test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guild Medieval - Maturity, Fair Play, Family Friendly

Comments

• solamniesolamnie Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I recommend this guild totally. I joined wednesday and, in my 5.5 years of gaming, I have never met such a nice community. Helpful with dungeons, always giving advice when you need it, knowledgeable and caring <3
  • karixfu11karixfu11 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yea just joined! see you in game solamnie!
  • lukeemmauslukeemmaus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Just wanted to post...that I am back after being away for close to 4 months. I apologize to any potential applicants if you could not reach me in game. Please feel free to contact me @lukeemmaus in game or send me a PM here on these forums. I will be getting back to my Lord Crusader duties. Thank you all and I look forward to meeting you all. :)
    Cyoteugly- Lord Crusader of Guild Medieval-

Contact: Rawr/Rawrwiz@lukeemmaus, or Crusader Waggi@Waggiwi or Crusader Hersch@Herschtory: If you are interested in joining GM. We will chat about it. :)

www.guildmedieval.com
  • console1console1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Greetings lukeemmaus and everyone! Just wanted to say I dropped by your website and filled out an app. Hope to see you guys in-game!
  • wooslewoosle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    filled one out myself. hope to talk you guys soon :)
  • rhodahrhodah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    After @lukeemmaus returned to the game from a long break I am glad to be able to announce that we have one more recruiting officer: waggi :)

waggi will reply all your questions about our guild as well. Feel free to pm her ingame (@waggiwi) or ask in this thread.
  • waggiwiwaggiwi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 86
    edited December 2013
    Here i am

Thankyou Rhoda for your introduction.

:)

Feel free to pm me or add me in game x
    Waggi - Crusader of Guild Medieval-

@waggiwi
    contact me in Neverwinter if you are interested in joining GM.

www.guildmedieval.com
  • tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This sounds good. I have applied.

Edit: I withdrew the application because of a double standard.
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead
  • maendormaendor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hello,

I indicated that I was looking for a particular guild in this thread:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?555041-Does-such-a-guild-still-exist

When I have previously looked at this thread I have seen reference made to the non use of a voice protocol, but am curious as to just how many members use a voice protocol as described?

Also, given the reference made to what some consider an exploit in my inquiry, what exactly is this guild's 'strictly no exploit' policy?

I look forward to your reply, thank you. :)
  • lukeemmauslukeemmaus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    maendor wrote: »
    Hello,

I indicated that I was looking for a particular guild in this thread:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?555041-Does-such-a-guild-still-exist

When I have previously looked at this thread I have seen reference made to the non use of a voice protocol, but am curious as to just how many members use a voice protocol as described?

Also, given the reference made to what some consider an exploit in my inquiry, what exactly is this guild's 'strictly no exploit' policy?

I look forward to your reply, thank you. :)

Our mumble chat is usually pretty busy with users in all of our mmos we currently play as a guild. It is not required and if you do not wish to participate in voice chat it's perfectly fine...but if you don't mind joining and just listening in that can be very helpful for quest leaders in dungeon runs for instructions and tactics. :)

Our exploit policy is if you are caught doing it intentionally knowing that it is an exploit you will be immediately removed from the guild.

Some basic exploit tactics...finding jumps not intentionally put there by the devs to progress thru a dungeon saving possible death and time avoiding trash mobs. Running past trash mobs and dieing to spawn at next campfire....not sure if this one really works...I have heard that it does. It's all common sense stuff really if it feels like cheating...then it usually is right? :)

Contact: Rawr/Rawrwiz@lukeemmaus, or Crusader Waggi@Waggiwi or Crusader Hersch@Herschtory: If you are interested in joining GM. We will chat about it. :)

www.guildmedieval.com
  • maendormaendor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thank you for your reply, I will give GM further consideration. :)
    edited December 2013
    Thank you for your reply, I will give GM further consideration. :)
    Ty here is more information taken from our forums. :)

I have confirmed one case of exploiting and that person is no longer with the guild. Other cases are being looked into. This is a very serious matter and will be dealt with accordingly. No one is immune to this rule; I don't care how long you've been here, or how long you've played a certain game that way. It's found out, you are out the door.

I understand that MMOs can be incredibly complicated and it's not always clear that a certain behavior is an exploit. Oftentimes though, you know you aren't playing the game as intended. When it's glaringly obvious (getting money for nothing on the auction house for example) I won't take any excuses because you are purposely engaging in something anyone can plainly see shouldn't work like that.

With exploits that involve dungeon design flaws, you may not catch on right away when in a PUG. I can understand that. Someone tells you to jump down at a certain point and all the sudden you have skipped a boss. Not your fault. Once you understand the exploit, of course you should never engage in it again.

