test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Removed

Comments

• zokirzokir Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    niagh20 wrote: »
    Nice build, im using 1 simular to yours. I have a few questions tho.

- This build is without the stats of a ioun stone i asume?

- You say somewhere at the start that your arpen comes from dread legion and "a" dark enchant. Whoever it doesnt show in your gear your using any dark.

- What rank are your enchants? because i can tell they arent r10's

- Last but not least. Im using a profound necklace to but i choose to go for the necklace of defiance(wich is also a defensive neck). The stats that are different then the warding are:

Warding:
    +301 max hp
    +142 deflect

vs

Defiance
    +75 recovery
    +75 defense
    +67 regen

Wouldnt you agree it might be better to have more regen/recovery instead of the 300 hp. Asuming deflect and defense balance themselfs out.

My cat is unequipped. These stats are without an augment companion.

I recently changed a dark enchant to silvery- I will edit that in the post, thank you.

I have 1 rank 10, 1 rank 8, and the rest are 9s.

As for the neck, it really depends on your preference. If you need the extra recovery and regen, absolutely.
    zokir.png
    Hyenas@zokir - Essence of Aggression
  • niagh20niagh20 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I dont understand how your arpen is that high, i have exactly the same gear only have fomorian daggers, so im missing out on arpen there. i do however have a lantern so i get 250 arpen from that.

I still only have 1,9k arpen without augment. The daggers dont give 500 arpen so i guess those stats are when you had arpen enchants.

You also say your a vorpal TR but your crit severity is 75%.

I guess its just your stats that arent updated :)

either way good build little bit to offensive for me but i can see it being good to hold the mid node
    edited May 2014
    I dont understand how your arpen is that high, i have exactly the same gear only have fomorian daggers, so im missing out on arpen there. i do however have a lantern so i get 250 arpen from that.

I still only have 1,9k arpen without augment. The daggers dont give 500 arpen so i guess those stats are when you had arpen enchants.

You also say your a vorpal TR but your crit severity is 75%.

I guess its just your stats that arent updated :)

either way good build little bit to offensive for me but i can see it being good to hold the mid node

Perhaps you don't have the 250 ArP boon from Dread Ring.

Crit severity from vorpal does not show up on a character's stats. Total would be 125%.
    zokir.png
  • niagh20niagh20 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I do have the boon, i guess maybe the stats are when you had a dark echantment. I cant figured out where you would get 300 extra arpen from.
    edited May 2014
    I do have the boon, i guess maybe the stats are when you had a dark echantment. I cant figured out where you would get 300 extra arpen from.

I double checked it for you. It was an extra 260, so it must have been from when I had the dark.
    Edited the first post to have the correct number- 2,044.
    Thanks for checking those numbers so thoroughly. Sometimes I forget to edit it all when I make changes.
    zokir.png
    edited May 2014
    I switched my artifact to Sigil of the Great Weapon, which gives a very nice amount of HP & ArPen.
    Also, I increased my recovery to 2.2k.
    zokir.png
  • krazypunk117krazypunk117 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hey zokir, I just want to say I love your guide, very simple and to the point love it. Quick question though have you messed with or considered the corrupted ice dagger? It gives armor pen and stats look really nice.

Edit: Also wanted your opinion on the Dominator's Cloak? I just picked it up from the pvp campaign
    edited May 2014
    Another question, why go recovery enchantments instead of armor pen if you're trying to burst ppl down quickly? Sorry if it sounds like a stupid question but was just curious.
  • valencayvalencay Member Posts: 431 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    I just had the chance to face you in gaunt pvp (really 5 minutes ago) and I really love how you use a vorpal and not a bilethorn, really nice build man
    Aset Xharran, Oppressor CW
    edited May 2014
    valencay wrote: »
    I just had the chance to face you in gaunt pvp (really 5 minutes ago) and I really love how you use a vorpal and not a bilethorn, really nice build man

You're the TR that used courage breaker on me so I got stomped by 2 GWFs lol. Spent the rest of the match trying to find you and use courage breaker xD
    Another question, why go recovery enchantments instead of armor pen if you're trying to burst ppl down quickly? Sorry if it sounds like a stupid question but was just curious.

