Install Arc

Removed

Comments

• ottoarcottoarc Member Posts: 265 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Gwp not gap sorry wrong written
    edited January 2014
    OK I just figured it out to get 30% resistance ignored I must have 4040 arpen..and as I already said I had 40% crit chance already and I'm only level 46..not gonna stack more but I assume with t2 skulker set it can raise me up to 42-44% crit chance so that would be enough for me..and I also would like to have a minimum of 4000 power or above..ya u all are correct maybe I can't 1 shot gwp but with this setup I can 1 shot any other class for sure..I have a very high hope on my tr..gonna slot in a p.vorp and some rank 9 dark on my lvl 60 gear for sure..
  • wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Since you're so eager to find it out and don't want to go any other route my advice is as follows:

Level up to 60, see how you fare. Get the skulk, see how you fare. Play vs players in close to equal gear, see how you fare.

If you still have questions then, report back. I'm sure you will have plenty. But for now it appears to me as if you are not interested in listening to input by more experienced players. Thus - at least speaking for myself - people might not bother to reply to your thoughts and questions any longer. Also, I'd suggest you to open a new topic after you gained the aforementioned experience so Hyena's guide here doesn't get flooded by your double and triple posts.

I apologize if I may appear rude, but truth has to be told sometimes. Regard it as constructive criticism.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    zokir wrote: »
    I used to be able to one-shot GWFs, but that was a long long time ago before mod 1. It is, I want to say impossible, to one-shot a GWF in the current state of the game. Yesterday I hit a 23k lashing blade without lurkers on a fairly geared one, but that's almost as good as it's going to get. If you're fighting a squishy GWF then you can probably two or three-shot them if they don't pop unstoppable, but if you're fighting a geared sentinel then there's just no way.
    Was that on me? I distinctly remember you handing me my GWF her *** several times but more through very well aimed flurries than LB.

In any case, I think flurry is much more useful vs GWFs than LB and is also the TR attack type that gives my GWF the biggest issues...wear down to 15-20% HP ->SE->another flurry to eat though the SF proc. Dunno how it'd work vs more geared GWFs, but it works fairly effectively vs mine.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • sinzspectrasinzspectra Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ottoarc wrote: »
    OK I just figured it out to get 30% resistance ignored I must have 4040 arpen..and as I already said I had 40% crit chance already and I'm only level 46..not gonna stack more but I assume with t2 skulker set it can raise me up to 42-44% crit chance so that would be enough for me..and I also would like to have a minimum of 4000 power or above..ya u all are correct maybe I can't 1 shot gwp but with this setup I can 1 shot any other class for sure..I have a very high hope on my tr..gonna slot in a p.vorp and some rank 9 dark on my lvl 60 gear for sure..

my advise to you would be to not stack arpen so high, coz once it reaches 24% the diminishing returns are really high. Besides, it's the stun-lock build GWF u should be afraid of, and glass cannon GFs. They have rather low defense ( so arpen would be redundant) as compared to a sentinel GWF but they keep u prone till u die. I'm playin around with power based TR and currently my impact shots can crit for up to 18k ( i have 51% crit chance)
    edited January 2014
    reply to sinzspectra
    i know 2540 = 24% arpen, so after 2540 i will get disminishing return so about so about 105arpen= 1% resistence ignored and now become 105arpen = 0.4%...so you can just calculate it out..mayb i wont get that much high just assuming only..but at least i will get a 28% arpen for sure..and if i can get 4500 power too i will be very happy
  • zokirzokir Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    tang56 wrote: »
    Was that on me? I distinctly remember you handing me my GWF her *** several times but more through very well aimed flurries than LB.

In any case, I think flurry is much more useful vs GWFs than LB and is also the TR attack type that gives my GWF the biggest issues...wear down to 15-20% HP ->SE->another flurry to eat though the SF proc. Dunno how it'd work vs more geared GWFs, but it works fairly effectively vs mine.

I don't think it was you- it was before that. I usually use LB initially to get some HP off of the GWF before they use unstoppable then finish with flurries.
    wixxgs1cht wrote: »
    Also, I'd suggest you to open a new topic after you gained the aforementioned experience so Hyena's guide here doesn't get flooded by your double and triple posts.

Please.
    zokir.png
    Hyenas@zokir - Essence of Aggression
  • linkingirl86linkingirl86 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    zokir wrote: »
    Sure thing- go ahead.

Hi Hyenas,

Already added your guide to mmominds.com, pls check it out :)

Tank you again
    edited January 2014
    Updated the post with a change I made a few days ago.
    I sacrificed 160 regen for 700 more HP with the Demolitionist's Belt. Here are it's stats:
    dembelt.png

I also updated the BCRS stats and corresponding overall stats to the changes.
    zokir.png
  • trollcon1trollcon1 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Interesting guide, I'll tweak it slightly and use it in my current build. Thank you zokir.
    Off-topic that ottoarc character is imo exactly the reason our class has such horrible rep in this game.
    edited January 2014
    trollcon1 wrote: »
    Interesting guide, I'll tweak it slightly and use it in my current build. Thank you zokir.
    Off-topic that ottoarc character is imo exactly the reason our class has such horrible rep in this game.

