test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Banelorne's Stealth-Based Executioner Builds: Maximize Your TR's Solo Capabilities.

Comments

• todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    andferne3 wrote: »
    Was able to solo the first boss in MC tonight. That was actually a lot of fun. Time consuming, but fun. lol

Looking forward to this Rogue channel, and will be checking out your guides for WK and your GF one.

GJ, man. It's fun, right? It may be a long process, but the feeling of being able to take down a big baddie by yourself is just awesome.

And gotcha. I have the channel set up on private. I'll be posting an announcement on my signature (the one that's always below my posts) later about the details for joining. I have it in private and would like it to be as pure as possible, where only stealth rogues and permas should be able to enter. Hopefully we can uphold that.
    How u guys avoid ppl who stay inside dungeon w8 for the loot?

Take 4 friends with you with alts in dungeons. Have them party with you with their alts, then go in the dungeon. Then after that, they can stay, or they can change their characters and play without using their alts. The disconnected alts should remain in your party. Or you can just have 1 friend and keep vote-kicking people as long as you have the leadership. You can't do it alone anymore. We used to be able to do it, but not anymore.
    edited January 2014
    andferne3 wrote: »
    Was able to solo the first boss in MC tonight. That was actually a lot of fun. Time consuming, but fun. lol

Looking forward to this Rogue channel, and will be checking out your guides for WK and your GF one.

GJ, man. It's fun, right? It may be a long process, but the feeling of being able to take down a big baddie by yourself is just awesome.

And gotcha. I have the channel set up on private. I'll be posting an announcement on my signature (the one that's always below my posts) later about the details for joining. I have it in private and would like it to be as pure as possible, where only stealth rogues and permas should be able to enter. Hopefully we can uphold that.
    How u guys avoid ppl who stay inside dungeon w8 for the loot?

Take 4 friends with you with alts in dungeons. Have them party with you with their alts, then go in the dungeon. Then after that, they can stay, or they can change their characters and play without using their alts. The disconnected alts should remain in your party. Or you can just have 1 friend and keep vote-kicking people as long as you have the leadership. You can't do it alone anymore. We used to be able to do it, but not anymore.
  • shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    You allowing perma-WKs? :)
  • xyntrynz1axyntrynz1a Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    In PVE Soulforged would be a waste now.
    Hell, I can do a full run without using a single health potion
    :cool:

I am curious on how effective that is for PVP and how it applies to your deaths and your opponents kills?

Even after today's patch, the Elven doesn't do squat in PVP.

I actually respec'd one more time just for giggles and went full Scoudrel with all my ability points put into Stealth and Dex.
    In PVE, combined with the Battlefield Skulker gear, I am a beast.
    If I can talk to coordinate with at least one other player, I can be an extreme PITA in PVP.
    Today me and my Coworker went 7500 and 6000 to take the top 2 spots and team win. He is a HR and holy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> did we complement each other really well.

Here is my current Build. It works soooooooo Well.

XynTrynZia.jpg

Feats.jpg
    Scoundrel Trickster Rogue
    Leaving dead question marks everywhere
    edited January 2014
    Wow, I never thought I'd see someone else who would try to combine Sneaky Stabber with Scoundrel. Kudos for finding this unique load out! :p I'm also using one, but only in the Preview Server so far, just like most of the alternative builds I test. It's actually one of the alternative builds I was hoping to release at a later point in time after I test him with some more with the Master Duelist set. The one I have in the works is basically a build that can change roles based on what set you are using. Master Duelist for a tanky Daily Spammer type of build, or you can go all sneaky again with Battlefield Skulker. A hybrid, as I like to call it.

So you're aiming for as much flat damage and AP gain as possible right? What is your encounter setup? Overall, I like its uniqueness. Scoundrel and Stealth usually do not get along but it seems it's working great for you. I'm not sure if we're using the same skill load out but here's what I do for mine.

At-Wills: Gloaming Cut, Cloud of Steel.
    Encounters: Impact Shot, Shadow Strike, Impossible to Catch.
    Class Features: Tactics, Sneak Attack.
    Dailies: Lurker's Assault, Shocking Execution.

Since you are using the Scoundrel Capstone Feat which will increase your damage by 15% the first time you use an encounter after going out of Stealth, Impact Shot will be perfect for this build, since its activation time is instantaneous and it has multiple charges you can use while in stealth and outside. You can use Impact Shot to hit your enemy while you are in Stealth, and after you go out of Stealth, pop another Impact Shot for one that has an increased 15% damage. Then keep spamming the last 2 charges of Impact Shot for more DPS.

