test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Banelorne's Stealth-Based Executioner Builds: Maximize Your TR's Solo Capabilities.

Comments

• squibosquibo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hi Banelorne
    I have a question about regeneration rings and amulet
    they are kinda nerfed and now we get 407 reg from ring and its a defensive slot
    and Amulet of Fire gives 50 reg now
    So are they good? is regeneration still valid
    Jamaica
  • rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    squibo wrote: »
    Hi Banelorne

I use 2 regen rings for my general / daily quests. It makes it so I don't even pay attention to my HP bar. When it comes to boss fights it kinda depends. If you get sloppy and get hit but don't die (or soulforge kicks in) the regen is nice. If you are awesome then go for something with more offense.
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    pitshade wrote: »
    Those pretty much are what I've got. Endless Consumption seems like a really great choice. I was sort of torn between that and Madness since someone said the latter procs off of DF bleeds. However the bonus LS healing when fights go bad can make a big difference. I had picked Elven Resolve prior to going to this build, but the extra stamina regen works great with the stealth refill feat (Twilight Adept?)

Soloed normal FH the other night and had my first real challenge when it became apparent that the E. Rimefire Golem could see me. Fortunately I had ITC slotted and used it from stealth when it tried to melee me, dodging when it charged. That disrupted me enough to make it hard to stay in stealth all of the time, so I kited a lot, fought the mobs when possible and the boss when it melee'd. Both Grast and Hrimir couldn't find me, but did continually spam their AOE powers, which for Hrimir made the fight more challenging. Regardless, I only felt seriously threatened a few times in the boss fights and am definitely getting better at this.

Yeah. Endless Consumption is the best amongst all the current boons in Dread Ring. Augmented Thayan Bastion is just terrible since it has an ICD, and Rampaging Madness is sure to get fixed because it's not WAI. I'm even considering switching my T2 Dread Ring Boon from the 250 Regen to 250 Life Steal because of how effective Endless Consumption can be.

And it's nice that you had fun soloing Frozen Heart. It can be challenging indeed when you do not know what to expect, so that first experience is always fun. I'm sure you'll have even more fun as you try to solo the other heroic dungeons, and possibly some epics as well so keep it up! I've been trying to solo Epic DV myself recently since a friend of mine mentioned that he was able to solo the entire thing but took him 3 hours. I know I can solo the first 2 bosses within 25 minutes (bypass all mobs and just do the objectives), but I'm not quite sure about the last boss. I think it should be possible but it'll be pretty long.
    Hi Banelorne

Hey, Squibo. Just get the other Seal of the Executioner that has around 370-ish Regen. It will work just as well as the 470+ Regen Rings. Amulet of Fire has always been 50 Regen, but Amulet of Flame is still 119 Regen. You have to get it from Normal Karrundax as it is a BoP item. You can get it from the 2nd boss. It may take some tries but since you're a Stealth Rogue you can pull it off just fine. Until you can get the Amulet of Flame, feel free to use Occult Amulet of Youth for 110 Regen. It works okay too. Only 9 less Regen than Amulet of Fire.
    rgladiato wrote: »
    I use 2 regen rings for my general / daily quests. It makes it so I don't even pay attention to my HP bar. When it comes to boss fights it kinda depends. If you get sloppy and get hit but don't die (or soulforge kicks in) the regen is nice. If you are awesome then go for something with more offense.

Good advice, friend. When we get better in our methods in epic dungeons, we will come to a point that regen will no longer be needed as we will not get hit much. and the damage we take can be healed by potions quickly. Offensive stats like ArPen and Power will net us more rewards than Regen when that time comes.
  • xyntrynz1axyntrynz1a Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    Sooo today
    My whole party tanked while fighting the big spider in Castle Never.
    I kept my rotation going and solo'd until everyone was able to come back from the fire.
    My teammate asked over the. Voice chat
    "Xyn, are you still playing with the spiders"
    I laughed and told him to grab me a coffee on his way back

Also,
    my team was sending me down this one hallway by myself through what seemed like over a hundred skeletons.
    That was a little freaky as I had to fight solo at the end for minutes while they worked their way through the rest. We tried this to see if it would prevent the skeleton in the cur scene from summoning more skeletons.
    It didn't, but it was kind of cool that I could pull it off.

