing mess. Here's how it happened for me:

I saw the thread about this companion a week or so ago and I commented that I think this promotion hadn't occurred yet (I'm pretty aggressive at staying up-to-date on NW news). A reply stated it had, that it was not a public U.S. promotion (I'm in U.S., Pacific Time Zone) so I shrugged it off and chalked-it-up as a miss.

Yesterday around 11 A.M. (Pacific) I purchased 1000 Zen through ARCGames.com (which does not go into your PWE Wallet, but rather goes directly into the game you choose when purchasing; I chose Neverwinter). When I got home last night I saw the email (time-stamped around 1 P.M.) and here is what it said (paraphrased):

"Thank you for purchasing Zen from Perfect World Entertainment" - then the main promotion about transferring Zen to neverwinter. The part I put into quotes does not appear to be part of the actual promotion template (in terms of look) and appears to be the "insert variable text here" type stuff.

Based on past experience, I suspect this email was intended to basically say "Thanks for buying Zen points (which go into your PWE wallet), now if you transfer those wallet Zen points into Neverwinter, we'll give you this new shiny." Hence, since I purchased through ARCGames.com and the Zen was transferred to neverwinter on purchase, I should qualify for the new shiny.

Here is what I believe is the case: the offer is made to people who *buy* (purchase) Zen with legal tender (PayPal, Credit Card, etc) and does not apply to Exchange conversions and other sources, such as Steam and Gift Cards (as those purchases are handled through a third-party - and PWE has no control or direct knowledge of the purchase).

I'm pretty confident in all of the above that I describe. The only single question I have is: When did the promotion start? In other words, at what point (date and time) did the transferring of new Zen begin to qualify players for the new shiny. *This* is the only confusing part for me.

As for the "stealth" nature of the offer, I think Cryptic/Neverwinter is looking to reward those people purchasing Zen for the sake of purchasing Zen; doing what they were going to do anyway - without the promotion being a direct incentive to purchase/transfer Zen (hence: no fancy news announcement before the fact). There can be a LOT of reasons for this, for example it could be some kind of A/B testing by the marketing folks, it could be a simple, but genuine "thank you for supporting us on your own volition" thing, it could be a whole lot of things.

The reason for how they are doing it does't matter in the long run. They are not stupid. They are approaching the process in a different way to see how it works out for them, then they'll know and either continue the paradigm or adjust it differently as they feel best.

I suspect this: if you got the email, and your new Zen went into neverwinter (before or after, but within a short time-range) of the email then you'll get the new shiny.

Sorry for the long diatribe, I tend to be verbose. :)
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    angrad wrote: »
    Hopefully the start date is at least the beginning of the month.

Well, my last transfer was back on December 10th and I got the mail. Then again - that was a very large transfer, so perhaps the window was bigger as a result.

Regarding the Arc issue, yes - I got Arc....t would be really interesting to know if (a) People that have Arc but did not transfer anything recently got the mail and (b) if people that did transfer recently but don't have Arc got the mail.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    echokazulechokazul Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    rgladiato wrote: »
    The email setting isn't in the forum's control panel. You need to log on to the main site nw.perfectworld.com and select "My Account" (at the top of the page). Then you will see a check box for emails.

Ah yes, there it is. I was having a heck of a time finding that place. I tried clicking 'Back to Game News' at the top of the forum, thinking that would take me to the home page, but I saw nothing there about emails under settings. I mainly go through Arc now, so I only see the Arc homepage usually, I haven't been to the old homepage in some time. I see now that the email option was unchecked. I checked it for future purposes, but I am annoyed that this promotion excludes players like me who have loyally support the game financially, just because I didn't have a half hidden box checked.
    Kyba Fell- Tiefling GF (Main)
    RainFeather- Dragonborn DC
    Rune Fell- Drow CW
  • Options
    seapeeyouseapeeyou Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I bought and transferred 1000 zen to Neverwinter yesterday. I have not gotten the email. I checked my settings and they are set to allow emails. I checked my inbox as well as my junk folder. Nothing there. Should I be expecting to get this email or not?
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Just got this email myself, says "Offer Ends 9:30am Pacific on February 24th"
  • Options
    vvergvverg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    adinosii wrote: »
    Well, my last transfer was back on December 10th and I got the mail. Then again - that was a very large transfer, so perhaps the window was bigger as a result.

Regarding the Arc issue, yes - I got Arc....t would be really interesting to know if (a) People that have Arc but did not transfer anything recently got the mail and (b) if people that did transfer recently but don't have Arc got the mail.

Or maybe also who joined the PvP with the devs event on Preview. Cause I remember getting things in the past (like a title) that you would get something.

But I have Arc installed also, but play NW trough Steam and my last Zen payment was 31 January.
    signature-lili.png
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    adinosii wrote: »

I haven't transferred Zen since last year, but I did install Arc when they put out the promotion for it. Not sure what the timing is on their promotions - Once thing for sure, they're doing a lot more with segmentation-based marketing than they've ever done in the past. I'd bet it's working out pretty well for them too - they also have a "Please Come Back" promotion for accounts that haven't logged in in a long time (not sure... 6 months?). 40K AD and some random trash loot to bribe you back into the game. Probably lots of other hidden segmentation-based promos that I haven't seen yet too. Honestly, it's really pretty sound marketing IMO.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I concur with this... it's become a confusing mess. Here's how it happened for me:

Based on past experience, I suspect this email was intended to basically say "Thanks for buying Zen points (which go into your PWE wallet), now if you transfer those wallet Zen points into Neverwinter, we'll give you this new shiny." Hence, since I purchased through ARCGames.com and the Zen was transferred to neverwinter on purchase, I should qualify for the new shiny.