After which, you can use ITC then Shadow Strike to go back into Stealth and wait for your Impact Shot charges to replenish while you cut down your opponent slowly via Gloaming Cut, or chuck daggers at them with Cloud of Steel. Can be pretty crazy in PVP. :p

And as for Soulforged, it's pretty useful in PVP. Although we are in Stealth a lot, there are an increasing number of experienced players who are learning how to deal with us in PVP. Some will be able to find us legitimately, some will use bugs. Either way, we will sometimes die in PVP, although it's pretty rare. Soulforged helps a lot in those situations.
    edited January 2014
    shadow5930 wrote: »
    You allowing perma-WKs? :)

All sneaky TR's would be more than welcome. Can't wait to play with you guys!
  • cdasnevescdasneves Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hi.

I want to thank you all for all the useful hints/builds/strategies you post here about the TR.
    I have now a Perma-MI TR witch I play with and it's really incredible how it's easy to play with in pve.
    I did not try any epic dungeon yet and for the 3 I've done solo in mromal mode, I failed only with Idris.

I'm waiting for the WK guide to see what can be done to increase the damage we deal.

Thanks again for everything you do and would gladly join for any dungeon run with rogues.

See you.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've found that I can usually do ok with my Master Duelist set, though I've almost finished farming the GG set. Now I'm left hoping that the changes to the PVP set won't make the effort worthless. I should have the last piece (helmet) in two more GG sessions if I'm lucky. Going to hold on to my existing set until the changes to the GG set are finalized though.

Still liking the build for solo boss fights, though I usually don't bother trying to stay in stealth for anything else - sly flourish and duelist's rather than gloaming cut works fine on trash in Dread Ring.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    edited January 2014
    pitshade wrote: »
    I've found that I can usually do ok with my Master Duelist set, though I've almost finished farming the GG set. Now I'm left hoping that the changes to the PVP set won't make the effort worthless. I should have the last piece (helmet) in two more GG sessions if I'm lucky. Going to hold on to my existing set until the changes to the GG set are finalized though.

Still liking the build for solo boss fights, though I usually don't bother trying to stay in stealth for anything else - sly flourish and duelist's rather than gloaming cut works fine on trash in Dread Ring.

It definitely will not make your efforts worthless, Pitshade. No matter what stat combination the GG sets will have, what we want there is the +25% extra stealth 4 pc bonus. That is a bonus we can never get from any stat no matter what. :) I for one am hoping that we'd get an alternative Skulker set with Recovery in it!
    edited January 2014
    cdasneves wrote: »
    Hi.

I want to thank you all for all the useful hints/builds/strategies you post here about the TR.
    I have now a Perma-MI TR witch I play with and it's really incredible how it's easy to play with in pve.
    I did not try any epic dungeon yet and for the 3 I've done solo in mromal mode, I failed only with Idris.

I'm waiting for the WK guide to see what can be done to increase the damage we deal.

Thanks again for everything you do and would gladly join for any dungeon run with rogues.

See you.

Hey, man. I'm glad the guide helped you. You should really try out Epic Dungeons when you can. But once we get people in the Channel, let's go on a 5-man TR run. :p There are a LOT of other cool stuff we can do that's not yet listed in the guide but I will eventually write them down. Just don't have the time yet.
  • xyntrynz1axyntrynz1a Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Wow, I never thought I'd see someone else who would try to combine Sneaky Stabber with Scoundrel. Kudos for finding this unique load out! :p I'm also using one, but only in the Preview Server so far, just like most of the alternative builds I test. It's actually one of the alternative builds I was hoping to release at a later point in time after I test him with some more with the Master Duelist set. The one I have in the works is basically a build that can change roles based on what set you are using. Master Duelist for a tanky Daily Spammer type of build, or you can go all sneaky again with Battlefield Skulker. A hybrid, as I like to call it.

So you're aiming for as much flat damage and AP gain as possible right? What is your encounter setup? Overall, I like its uniqueness. Scoundrel and Stealth usually do not get along but it seems it's working great for you. I'm not sure if we're using the same skill load out but here's what I do for mine.

Encounters: Impact Shot, Shadow Strike, Impossible to Catch.