I have to get that recorded. It might be a Neverwinter record for the most question marks displayed
    :cool:

Edit add
    We were joking that I am officially the Triage Medic of our guild
    No matter what is going on, I can stop what I am doing and save a teammate in PVE who is down
    Scoundrel Trickster Rogue
    Leaving dead question marks everywhere
    edited February 2014
    xyntrynz1a wrote: »
    Sooo today
    My whole party tanked while fighting the big spider in Castle Never.
    I kept my rotation going and solo'd until everyone was able to come back from the fire.
    My teammate asked over the. Voice chat
    "Xyn, are you still playing with the spiders"
    I laughed and told him to grab me a coffee on his way back

Also,
    my team was sending me down this one hallway by myself through what seemed like over a hundred skeletons.
    That was a little freaky as I had to fight solo at the end for minutes while they worked their way through the rest. We tried this to see if it would prevent the skeleton in the cur scene from summoning more skeletons.
    It didn't, but it was kind of cool that I could pull it off.

I have to get that recorded. It might be a Neverwinter record for the most question marks displayed

Edit add
    We were joking that I am officially the Triage Medic of our guild
    No matter what is going on, I can stop what I am doing and save a teammate in PVE who is down

Hehe nice! Were you guys ring farming or something? It's great that you have a guild that likes to take things casually and have fun unlike those who prefer to speed steamroll their way with 4 CW's. Your experiences sound fun.

PS. Triage Medic ftw. :p Keep it up! Now if only we could get rid of that silly and unneeded revival sickness.
  • xyntrynz1axyntrynz1a Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    Yes we were ring farming.
    Everytime we killed the spider we did greed.
    Anyone who already got a ring, chose shift-3 and passed until all 5 of us got one.

We did have alot of fun and even coined a term
    D.I.D.
    Dive in and Die

Thats what we call it when someone charges in all Leroy Jenkins style and dies almost instantly

We use a teamspeak type program so can all chat.
    We also did GG and managed to run the Dwarf PVE at the end 4 times and got 14 Grym coins each
    edited February 2014
    Ugh. I should catch you online sometime. I'll show you a place where we can farm better rewards than CN ring farms, and potentially farm 5 of them in one hour.

And LOL at DID. What group setting did you guys use to farm GG DK 4 times? That's impressive. So far the highest I've been able to do was 3. Been trying to farm GG Coins so I can convert them to Glory once the new PVP Patch hits and our Glory Cap increases to 50k. :p
    edited February 2014
    We had a group of 5 people and immediately on killing the priest who rode the spider, we grabbed the loot from the chest, hit the portal, determined who the party leader was and re-qued ASAP.
    The same person remained the party leader each time which might have helped.
    Thats normally the case in PVE, but does not happen in PvP or GG all the time.

If we are online at the same time I am always up for a group. :)
    edited February 2014
    Awesome. I've been trying to find a group for these farming sessions myself, and it can't be just anyone because it might upset the market I'm targetting. The rewards are good and as PVE solo rogues we can farm these effectively. Can't wait. I honestly built the stealth rogue chat for this but sadly it seems most of us don't go on at the same time.

