Install Arc
Options

Removed

Comments

• Options
    zokirzokir Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Updated for module 5!

Hope you guys enjoy. Leave comments/questions/suggestions.
    zokir.png
    Hyenas@zokir - Essence of Aggression
  • Options
    brilliantcomradebrilliantcomrade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
    edited January 2015
    My TR build is very similar to yours , I only recently switched back to a pvp spec rogue and I have to say I'm very happy that I have a very similar build which suggests i'm on the right track. I just thought I would go through some of the differences and perhaps improve both of our builds.

Have you considered using the Dominator's Shirt/Pants, I found that in PvP I was rarely doing damage while I wasn't stealthed so to me the critical strike stat is completely obsolete making the Dominator's Shirt/Pants a better choice (Recovery > ArP and more power)
    Edit: I realized that you also took the feat that grants Crit, I generally use the same abilities (ITC, SS) and I find that I deal almost all of my damage in stealth not needing crit, do you find that you deal much damage when not stealthed?

As I mentioned I have just gone back to PvP Rogue and so I only bought the T2 Scoundrel set and I realized that it gives 450 lifesteal rather than the 463 critical strike. I haven't really punched the numbers here because I'm not going to get the Profound set in anticipation of the Drow Gear.

Have you tried using silvery enchants? I find that I do enough damage with all silveries and they do give a nice boost in action point gain and recharge speed.
    Edit: I noticed you have 27.3% AP gain, how is this with only 1.4k recovery? I have 2.2k and only 17.9% AP gain

Have you done any testing on P.Vorp vs GPF? I have both and curious if you think GPF is the better option.
  • Options
    ibench200ibench200 Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    My TR build is very similar to yours , I only recently switched back to a pvp spec rogue and I have to say I'm very happy that I have a very similar build which suggests i'm on the right track. I just thought I would go through some of the differences and perhaps improve both of our builds.

Have you considered using the Dominator's Shirt/Pants, I found that in PvP I was rarely doing damage while I wasn't stealthed so to me the critical strike stat is completely obsolete making the Dominator's Shirt/Pants a better choice (Recovery > ArP and more power)
    Edit: I realized that you also took the feat that grants Crit, I generally use the same abilities (ITC, SS) and I find that I deal almost all of my damage in stealth not needing crit, do you find that you deal much damage when not stealthed?

As I mentioned I have just gone back to PvP Rogue and so I only bought the T2 Scoundrel set and I realized that it gives 450 lifesteal rather than the 463 critical strike. I haven't really punched the numbers here because I'm not going to get the Profound set in anticipation of the Drow Gear.

Have you tried using silvery enchants? I find that I do enough damage with all silveries and they do give a nice boost in action point gain and recharge speed.
    Edit: I noticed you have 27.3% AP gain, how is this with only 1.4k recovery? I have 2.2k and only 17.9% AP gain

Have you done any testing on P.Vorp vs GPF? I have both and curious if you think GPF is the better option.

he has tactics slotted!
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Awesome! Thanks for the feedback. Nice to see someone already has a similar build.
    Regarding Dominator's Shirt/Pants, the stats are just too much of a loss for me to consider. They give a total of 240 stats while gemmed shirt & pants give 281. Also, I'd prefer the ArP and Crit over the recovery.

The reason I have such a low recovery is because I have so many other things that build my AP gain. Tactics, legendary DC sigil, imperial dragon cloak. The recharge speed increase is something I've considered. I'll probably do a bit of testing and see if I prefer more power or more of that. There's also a feat in Sabo called Knife's Edge that I would also incorporate into that if I were to go a lesser cooldowns route.

My damage out of stealth is still pretty high due to my power stacking. The only hit I'll be doing from out of stealth though will be occasional DF's. Hitting from stealth is obviously important for proc'ing SoD.

I haven't tested the actual numbers on p vorp vs. gpf. I'll try to do that on preview today. I'll include bilethorn and flaming test results also just for comparison. Basically DoT enchants are going to be doing much more damage for exectuioners because they double proc Shadow of Demise, which is where a ton of our damage is coming from.