Since you are using the Scoundrel Capstone Feat which will increase your damage by 15% the first time you use an encounter after going out of Stealth, Impact Shot will be perfect for this build, since its activation time is instantaneous and it has multiple charges you can use while in stealth and outside. You can use Impact Shot to hit your enemy while you are in Stealth, and after you go out of Stealth, pop another Impact Shot for one that has an increased 15% damage. Then keep spamming the last 2 charges of Impact Shot for more DPS.

After which, you can use ITC then Shadow Strike to go back into Stealth and wait for your Impact Shot charges to replenish while you cut down your opponent slowly via Gloaming Cut, or chuck daggers at them with Cloud of Steel. Can be pretty crazy in PVP. :p

And as for Soulforged, it's pretty useful in PVP. Although we are in Stealth a lot, there are an increasing number of experienced players who are learning how to deal with us in PVP. Some will be able to find us legitimately, some will use bugs. Either way, we will sometimes die in PVP, although it's pretty rare. Soulforged helps a lot in those situations.

I am pretty amazed with how well this combination is working.
    I solo'd Grimak with zero effort

My At Wills Encounters and Daily's are really close
    I use this

Encounters: Bait and Switch, Impact Shot or Impossible to Catch, Shadow Strike,

For PVE, I use Impact Shot for all the non bosses and ITC with the Boss.
    My recovery is almost at 2000 now so I might be able to drop Bait and switch and still be able to Perma Stealth

I did not realize that is how the 3 charges of Impact Shot worked. Holy cow, that is going to be some major Damage and really change up PVP.
    It does knock out of stealth though, so you have to be ready with SS

I had some very good PVP games today. I have less than 4000 Glory to get my Raven's head. I had extra AD when I sold the Elven Enchantment and found a really cheap water artifact.

I have a Full Master Assassin's gear set I can swap
    edited January 2014
    You'll be amazed at what other stuff you can solo. Just wait til you experience doing it on the boss in Gauntlgrym's Fardelver Crypts, or even epic dungeons like Grey Wolf Den or Pirate King, and lots more in store for you. Although the process may be slow, it does prevent party wiping specially when the DC dies.

And yes, Impact Shot does take you out of Stealth. But since you are a Scoundrel, this is actually a good thing for you since the next Impact Shot you use once you are out of Stealth will deal 15% more damage. So best to use Impact Shot when you have ITC ready to defend you against damage and CC, and SS to regain Stealth again.

Grats on the Waters artifact btw. It's a good one specially when it reaches purple tier! Good luck with your Raven Skull and I hope you get it soon, Xyn!
    edited January 2014
    Small Updates:
    - Added an Ioun Stone section in the guide, will be moving contributor's corner in another post, and will also be adding details to the Stealth Rogue Channel as soon as possible.
    - Added the first few parts of the Whisperknife Stealth Build. Gear section is still in the works, but it's pretty much the same anyway. It has a rough description of its purpose in the 5-man TR party.

Edit: PS. Check this out, guys.

1655905_744222398923072_187022735_n.jpg

Got it from Preview. This is the new T2.5 PVP set. Although it lacks stats compared to PVE sets, 30% extra stealth? The future is looking bright for us, gentlemen.

All the new T2.5 sets are awesome. I haven't seen the set for GWF's yet but so far, for all the other 5 classes including us, the sets are awesome. They have higher stat values than T2's, and the potency of the 4pc effects has had their potency increased by a flat 5%. GF's get 30% extra Guard and run 12.5% faster, and CW's get 35% RSI on Mastery.

It is now incredibly possible for CW's to get 100% RSI for Mastery by getting raw 61% RSI from Ability Scores and Gear, 35% from the 4pc bonus, and +4% from Elixir of Fate and Campfire bonus. My CW is currently built to make full use out of her Mastery encounters by slashing their CD to values as low as possible, but I never thought I'd see the day I could get 100% on my Mastery. 102% if I use a Potion of Heroism. Man this PVP patch will be awesome! Can't wait to use a 5 second Sudden Storm, 9 second SotEA or Icy Rays, or even a 6.5 second hard-hitting Chill Strike. So many awesome stuff in store for us!
    edited January 2014
    So i played a couple PVP games before going out for dinner tonight

I started off with

At-Wills: Sly flourish, Cloud of Steel.
    Encounters: Bait and Switch, Impact Shot, Shadow Strike,
    Class Features: Tactics, Skillful Infiltrator

After getting caught by a CW and killed real quick, i swapped BnS for ITC
    After starting the match
    0-1-0
    I ended up
    10-2-8
    Almost hit 4000 points was top player and our team won

