test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guild Medieval - Maturity, Fair Play, Family Friendly

kobuirisgameskobuirisgames Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
www.guildmedieval.com

Guild Medieval was founded in 2001 as a haven for Diablo 2 players wishing to play in a mature, safe environment free of hacks and obnoxious behavior. We have since branched out to DDO, D3, WoW, PoE, and are exploring other worlds besides. In DDO we are known as The Silver Legion, and have become one of the largest, most successful, and stable guilds on Cannith.

We are duplicating our efforts here, offering a home to any gamer that recognizes the value in our level of organization and sterling reputation. We are family-friendly, helpful, and courteous. Thematically, we are built around the idea of feudal kingdoms and orders of knights with a strong code of conduct. Many of our members form friendships that last beyond the games we play (some have even gotten married).

Guild Medieval is foremost a community of like-minded people who happen to like playing online games together. We are only concerned about the person behind the keyboard, and not your gear or accomplishments. When joining us, you join our community which means interacting with members on our forums and not just in-game. We are always recruiting, and our requirements are strict.

*No Profanity.
*No Harassment.
*No Sexism/Racism/Bigotry.
*No Hacks.
*No Cheating.

We encourage fair play, courtesy, and camaraderie, with players both in-guild and out.

Register on our forum to see our full list of rules and policies, and fill out the application. All serious applications are considered and replied to--this means filling out the reason for joining with more than just a couple sentences. Responses are usually within 48 hours. Check back for PMs on our forums regarding your application. Applications with little information, poor grammar, or generally showing a lack of earnestness will not be considered.

To reiterate, we are highly selective. We are a guild of friends, and it's hard to make new friends with someone who doesn't make an effort in an introduction. Showing us you want to belong and value the same things we do will go a long way in your application. Your application is viewable by any member, so keep in mind that this is how you are presenting yourself to the guild.

Please use this thread for any questions you may have.

Q&A Section

Q: Are there playtime requirements?

A: None at all. Play as much as you like. Even if you quit Neverwinter, our forums are open to you (given that you have become a knight--a full and permanent member of the guild).

Q: What timezones do you play in?

A: Guild Medieval is international, with members split about evenly between the Americas and Europe, and with a good representation from Australia and East Asia. Peak times tend to be evenings for both US and EU, but there are usually a few members on at all times.

Q: Is Vent/Mumble required?

A: Nope. Some members have hearing difficulties or just don't like using it. Some have to have it off for household considerations. You will need to communicate by text chat though.

Q: Is it required to use the guild forums?

A: Yes! We are first and foremost an online community, one that happens to play games together. You do not have to be a posting maniac, but you do have to show that you can and will participate.

Q: It's okay to swear, talk about doing drugs, sex, and other "adult" topics, right?

A: Well, no. When we say "mature" we also mean having the ability to keep polite company. We are family-friendly, meaning we keep things we don't want our children hearing out of our guild gaming. You can swear to your heart's content with your mic off, but we keep our forums and chat clean.

Q: What are your age requirements?

A: Under 16 we take some consideration. Otherwise age is not a factor. As long as you are mature in thought and action, that's enough. We also have a special "Page" rank for younger children of members.

Q: What does your guild provide to its members?

A: A safe and friendly gaming environment. That's all. We get you away from griefers, cheaters, the dishonest, and the people you just don't want to be around. We have lots of nice members who gladly share loot and will help you in many and various ways, but none of that is guaranteed. A lot of what you get out is what you put in. Share and be helpful, and you'll see it come right back to you.

Q: How skilled/experienced do I have to be to join?

A: Skill and experience are not factors in joining or becoming full members of Guild Medieval. We have very skilled players and players that are still learning the game. We are only concerned about the person in front of the screen. If you have the qualities we share that make you a good person, and not necessarily a good player, we will be happy to have you.

Q: I put in an application but didn't hear back. Was I not accepted? What should I do?

A: Remember that communications are handled through our website. After you apply, you do need to check back on the site, especially to see if you have received any Personal Messages (PMs). Also check your spam folder since we do send e-mail by default when you receive a PM, post in open forum we have for waiting applicants, reply to this thread, or speak to me personally. Once you are accepted, you'll have a rank of "Squire" and will be able to view the rest of our forums. Check our site even if you did not receive a welcome letter by e-mail.

Q: I put in an application but I didn't get any e-mails or PMs, and I can't even log into the site anymore. What happened?

A: You were either outright rejected, or we attempted to contact you via PM on our site and you did not reply within a week. See above about how selective we are. Things that will get your application rejected:

*Breaking rules in your application like swearing (yes, even acronyms and replacing letters with stars), or giving graphic examples of derogatory behavior you have encountered elsewhere. We already know it is out there so we don't need specific examples of horrible things said to you or witnessed. Your application is publicly viewable, so we cannot allow those examples in the applications. Keep your application instead positive and focused on how you and Guild Medieval will be a good match.

