test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvP Leavers Feedback Thread

Comments

• benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    twstdecho wrote: »
    Who cares why someone wants to play PvP. You should be happy that there is a reason to get more people into the PvP queue as it exposes more people to something they might not play on their own, and they might like it. Keep that in mind when you make their intro into PvP a miserable experience and then wonder why, down the road, the PvP community is so small.

If the match making system works, when module 3 comes out, then those fresh 60 PvP people end up facing off against one another and working their way up. It breeds better competition, eases people into PvP and lets them hone their skills instead of just using them as fodder and tossing them aside.

I think the problem is that people are queuing for PVP who don't actually have any interest in PVPing. They don't even try to fight they just give up and beg for the other team to let them cap points so they can get free glory. They are joining matches ONLY for the reward, they aren't really interested in playing against other players.
  • vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    forponie wrote: »
    my team we were mostly fresh lvl 60s (mostly blue gear etc)
    And the opponents were fully plated shiny god **** knights of glory.
    We. Got. 0. Glory.
    No rewards. 0 glory. for almost 40min of PvP.

Fresh lvl 60 vs P2W premade, and still willing to remain in the pvp session, still refusing to leave, being valiant and inventive and clever.
    Yes obviously they should have got some glory. Argualbly they should have received MORE glory than the opposing P2W premade.

What lesson can learn this unfortunate guy here? Only one: leaving early will save you 40 minutes.
    English is not my first language.
  • twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    benskix2 wrote: »
    I think the problem is that people are queuing for PVP who don't actually have any interest in PVPing. They don't even try to fight they just give up and beg for the other team to let them cap points so they can get free glory. They are joining matches ONLY for the reward, they aren't really interested in playing against other players.

Rewards are vastly greater for the winner. If they stood a chance at a fair fight, they would have incentive to actually fight and try to win. Having an effective match making system would correct this. The problem is the people and their motivation, the problem is a lack of matchmaking and severely unbalanced matches.
  • twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    Here's an idea...

Glory reward based on the following criteria:

Points earned during play

Players on your team at the end of a match

Gear Score differential

With some basic formula like:

Points Earned*(5/# of Players on Team)*(avg opponent GS/avg team GS)+Bonus points for winning etc.

Now, there would have to be modifiers added to cap the range of Glory awarded, but you end up recognizing gear score difference (or ranking if a ladder should be implemented) and numbers disadvantages if people leave, and giving a boost to lower gear scored players who stick around and fight against higher geared teams. Also, it reduces the incentive for premades to go looking for pug's to stomp into the ground.
  • dr132dr132 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    well luckily there are plans to add in a Elo ranking system for matchmaking in the upcoming pvp update.
  • vullonvullon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Why not distribute glory based on how well you perform during that match.
    - People will always try and do their best.
    - Bots won't get many points because they dont do that much.
    - Even if your team does lose, the players that tried the hardest are rewarded.
    - If you can't rely on your team to do well, at least you will be rewarded for how well you did.
    - People won't quit half as much because they have reason to continue.

and also give alittle more to the winning team.
  • frontsidebluntfrontsideblunt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Those are soulforge enchantments which auto-ress players once per 3 mins at death. Pvp artifact is what makes hp go up from 10% to 100% at max level (hp will be temporary tho, so in yellow).
    They made it so that below 500 pts (I think its 500, though not sure), there is no glory granted coz of bots. But yes, it is a major turn down for pvp. I sometimes wonder whether it wouldn't be more fair if granted glory was calculated on the basis of such stats as get scored for dungeon runs - dmg dealt, dmg tanked, amount of heals done...