I'm trying to burst people down, but I'm also trying to stay alive. With this amount of recovery I can run a rotation where im nearly always in stealth or ITC.
    Hey zokir, I just want to say I love your guide, very simple and to the point love it. Quick question though have you messed with or considered the corrupted ice dagger? It gives armor pen and stats look really nice.

Edit: Also wanted your opinion on the Dominator's Cloak? I just picked it up from the pvp campaign

I'll be using the corrupted weapon sets and purified armor set. The dominator's cloak is nice for pvp. I'm sticking with profound warding for the recovery.
    zokir.png
    edited May 2014
    zokir wrote: »
    You're the TR that used courage breaker on me so I got stomped by 2 GWFs lol. Spent the rest of the match trying to find you and use courage breaker xD

LOL well you eventually found me but you used whirl instead hahaha (I was so low health that a dagger was really enough haha) and I was actually looking for you for the curiosity of a 1v1 (yeah 1v1 in gaunt, gl for that lol)
    edited May 2014
    Ok awesome, let me know how the purified ice set works out for you? I'm curious if it's better, the only problem is that we lose out on our more stealth meter and more damage while stealthed
    edited May 2014
    So I decided to try this build today so I decided to respec and I must say that it's an amazing build, I didn't use DF in pvp before and i'm still getting used to it but still I managed to hold the point against 3 people. Really love this build thx hyenas.
    edited May 2014
    Updated for full rank 10s (except utility) & legendaries.
    zokir.png
  • godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Is it still effective at fitting the role as a roaming build in premades with the mount changes?

Also, how does this build go against HRs 1v1? I'd think being a more spike dmg build with vorpal would help immensely.
    edited June 2014
    godlysoul2 wrote: »
    Is it still effective at fitting the role as a roaming build in premades with the mount changes?

Also, how does this build go against HRs 1v1? I'd think being a more spike dmg build with vorpal would help immensely.

Yes, it is. However, I have adjusted the build to have more recovery to allow for point-holding in some cases. I also do have both a vorpal and a bilethorn now to switch between roaming and point-holding.

HR 1v1s are extremely difficult for TRs to win at the moment. It's easier to 1v1 them with a vorpal burst build than a bile, I've tested that, but if you're up against a good pathfinder HR your best bet is just to kite them until help arrives.
    zokir.png
    edited June 2014
    Hey Zokir, so I'm trying out this build and curious how the playstyle is exactly. I feel like I do no dmg and I rarely survive. Also I have a perfect bilethorn not vorpal cause my friend gave me it, I couldn't say no. Also I should mention I don't have the waters artifact cause I don't have enough AD to get it and I don't have the gwf artifact cause I don't have a gwf lol which could be hurting me a lot. I do have rank 9s silver and radiant so that's helping a little.

Also how well does build do in PvE? It doesn't seem too bad. Sorry for all the question, is just I've tried numerous amounts of builds and wasted a good chunk of AD trying to find one that does well for me and that I like of course
    edited June 2014
    Hey Zokir, so I'm trying out this build and curious how the playstyle is exactly. I feel like I do no dmg and I rarely survive. Also I have a perfect bilethorn not vorpal cause my friend gave me it, I couldn't say no. Also I should mention I don't have the waters artifact cause I don't have enough AD to get it and I don't have the gwf artifact cause I don't have a gwf lol which could be hurting me a lot. I do have rank 9s silver and radiant so that's helping a little.

Also how well does build do in PvE? It doesn't seem too bad. Sorry for all the question, is just I've tried numerous amounts of builds and wasted a good chunk of AD trying to find one that does well for me and that I like of course

The damage in this build should be very high because of the feats. With vorpal, and with bilethorn.