Hey u ignorance sicko, I the zokir for the guide but what has this gonna do with me? U have bad rep and that ur own loser problem..do u want me to one shot you ? Currently have 5300 power and 3200 arpen and my highest crit damage is 35k come on here and I will just one shot in front of your loser face
  • rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I believe if we can get past all the off topic arguments, this guide is all in all viable and a great top-end spec that accomplishes a purpose. Strike hard, kill fast, and survive long enough to kill. I wasn't going to post anything, but having read through a 30 minute forum thread, I figured I might as well share my two cents in the matter.

> Agree to stacking hp more than regen, better yet stack both but with hp on the higher end to escape that nasty DR
    > I am partial to high armor penetration, as long as it doesn't cost you in other offensive stats. I ran the whole math on Arpen vs Power and Arpen wins by a landslide at the 2000-3000 AP range vs 3500 or higher Power.
    > I got nothing against GWF to be honest. At 15.7K GS with all purple artifacts and a balance offense/defense build that sends any other class packing, my best strategy against the GWF right now is to...ignore them. If I wasn't confident in my skills against all other classes, I would say the problem is on me. But I think we all share the same sentiment against the GWF. I try not to dwell.

Currently running an ITC SS Impact Shot rotation with occasional First Strike+Lashing Blade or Sneak just for fun. I've seen the 'rebalancing' of IS on preview which prompts me to find a new rotation. Definitely wouldn't mind going back to this thread for the protips.

> Rogues do have a bad rep -- not as bad as the GWFs for the time being.
    edited January 2014
    I swear the registration on the forums should have age restriction, or even better a minimum IQ threshold...
    On the topic, I have toyed around in pvp with a setup almost identical to the one proposed by Hyena. I'm not overgeared by any means R7/8s greater weapon/norm armour but i cut through lesser geared pugs like butter. Now GWFs is it stands right now a 14.5k+ GWF with pvp knowledge and skill is just not fun to fight against, if the guy knows his trade you have a very slim chance of beating him. Recently i leveled my gwf to 60 and got him 2/4 titan 2/4 t2 pvp set and a proper weapon. you know the saying it takes 1 to beat 1? I gained some serious insight into their class and omg, most of the ones that I fought weren't even that good. The arsenal Iron Vanguard offers is a definition of overpowered(and this is coming from a loooooong time TR player). The only strategy I found that works is to switch to duelist to negate their CC(on the flipside unless the GWF is braindead he will just move out of it, or even worse some of them can facetank the dmg without even noticing it while chipping away at your health, nice balance ey?) and the 2nd most important thing is to STAY mobile! Run, jump, turn, roll, just dont stand still because he will simply facetank everything u throw at him and then prone u to death. I noticed that it doesn't work all the time and after I played my GWF in level 60 pvp i found out why. The two most commonly used dailies are Threatning Rush and their brand new(old) Indomitable STrength. The whole trick with Threatning Rush is that it actually knocks the target in the air(which is pretty much a cc) and then hits u for like 13k AND prones you(definitely balanced) IF you are in the close range of a GWF, now the most annoying bit about this skill is that it has literally no cast time on the knockback- meaning that if hes in the range and he hits it u will be stuck in CC until its over. The other daily is actually a gf daily but on a GWF it gains some additional damage and can crit as high as 25-28k from a geared GWF BUT it has a VERY obvious and long animation so he wont use it until he's 100% sure it will land. Now let me give u a tip on how to avoid high dmg IS hits- most gwfs use the improved mark feat which adds about 30% damage dealt to u until u hit the gwf. After u dodge roll his ranged prone throw a dagger at him(and repeat it if he charges at u again), do not EVER let him have the mark up on u or u will be swallowing 2x15k crits and then a 25-28k IS crit. But the best strategy for GWF is to simply ignore them and find a CW somewhere and when all his team is dead melt him together with ur mates
  • rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    trollcon1 wrote: »
    The two most commonly used dailies are Threatning Rush and their brand new(old) Indomitable STrength.

Just a few friendly corrections before I begin my reply, Threatening Rush is an at will that they also obtain from the Iron Vanguard Paragon, which serves as a mid-range gap closer that does slight damage and marks its target. Please clarify if you are referring to Savage Advance as the other most-used daily.

I've written that my best strategy against the GWF is pitting them against my team's GWF while I completely ignore them, but I will be first to admit that that wouldn't always be the case. So I made up quite a few moves that help me stay alive.