*Applying with a forum, account, or character name that breaks our rules. We get a surprising number of these despite detailing what is not allowed in our rules. Check your names over. Do any of them break the rules that you agreed to before filling out the application, or could they be interpreted a way you didn't intend?

*Only writing a couple sentences or telling nothing of substance about yourself. Your gaming history is fine to list (we actually have a separate place for it on your profile once your account is created), but it could belong to anyone. What is it about you that will make our members want to know you?

*Poor spelling and grammar. We don't expect perfection, and understand difficulties especially if your first language isn't English, but we do expect your best effort. Communication is very important in online games, and if your application gives a headache to someone trying to decipher it, it will not be considered.
Maturity, Fair Play, Family Friendly. Sound good? Apply today at www.guildmedieval.com

Guild Medieval Recruitment Topic
Post edited by kobuirisgames on

Comments

• gumdocgumdoc Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I joined Guild Medieval about two months ago. It's been what is probably my best experience with an MMO in the past 10 years of playing online games. Great group of people who are always willing to lend a hand: as a Cleric, I struggled to solo as I got into level 40 and 50 content, but all it took was one request and I'd have at least 3-4 level 60's ready to come and help me out. Guild chat keeps things interesting, the forums are VERY active, and there are a ton of scheduled events.

Definitely worth checking them out if you are tired of dealing with all the drama that is often part of an online guild.
  • malekrothmalekroth Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If you re looking for an adult guild to share this game with, away from drama, trolls and all sorts of immature people, Guild Medieval is going to be your last and only gaming home:D

Do keep in mind we do NOT tolerate exploits, 'speed runs', hacks and cheats, so if you re like-minded you ll find a place free of those.
  • haribi2haribi2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Are u guys stil Recruiting? my char name is Fedaykin just ad me or not :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rhodahrhodah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    haribi2 wrote: »
    Are u guys stil Recruiting? my char name is Fedaykin just ad me or not :)

Hey Fedaykin,
    thanks for your interest. We are always looking for mature, family-friendly, helpful and courteous people to join our community. You can contact our Crusader Rawr@lukeemmaus ingame:) He likes to chat with people.
  • errguroerrguro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've joined this guild in 2010, and guess what, I'm not the oldest active member, not even close ;) it has been my web-refuge since then, and it's here where I feel at home on the internet :)
    I'm also one of the officers in the guild at NW, you can contact me if you have any doubt ;)
    Err Guro@Portuga666
    Errguro@Portuga666

Hakuna Matata
    ;)
    http://guildmedieval.com/
  • dreampunkladydreampunklady Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This guild is a community that is bustling with activity and friendly faces. We value good people above “epic loot” and are here to build friendships and have fun together.

GM is around to stay and is built on the foundation of this community atmosphere.

If this sounds like home to you, come check us out. We would love to meet you.
    dreampunklady_try5.png?w=500&h=78
  • baalah1baalah1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 106 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    somewhat newer member, started off in DDO but have recently migrated over to Neverwinter
    www.guildmedieval.com If you need a guild read over our website then consider joining. :cool:
  • lukeemmauslukeemmaus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hello all :) I am Cyoteugly, Crusader of Guild Medieval. I have been sick for a few days, so I am late getting to this thread. :(

I just joined GM in February 2013...and all I can say is I wish I would have met our great guild years ago. I was a member of several elitist guilds. Just full of drama and they judge their members on their gaming skills. If you are looking for a guild that is all about recruiting good mature people who just want to hang out and play...then GM is the place for you.

I could write a page on the wonderful times I have had since I joined GM. :) If you wish to talk some more please contact me in game, character handle @lukeemmaus...my two characters currently are Rawr and Rawrwiz. I look forward to chatting with you all. :)
    Cyoteugly- Lord Crusader of Guild Medieval-

Contact: Rawr/Rawrwiz@lukeemmaus, or Crusader Waggi@Waggiwi or Crusader Hersch@Herschtory: If you are interested in joining GM. We will chat about it. :)

www.guildmedieval.com
  • olonar2olonar2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I really love that i found this great guild. And i could write pages about pages too. Its just really helpful adn great to be arround nice and helpful people.

Another great benefit is that the guild is playing several other games too. Right now i am checking out ddo but mostly i am having a ton of fun playing with guildmembers Pen and Paper with the use of fantasy grounds or just some newerwinter dungeon run.

So if you are looking for a nice place were everybody is threated with respect and you can be yourself please visit our website.

Lg Flavar
  • fairevenfaireven Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Being relatively new to the Guild, I can tell you folks viewing (shopping) for Guilds this: Dungeons, we do them, Gauntlygrym, we do that, Leveling up as a Party, we do that.

Every Guild does that!

Now this Guild, is helpful, has many classes, all of them helpful, various levels of player xp, again, all helpful, we share knowledge, tips, whatever; we assist the fellow guild member enjoy the game!

Mostly, no pressure, no timeline MUSTS BE THERES, you are on or not, you can participate or not, when you are in a party, its fun, we laugh, we learn, we have fun! What..........FUN!!!