I am listing here known exploits (listed generally, we're not going to spell out how to do specific ones), and things that have been complained about on the official forums as exploits, but have been declared not-an-exploit/intended behavior by the devs. Post additions below.

Exploits
    Dungeon boss or section skipping. This is taking advantage of dungeon flaws and involves things like jumping through walls.
    Dungeon Bosses killed by either pushing off cliffs or into lava/water. Bosses are not meant to be killed by the environment or they won’t be bosses. Please do not try and justify this by comparing bosses to trash punting.
    Campfire rushing. This is running through monster groups instead of fighting to get to the next campfire. This is not sneaking past or simply ignoring trash that doesn't seem to be bothered by your presence.
    Lure Dungeon bosses into a section outside the area where they are intended to be fought. (examples are Spellplague first boss and Malabog Castle first boss)
    Lure Trash to unintended places so they are killed by the environment. An example is in spellplague where you stand in lava and wait for trash to run toward you and die in the process. This is not intended since if the lava kills trash then it should kill you.
    Wall jumping in order to exit the intended map or get under the map. This is again not intended in the game design.
    Attacking a boss where the boss can’t fight back and the adds the boss spawns can’t reach you.

Not Exploits
    Knocking trash off ledges. Where there are ledges without barriers and you've got a knockback, use it. The same can happen to you.
    Dungeon Delve pre-clearing. You can start a dungeon before the dungeon delve event starts, then change characters and back or re-log to trigger the event. I won't pretend to understand why they don't program this another way, but the devs have clearly stated it is intended for you to do this in order for you to get the bonus rewards. Maybe they are going by the VCR time shift ruling.
    Infinite boss adds. We ran into this in a guild run. Kill the bosses and their adds just keep coming. It seems to be majorly bugged and the only way past at least the second boss was running to the next spawn point to die.

www.guildmedieval.com
  • x3nix3ni Member Posts: 0
    edited December 2013
    I couldn't apply too this clan because my ingame name was Princess MileyCyrus...:confused:
    Oh well,can you guys at least tell me what guild level you guys are?
  • lovelife45lovelife45 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    We don't have a specific guild level. We do however have levels from 1-60 in the guild, if that answers your question. :)
    Neverwinter
    (Main) Soren - Level 60 Human Control Wizard, 16,400 Gearscore / Lv20 Artificing / Lv20 Leadership / Lv20 Alchemy / Lv20 Tailoring
    (Alt) Sorenette - Level 60 Sun Elf Devoted Cleric, 13,200 Gear Score
    (Alt) Sorena - Wood Elf Hunter Ranger
  • khazimirkhazimir Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Evening,

I just recently started playing Neverwinter a week ago and have found that I am enjoying it to a very high degree. I honestly haven't had this much fun with a fantasy styled game since before I left World of Warcraft. Be that as it may, there is one element that I am missing out on; a guild/community to interact with. While the game is certainly fun and entertaining, friends make it so much better. I came across your guild/community while I was browsing through the Guild Recruitment forums and I thoroughly like what I see. I have no qualms with your stated policies as they are all views that I hold myself.

A little about myself. I live near in the US (Mountain Time). I'm 30 years of age and currently a student in a major trade school. Second time around for me. I've been playing online games for nearly 13 years now. First game that I ever played and the one that got me into online gaming was Diablo II : Lord of Destruction. I have played many MMOs over the years. First MMO I ever laid hands on was City of Heroes/City of Villains and then World of Warcraft. In both World of Warcraft and City of Heroes/City of Villains. Other games that I have or am currently playing are Neverwinter, Star Trek Online, World of Tanks and various single player games that I've collected over the years.

All in all, I am highly interested in your community and would like the opportunity to join. You can find me online on Razuvious@MorthosMalkovich. I look forward to chatting with you.
  • waggiwiwaggiwi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 86
    edited December 2013
    Thankyou for a nice chat Khazimir

Hope to hear from you soon.

@waggiwi

www.guildmedieval.com
  • khazimirkhazimir Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Was a pleasure to talk with you as well Waggiwi. Hope to hear from you soon.
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013

The thing about such a policy is that if everyone abides by it, it's not onerous or hard work. Exploiting dungeons and skipping content takes the fun out of things for others. I'm delighted to say that we're not the only explicitly anti-exploit guild in NW, and there's an increasingly strong "legit" community. There's some real critical mass there.

