What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PvP Leavers Feedback Thread

Comments

• Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Despite all the QQ the fact is a lot of player simply don't have the skill. It is not about gear, it is about how u play ur class.

As someone who spend 80% of his PVP pugging and only play PVP since Sep. I can tell u I have seen many 12k-14k player play like **** in PVP. They simply can't play, it has nothing to do with gear. Vice versa, if you have skill you can make up the gear difference to a certain degree depending on actual cases.

If it's a small to moderate difference skill can make a difference. Or if the person in high gs is just a pve'er looking for a quick daily and doesn't care. (That second one is honestly me) But a 14k or higher pvper is destroy a 9k gs toon everytime easily. It won't even be a competition.
  • Options
    slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    charononus wrote: »
    If it's a small to moderate difference skill can make a difference. Or if the person in high gs is just a pve'er looking for a quick daily and doesn't care. (That second one is honestly me) But a 14k or higher pvper is destroy a 9k gs toon everytime easily. It won't even be a competition.

Doubtful.

It depends on class. I know people with a 9k gs cw can take on 14k gs + PVE spec GF, 9k gs TR can also take on 13k gs PVE spec CW, and a 9k gs GWF can take on 13k gs almost anything that is PVE spec, you might eventually die but that would take remotely long for the other person to do so.

And I believe if you don't PVP often you can't understand the correlation among class, gs and skill.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Doubtful.

It depends on class. I know people with a 9k gs cw can take on 14k gs + PVE spec GF, 9k gs TR can also take on 13k gs PVE spec CW, and a 9k gs GWF can take on 13k gs almost anything that is PVE spec, you might eventually die but that would take remotely long for the other person to do so.

And I believe if you don't PVP often you can't understand the correlation among class, gs and skill.

9k gs pvp build vs 14k gs pve build was part of my point. 9k pvp vs 14k pvp 9k is getting killed. The fact that pve builds are so much worse for pvp just adds to the problem.

Also there is a difference between not really caring and not understanding the system.
  • Options
    nemus13nemus13 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hello

I believe you should put a 'debuff' on players that leave a dungeon or battleground that would restrain them from queueing another dungeon / pvp. people leaving is getting really annoying.
    Thanks.
    Level 60 GWF / Level 60 DC / Level 60 GF
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Disagree on the dungeon part. If a party keeps wiping at one dungeon and agrees to give up and run another dungeon together instead, they shouldn't be penalized for it. The wasted time / potions / skill kits / injury kits is enough of a penalty.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    respec11respec11 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    nemus13 wrote: »
    Hello

I believe you should put a 'debuff' on players that leave a dungeon or battleground that would restrain them from queueing another dungeon / pvp. people leaving is getting really annoying.
    Thanks.

+1

Really great suggestion for more quality gaming.And debuff hard, like 1h no queues :P .
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    abell39 wrote: »
    Disagree on the dungeon part. If a party keeps wiping at one dungeon and agrees to give up and run another dungeon together instead, they shouldn't be penalized for it. The wasted time / potions / skill kits / injury kits is enough of a penalty.

Alright i get that but the people leaving in PvP is ridiculous
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Not really. I can understand why people won't want to stick around if they're only gunning for the 24k glory artifact and are getting stomped hard. I can't say I support a leaving penalty until some form of matchmaking is in place.

On the other hand, I've had a few fun times where I've dropped into a game in progress where someone has left and proceeded to help the side I join win. Feels good man.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    edited December 2013

I could stay with 9k gs pugs against a pre-made, get stomped, and get 300 ish glory.

or

I could leave requeue and get a match that has a chance to be won and get 1000 glory.

The problem is to fix people afk farming pvp for glory, they swung the hammer too hard and now there is zero reason to stay in a match you don't think you'll win.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    charononus wrote: »
    I could stay with 9k gs pugs against a pre-made, get stomped, and get 300 ish glory.

or

I could leave requeue and get a match that has a chance to be won and get 1000 glory.