Not S-T-R-E-S-S!!!

So, check us out. Maturity-Fair Play-Family Friendly- {Beholder} !

Staralin,
    Healin and Dealin
  • dracondardracondar Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hi all,

This is a great community, respect and having a great times is what counts in this guild.
    And I'm happy that I'm part of that community now.

See u soon!!
  • malekrothmalekroth Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hello everyone, I d like to take this opportunity to introduce myself to you. Almost everyone calls me Imp and I m one of the people organising events for this lovely guild (amongst other things:P), acting as Knight Errant and officer. Besides our lovely atmosphere, we are running events on a constant basis, normal dungeons, epic dungeons (including Castle Never), Gauntlgrym, Foundries, Skirmishes, PvP, even events designed just for fun and for getting to know each other while having a good time. In Guild Medieval you ll always have something to do and you ll find that there is always a friend around to help you and back you up!

Our forums is where the heart of the guild beats, and as long as you are prepared to follow the rules, ethics and code of honour of this guild, rest assured that there is a place for you in here!

For anything you want to know, feel free to poke Cyoteugly, not only will he help you out, he is really one of the coolest people in the guild:D

For anything guild related feel free to contact me in game or through our forums:D

Imp
  • ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I would like to remind members of this guild, that bumps, no matter how carefully hidden they are, are not allowed. And if I continue to see almost daily "Hi guys, this guild is really awesome" messages, I will have no option but to close it down permanently.
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • kantazo1kantazo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thank you guys for accepting me as member, I am really looking forward to help this guild and make our mark in this awesome game. ign Kantaso if anyone member or non member sees me in game and wants to explore this land with me send me an invite.
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • sanborn32basanborn32ba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hello folks, I am looking for a new home. I have been adventuring since 1989 when i started beta testing Asherons call. Was part of one of the best known and largest Monarchies on a server at that time called The empyrean guard, run by Ghede. Spent 4 years playing AC. Have Beta tested most of the major MMO's to come along since then, including Neverwinter. I am not a hard core player, but i do like to chat. Play most evenings, and my wife plays too (we met in game playing Asherons Call 12 years ago) which is kinda what makes it work. Anyway..ingame character is isydon@sanborn32ba. Cheers.
    edited August 2013
    Hey sanborn,
    apologies for the delay. Thanks for your interest to join. I'll pm you ingame :)
    cya soon.
  • darkmagnocsdarkmagnocs Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    hey, are you guys still recruting? i download the game and started playing a few days ago and now that i check for joining to a guild, your post here makes me belive yours is the best for me, tell me if you are still recruting thanx :cool:
  • kkkellkkkell Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hi there. Can you tell me what country you are based in please? I'm in the UK and looking for a guild in the same timezone. Thanks
    edited August 2013
    Hey darkmagnocs and kkkel,

we are always recruiting and look for people who fit in our guild :)
    If you need further information feel free to contact @rhoda@rhodah or rawr@lukeemmaus ingame. We like to chat to people :)

@kkkell: We have both US players and EU players in our guild and already some guys from UK.
  • leedskalninleedskalnin Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I just applied. :)
  • kobuirisgameskobuirisgames Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hi all. Back from vacation and available again to answer questions.

In guild news, we are now in alliance with New OutRiders! We look forward to many fine adventures with them.

I would also welcome the opportunity to partner with other like-minded guilds. Check our rules. If your guild is along the same lines, and absolutely keeps chat clean, drop me a line and we can discuss.
    Maturity, Fair Play, Family Friendly. Sound good? Apply today at www.guildmedieval.com

Guild Medieval Recruitment Topic
  • t0skeyt0skey Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
  • tundrrabloomtundrrabloom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hi all. Back from vacation and available again to answer questions.

In guild news, we are now in alliance with New OutRiders! We look forward to many fine adventures with them.

Welcome back! May we find grand adventures together all along the Sword Coast!
  • gardhullgardhull Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Tried to hit the guildmedieval website, but it appears to be down.
    edited August 2013
    gardhull wrote: »
    Tried to hit the guildmedieval website, but it appears to be down.

Hello gardhull,

Yes, our website was down. It's up again now :)

If you are interested to join us you can either fill out the application on our website or pm me ingame (rhoda@rhoda) for further information.

rhoda
  • gardhullgardhull Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    rhodah wrote: »
    Hello gardhull,

Yes, our website was down. It's up again now :)

If you are interested to join us you can either fill out the application on our website or pm me ingame (rhoda@rhoda) for further information.

rhoda

Thanks!

Just finished filling out the registration form at the site before checking forums here.
    Seeya in game,

Gard
  • olverantolverant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I like what I see so far, but what do you mean by "family friendly"? In my experience that phrase is code for "we don't want those kind of people here; think of the children!" or something worse.
  • tydestreamtydestream Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    How would I begin my application process? I am certainly interested Guild Medieval :)
    edited August 2013
    I think they just mean that they want polite and well-mannered individuals. It seems as though they are against prejudice... So i think that they do not mean "Those People."
    edited August 2013