Whether you want to join GM or not, if you're against exploiting, you might also want to give the NW_Legit_Community a look- you can do that with a quick /Channel_Join NW_Legit_Community ingame. Of course, if you're a sane, calm, friendly person who likes to play fairly, then we'd love to have you, too :)

..and shameless plug, since I am experimenting with capturing game video recently. Here's a legit Valindra kill from last night:

(One day I will get around to capturing the sound also -requires setting the default windows sound device up prior to running the game- but will spare you the Mumble chatter this time)

Well, I say kill, we can all see that she goes back to her phylactery, argh!
  • rhodahrhodah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Just a heads up for those who recently applied:

Due to the holiday season it might take a bit longer until we can process your application. Thank you for your patience.

Happy holidays !
    edited December 2013
    Wintercomp_zps7e1bac86.png

Congratulations to Krista on our Winter themed screen shot competition

@waggiwi

www.guildmedieval.com
  • mountain45mountain45 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hi there Istheguild still fairly active? i was in but left for WoW as i stated on the guild website but didnt keep up on thesite and am back now.. i guess this is why i waas removed from teh guild which is fine.

Im asking for to be re evaluated to return in and i lost my pass and stuff could you send it to my email please?
    edited December 2013
    mountain45 wrote: »
    Hi there Istheguild still fairly active? i was in but left for WoW as i stated on the guild website but didnt keep up on thesite and am back now.. i guess this is why i waas removed from teh guild which is fine.

Im asking for to be re evaluated to return in and i lost my pass and stuff could you send it to my email please?

PM me your forum name and I will get it to the right folks on the forums...and we can go from there. :)

www.guildmedieval.com
    edited January 2014
    We have a new member to Guild Medieval - Malabog Castle's Dragon

screenshot_2013-12-27-22-43-19_zpsd7e14dc5.jpg

The dragon just couldn't help himself and wanted to join in the fun.

@waggiwi

www.guildmedieval.com
  • cecestercecester Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2014
    I love what this guild seems to stand for, and from reading what members are saying about it, sounds like the guild is exactly what it claims to be. I was in a guild similar to this on PWI. It's not often you find a true family-friendly community, so huge respect and applause for this guild and all of you. The members determine the atmosphere of the guild, and this guild seems like it has only great people in it. "Be the change you want to see in the world" has always been how I strive to live - happy to see that quote a part of the guidelines/conduct page.

I have decided recently to try a new game, and this sparked my interest. The reviews have been great for Neverwinter. I haven't played D&D before, or any other MMO for a lengthy period of time besides PWI in fact. The game is currently patching, so I'm venturing around on the forums and stumbled upon this guild. Once I make a character, I would love to apply for this guild and look forward to meeting you all!
    edited January 2014
    cecester wrote: »
    I love what this guild seems to stand for, and from reading what members are saying about it, sounds like the guild is exactly what it claims to be. I was in a guild similar to this on PWI. It's not often you find a true family-friendly community, so huge respect and applause for this guild and all of you. The members determine the atmosphere of the guild, and this guild seems like it has only great people in it. "Be the change you want to see in the world" has always been how I strive to live - happy to see that quote a part of the guidelines/conduct page.

I have decided recently to try a new game, and this sparked my interest. The reviews have been great for Neverwinter. I haven't played D&D before, or any other MMO for a lengthy period of time besides PWI in fact. The game is currently patching, so I'm venturing around on the forums and stumbled upon this guild. Once I make a character, I would love to apply for this guild and look forward to meeting you all!

Thanks fantastic.

Neverwinter is a great game with lots to see and do, when you make a character add me to your friends list to chat about the guild or any questions that you may have about the game.

Waggi x

@waggiwi

www.guildmedieval.com
  • cecestercecester Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2014
    waggiwi wrote: »
    Thanks fantastic.

Neverwinter is a great game with lots to see and do, when you make a character add me to your friends list to chat about the guild or any questions that you may have about the game.

Waggi x
    Thanks Waggi! I made a character and filled out the guild application. My in-game character name is Aromia. I hope I added you to the friend's list correctly. It will take a short while for me to get used to navigating around and where to find everything on the interface in-game.
    edited January 2014
    Yes you did and it was nice to speak to you yesterday.

@waggiwi

www.guildmedieval.com
    edited January 2014
    I would like to announce our new Lord Errant Shara

The Lord Errant is responsible for coordinating Knight-Errant activity and identifying areas for guild improvement such as adding a regular dungeon run which is not currently being run in-guild.

x

@waggiwi

www.guildmedieval.com
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    waggiwi wrote: »
    I would like to announce our new Lord Errant Shara

The Lord Errant is responsible for coordinating Knight-Errant activity and identifying areas for guild improvement such as adding a regular dungeon run which is not currently being run in-guild.

x

..and also for popping down to the shop when we run out of milk, obviously.
    edited January 2014
    Now back after a few days away at a business conference as real life comes first - if anyone has added me or left me a message i will get back to you this weekend

@waggiwi

www.guildmedieval.com