I play a GF in PvP and I would like nothing more than to see my damage taken stats at the end of a match. My two duties in PvP are to kill CW, and HR at all costs. A lot of the time, I'm chasing those two classes around and I'm not on a node to get the 300 points for taking it. But I am sure I have a direct effect on my team winning said node. Most of the time I have 3 people on ME and not their own nodes. This leaves only 2 people to fight the rest of my team thus making more of a chance for my team to win the node. There is no matrix for this stat. So the only points I get, unless I can be on the node when it's won, is from kills and assists. That doesn't add up to much, and if I'm below 400 or 500 I don't get any points. The tanks really get screwed with the amount of glory we get.
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I play a GF in PvP and I would like nothing more than to see my damage taken stats at the end of a match. My two duties in PvP are to kill CW, and HR at all costs. A lot of the time, I'm chasing those two classes around and I'm not on a node to get the 300 points for taking it. But I am sure I have a direct effect on my team winning said node. Most of the time I have 3 people on ME and not their own nodes. This leaves only 2 people to fight the rest of my team thus making more of a chance for my team to win the node. There is no matrix for this stat. So the only points I get, unless I can be on the node when it's won, is from kills and assists. That doesn't add up to much, and if I'm below 400 or 500 I don't get any points. The tanks really get screwed with the amount of glory we get.

I think we just have to take it for granted that most really important exploits during the course of the match, cannot be summarized in numbers. We all know how many idiots simply judge PvP contribution through what it says on the stats -- such simple and inadequate set of numbers which tells you points, how many kills, deaths, and assists.

Frankly, you could avoid combat altogether, use all your teammates as meatshields, and just drift from node to node cherrypicking 300 points and easily get high scorse, while the rest of your team ****s blood through their rear ends trying to keep the enemies at bay.

In many cases, about more than half of the "kills" that should rightfully be mine (like, being the only person to really "engage" the enemy, having done more than 60~70% of damage to it...) are for some reason awarded to that guy in the back who threw in a couple of CCs and probably less than 5k damage in total.

The numbers don't tell you how you've sacrificed yourself again and again to lure in enemies while others simply sit on the node and earn 300 point freebies, nor does it tell you how much you've debuffed that smug super-GWF on the other team and decisively contributed to actually bringing him down.

IMO, just forgetting about the stats altogether, is the best way to PvP. It only gives you a blurry half-picture of how things actually went down.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • overddriveoverddrive Member Posts: 722 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    kweassa wrote: »
    I think we just have to take it for granted that most really important exploits during the course of the match, cannot be summarized in numbers. We all know how many idiots simply judge PvP contribution through what it says on the stats -- such simple and inadequate set of numbers which tells you points, how many kills, deaths, and assists.

Frankly, you could avoid combat altogether, use all your teammates as meatshields, and just drift from node to node cherrypicking 300 points and easily get high scorse, while the rest of your team ****s blood through their rear ends trying to keep the enemies at bay.

In many cases, about more than half of the "kills" that should rightfully be mine (like, being the only person to really "engage" the enemy, having done more than 60~70% of damage to it...) are for some reason awarded to that guy in the back who threw in a couple of CCs and probably less than 5k damage in total.

The numbers don't tell you how you've sacrificed yourself again and again to lure in enemies while others simply sit on the node and earn 300 point freebies, nor does it tell you how much you've debuffed that smug super-GWF on the other team and decisively contributed to actually bringing him down.

IMO, just forgetting about the stats altogether, is the best way to PvP. It only gives you a blurry half-picture of how things actually went down.

I would agree pvp scoring could be much better but I don't think it is really the number1 problem right now. Cherrypicking nodes? Seems to me the smart thing to do to take an open node. No nodes should be all red at ANY time. That leads to fixing scorekeeping: no one else is running to node 1 which is red, nodes 2 and 3 are contested and not turning red, I run my gwf to node 1 to contest it. Another toon from my team joins me on 1. As soon as I see them on the node I am speeding to whatever node I am needed. I miss the 300 points, but really having both of us on an empty node is really a waste.
    PanzerJäger HR Hybrid
    Jugger Conq GF
  • nwn2motb9nwn2motb9 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2014