The problem is to fix people afk farming pvp for glory, they swung the hammer too hard and now there is zero reason to stay in a match you don't think you'll win.

I don't think it is fair to people that want to play pvp with a full team. ITS OK TO LOSE SOMETIMES. IT HAPPENS.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I don't think it is fair to people that want to play pvp with a full team. ITS OK TO LOSE SOMETIMES. IT HAPPENS.
    Yup but the point is to get "stuff" unless my time isn't wasted there is no point in staying. The only reason most people are in pvp is to either get glory for the artifact or to get glory to salvage items.

Because it's a farm for items, it's pointless to stay in a losing group. Do you stick around in a dungeon group and wipe 20 to 30 times in a row because you can't win em all and mobs need to win some too?
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hello

Thanks.

1 hour queue ban in pvp would work great but then they should make pug vs pug teams and fixed vs fixed there is no fun to 1 shot and own new ppl with 14-15k gs teams
  • Options
    lllthelordllllllthelordlll Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yes most of ppl enter pvp for daily or farm glory thats why i think they should make an open pvp area only for pvp not for farming
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Yes most of ppl enter pvp for daily or farm glory thats why i think they should make an open pvp area only for pvp not for farming

Since most people only enter for dailies and or to farm glory, that open pvp would be a money pit that Cryptic wouldn't get their money back out of. Not enough people would use it for it to be profitable for Cryptic and companies exist to make money.
  • Options
    dildronicusdildronicus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013

+1000. If it wasn't for the glory/AD, most people wouldn't bother with the lame PvP set up in this game. They really should make something for those hardcore PvP'ers who spend $100's for gear that would be worthwhile and fun for them. Can't be much fun roflstomping all the new under-geared players.
  • Options
    overddriveoverddrive Member Posts: 722 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    I have more to say on this but for now: The conclusion that most people play pvp is to farm has its only basis in a biased OPINION on how much or little fun pvp is in Neverwinter. Being a mere opinion without real substance, it is not a valid basis for anything. People don't only leave when there is no hope of winning, people also leave when they will likely win but it is not an absolute certainty, a 220-160score being an example. This needs to stop. There should be a "surrender" vote that pops for the losing team when a match is hopeless, and if the team surrenders no one loses anything, but the winning team gains glory xp, so on. That solves the problem of having to sit through a long roflstomping instead of just quitting 1 match and starting another. People who just leave need penalized.
    PanzerJäger HR Hybrid
    Jugger Conq GF
  • Options
    linknigrilinknigri Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hello

Thanks.

I desagree with u entirely, there should be no debuff. What could fix the problem is a quee sistem that takes in to acount GS. Some pvp matches are so unbalanced that I totaly agree with people leaving, its not only boring to the looser side, its pathetic to the winners too.
  • Options
    lllthelordllllllthelordlll Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    linknigri wrote: »
    I desagree with u entirely, there should be no debuff. What could fix the problem is a quee sistem that takes in to acount GS. Some pvp matches are so unbalanced that I totaly agree with people leaving, its not only boring to the looser side, its pathetic to the winners too.

i 100% support this idea too there should be GS balance between players in the queue system
  • Options
    alderonthemasteralderonthemaster Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Simply create two or three specific arenas for x2-x3 and a personal rating for PVP. X5 would be more difficult to organize teams, but x2-x3 is easy.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    NO NO NO GS matching!

1. A ranked system based on wins/losses or total pvp points is a good idea, there is no reason to lock people with lower gear scores but higher skill out of matches.

2. STOP QQing about GS!!! It is not hard to get high gs. Get a toon to 60 and farm epic dungeons; invoke, do your dailies....be a smart ah consumer. If a high gear score was incredibly rare thing to get I could se the qq'ing, but its not. If you farm a bit you will end up wit those 4 armor, 4 weapon shards + more rank 4's than you can fit in a bag + plenty of ad. Use the ad to buy level 0 epic gear (currently the Mul gear, still some fey, dark forest ear) for your low level toon and aside from the epic gear buy green gear to STACK your stat of choice (likely power), put those weap and amor enchants in the epic gear, fill the rest of the gear slots with rank 4's and 5's, and you will have a ridiculous high GS for a lowby toon and unless your horrible at the game, you will rock pvp. Stack green gear until the blue gear shows a really high main stat (usually around level 35-40) then stack blue gear until you get some (more) epic gear (from pvp or dungeons).