And oh, I thought you guys did Dwarf King's Crypt, the T2 GG Dungeon. So it was Fardelvers. But that's still good if you guys got that much Grym Coins.
  • jack69assjack69ass Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    hi todesfaelle.. I'm planning to role a perma-stealth TR, and this build has got my interest.. so is the build on page 1 still up-to-date?
    thx in advance :D
    edited February 2014
    Yes it is still up to date! Try it out in the Preview Server and maybe mess around with the feats to see if you'll like it. :) The experience can be fun if you are mainly a solo player.
  • jack69assjack69ass Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ok.. i just noticed 2 new portions below on the first page... so the MI is the main build, while WK is alt ya? I'm considering to create a new toon.. n as casual player, i dont think i'll be able to spend the time to try it out on preview first.. will just wing it on live :D..
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Ok, now that I got the first pvp set, I have to say this build works very nice, it's rather slow to kill big things, but very safe, I never die, and I don't think I've used any pots in like forever either.
    For solo, it's amazing, for pvp I change a bit my at wills and encounter powers, but I leave the feats, I ain't the best, but I get some nice kills on the matches.
    The only bad side is group pve content, I'm usually on the bottom of the dps list, and it's not so easy to keep stealth when the enemies keep doing melee AOE attacks to the other party members, I lose a lot of time dodging and walking away from red circles, so I can't dps as much, so sometimes I prefer to change my encounters to something more dps friendly.
    But thanks a lot for the build, it has worked very nice for me!
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • cdasnevescdasneves Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hi,
    Awesome. I've been trying to find a group for these farming sessions myself, and it can't be just anyone because it might upset the market I'm targetting. The rewards are good and as PVE solo rogues we can farm these effectively. Can't wait. I honestly built the stealth rogue chat for this but sadly it seems most of us don't go on at the same time.

Usually I try to do GG on PST Times:

Mondays 11h00 and 17h00
    Tuesdays 13h00
    Wednesdays 15h00
    Thursdays 18h00
    Fridays 11h00 and 17h00
    Saturdays 7h00
    Sundays 3h00 - 9h00 and 15h00

I am in game in general Monday to Friday from 12h00 to 17h00 with a diner break :-).
    Saturday from around 6h00 to 12h00 and Sundays from 3h00 to 17h00

I can occasionally be in dungeons with friends from another guild.

Since I live in Portugal, the time is 8 hours later than PST. I am in game either as @cdasneves or @jpearendil (my stealth TR is in this account). Got the account from a ex guild member that quit the game, and to keep 5 accounts in the guild to try to get in epic as solo, but for this I need to get another computer with Neverwinter installed.

If by any chance we are playing at the same time, feel free to ask me for a dungeon. I am waiting to be able to try an epic dungeon a stealth TR team, or dwarf king in GG. My TR is Delzoun.

A TS server would be great. If you speak slowly and forgive my mistakes in english.

Hope to see some rogues in game. :-)
    edited February 2014
    Hey, Squibo. Just get the other Seal of the Executioner that has around 370-ish Regen. It will work just as well as the 470+ Regen Rings. Amulet of Fire has always been 50 Regen, but Amulet of Flame is still 119 Regen. You have to get it from Normal Karrundax as it is a BoP item. You can get it from the 2nd boss. It may take some tries but since you're a Stealth Rogue you can pull it off just fine. Until you can get the Amulet of Flame, feel free to use Occult Amulet of Youth for 110 Regen. It works okay too. Only 9 less Regen than Amulet of Fire.

I cant find that 370 regeneration rings =/
    Jamaica
  • godlysoul1godlysoul1 Member Posts: 293 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    Pegasus seal vendor in Protectors has 407 regen ones with defense slots, and the accessories vendor next to him has ones with offense slots and 378 regen for ~45-50k AD
    edited February 2014
    cdasneves wrote: »
    Hi,

Usually I try to do GG on PST Times:

Mondays 11h00 and 17h00
    Tuesdays 13h00
    Wednesdays 15h00
    Thursdays 18h00
    Fridays 11h00 and 17h00
    Saturdays 7h00
    Sundays 3h00 - 9h00 and 15h00

I am in game in general Monday to Friday from 12h00 to 17h00 with a diner break :-).
    Saturday from around 6h00 to 12h00 and Sundays from 3h00 to 17h00

I can occasionally be in dungeons with friends from another guild.

Since I live in Portugal, the time is 8 hours later than PST. I am in game either as @cdasneves or @jpearendil (my stealth TR is in this account). Got the account from a ex guild member that quit the game, and to keep 5 accounts in the guild to try to get in epic as solo, but for this I need to get another computer with Neverwinter installed.