I kept this build and next game was 3-5-16 but was top point scorer on the team and we won again
    I went negative K/D because I was a little aggressive and sacrificed myself to distract sometimes 3-5 of the other team while my team captured one or both of the other caps

I then played a little more subtle and broke 2000 every game onward with positive K/D and double digit assists.

impact Shot in PvP is amazing. It really is a game changer when used as a scoundrel and with ITC surprises the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of an HR when you break thru their vines and hit them with 20k+ damage from 30-40'

One match I played against a really good WK. He was awesome with Vengeance Dagger. Watching him teleport across the map looked really cool

5% more stealth, thats insane!!
    How do you earn that armor?
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Screenshots: The Solo Dungeon Challenge.

Upcoming Solo Runs:
    • The Dread Vaults
    One does not simply solo Dread Vault with all those broken tentacles and two mini bosses.
    Especially when a Pit Fiend spawns and screws you with the imps that just see your through stealth :D
    edited January 2014
    xyntrynz1a wrote: »
    So i played a couple PVP games before going out for dinner tonight

I started off with

At-Wills: Sly flourish, Cloud of Steel.
    Encounters: Bait and Switch, Impact Shot, Shadow Strike,
    Class Features: Tactics, Skillful Infiltrator

After getting caught by a CW and killed real quick, i swapped BnS for ITC
    After starting the match
    0-1-0
    I ended up
    10-2-8
    Almost hit 4000 points was top player and our team won

I kept this build and next game was 3-5-16 but was top point scorer on the team and we won again
    I went negative K/D because I was a little aggressive and sacrificed myself to distract sometimes 3-5 of the other team while my team captured one or both of the other caps

I then played a little more subtle and broke 2000 every game onward with positive K/D and double digit assists.

impact Shot in PvP is amazing. It really is a game changer when used as a scoundrel and with ITC surprises the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of an HR when you break thru their vines and hit them with 20k+ damage from 30-40'

One match I played against a really good WK. He was awesome with Vengeance Dagger. Watching him teleport across the map looked really cool

5% more stealth, thats insane!!
    How do you earn that armor?

Woot! Awesome, seems you're getting the hang of it bit by bit. You should be able to see some really good TR's that use the same skills ITC/SS/IS, from big guilds PVP guilds like Essence of Aggression or Enemy Team. Maybe you can pick up some stuff by watching them play or fighting against them. Kills from mid-distance, with relative safety from melee fighters. It can be pretty OP once mastered.

And WK's look cool don't they? Teleporting across maps with their 0 CD encounter. Sadly, I'm not so sure how they'll fare in higher-tiered PVP matches, specially since the Elo Matchmaking System for PVP will be implemented after some more testing in Preview. Would be great if we could see some killer WK's out there! Haven't met one yet, as per my experience.

And the new PVP T2.5 Set, not yet sure how we'll be earning this armor, but right now in Preview, it is being sold for Glory. I'll be collecting tons of Glory in Live just to prepare for this new set. :p
    vasdamas wrote: »
    One does not simply solo Dread Vault with all those broken tentacles and two mini bosses.
    Especially when a Pit Fiend spawns and screws you with the imps that just see your through stealth :D

Very true, friend. There's also the Intellect Devourers who can see through stealth. But it's not entirely impossible. Someone might be crazy enough to go through more than 4 hours of trying to beat that last boss room. :p Just that last room. But I for one know it won't be me.
  • kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Wow! Must check on preview to find this armor.
    edited January 2014
    Thats sweet.
    I just burned all my glory so I will need to start saving again
    But
    24,000 glory got me the Raven Head
    WoooooooT!!
    edited January 2014
    It definitely will not make your efforts worthless, Pitshade. No matter what stat combination the GG sets will have, what we want there is the +25% extra stealth 4 pc bonus. That is a bonus we can never get from any stat no matter what. :) I for one am hoping that we'd get an alternative Skulker set with Recovery in it!
    I got the last piece a little while ago. The last run was brutal, the party splitting up, someone quitting (fortunately the queue provided a replacement) and at least two people dying in the boss fight. I kept my cool though and downed the boss. The bad run just made getting that last piece all the sweeter though.