Edit: Wrote radiants by my weapons by mistake. They're actually silveries.
    zokir.png
  • Options
    imm0rtalboyimm0rtalboy Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    You know double proc Shadow of Demise from bilethorn, flaming, pf its a bug
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Here's the testing from different weapon enchantments.
    Keep in mind this is only for executioner.

Greater Plague Fire
    Perfect Vorpal
    Perfect Bilethorn
    Perfect Flaming

Damage Comparison
    jP4xH29.jpg

Important to keep in mind: I would NOT sell weapon enchants (vorpals) or spend AD you don't have to get new enchants. These numbers are subject to change at any moment due to relying on the double SoD proc of DoT enchants.
    zokir.png
  • Options
    buayakauhuhuhbuayakauhuhuh Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    That was bad needed thnx so much !!!!!!! :cool::cool::cool:
  • Options
    s1ngers1nger Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    zokir wrote: »

Greater Plague Fire
    Perfect Vorpal
    Perfect Bilethorn
    Perfect Flaming

Damage Comparison
    jP4xH29.jpg
    wow, p. bile a little better than p.vorpal :D
    How do you feel against saboteur Tr's ?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    s1nger wrote: »
    wow, p. bile a little better than p.vorpal :D
    How do you feel against saboteur Tr's ?

Yep, right now anyway.

For everyone reading: I would NOT sell weapon enchants (vorpals) or spend AD you don't have to get new enchants. These numbers are subject to change at any moment due to relying on the double SoD proc of DoT enchants.

Against saboteurs, I haven't actually had a lot of opportunities to fight them 1v1. I myself have always been at a loss when fighting other TRs, which is one of the reasons I use this build. In premades I try to set myself up on a team that has other point holders (not necessarily multiples TRs) so that I can fight on 2. This build can clear 2 ridiculously fast, especially against a team with DCs. I imagine a sabo would have advantage against this build in a 1v1 situation.
    That was bad needed thnx so much !!!!!!! :cool::cool::cool:

No problem!
    zokir.png
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    would a perfect bilethorn be better suited to the sabetuer paragon?
    and what about the scoundrel path, seems good for 1v1 but lacks damage? compared to the other 2 paths
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    ibench200 wrote: »
    would a perfect bilethorn be better suited to the sabetuer paragon?
    and what about the scoundrel path, seems good for 1v1 but lacks damage? compared to the other 2 paths

Perfect vorpal would be the best enchantment for saboteur and scoundrel paths.

The cookie-cutter build that the majority of TRs are using right now is a Saboteur build with gloaming, dazing, bloodbath, invisible infiltrator.

The TR paths are suppose to be:
    Saboteur - Control
    Scoundrel - Stealth
    Executioner - Damage

Right now Saboteur is the closest to having all three of those: control, stealth, and damage. Plus there's bugged features such as invisible infiltrator which increases damage by 30% rather than 15% on a Bloodbath. Also, Knife's Edge reduces cooldowns for every hit of bloodbath allowing them to have virtually no cooldowns. So that's why people are using sabo atm.
    As for scoundrel, this will be a more stealth-based build. I don't know too much about scoundrel, so you could probably get some better information on that from someone else.
    zokir.png
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    ty 4 reply, also
    if they remove the double proc on DoT enchants, would those DoT enchants still be viable to this build or would that change the build altogether
  • Options
    suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    As much as I initially loved the scoundrel I am now having second thoughts. It lacks stealth and damage and what survivability it has my exe seems to more than make up with the damage + lifesteal with nearly as much daze capability and effectively as much reliably controlled daze ability (where the scoundrel has the bonus 'random' daze). That only leave the movement bonus. While still fun it just doesn't feel like a striker (or a controller) but it makes a decent pest in pvp.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    As much as I initially loved the scoundrel I am now having second thoughts. It lacks stealth and damage and what survivability it has my exe seems to more than make up with the damage + lifesteal with nearly as much daze capability and effectively as much reliably controlled daze ability (where the scoundrel has the bonus 'random' daze). That only leave the movement bonus. While still fun it just doesn't feel like a striker (or a controller) but it makes a decent pest in pvp.

scoundrel seems to shine best in a 1v1 situation, perma dazing your opponent and whittling them down with at wills.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    ibench200 wrote: »
    ty 4 reply, also
    if they remove the double proc on DoT enchants, would those DoT enchants still be viable to this build or would that change the build altogether