God its not that hard at all to get high gs without spending a rl nickel, stop crying about it, and please lets STOP this GS QQ'ing from spilling over into pvp discussion.
    PanzerJäger HR Hybrid
    Jugger Conq GF
  • Options
    xnordicxxnordicx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Since the current pvp system is a fail (unbalanced) (lack of players one side )
    both 5v5 and Gauntgrym
    i would like to see some kinda of GvG instead or as a option
    to the personal fame pvp that the game has now i think that would encurage more
    to even give pvp a try if you acctualy can benefit to your guild some how
    but well for that to happen we will need some kind of guildbase system or guildgear
    that you can spend the points won against.
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    overddrive wrote: »
    NO NO NO GS matching!

People usually use the term "GS" as an approximation for overall character power. It's hard to say each time "and he had high GS, perfects and rank 10s and 3 legendary artifacts" :P

A GS matchmaking would be bad, but a start.
  • Options
    chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Just did a few pvp's with a guildmate who needed glory for a new toon. After killing their entire team 30 seconds in, about half would leave, then we'd tell the remaining to cap to score 500 points so everyone gets glory.

I refuse to do 5v5 pvp for any reason other than to help out friends now. There's nothing fun about stomping people with 5k less gs than you.
  • Options
    inquisitorrahlinquisitorrahl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I was enjoying myself, but after getting 2 characters to 60 I have been utterly disappointed in end game PvP. I knew it was the same map same mode, but wow. This is even worse than low level dominations. One side generally leaves within 30 seconds of the match starting probably 8/10 games. If you choose to stick around you will probably waste 8-10 minutes for 0 glory.

Zero. Glory.

Then you get taunted for being a **** scrub with bad gear, but you can't improve your gear by PvP'ing unless you get the winning side(or at least not a blow out loss which seems to always be the case).

People don't want to run dungeons over and over and over again until their eyes bleed so that they have gear to use in PvP. The gear sets for my 2 classes seem to be pretty poorly planned out stat wise as well, really wishing you could customize gear here or something.

I really like this game, I do. I like the classes, I like the graphics, I like the mechanics and gameplay. But holy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, they are going to lose me on there systems and gearing etc. No leaver penalties do not help either.
    Father McGruder - Scrub geared DPS DC - I kick HAMSTER for the Lord!

Explosivo - Scrub geared MoF CW - Climb upon my BIG ASSED steed....
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    xnordicx wrote: »
    Since the current pvp system is a fail (unbalanced) (lack of players one side )
    both 5v5 and Gauntgrym
    i would like to see some kinda of GvG instead or as a option
    to the personal fame pvp that the game has now i think that would encurage more
    to even give pvp a try if you acctualy can benefit to your guild some how
    but well for that to happen we will need some kind of guildbase system or guildgear
    that you can spend the points won against.
    Absolutely not, this will turn guilds hostile to new players that can't pull their weight or might not contribute much and create losses. Guilds should be social only mechanics, anything else creates a toxic environment.
  • Options
    immahealyounowimmahealyounow Member Posts: 57
    edited December 2013
    zouldryn wrote: »
    Every game is a total blow out.someone always leaves the match.
    Only about 1 in 10 games are even fun.
    5 vs 4 or less is boring.
    Its also boring for premades to fight pugs. especially 5 premades vs 4 or less pugs.

People quit as soon as they see even a partial premade,and its boring for both sides.

I consiter the 60th lvl PVP Domintaion part of Never Winter BROKEN.

This is just giving the game a bad rep.and making pvp players leave the game.

Either fix it or remove it until it is fixed.

Suggestions:
    1.Make it so new players can join the game at any time after match starts.
    2.Add a random team que.

