What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvP Leavers Feedback Thread

1234568»

Comments

• overddriveoverddrive Member Posts: 722 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    pointsman wrote: »
    Emphasis added. Yes this is a big problem, and the PVP twinking at lower levels, using weapon enchants in Mulhorand weapons, just contributes to the PVP leaving problem at level 60, because now casual players get roflstomped at low levels too, inhibiting their ability to obtain glory at low levels (and generally turning them off from PVP in the first place). So once they get to level 60, they have to endure more matches ( = more leaving with woefully lopsided matches) in order to get their glory for starter epic gear.

Plus not to mention, it brings out the bad behavior even earlier in a character's progression. If you "own" other players at lowbie PVP just because you have a wallet and can buy a Greater Plague Fire for your level 30 CW, then sorry, it's not your mad skillz that beat the other team.

I don't get why the people getting pwned in lower levels just don't get themselves some mul gear and a decent enchant. The only reason I can think of is a brand new player. It is only right that the longer you play the game the stronger your new characters will be because you will have ad accumulated to twink your low level toons. I never started an mmo thinking there was going to be any kind of real parity until I got at least one character to end game. The way I see it working, you get one character to end game and can really stink it up there with a lowish gs, but then you can also twink the heck out of your new toons. Mul stuff is cheap. Lesser enchants are cheap. If you take away twinking then you are just encouraging people to buy the gear outright instead of earning it on other toons. If you take away buying the gear outright and twinking you are killing a part of the gross revenue of the game its self, making it more difficult to justify expanding or improving the game.
    PanzerJäger HR Hybrid
    Jugger Conq GF
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Leavers penalty added to the Shadowmantle pvp test shard Today at 4 pm PST -
    panderus wrote: »
    New Feature
    Leaver Penalty: Leaving a PVP match that is currently in progress will incur a leaver penalty for 30 minutes. During this time you may not queue for any content using the queue system. Only the first 2 players to leave a Domination match, or the first 5 players to leave a Gauntlgrym match on each team will be affected.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?602001-Shadowmantle-PvP-Preview-Patch-Notes-NW-14-20140204a-1&p=7208441&viewfull=1#post7208441
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    closing since a leaver penalty is being testing on the preview shard. please give your feedback here:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?602021-PvP-Leaver-feedback

thanks.
This discussion has been closed.