[Edited: I realize my post was getting too long and decided to just make a new thread about it.]

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?594361-Countering-the-post-Mod2-GWF-IronVan-in-PvP&p=7138981#post7138981

MORE ON TOPIC:

I'm a combat TR. The methods above has more synergy with the combat TR. And I think Hayena's build is quite close to the kind of TR that could execute these properly.

FUTURE CHANGES

I heard that regen might be getting nerfed this coming module 3. Do you guys have any idea how to maintain our current resilience if regen no longer works effectively? How do you feel about stacking Lifesteal, HP or other stats? More minds can think better than one.
    edited January 2014
    rustlord wrote: »
    Just a few friendly corrections before I begin my reply, Threatening Rush is an at will that they also obtain from the Iron Vanguard Paragon, which serves as a mid-range gap closer that does slight damage and marks its target. Please clarify if you are referring to Savage Advance as the other most-used daily.

I've written that my best strategy against the GWF is pitting them against my team's GWF while I completely ignore them, but I will be first to admit that that wouldn't always be the case. So I made up quite a few moves that help me stay alive.

[Edited: I realize my post was getting too long and decided to just make a new thread about it.]

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?594361-Countering-the-post-Mod2-GWF-IronVan-in-PvP&p=7138981#post7138981

MORE ON TOPIC:

I'm a combat TR. The methods above has more synergy with the combat TR. And I think Hayena's build is quite close to the kind of TR that could execute these properly.

FUTURE CHANGES

I heard that regen might be getting nerfed this coming module 3. Do you guys have any idea how to maintain our current resilience if regen no longer works effectively? How do you feel about stacking Lifesteal, HP or other stats? More minds can think better than one.
    Thanks for the correction, Savage Advance is the daily I was talking about, sorry for the confusion I'm only 1 month into playing my GWF at 60 atm.
    Regarding stacking Lifesteal, it is getting nerfed aswell, basically everybody will be affected y the Healing Exhaustion debuff EVERY single time an enemy player hits them, the said debuff last for 10 seconds and reduces the amount of healing/temp HP gained from ALL sources by 50%. No change for PVE. I recommend checking the Test Shard(Preview) Section of the forums. The next patch is called a PvP patch and a lot of changes for PvP are to be expected. The most Notable is the introduction of a new PvP stat Tenacity to all the PvP gear and the introduction of new pvp gear. Tenacity will increase DR, decrease the crit chance against you and reduce the chance control effects land on you (with a full pvp set you can reach 22% on all of them).
    But let's keep to the guide, it most relevant to current build and the patch wont be released for a while so I would say this if there is a guide to follow and a time do it, its right here and right now.
    edited January 2014
    Thank you for making a new thread to discuss separate issues, and thanks for some of the positive feedback yesterday!

Due to some issues I've been having with Neverwinter lately, I've been running this build with a Greater Vorpal Enchantment and Normal Soulforged Enchantment instead of the perfects. I also ran it with lessers for awhile a few days ago. There is definitely a difference in the damage, no doubt. Overall, you can tell that the build really worsens without being able to maximize your damage with a perfect vorpal.
    So in order to change it up a bit when I was using the lessers, I started using these rings with r7 Radiant Enchantments:
    a5vo.pnga5vo.png

With those I used the SS, IS, ITC rotation, and that was working pretty well. Using those with my set of items is pretty close to the standard cookie-cutter HP regen rogue you see in PvP nowadays. I really don't prefer to play that way- it's just not as fun in my opinion, but with my experience over the last few days I would definitely recommend that kind of playstyle for people who have the lesser or normal enchantments.

When I upgraded the vorpal back to greater, then my original rings and playstyle gained their effectiveness back a bit- not completely, but enough to validate the damage-based rotation again.

I also added a link to my guild's website for anyone interested in joining a wonderful PvP guild. :)
    zokir.png
    edited February 2014
    Added 4th boons for both Sharandar and Dread Ring.

Going to update soon with which rotations and strategies I use against each different class.
    zokir.png
    edited March 2014
    Haven't updated this in awhile.
    I upgraded a few enchants and artifacts.
    I also switched out Demolitionist's Belt for Ancient Belt of Undeath.
    Lost about 85 HP and 120 regen in favor of more defense and deflect, since I already had enough regen.
    Thx to Hold My Beer for the belt suggestion.
    zokir.png
    edited March 2014
    Here's my new setup
    beLCi89.png

My enchants
    Utility: r7 dark x3
    Defense: r9 radiant x2, r8 radiant x1
    Offense: r10 silvery x1, r9 silvery x1, r9 dark x3, r8 dark x1
    Perfect Vorpal & Perfect Soulforged

The corresponding stats
    BJrO4LG.png

I chose the Scoundrel's Grim set for my TR due to the armor penetration. With the new tenacity sets, TRs are forced to choose between armor penetration and critical strike. Since critical strike is majorly affected by tenacity, and arpen is not, I chose the obvious choice- the one with armor pen.