Here's the damage comparison of GPF to Vorpal without the double SoD proc.
    cxdOr03.png
    However, a guildie pointed out to me today that it might still be worth it to use GPF due to the defense reduction it gives enemies. TRs can easily keep the stacks of GPF up. I'll have to do player testing with it some time to figure out how it would actually compare.
    zokir.png
  • Options
    hbrandaohbrandao Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Here's the damage comparison of GPF to Vorpal without the double SoD proc.
    cxdOr03.png
    However, a guildie pointed out to me today that it might still be worth it to use GPF due to the defense reduction it gives enemies. TRs can easily keep the stacks of GPF up. I'll have to do player testing with it some time to figure out how it would actually compare.

wow.

Hyena, im new in the game. Could u detail the distribution of points on attributes?

Im MI, and I am using ItC + leashing + smoke bomb (first strike and skilfully infiltrator). Im really low lvl, and I trying to farm AD and pvp gears, but is very hard. The matachmaking doesnt exist. It is not uncommon that all my team is below 9k gs, and the entire enemy team 20k+.
  • Options
    jnmlvnjnmlvn Member Posts: 71
    edited January 2015

Greater Plague Fire
    Perfect Vorpal
    Perfect Bilethorn
    Perfect Flaming

Damage Comparison
    jP4xH29.jpg

Important to keep in mind: I would NOT sell weapon enchants (vorpals) or spend AD you don't have to get new enchants. These numbers are subject to change at any moment due to relying on the double SoD proc of DoT enchants.

But don't 3 out of 4 of those weapon enchantments have a proc rate of only once per 60 sec while vorpal is always "on"? Wouldn't that affect DPS relative to the amount of time you're in combat (i.e. the longer you're in combat, I'm guessing the vorpal enchant will go a long way than the other 3?)? So, even though other weapon enchants may have better initial damage, wouldn't you get more out of a vorpal for long combat sessions? Just curious since I have one of the 3 other enchants right now and debating whether to trade it in for a p.vorpal or not :S
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    levthan2levthan2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    jnmlvn wrote: »
    But don't 3 out of 4 of those weapon enchantments have a proc rate of only once per 60 sec while vorpal is always "on"? Wouldn't that affect DPS relative to the amount of time you're in combat (i.e. the longer you're in combat, I'm guessing the vorpal enchant will go a long way than the other 3?)? So, even though other weapon enchants may have better initial damage, wouldn't you get more out of a vorpal for long combat sessions? Just curious since I have one of the 3 other enchants right now and debating whether to trade it in for a p.vorpal or not :S

Thats make no difference. The GPF is only used to make SoD proccs twice. That's not driven by 60s cooldown.

The only point I noticed is that most of the time in pvp the Sod do not proc, because the other player dies before the proc.:D
    But for long boss fights like tiamat it's a amazing damage boost when SoD double pric for 350k each.
  • Options
    s1ngers1nger Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Perfect vorpal would be the best enchantment for saboteur and scoundrel paths.
    I disagree with you. I have Scoundrel TR on RU and wear P.bile(and sometimes use GPF). Why? It's all for Life Steal. With scoundrel feat "Savage Blows" + my 1182 + dread ring boon (chance for get x3 life steal) and last boons in dragon company it be ~15% Life Steal. With P.Bile it's a good healing and dont forget about regeneration(i have 10%). My hp at this moment 48k (+/- 500) and soon i make new rings with a 2 slots for hp and deflect. My critical chance 37-38% and deflect 50%.
    So, i think it is better than use P.vorpal.

p.s I have interesting, why you don't wear pvp rings?
  • Options
    kraiton11kraiton11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Very interesting statistics enchants damage.
    it is true, in front of a dummy numbers do not lie. But it is very different if we put it into practice with a high level party on a run. SoD not activated in most pulls, so I can not say which is more useful for dps in pve.
    Surely against boss GPF is much higher than PV.
    Thx for post and sorry for my English.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I updated my encounters to list Dazing Strike as a potential damaging skill. I found out in some premades last night that dazing is much more effective than smoke bomb when holding a side node. It also enabled me to hold against a sabo TR much longer than I would have though. In a 1v1 situation, use dazing. When fighting on 2, use smoke bomb.
    hbrandao wrote: »
    wow.