So typical of a GF only targeting the weaker classes in PVP i.e. CW's and HR's where they cannot compete with a GF with 30k + hp and 36 AC versus 25-28 k hp and 17-20 AC( CW's and HR's). It's no wonder GF's are hated and not wanted in most if not all dungeons coupled with the fact they are useless as any GWF can tank and even CW's can tank. Myself as a CW took over 1 mill damage in spider. Had a GF try to enter CN last night 5 times and we kicked him cos they do not bring anything worth while to the best dungeon in the game. So either improve the class or get rid of it.
    edited February 2014
    So... a GF shouldn't go after classes that are best suited for him to handle in PvP?
  • zolronzolron Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    nwn2motb9 wrote: »
    So typical of a GF only targeting the weaker classes in PVP i.e. CW's and HR's where they cannot compete with a GF with 30k + hp and 36 AC versus 25-28 k hp and 17-20 AC( CW's and HR's). It's no wonder GF's are hated and not wanted in most if not all dungeons coupled with the fact they are useless as any GWF can tank and even CW's can tank. Myself as a CW took over 1 mill damage in spider. Had a GF try to enter CN last night 5 times and we kicked him cos they do not bring anything worth while to the best dungeon in the game. So either improve the class or get rid of it.

Is this a serious post ?? The goal in a pvp DOMINATION match is to obtain and maintain possession of a node, thus acquiring points..CW and HR pose a problem if left alone and can do alot of damage..One of a GF's objectives is to nuetrilize them....
    Oh, and the part about the PVE..go back to whatever elitist game u came from..kicking a GF because of class ? If thier undergeared or incompetant then I could understand, but .....Don't take it out on the GF community just because your getting ROLFstommped in pvp !!
  • dllindsey12dllindsey12 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    i wish they would give people a 1 hour debuff that doesnt let them queue for another pvp match again if they quit. that would keep a lot of people from doing it. because its annoying when your team is counting on you and you just leave. i dont care how bad it looks. you shouldnt be able to leave without having some sort of consequence.
    edited February 2014
    Aren't there enough of these threads going around? Several that offer quality ideas about how to deal with this instead of just complaining?
    edited February 2014
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?562941-PvP-Leavers-Feedback-Thread

There you go, 6 or 7 threads down on the first page.
  • theheroshieldtheheroshield Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I think it can be argued that PvP is probably the worst part of this game, or one of the worst.

PvP in general can be fun, but the set-up here is horrible. This comes from someone who has played this game since May and love it to pieces. I generally get about 10+ hours in a week despite having a full-time job, a husband and a busy schedule (which includes lots of overtime). And I still think PvP is really, really bad.

I think the quitters are annoying, but I agree that they are not the cause, but simply people getting fed up with a bad system. Punishing them with losing AD, etc. might work with a few but in the end most will simply abandon PvP leaving it as not full of quitters, but simply no one at all.

The solution is, imo, to set up tiers, like you have in PvE dungeons. The higher the tiers the greater the glory (currency and metaphorically speaking). Make it so you must reach a certain gear score before you can enter a higher tier. I know gear score isn't everything but it's a lot better than no requirement at all. I was in a PvP once with a guy who was level 60 GF with 2k GS. We were facing off against 10K+ gear scores. Obviously it makes some difference.

And I agree, give incentive to stay, such as more glory as you as long as you there, but even more for taking/tanking/dealing damage. More glory for more of the map reached. More glory for more caps made. Etc. No glory for camp-sitting or quitting.