Now the big thing is rebalancing my stats. The duelist set didn't have armor pen or lifesteal, so equipping skulkers shot my stats up well over the soft caps, around 3500+ armor pen and 2200 or so life steal. Given that every enchantment in an offense slot was a dark, two armor pen runestones on my stone, dark enchants in defense slots. I've got a lot of work to fill those slots again. My old resistance ignored was 24%, now it's back down to 24.3%, so that's acceptable. Lifesteal is still high, but I'm going to respec and change the DR boon from that to regen and save my two ancient rings (berserker?) I need to decide how much crit is enough. I've slotted some azures and have 3600, not sure if that's over the soft cap and that power would be better. Also lost around 300 recovery, but with the extra stealth, not sure if that matters. Otherwise everything can go into power.

It's good to see that they're making new sets instead of changing the old. Besides my MI, I've got a less geared WK that is using the current glory set and a GWF that is using the GG set until I can get the AOW gloves.
    edited January 2014
    I played a WK for a while. It was fun, but my style works better with this setup.
    Even with it nerfed Shocking execution does way more damage then the highest daily the WK has.
    Ive been saving that when my action points fill for a kill
    Impact shot from stealth, then 2 more IS followed by SE which adds all the damage I just did from IS
    Thats allowed me to take down some tanks
    edited January 2014
    Very true, friend. There's also the Intellect Devourers who can see through stealth. But it's not entirely impossible. Someone might be crazy enough to go through more than 4 hours of trying to beat that last boss room. :p Just that last room. But I for one know it won't be me.
    Well, me and my clannie other perma stealth rogue duo'd it 3 days ago :P

Atm I want to gather a party of 5 rogues and stealth dracolich in CN to hell :D
    edited January 2014
    kozi001 wrote: »
    Wow! Must check on preview to find this armor.

The prices should still be subject to change! But if you got the glory to buy them, I would GREATLY appreciate a screenshot of how the set looks. :D
    Thats sweet.
    I just burned all my glory so I will need to start saving again
    But
    24,000 glory got me the Raven Head
    WoooooooT!!

Awesome! Grats, Xyn! Raven Skull is awesome.
    pitshade wrote: »
    I got the last piece a little while ago. The last run was brutal, the party splitting up, someone quitting (fortunately the queue provided a replacement) and at least two people dying in the boss fight. I kept my cool though and downed the boss. The bad run just made getting that last piece all the sweeter though.

Now the big thing is rebalancing my stats. The duelist set didn't have armor pen or lifesteal, so equipping skulkers shot my stats up well over the soft caps, around 3500+ armor pen and 2200 or so life steal. Given that every enchantment in an offense slot was a dark, two armor pen runestones on my stone, dark enchants in defense slots. I've got a lot of work to fill those slots again. My old resistance ignored was 24%, now it's back down to 24.3%, so that's acceptable. Lifesteal is still high, but I'm going to respec and change the DR boon from that to regen and save my two ancient rings (berserker?) I need to decide how much crit is enough. I've slotted some azures and have 3600, not sure if that's over the soft cap and that power would be better. Also lost around 300 recovery, but with the extra stealth, not sure if that matters. Otherwise everything can go into power.

It's good to see that they're making new sets instead of changing the old. Besides my MI, I've got a less geared WK that is using the current glory set and a GWF that is using the GG set until I can get the AOW gloves.

Congrats, man! Glad you have your Skulkers now! Were you guys running DK that time? Or did you solo the Fardelvers boss? Nonetheless, that Skulker set will be a game changer. As for crit, it has a very early DR. It starts at around 2.5k (15.5%), and the max you'll want to get your crit to will be 4340 (20%), if you really want to stack crit that much. Though I think your crit is in a good spot now. Power would net you more returns.

And yeah, I'm also glad they're making new sets. Can't wait to see the stats of the 2 remaining sets. But the part I like the most about the set is the 5% extra Stealth we'll be getting since it now has 30% more Stealth. Increased room for error, more refills from Twilight Adept and Gloaming Cut!
    I played a WK for a while. It was fun, but my style works better with this setup.
    Even with it nerfed Shocking execution does way more damage then the highest daily the WK has.
    Ive been saving that when my action points fill for a kill
    Impact shot from stealth, then 2 more IS followed by SE which adds all the damage I just did from IS
    Thats allowed me to take down some tanks

Seems you're having a blast in PVP. Once you guys join the Stealth TR Channel, let's play PVP sometime.
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Well, me and my clannie other perma stealth rogue duo'd it 3 days ago :P

Atm I want to gather a party of 5 rogues and stealth dracolich in CN to hell :D

Haha Vas that will be SO hard. I can't imagine how it will turn out but it sounds fun. And nice that you and your clannie duoed it. How did it go?
    edited January 2014
    Haha Vas that will be SO hard. I can't imagine how it will turn out but it sounds fun. And nice that you and your clannie duoed it. How did it go?