Hyena, im new in the game. Could u detail the distribution of points on attributes?

Im MI, and I am using ItC + leashing + smoke bomb (first strike and skilfully infiltrator). Im really low lvl, and I trying to farm AD and pvp gears, but is very hard. The matachmaking doesnt exist. It is not uncommon that all my team is below 9k gs, and the entire enemy team 20k+.

Ability scores I go for straight strength & constitution.
    Unfortunately the matchmaking in this game is pretty nonexistant. It's annoying for both new players and geared players.
    jnmlvn wrote: »

The actual weapon enchant damage is a very minimal portion of the total damage. As levthan explained, GPF is used for the SoD purpose. If you look on the GPF testing you'll see that only 24k out of 1.5mil damage was the plague fire damage.
    s1nger wrote: »
    I disagree with you. I have Scoundrel TR on RU and wear P.bile(and sometimes use GPF). Why? It's all for Life Steal. With scoundrel feat "Savage Blows" + my 1182 + dread ring boon (chance for get x3 life steal) and last boons in dragon company it be ~15% Life Steal. With P.Bile it's a good healing and dont forget about regeneration(i have 10%). My hp at this moment 48k (+/- 500) and soon i make new rings with a 2 slots for hp and deflect. My critical chance 37-38% and deflect 50%.
    So, i think it is better than use P.vorpal.

p.s I have interesting, why you don't wear pvp rings?

In general I said that vorpal would be better because PvP atm is focused on damage. Each class does pretty much a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ton of damage now, and building up defensive stats isn't going to save you from it. So, focusing on damage is what the majority is doing.
    If you've tested out a specific build, though, and it works better for you then that's awesome! :D

I don't wear PvP rings because the stats on the new personalized rings are just too much to ignore. As a TR, we don't use the black ice armor set, so we actually gain tenacity from our armor set. The profound gives plenty of tenacity, so we don't really need to add any extra.
    kraiton11 wrote: »
    Very interesting statistics enchants damage.
    it is true, in front of a dummy numbers do not lie. But it is very different if we put it into practice with a high level party on a run. SoD not activated in most pulls, so I can not say which is more useful for dps in pve.
    Surely against boss GPF is much higher than PV.
    Thx for post and sorry for my English.

GPF is extremely effective in PvE. Your SoD's get to hitting 100k+ and that doubled leads to a ton of DPS. The first week I switched to this build I was thinking it'd be a purely PvE setup. I focused on PvE for a week and only twice was I ever beaten in DPS in eLols that I did. Also, I ACT'd three Tiamat runs and I had the most DPS out of all 25 people all three times. Definitely the way to go for PvE.
    zokir.png
  • Options
    kraiton11kraiton11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    GPF is extremely effective in PvE. Your SoD's get to hitting 100k+ and that doubled leads to a ton of DPS. The first week I switched to this build I was thinking it'd be a purely PvE setup. I focused on PvE for a week and only twice was I ever beaten in DPS in eLols that I did. Also, I ACT'd three Tiamat runs and I had the most DPS out of all 25 people all three times. Definitely the way to go for PvE.

True, when SoD is activated, the dps is brutal, but in dungeons with weak adds (VT, CN, all t2) reaches SoD not activated by that pulls no lasting 6 seconds. This is the problem (Talking about dps total numbers). 6 seconds is a long time for a pull of zombies xD (SoT, Elol, MC are another story)
  • Options
    levthan2levthan2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Sometimes (I noticed this in PvE only) is it possible to proc SoD 4 times....