And drop the soul-forge ress. I hate CWs because they are OP in general (even more than GWF, imo) but I'd rather face one of those if I thought they didn't have a soul-forge ress waiting in the wings. It's annoying to have them down and then have to kill them again. That's BS.
  • benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    nwn2motb9 wrote: »
    That's crazy talk, HR and CW are not weak PVP classes compared to a GF, GF is the easiest kill for my CW right now, they don't have the mobility, CC breaking, or health restoring capabilities of a GWF, they should literally never touch a wizard or ranger in a 1v1.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    a 15 mins debuff wher they can't join another match would make it much better IMO
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • johnseeya99johnseeya99 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Who would want to stay if their team doesn't put any effort in helping? Most of my pvp consist of those players who just watch from the balcony looking for a easy kill, and never helps push or secure a point. They seem to care more about their K/D. You'll just end up sacrificing your life standing on a point getting focused to death while they hang out 30 ft away...
    And their are those that just push buttons, they don't even prioritize who to kill first.
    Also, would you stay if your opponents are overly geared? At first sight of seeing you or your teammate enranges them to kill you in 2 seconds. Is that a reason worth staying? To get 1-2 shotted, unable to put a decent fight because everyone scatters, and on top of that feed them like cattle to a slaughtering house?
    Yeah..so...no cooperation and major disadvantages...I think I'll stay cus that's the right thing to do. :/
    edited February 2014
    When my team is loosing badly, against much better geared oponents, I usually try to get some points by getting nodes, but if that doesn't work either, I still don't leave, if they difference. I try to participate and learn a bit. If the difference is too great, and they keep on fighint 5 vs us 2 or something like that, then I just stand by the campfire and wait for it to end.
    Which makes me wonder, what happens if a whole team leaves? the other wins automatically?
    2e2qwj6.jpg
    edited February 2014
    I've always wondered that myself. I've never had the entire opposite team leave before so I've no idea what happens when one team abandons the PvP.

I also agree that simply punishing players for leaving is no solution. You can always sit by the campfire but if you do you just waste your time. No one benefits if you're all cooking marshmellows by the campfire. You get no glory (I should know, I tried this). Quit and retry, hoping you get a better team or not facing a pre-made with soulforge + 15K GS.

You might think that's dishonorable or whatever but the fact remains that you get nothing, nothing, for remaining. And neither does your badly-beaten teammates. If, however, you were given some sort of incentive (say, some glory for sticking around longer, and even more glory for whatever hit you do land on the opposing team, etc.) then I'd agree that it would be wasteful and disgraceful for quitting.

Punishing people for not wanting to get their asses whooped for no gain whatsoever is downright foolish. Better to either a) balance the teams more by creating a tier system b) give some glory, etc. for sticking to your guns and staying around.
    edited February 2014
    Once I was left alone against a 5 team of high geared players, who wouldn't let me get any points at all, so I just told them to have fun waiting while I sat alone by the campfire, but 2 of them actually managed to get to my spawning zone, and started to kill me repeateadly, luckily I'm a TR so I entered stealth and had them looking for me for the rest of the match, at least they didn't kill me anymore... I was thinking on leaving but I wouldn't be able to see what would happen anyway...
    2e2qwj6.jpg
    edited February 2014
    Might I ask why you stuck around, then? I'm guessing you didn't get any glory points (I know I didn't when I tried that).

I'm not sure if this is appropriate to mention or not but if the other team is getting blasted and requests to trade off points, I generally agree. No point in sitting around or slaughtering helpless players. I also generally ask for 1 vs 1 especially against anyone who's my same class. I like to see other players in combat, to see what combination of powers they use and in what order. I like to learn and I like to teach. It's way more entertaining than senseless killing and sitting around collecting points.

I often will ask for trading points if my team leaves me or we get constantly killed. I thank them if they agree and follow their instructions. And if one of them asks for a 1 vs. 1 I honor it and try my best. And I remind them to take me down at the end of the PvP for more points. Oftentimes they'll end up with a friend request from me if they keep to the agreement.

I hate it when players ask for a 1 vs. 1 and hit you with a invisible rogue or something though. They lol at me and I have to end up blocking them. Wow, yay for children, eh?
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »
    Which makes me wonder, what happens if a whole team leaves? the other wins automatically?
    No you still have to wait out the score. Had a match maybe last weds where the entire other team left before two was even capped.
    edited February 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    No you still have to wait out the score. Had a match maybe last weds where the entire other team left before two was even capped.