If by any chance we are playing at the same time, feel free to ask me for a dungeon. I am waiting to be able to try an epic dungeon a stealth TR team, or dwarf king in GG. My TR is Delzoun.

A TS server would be great. If you speak slowly and forgive my mistakes in english.

Hope to see some rogues in game. :-)

Oh don't worry. I'm not a native English speaker myself. :) If anyone can hook us up with a TS server that would be great. Sadly my PC won't be able to act as a server because it's pretty low-end for a gaming PC. I haven't updated it in years. Anyway, if I can catch you later, let's try farming for 200k - 300k AD items a pop.
    I cant find that 370 regeneration rings =/
    godlysoul1 wrote: »
    Pegasus seal vendor in Protectors has 407 regen ones with defense slots, and the accessories vendor next to him has ones with offense slots and 378 regen for ~45-50k AD

This, Squibo! :) And thanks for answering, Godlysoul1.
  • cdasnevescdasneves Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Oh don't worry. I'm not a native English speaker myself. :) If anyone can hook us up with a TS server that would be great. Sadly my PC won't be able to act as a server because it's pretty low-end for a gaming PC. I haven't updated it in years. Anyway, if I can catch you later, let's try farming for 200k - 300k AD items a pop.

I can put a TS server here on a netbook I use for this purpose. I will setup a server and give the login data. But on Saturdays and Sundays I use it with my guild until 10h00.

I will add you as a friend. My TR is Eliana@jpearendil.

Not yet stuffed (Skulker + 5 or 6 level enchants) and not yet a stone.

So I am really interested in farming to equip her.

See you.
  • elmotubbieselmotubbies Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Not sure if you mentioned it somewhere before, but what enchant artifacts and companions are you using?
    edited February 2014
    This, Squibo! :) And thanks for answering, Godlysoul1.

Thx alot guys! :D
    Jamaica
    edited February 2014
    Not sure if you mentioned it somewhere before, but what enchant artifacts and companions are you using?

It's detailed in the builds.

To gain recovery and allow you to get back into stealth Silvery's should be slotted in your offense slots.
    You want to shoot for 25% recharge speed for your encounters. If you hit that, you can then fill in remaining offense slots with something else.

I use Dark's in Utility slots for Movement
    and have Radiants in Defense or HPs.

Stone's give you the best PVE bonuses and don't cause Bosses to drop AOE.

H
    edited February 2014
    It's detailed in the builds.

To gain recovery and allow you to get back into stealth Silvery's should be slotted in your offense slots.
    You want to shoot for 25% recharge speed for your encounters. If you hit that, you can then fill in remaining offense slots with something else.

I use Dark's in Utility slots for Movement
    and have Radiants in Defense or HPs.

Stone's give you the best PVE bonuses and don't cause Bosses to drop AOE.

H

This, elmo! And thanks for taking the time to answer this, Xyn. :)

Silvers are really cheap, so you'll get good returns from them if we're looking at cost vs. effectiveness. 25% RSI is the magic number, as it'll take your BnS below 20 secs. You are free to use whatever enchants you think you need, though. This play style is that flexible, to the point that you can just model it to become something that better suits your preferred sneaky play style.

Feel free to explore and find that correct balance. But so far the only important parts are basically this.

RSI = 25%
    Crit = As near to 50% as possible. Do not go past 50%.
    ArP = 24% (2540 ArP)

Once you reach those caps, you can opt to go for Power for more damage, Recovery for a bigger room for error, or you can go for stuff like Tenebrous if you have them for some burst in PVP. You are free to personalize your stealth rogue however you wish. There is not one optimal stealth build as they can all result to something that tackles a different goal.

For Artifacts and Companions, I haven't done those parts yet. But so far you only need an Augment companion, and maybe a Lightfoot Thief if you can get one from Sword Coast Adventures. I only have an Ioun Stone of Allure so far, but I'm saving up to buy a Cat and an Ioun Stone of Might as well. I figured I can use more Augment companions for a wide variety of tasks. When I need to run fast, I summon an Augment Companion that has gear that helps me run faster. When I need more offense, I can summon a companion that will give me the stats to boost my DPS.