Here is what I believe is the case: the offer is made to people who *buy* (purchase) Zen with legal tender (PayPal, Credit Card, etc) and does not apply to Exchange conversions and other sources, such as Steam and Gift Cards (as those purchases are handled through a third-party - and PWE has no control or direct knowledge of the purchase).

I'm pretty confident in all of the above that I describe. The only single question I have is: When did the promotion start? In other words, at what point (date and time) did the transferring of new Zen begin to qualify players for the new shiny. *This* is the only confusing part for me.

As for the "stealth" nature of the offer, I think Cryptic/Neverwinter is looking to reward those people purchasing Zen for the sake of purchasing Zen; doing what they were going to do anyway - without the promotion being a direct incentive to purchase/transfer Zen (hence: no fancy news announcement before the fact). There can be a LOT of reasons for this, for example it could be some kind of A/B testing by the marketing folks, it could be a simple, but genuine "thank you for supporting us on your own volition" thing, it could be a whole lot of things.

Here's the problem, though - I buy regularly (a bit every two weeks with the paycheck), and with PayPal. No email that I've seen.

The other problem is that it really isn't made clear what would qualify you for the offer. I've got guildies getting the offer and all they've done is get the Zen via surveys.

I'd be ok with the "surprise! Here's a thank you for transferring zen into NW" if it was made clear just what the qualifying process was: a date range, an amount, a payment method - whatever. Right now, though, there seems to be little rhyme or reason to how offers were sent out.
  • Options
    xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I last transferred zen back in 12/19/13 and it was earned from peanut labs. I got promotion email yesterday at around 12pm pacific time. I didnt see it at first because it showed up under my promotions tab in gmail as opposed to the regular inbox. Finally got my purchase made but a lot of confusion and hoops to jump through.

I wish this wasnt so confusing. I like to buy zen to support the game, little promotions like this make me spend a little more. If you make it all weird and obfuscated like this particular promotion your loosing touch with people. Just advertise the promo, make it available to anyone who is going to buy zen. Stop with the jumping through hoops please.

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• Options
    czarnamimozaczarnamimoza Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited February 2014
    My boyfriend got the mail and I didn't. And we recharge almost always at the same time, several times a month. :/ I can recieve mails from Perfect World (I get some other offers from time to time, as well as advertisements) and I checked my spam folder. We both use PayPal, because we use my PayPal account for it. And we both have Arc.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Here's the problem, though - I buy regularly (a bit every two weeks with the paycheck), and with PayPal. No email that I've seen.

The other problem is that it really isn't made clear what would qualify you for the offer. I've got guildies getting the offer and all they've done is get the Zen via surveys.

I'd be ok with the "surprise! Here's a thank you for transferring zen into NW" if it was made clear just what the qualifying process was: a date range, an amount, a payment method - whatever. Right now, though, there seems to be little rhyme or reason to how offers were sent out.

Well, the minimum Zen you can buy now (through ARCgames.com and ARC client) is 1000 Zen. This promotion is regarding 1000 Zen. My only confusion is when the promotion start date/time was.
  • Options
    yeahnubbyyeahnubby Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I just bought some Zen via Arc that got transferred directly into NW, but I haven't gotten any notification neither in-game nor via mail that I got the stone. I got the promo e-mail earlier. Will I be notified when the stone's available from the rewards claim agent?
  • Options
    tyedortyedor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    zengiah wrote: »
    You dont seem to get it tho. :P

Option 1:
    You charge 1000 zen and get a green stone on all chars. You have to spend 500k on each stone to upgrade it to blue.

Option 2:
    You charge 1000 ZEN (or not) and discard the green stone and you spend that ZEN on whatever you want. And then you use the 500k AD that you saving from not needing to upgrade a green stone to buy a blue stone better stone.

The diffrence is that you get a better stone for the same amount of AD you spend.

For me with 10 plus alts this rocks. I can have a stone for each one and I can spam lfg w/stone and get into a group faster because I won't look like a **** &#55357;&#56842;
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    yeahnubby wrote: »
    I just bought some Zen via Arc that got transferred directly into NW, but I haven't gotten any notification neither in-game nor via mail that I got the stone. I got the promo e-mail earlier. Will I be notified when the stone's available from the rewards claim agent?

I forget how, but I think you get an in-game mail that will tell you (I could be misremembering this, though).

I wasn't absolutely sure if I qualified for this Stone promo (but pretty sure I did). Then those darned pesky Cryptic Devs released the Hell Hound mount I've been waiting for for months.

All doubt about whether I qualified for this promo are officially defunct.

I HATE YOU, CRYPTIC. -pffft- LOL!
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited February 2014

This is the main issue with this offer , everybody wants the ability to participate due to the account wide augment pet being a great bonus for transferring zen into neverwinter but nobody has a clue what parameters have to have been met to qualify you to take part and this is leading to mass confusion and a lot of annoyed players , they need to just make future spender events like this open to everybody whether they have spent zen or not.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    nightspiritgnightspiritg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I buy zen every week,have never seen this e-mail, funny that people that dont spend get it and some that do spend dont get,oh well, thats just the way it goes sometimes.
This discussion has been closed.