Most usually, people leaving in that fashion is a form of protest -- raising the middlefinger --against premades. About the only form of leaving I'd support.
    edited February 2014
    Most usually, people leaving in that fashion is a form of protest -- raising the middlefinger --against premades. About the only form of leaving I'd support.
    Sadly it was a pre-made but that's a rather defeatist attitude. The pre-made I was in was casual. Two members were fresh 60's in mostly blues and 9kgs. Some pre-mades are just from wanting to play with friends.
    edited February 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    Sadly it was a pre-made but that's a rather defeatist attitude. The pre-made I was in was casual. Two members were fresh 60's in mostly blues and 9kgs. Some pre-mades are just from wanting to play with friends.

More like boycott, than defeatist. Obviously, people have better things to do than step up as the lead character of a cosmic horror novel.

In most cases I never leave. I am definately never the first leaver, and I'll even stay and try my best in 4-vs-5 matches. If the game just simply dies out in something like 5v3 or 5v2, then I'll decide whether to leave or just go afk.

But against premades? Especially when they are premades from a guild that I know to be serious PvPers, or a premade that has players I know to be a very skilled person -- I know for a fact these people don't need any of the crutches, they could queue individually and still have lots of fun without destroying the match.

But if they insist they need to make a team with average 15k+ GS, a GWF+DC combo and a perma-TR and a CW as a side dish, all hooked up on voice, to have "fun"... then sorry, no. I usually boycott premades.

PuGs aren't masochists. No reason to sacrifice themselves to let premades have fun. PuGs will have their own fun fighting against other PuGs. Premades can just wait and wait until they meet another premade. Seems only fair.
    edited February 2014
    More like boycott, than defeatist. Obviously, people have better things to do than step up as the lead character of a cosmic horror novel.

In most cases I never leave. I am definately never the first leaver, and I'll even stay and try my best in 4-vs-5 matches. If the game just simply dies out in something like 5v3 or 5v2, then I'll decide whether to leave or just go afk.

But against premades? Especially when they are premades from a guild that I know to be serious PvPers, or a premade that has players I know to be a very skilled person -- I know for a fact these people don't need any of the crutches, they could queue individually and still have lots of fun without destroying the match.

But if they insist they need to make a team with average 15k+ GS, a GWF+DC combo and a perma-TR and a CW as a side dish, all hooked up on voice, to have "fun"... then sorry, no. I usually boycott premades.

PuGs aren't masochists. No reason to sacrifice themselves to let premades have fun. PuGs will have their own fun fighting against other PuGs. Premades can just wait and wait until they meet another premade. Seems only fair.

And I find your attitude poor. It's why I only queue up with those I know, I don't find playing with people that assume they will lose fun.
  • whotronwhotron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited February 2014
    You should have the freedom to leave anytime you like for a number of reasons. I vote for not changing anything. Just que again. One thing they should do is show the players name in chat that left, this way you could ignore the player and return the favor to him in the futre. Problem solved.

I tell ya bud, If I look around at the beginning of the match and see everyone in crappy gear that is 10 levels under their current level with no enchants you bet i'm leaving...and I should not be penalized for it. They should ... and practically they are after I leave. Sorry to say!

This is what's wrong with PVP. if you you assume you're going to lose before even talking to the players to see skill level and then you claim that you are not doing anything wrong? okay. That's subjectivity at its best. Because they are UNDER-GEARED they should be penalized because YOU leave?

what the **** did i even read?
    sounds like farts being stored in a bag.

Fix PVP. Add penalty for early leavers even if their grandma needs a ride to the hospital.
    Add match making & the like.
    Everyone is sick and tired of getting kicked from PvP and having people leave or be disconnected.
    Fin.
    move on.
    More issues to tackle.
    edited February 2014
    People leave because there is no matchmaking. You don't punish people to fix behavior caused by a broken mechanic. That's just backward logic that leads to nothing but resentment and pushing people out of the PvP community.
This discussion has been closed.