The reason why I'm going for Augment companions rather than companions with unique Active Companion Bonuses is mainly because most ACB's in the game are inherently useless for us and far too situational or their bonuses are not reliable due to small proc chances.

For artifacts, you'll want... ummm... I know this is a lazy answer but just take anything that will help you hit your stat caps. The only artifact with an effect I like so far is the Lantern of Revelation and I have it slotted for PVE. I also have Raven Skull for its regen and recovery, stamina regen bonuses and I slot it for PVP. The good thing about Artifacts is that they help us hit our stat caps much easier, allowing us more flexibility in gearing up.

Sorry if I'm giving out answers that may be vague. This is mainly because there's not one correct answer for the "best" enchants, companions or artifacts. In the end it will all depend on what you want your stealth rogue to excel in.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    For both of my rogues, the MI that uses the build on a page 1 and my whisperknife, I chose the Waters artifact. Rogue items have a ton of critical strike, so the primary stat of the Lantern just pushes into Diminishing Returns for the most part. At the moment she has the skulker set, 2xAncient Berserker Rings and the Ancient Weapon set and is sitting at 48% crit chance (blame poor intial stat choices for not being able to hit 50%) My WK has also moved to the skulker set. She's solo only and was fine in the Scavenger set, but that won't be viable much longer. The second stat for the Lantern is armor pen, which the skulker set gives a lot of. My rogues are right around 24% for that, using Ancient Berserker rings for the MI and blue Piercing Berserker for the Wk. I think the final stat is combat advantage, which is clearly worth having. If I ever have the chance, a lantern would be a good choice for their second artifacts.

The Waters gives recovery, which as mentioned above is a great stat for a soloing rogue, stealth or otherwise - my WK is just a standard Executioner. Neither is anywhere close to diminishing returns. Second stat is defense, which neither of my TRs have anywhere close to DRet and is always a good safety net. Third stat is Regen, which coupled with the good amount of Life Steal makes them very survivable. They're always healing whether attacking or not - great for when you have to keep your distance to let powers cool down or stealth refill.

As for companions, I have both $60 packs and the dire wolf and slyph companions are both useful. DF procs the interrupt a lot, and the reduction on control time can be great when you get caught off guard. The slyph also increases your own control duration, making smoke bomb, dazing strike and the stealthed effect of shadow strike even better. My MI rogue also has a will o wisp, for even longer durations on her CC powers. The MI has a stone of allure. Otherwise, they're just using an unoptimized mix of free, event and promotional companions.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    edited February 2014
    Great input, Pitshade. I honestly didn't think of using the CC Increase ACB pets. I think the idea seems plausible since Smokebomb is a really good CC skill. Maybe adding a Wisp and the Cantankerous Mage would further increase the duration of these CC effects by a significant amount. Overall I like the idea.
  • kemirkemir Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hi. Im just returning to game after long break(liek month before Ranger was relased) and tish build picked my interest. I always lowed sneaky characters so i tought it would be ideal for me. Testing it as soon as i re-download game.
    Just one quick question about Action Advenatge feat: is it rly good? From what i recall it gives very small bonus too AP gain. At 1st i was tough it very good -10% seemed a lot to me, but as i get 5 points in it i didynt noticed much difference in ap gain. Well maybe i was wrong, and that was some time ago so things might changed. So how it is now?

And oen more thing - io noticed some ppl are gathering grups here. Would it be possible for fresh lv 60 rogue to join? Solo play is nice but runing in party from time to time is not bad either;p
    edited February 2014
    The action Rush procs all the time and does give you a good boost in AP.

If you look at some of the vids I posted, I think you will see it flash and then see how quick the AP goes up.