I've stacked my armor penetration very high. My resistance ignored is at 26.2%. Been averaging around 15k lashings, about 5k lower than before the patch. Shocking still does wonders because it's not affected- 30k's on GWFs. I tried some impact shots and they were decent, but I don't think I'll ever be seeing 14k's again on those.

High regen of course, and a decent amount of stats overall. 1k+ recovery, defense, and deflection. My only problem I have right now is my HP. TRs kinda got screwed with the new armors. Without skulker, I lost around 2k HP so I'm now at 27k which is pretty low. I've been contemplating switching to 1-2 rings of preservation which would cost me 140 regen and 520 arpen in return for 2k HP. If anyone has any suggestions or thoughts on that, it'd be appreciated.

Neck piece previously Cloak of the Erupting Volcano. Has more HP, stats, and includes tenacity.
    Northside demanded credit for the neck, even though I'd give it anyway ;)
    zokir.png
  • thinliner1thinliner1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Thank you for the awesome guide! Can you please explain to me a bit more regarding the "correctly utilize a rotation with Shadow Strike and ITC."? How does it work exactly? Thanks!
    edited March 2014
    thinliner1 wrote: »
    Thank you for the awesome guide! Can you please explain to me a bit more regarding the "correctly utilize a rotation with Shadow Strike and ITC."? How does it work exactly? Thanks!

A typical TR rotation uses shadow strike, ITC, and a choice of a damaging attack (usually impact shot, lashing blade, or path of the blade). This rotation allows a TR to remain un-hittable for long periods of time. While waiting for SS or ITC to cooldown, the timing on dodges is important since this is when you will be most vulnerable. Basically use a combination of shadow strike, ITC, and dodges to avoid enemy attacks as much as possible.
    zokir.png
  • devilsown79devilsown79 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So hows this build hold up to your Guildmate , Snow's build 1v1 ,, have you tested it? just curious I run a similar build to snows (as do most stealthy rogues who are smart) been thinking I might enjoy a different gameplay approach on my halfling. reason i wonder is a possibly stealth nerf coming up and considering my playstyle, it might be time for a change. so... just wondering how you do against that particular rogue build.
    edited March 2014
    So hows this build hold up to your Guildmate , Snow's build 1v1 ,, have you tested it? just curious I run a similar build to snows (as do most stealthy rogues who are smart) been thinking I might enjoy a different gameplay approach on my halfling. reason i wonder is a possibly stealth nerf coming up and considering my playstyle, it might be time for a change. so... just wondering how you do against that particular rogue build.

This build is not made for 1v1ing other TRs. It's made for fighting every other class.
    If you want a build that does well against other TRs, go find a bilethorn one.
    zokir.png
  • s1ngers1nger Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hi. I have a some questions.
    1. This build still relevant or perma stealth will be better for pvp/pve?
    2. What is your tactic versus rangers?
    3. What is your skill bar at pvp?

I have a build like your, but after tenacity patch my dmg get low :/
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Where do i get this cool Rings with this amount of Regeneration, can't find them.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
    edited April 2014
    I'll be updating this build in Mod 3!
    karakla1 wrote: »
    Where do i get this cool Rings with this amount of Regeneration, can't find them.

They can no longer be obtained in the game unless from the Auction House or through someone who already has them unbound.
    zokir.png
  • godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    karakla1 wrote: »

You can still get ones with 378 regen each with offense slots though from one of the accessory vendors for ~50k AD each. There is also the option of ~407 regen rings with defense slots too though from the Pegasus seal vendor which people tend to really like for pvp for more HP in the defense slot, but if you want a more offensive build you do still have the option above for offense slots just with 100 less regen. Just in case you weren't aware or anyone else was wondering.
    edited May 2014
    Completely updated the build in post 1 for Module 3!
    zokir.png
  • niagh20niagh20 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Nice build, im using 1 simular to yours. I have a few questions tho.

- This build is without the stats of a ioun stone i asume?

- You say somewhere at the start that your arpen comes from dread legion and "a" dark enchant. Whoever it doesnt show in your gear your using any dark.

- What rank are your enchants? because i can tell they arent r10's

- Last but not least. Im using a profound necklace to but i choose to go for the necklace of defiance(wich is also a defensive neck). The stats that are different then the warding are:

Warding:
    +301 max hp
    +142 deflect

vs

Defiance
    +75 recovery
    +75 defense
    +67 regen

Wouldnt you agree it might be better to have more regen/recovery instead of the 300 hp. Asuming deflect and defense balance themselfs out.
  • niagh20niagh20 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    actually looking at it again im pretty sure your stats are with ioun stone, you wouldnt be able to obtain that kind of arpen with those gears.