TIME ATTACKER ATTACKTYPE DAMAGETYPE VICTIM DAMAGE CRITICAL SPECIAL FLANK BASEDAMAGE EFFECTIVENESS
    08:11:33 Levthan Shadow of Demise Physical Black Tiamat Head 232415,0 False None False
    08:11:33 Levthan Shadow of Demise Physical Black Tiamat Head 232415,0 False None False

08:16:28 Levthan Shadow of Demise Physical Red Tiamat Head 195942,0 False None False
    08:16:28 Levthan Shadow of Demise Physical Red Tiamat Head 195942,0 False None False

Thats the same as zokir wrote. First I also think this build is PvE only, but it`s also very usefull in PvP.....
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    kraiton11 wrote: »
    True, when SoD is activated, the dps is brutal, but in dungeons with weak adds (VT, CN, all t2) reaches SoD not activated by that pulls no lasting 6 seconds. This is the problem (Talking about dps total numbers). 6 seconds is a long time for a pull of zombies xD (SoT, Elol, MC are another story)

Total numbers was what I was talking about. Smoke bomb, dazing, and whirlwind still do a lot of damage to lesser mobs.
    levthan2 wrote: »
    Sometimes (I noticed this in PvE only) is it possible to proc SoD 4 times....

TIME ATTACKER ATTACKTYPE DAMAGETYPE VICTIM DAMAGE CRITICAL SPECIAL FLANK BASEDAMAGE EFFECTIVENESS

Thats the same as zokir wrote. First I also think this build is PvE only, but it`s also very usefull in PvP.....

The build is far from PvE only. I created this build thinking I'd use it only for PvE and then switch back to the much more used Saboteur PvP build a few days later. The huge amount of damage I was doing in PvE gave me hope that this build could be great for clearing 2 in PvP. I've always loved executioner, so I tested it right away and I found that it was indeed an excellent clearing build with smoke bomb and shocking execution. Just a few days ago I had the opportunity to point-hold in a premade. There I found that if I switched smoke bomb for dazing strike and shocking for bloodbath (except on GWFs or DCs) then this build can also be used for point holding if you're in a team that lacks a point-holder.

It's very much a PvP build as everything is described in the first post.
    zokir.png
  • Options
    wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I managed to proc SoD 9 times today. Two of these procs however were assigned to another rogue for some odd reason (see my signature below). What I'm getting at is that at least for Tiamat and boss fights gPF is absolutely the way to go but also extremely broken if you figure out a rotation to reliably proc SoD 4+ times. 1-3m hits on Tiamat's heads are quite common acually. With 13k GS, mind you.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Updated to include the Knife's Edge feat for cooldown reduction when point-holding.
    zokir.png
  • Options
    mirlegrismirlegris Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Thanks for your Guide !

A little question : a strategy against a Perma-sabo ? i tested Potb ( for the 2s reveal )+ITC+SB(or Dazing) / DF+CoS, but he kill me 8/10 time in 10-15 seconds, sames GS (16k).

Sorry for my english, thanks.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    mirlegris wrote: »
    Thanks for your Guide !

A little question : a strategy against a Perma-sabo ? i tested Potb ( for the 2s reveal )+ITC+SB(or Dazing) / DF+CoS, but he kill me 8/10 time in 10-15 seconds, sames GS (16k).

Sorry for my english, thanks.

Path of Blades will generally work the past against a scoundrel. SS, PoB, ITC, BB.
    If you're losing that quickly then you're just going to have to practice.
    I totally understand where you're coming from- I've always had problems against other TRs myself. The only thing we can really do is get our rotations down and keep practicing.
    zokir.png
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Updated with legendary artifact gear!
    zokir.png
  • Options
    murthag1990murthag1990 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Nice guide hyenas now even pugs can abuse it...Gz qq about tr's will never end thx so much! I will thank you again when tr's get nerfed and struck like we where in mod4. Thank you! you are the real mvp! <3 (i know mi/sab is op but SoD is definatly broken and with g.plaguefire, tactics, first strike and knifes edge its abusing)

my advice for new tr's don't use this guide. If you play like this you probably suck or will be disappointed after INC nerfs/fix.

Edit: I already quit Tr its too OP even as mi/sab with df and gc as gap closer (no knifes edge/tactics/SE)...maybe except scoundrel if people actually now how to fight them and he's not using SE. Summed up atm you can skill anything and slot tactics or first strike to one shot or bb enemy to death all you have to do is too land an ability that dazes or with scoundrel even 1 at-will is enough...
    Black Turtle TryhartzIV
    Deadpool // HR
    Shakur // Tr