Done it right before server went down for maintenance (5 minutes) and wasted 20 kits which means 20 attempts. It was terrible, I guess ? :D Wouldn't be so hard if those tentacles didn't oneshot me to hell.
    And my partner simply kited all the adds around the map while I was scratching the Elder Brain. Then I pushed the first hallucination boss off the platform with impact shots as he has no Unstoppable and simply killed the 2nd one, which was hard. Would be much easier if I had whisper knife build though...
    edited January 2014
    Haha I would've been massively surprised if you guys pulled it off! And yep, if you guys had Whisperknives in there, you could have range-killed mini-bosses. And maybe have one TR tank/kite, while MI Stealth deal with mini-bosses and Elder Brain.

I just made the channel btw. I'll be posting it on a specific section of the guide. But for now, here's the channel name. I'm looking forward to seeing all of you Stealth Rogues.

Stealth_TR_Community - This is the channel name. Join!
    edited January 2014
    I missed the channel discussion.
    Is that in game or for Raidcall, teamspeak or ventrillo
    edited January 2014
    It's an in-game channel, bro. Type this in your chat bar.

/Channel_Join Stealth_TR_Community

And it should allow you to chat in the channel. I'll try to get on later or tomorrow! And I'll start writing the details for the Stealth TR channel in the guide later. I'll talk to you all soon. :)
  • zoom5zoom5 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hello guys, finally got around to going back and working on my poor neglected TR. She was my first character and never really had a "build" just whatever looked good while leveling. So I decided to try out your stealth build, the first one. Wow, this is like cheating :D Great job, really glad you took the time to put this all together, Thanks.
    edited January 2014
    Congrats, man! Glad you have your Skulkers now! Were you guys running DK that time? Or did you solo the Fardelvers boss? Nonetheless, that Skulker set will be a game changer. As for crit, it has a very early DR. It starts at around 2.5k (15.5%), and the max you'll want to get your crit to will be 4340 (20%), if you really want to stack crit that much. Though I think your crit is in a good spot now. Power would net you more returns.
    It was FC. I ran DK once but it must take a special party to get more than one run in, so after that I stuck to the t1.

I left the crit around 3.6k and used radiants in the rest of my offense slots and put two of empowered?(power runestone) 6s in my stone. I may want to go back and work on the items on the stone, but what I've got seems to be doing ok at the moment. Did a shakedown by running normal PK last night and everything worked out well. I could probably use a bit more recovery. Shadowstrike was cooling down before I ran out of stealth, but there wasn't much margin for error. With this set, i could use dualist flurry and gloaming, instead of just gloaming. Only needed BaS a few times, mostly just used it to refill my AP. That was necessary with Blackdagger, because of his AOE life drain. I needed to use lurkers when attacking him, get in, duelists, get out. BaS and then while he fought the dummy, I pruned the adds. Only kink the whole time was Thickgristle leashing for some reason and healing to full health. I guess his AI went out of combat or something. I used lurkers and burned him as fast as possible after that.

This was a great moment for me. I really sucked leveling this character up, constantly running to guildmates for help doing the solo lairs. Once I have time, I'll look for harder fare than PK.
    And yeah, I'm also glad they're making new sets. Can't wait to see the stats of the 2 remaining sets. But the part I like the most about the set is the 5% extra Stealth we'll be getting since it now has 30% more Stealth. Increased room for error, more refills from Twilight Adept and Gloaming Cut!
    It never dawned on me until just now that gloaming and adept would be better with a higher stealth reservoir. But yeah, since they replenish based on a percentage, that would explain why it was so much less work to stay stealthed last night.

I do have to say that the skulkers chest does't look that good to me. I blew 51k AD transmuting to a blue armor.
    edited January 2014
    Just got into SP and soloed Aboleth for some blue geared pugs that got stuck in the end. They Needed all the loot after I killed the boss though.
    Well, at least some of them said TY lol
  • jburrowjburrow Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hey! So I have been thinking of picking up or rerolling a TR again. I have 5 60s and the TR was the first toon. He is pretty PvE stacked, but since the changes to the TR he just doesn't cut it in PvP much anymore. Question: is this build still viable and will it continue to be viable? Thanks for your input and for what you have done for the TR community.