Any one else have suggestion how to fix this?

The OP is correct - 90% of PVP matches are less than 2-3 minutes. Yes, it's largely because of leavers. People often talk about a leaver's penalty, but I think we should consider why people leave in the first place. When I queue for pvp, I'm hoping for a fun, balanced match against teams of similar skill level. If that doesn't happen, I certainly won't be inclined to stay, and I suspect that would ring true with other PVP-passionate people as well.

Some reasons to leave a match:

1. Enemy composition is a premade troll comp. I've seen lots of guilds doing this (multiple instances of 5 GWF, 4 TR + CW, 5 GF, 4 GF + DC, 5 CW all in the past few weeks). What's a troll comp? I think we each have our own definitions, but a good rule of thumb... 3+ of any class = troll. Sure, a lot of troll comps are easily beatable (5 CW = LOL), but 90% of the time I won't bother to fight these matches. Guilds who do stuff like this can waste someone else's time.

2. Exploiting. The HR in particular is buggy right now, so Cryptic still needs some time to work out the kinks - but this applies to all classes. If I see bugs being abused, I'll drop. I definitely keep track of players and guilds who do/allow this stuff.

3. The game is incredibly easy or unwinnable. Usually you KNOW it will be one-sided before you even leave the gate (ex: enemy team is premade and you have nothing but 6k teammates or your team is in all perfect gear). Other times, everything seems fine until your team decides it would be a wonderful idea to fight a single sentinel gwf on your home node or behaves in a way that just makes the match unwinnable. It's also just as boring to blow out the enemy team and cap swap for 10 minutes.

4. Being paired with or against particular players who talk a lot of trash or just generally make PVP a negative experience. Why can't the queue system be smart enough not to pair you with people who you have on ignore, anyway? There are people out there who will corpse jump, mount hump, tell you you're trash AS YOU ARE KILLING THEM, hurl personal insults, etc. If someone trashes me, I'll either trash them back, put them on ignore, or leave matches where I'm paired with them from that point forward. Yes, I DO hold grudges against people who do stuff like this - it just doesn't make sense.

I also know that a good chunk of people do PVP for dailies or just to earn glory. If they don't get a reward for staying in the match, they won't do it.

In light of that, I'd propose the following changes to the pvp system:

1. Separate 4-5 premade queues (4v4 or 5v5) and pug queues (1-3 grouped together for 5v5 matches).
    2. Balance classes as evenly as possible on both teams (don't give one team two DCs and the other zero DCs, etc).
    3. Add a feature to "mark" players so that you do not end up in games with them again.
    4. Award glory/daily completions for the losing and winning sides regardless of personal points.
    5. While I understand it's not perfect, the system should try to average out the gearscores of both sides. This should also apply to enchantment grades (if there are two perfect vorpal senti GWFs are in a pool of players, don't put both of them on the same team for goodness sake!)
    6. Limit any premade pvp parties that use either queue to no more than two of any class.
    7. It would also be nice to have a private match system to make fighting premades a less complicated affair.

If the system actually generated more enjoyable matches, I suspect more people (including myself) would see them through to the end.

The nice thing about the current system is that 90% of premades are beatable by a pug team, so it does give you the opportunity to test yourself against some tough odds.
    * Blessing - 60 DC * * Blessa - 60 GWF * * Blessed - 60 TR * * Bless - 60 GF * * Blessings - 50 CW * * BlessedArr0w - 30 HR *

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    svana39svana39 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    izatar wrote: »
    First realize that some of those people are not rage quitting, but instead are being disconnected.

The 'fix' for this is to play as hard as you can no matter what!

Last night I had a match where the score was red 991, blue 450. Blue won the match red 996 blue 1000!

Fight on!

How do you "fix" being disconnected by playing hard? Please tell me because I am getting dc'd about ever 5 minutes.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    svana39 wrote: »
    How do you "fix" being disconnected by playing hard? Please tell me because I am getting dc'd about ever 5 minutes.