My AP gain is very fast, which, on a TR, is impressive as we have the slowest buildup in the game I believe.
  • brazennlbrazennl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited February 2014
    Trent82: Trent82 has explored an alternative stat setup for playing the Stealth Rogue, particularly by stacking Recovery as the priority stat. He has achieved a build that allows more room for error, and gives him a quicker means to pop Lurker's Assault faster which inherently increases his overall damage output in dungeons. More info on his posts!

l0th4ri0: l0th4ri0 is one avid contributor towards our small stealth TR community. He has discussed some of the most viable ways to effortlessly level up your stealth TR much faster, particularly by using Regen gear when questing. He has also discussed some of his dungeon delving strategies and play styles using his variant Saboteur Stealth TR build which specs into the Sab Tree instead of our usual Executioner Tree. Read more on his posts by clicking his name!

Klixan: Klixan, like l0th4ri0, has discussed her strategies on leveling your TR much quicker. She attested to the effectiveness of Regen gear while leveling, and included some of her experiences in narrated format. A read that's well worth it so click her name!

I was interested in reading these, but clicking on the names didn't give the expected results.

E: btw, how does the Whisperknife stay in stealth? I understand the Gloaming Cut version, but don't understand the WK's way, yet.
    edited February 2014
    same as the MI just without Gloaming cut
    Bait n Switch and Shadow Strike and good recovery

They don't have anything like Gloaming Cut to help
    edited February 2014
    kemir wrote: »
    Hi. Im just returning to game after long break(liek month before Ranger was relased) and tish build picked my interest. I always lowed sneaky characters so i tought it would be ideal for me. Testing it as soon as i re-download game.
    Just one quick question about Action Advenatge feat: is it rly good? From what i recall it gives very small bonus too AP gain. At 1st i was tough it very good -10% seemed a lot to me, but as i get 5 points in it i didynt noticed much difference in ap gain. Well maybe i was wrong, and that was some time ago so things might changed. So how it is now?

And oen more thing - io noticed some ppl are gathering grups here. Would it be possible for fresh lv 60 rogue to join? Solo play is nice but runing in party from time to time is not bad either;p

Hey, man. Welcome back to the game. And like Xyn mentioned, Action Advantage can be a reliable way to gain AP if you are playing as a Scoundrel. You may wish to refer to Xyn's guide for more details about a Sneaky Scoundrel sort of build.

And sure thing! Just join our TR channel (details are on the top of page 1). We currently do not have much members but in time we should get enough for a couple of runs. I myself have been short on time again lately on playing the game because of work, but we should be able to organize groups in there.
    brazennl wrote: »
    I was interested in reading these, but clicking on the names didn't give the expected results.

E: btw, how does the Whisperknife stay in stealth? I understand the Gloaming Cut version, but don't understand the WK's way, yet.

Hey, Brazennl! Whisperknives rely on Twilight Adept (10% Stealth per Dodge) + Nimble Dodge (10% Less Stamina Per Dodge, 20% Less when in Stealth) as well as Improved Cunning Sneak (20% more Stealth) and Battlefield Skulker's 4 Piece Effect (25% more Stealth).

Whisperknives need to dodge whenever they have the Stamina to do so. This will extend their time in Stealth, allowing their Shadow Strike and BnS to reduce their cooldowns and prepare them for use before their Stealth ends. It's doable to maintain Stealth even without Gloaming Cut.
    same as the MI just without Gloaming cut
    Bait n Switch and Shadow Strike and good recovery

They don't have anything like Gloaming Cut to help

And Xyn, great help once more! Thanks for subbing for me and answering while I wasn't able to see these messages.
    edited February 2014
    Hey, guys. Just a quick update.

So I've been crunching numbers lately, and been doing a LOT of them. I think I might have found a reliable way of getting rid of our supposed DPS problem. If I did my math right, I think it's safe to say that we'll be hitting a whole lot harder than before with this stat balance I've been trying to figure out. It should be a difference significant enough to the point of it being noticeable.

Keep your eyes peeled for more details. It may also be a bit slow, so I'm sorry in advance if by any chance I take too much time in figuring it out. I'm currently in the process of completing a non-IV GWF build that, in theory, should be able to get a 100% damage immunity uptime, and my GF build is currently on a process of improving its stat balance as well. I'm that much of a build-a-holic. :(