Survivability should be high due to the amount of HP and regen, but what's really going to impact your ability to survive is your playstyle. You need to be sure to time your rotation correctly: your stealth, your ITC, your dodges. If you'd like me to go more in-depth with this let me know.

For PvE this build actually does very well since it is executioner. Of course if you want a PvE build it's not the best and would require completely different gear.
    zokir.png
    edited June 2014
    The damage in this build should be very high because of the feats. With vorpal, and with bilethorn.

Survivability should be high due to the amount of HP and regen, but what's really going to impact your ability to survive is your playstyle. You need to be sure to time your rotation correctly: your stealth, your ITC, your dodges. If you'd like me to go more in-depth with this let me know.

For PvE this build actually does very well since it is executioner. Of course if you want a PvE build it's not the best and would require completely different gear.

If you could go more in depth that would be awesome. I definitely want a PvP build, only reason I asked about PvE is cause I do dailies, and dungeons with ppl from legit so I would like to do somewhat well in those scenarios :P. But def I want a PvP build cause that's what I mostly play. Right now I'm trying snow's pvp perma build and it seems ok so far, some games I do amazing and some I don't. That's why I was interested in this guide cause it goes down executioner like you mentioned and even though I mostly pvp I still wanted a build that does well in pvp and not so bad in pve, or at least not doing the least amount of dmg in a group lol. I played with a group yesterday and the GF almost beat me in damage lol

Also sorry to bother you but what Feats would you recommend for a non-human? Is worth getting the shocking execution feat even though shocking execution kind of got nerfed and to me it seems like whirlwind is better
  • linkingirl86linkingirl86 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hi Hyena's,

Just uppdated you post on mmominds.com. Would you like us to change the author name of the post to you own name on mmominds.com? to do that we just need you to register in your site and then we change the author to you.
    edited June 2014
    [UPDATED] with a different playstyle. With the popularization of pathfinder HR and roar-spammer GWF I've left behind my hope that TRs will not continue to be backed into the corner that is perma. I've updated my build for a semi-perma executioner playstyle with bilethorn =/ So much sadness.
    zokir.png
  • letojarred1letojarred1 Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    [UPDATED] with a different playstyle. With the popularization of pathfinder HR and roar-spammer GWF I've left behind my hope that TRs will not continue to be backed into the corner that is perma. I've updated my build for a semi-perma executioner playstyle with bilethorn =/ So much sadness.

gotta try this new playstyle, with the upcoming nerf on stealth just around the corner we need to adapt to change (well always)
    StrawberryCheesecake TR
    BlackberryCheesecake CW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CheeseCake House :o
    edited June 2014
    I guess there aren't many vorpal tr's left in this game, that's kinda sad :(
  • mikegori1mikegori1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The seal of the executioner is the old one or the new?
    edited June 2014
    mikegori1 wrote: »
    The seal of the executioner is the old one or the new?

he has the old one
  • gdawg311gdawg311 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have a quick question regardin this build. ive been following it and i love it so far, but what are the best companions to use here, or what do you guys use/think is the best, im currently leveling and would like to level up the best ones along with my character! thanks!
  • ka0ticduckxka0ticduckx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Dont mind me asking but where did you stumble upon that left ring??.. im very curious and trying to find one myself
  • sv3t1anasv3t1ana Banned Users Posts: 69
    edited August 2014
    It's a old ring that is no longer available in game.

I consider myself one of the lucky few to still have mine.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    sv3t1ana wrote: »
    It's a old ring that is no longer available in game.

I consider myself one of the lucky few to still have mine.

As a general question, what does anyone figure those would be worth unbound now? (I might have one or three....)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • mxtimemxtime Member Posts: 316 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    As a general question, what does anyone figure those would be worth unbound now? (I might have one or three....)

not more then 15 mill in any case
    not less then 5