First disable on demand patching in the launcher you'll dc less on zoning, haven't had one dc since I did this the first week of open beta.

Second playing hard is for the four people that are left.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    In light of that, I'd propose the following changes to the pvp system:

1. Separate 4-5 premade queues (4v4 or 5v5) and pug queues (1-3 grouped together for 5v5 matches).
    2. Balance classes as evenly as possible on both teams (don't give one team two DCs and the other zero DCs, etc).
    3. Add a feature to "mark" players so that you do not end up in games with them again.
    4. Award glory/daily completions for the losing and winning sides regardless of personal points.
    5. While I understand it's not perfect, the system should try to average out the gearscores of both sides. This should also apply to enchantment grades (if there are two perfect vorpal senti GWFs are in a pool of players, don't put both of them on the same team for goodness sake!)
    6. Limit any premade pvp parties that use either queue to no more than two of any class.
    7. It would also be nice to have a private match system to make fighting premades a less complicated affair.

If the system actually generated more enjoyable matches, I suspect more people (including myself) would see them through to the end.

The nice thing about the current system is that 90% of premades are beatable by a pug team, so it does give you the opportunity to test yourself against some tough odds.

Agree with almost everything above.

Players that que in a group of 4/5 should only be matched against others in a group of 4/5.

- This not only allows for more balanced PUG games but also makes it 10x easier to set up premade vs premade games.

I think the biggest thing is that there is no ranking system or ladder system and thus no real way of creating evenly matched games.

When you have ranking/ladders then you can penalize people for leaving games and have it mean something, you then can also create a que system based around the ranking system to pair evenly matched teams as well.

I also think adding more gametypes would aid in creating balanced pvp...

For instance, the only reason a "perma" TR is viable is because its good at contesting nodes. If you made the game a "slayer" game or a "CTF" game (where in CTF all abilities except at wills become "locked" and un-usable while holding a flag, prevents Sents/TRs from being THE flag holder) Then it would really hinder the perma build quite a bit.

Basically the builds that are so good at holding nodes and winning games in domination, may become less and less powerful in other game types which is why I think they are needed so much.

I still hold there are obvious things that seem far too powerful, Perfect Vorpal being one of them, that cause issues in PVP games. Thats why I STILL hold that instead of nerfing anything, adding more options for enchants creates that "nerf" in a sense.

Example:

To nerf Perfect Vorpal damage, enable vorpal to be placed in armor slot to reduce crit severity on taking damage, maybe half the effect so 25% for perfect. This hurts vorpal builds while buffing other enchant options.

There are alot of ways to fix things in PVP, without hurting PVE at all... The other way to go about that as well is to give MORE options for PVP gear sets that are more attractive then whats currently offered. Honestly I dont know why we only have one T1 and one T2 "pvp" set.

We should have multiple options for both PVP and PVE sets... Things like that open the game up more and balance it without hurting PVE. Just my 2 cents
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    pers3phone wrote: »
    People usually use the term "GS" as an approximation for overall character power. It's hard to say each time "and he had high GS, perfects and rank 10s and 3 legendary artifacts" :P

A GS matchmaking would be bad, but a start.

It is a start, but there is no way I could advocate that.

Ranks Ranks Ranks. Wins = 2 point, Losses = 1 point, leaving = zero points. Limited ranked matches a day- like NINE MAX. My stupid GF - MY FIRST TOON- failed his way to a gs of 12000. No weapon enchants, no armor enchants. All rank 5 through 7's. One artifact. Spent nothing other than the time it takes to read some builds and watch some youtube videos. I DO NOT want that toon pitted against 16k gs teams with perfects everything including soulforged and vorpal just because he falls into some generic "12-16k gs" bracket. I do not want some of my guildies and friends with low gs but whom, in our premade, pwn higher gs toons and teams being locked out of certain matches or being not allowed on my team because a difference in gs.

Nope, straight wins, losses and quits ranking, simple as that.
    PanzerJäger HR Hybrid
    Jugger Conq GF
This discussion has been closed.