What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hunter Ranger Booster Pack Preview

Comments

• Options
    lllyxep78lllyxep78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Excellent! And when this miracle can be seen in the Russian version?)
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ukspawn wrote: »
    Anyone know the stats, specifically active bonus of companion?

CTntck1.png

And bumping it up to purple quality should increase the max total damage to 10%.

All this info is from the preview server and subject to change.
    lllyxep78 wrote: »
    Excellent! And when this miracle can be seen in the Russian version?)

I'm guessing once they are done with the localization testing, the separate server will go away and Russians will be playing on Dragon like everyone else so they will have it as well.
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    CWs and HRs love the active bonus on this pet.

Without a price I reserve judgement on the pack. I was hoping the HR booster would be the $20 pack with the pet and some cool stuff like the other $20 packs, but it seems likely it will cost more and atm that cuts me out (but that doesn't mean I think it should cost $20 just that I'm low on cash atm.)
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    CWs and HRs love the active bonus on this pet.

Without a price I reserve judgement on the pack. I was hoping the HR booster would be the $20 pack with the pet and some cool stuff like the other $20 packs, but it seems likely it will cost more and atm that cuts me out (but that doesn't mean I think it should cost $20 just that I'm low on cash atm.)

Given that it includes a 1500 zen item and a 1000 zen item, I would say $25 is likely the lowest it will cost.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    Given that it includes a 1500 zen item and a 1000 zen item, I would say $25 is likely the lowest it will cost.

Blue companions tend to cost 2000 Zen. So with the Adventurer's Helper Pack costing 1500 Zen, and the GBoH costing 1000 Zen, we already have 2000 + 1000 + 1500 = 4500 Zen right there. Of course, there's the expectation of a combo pack like this having an inherent discount, so I'm thinking it'll cost somewhere between 3000 and 4500 Zen.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hmmm... My PnP ranger had a hawk companion, all the way back to AD&D. I may look into this.
    maritain wrote: »
    Hatchets? Really? Why not knives/daggers, which fit conceptually with every race, e.g. Elves? Sigh.

Maybe because there will be a hundred different knife skins to choose from already.

Or maybe they want to make hand axes the most common ranger (melee) weapon to further distinguish them from rogues, where knives are far and away the most common weapon.

And who says that axes/hatchets don't fit conceptually with elves? Maybe some peoples preconceptions are a bit on the narrow side.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Hmmm... My PnP ranger had a hawk companion, all the way back to AD&D. I may look into this.

Maybe because there will be a hundred different knife skins to choose from already.

Or maybe they want to make hand axes the most common ranger (melee) weapon to further distinguish them from rogues, where knives are far and away the most common weapon.

And who says that axes/hatchets don't fit conceptually with elves? Maybe some peoples preconceptions are a bit on the narrow side.

Playing off your last comment - axes are more of a survival/woodsman tool than a dagger or short sword, so that could be why they went that route. If the axe in the 1st picture is the one from the set, then it is pretty ornate and nice looking, to boot!
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • Options
    dheffernandheffernan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I couldn't justify buying this at $25. The weapons expire (even if they leveled you'd eventually replace them) and I've already got a Lilend (and a Slyph) and a Greater Bag stashed for my HR. As much as I'd rather have a hawk following my HR around than a snake lady (I love birds, especially raptors) I could never justify actually using the hawk unless it had a power like Smite Instance. The Lilend is too good to not use.
    @Venture-1 @Venture from City of Heroes if you remember that far back. Yes, *that* Venture. Yes, I probably trashed your MA arc. For me it was Tuesday.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    If they want to increase this set's value, they should make the weapons and armor pieces free to transmute - so if I like the unique bow or cloak, I can get the look at 60, for no extra cost...
  • Options
    onyxheart1onyxheart1 Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I've spent money on zen, bought both the Guardian of Neverwinter and Knight of the Feywild packs, but unless this pack is A LOT less than what those cost, i doubt i'll buy it.

They don't even have the race i'd want to play a Hunter Ranger as, Razorclaw or Longtooth Shifters, so the items wouldn't even be used by me until those are added
    KDF for Life! <3 Romulan at Heart <3 Fed cause they made me ~ :P
  • Options
    slambitslambit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 282 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    that backward facing axe just looks stupid, imo.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    slambit wrote: »
    that backward facing axe just looks stupid, imo.

considering these items are "booster" items to help me level my new ranger, i wouldn't care of they were a couple of backward-facing chickens. they're going to be replaced and i'll likely use skins later on at level 60. i'm definitely going to have to get this pack.
  • Options
    scottligulascottligula Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    considering these items are "booster" items to help me level my new ranger, i wouldn't care of they were a couple of backward-facing chickens. they're going to be replaced and i'll likely use skins later on at level 60. i'm definitely going to have to get this pack.

If they were chickens.... THAT would be a solid reason for getting this.
    I know you cant say as you are not part of the dev team. (and wouldn't say even if you were)
    Perhaps you (cryptic) will surprise us by announcing two other packs for Mod 2. Then the HR booster pack can be just that... a cute add on.
    You are running this REAL close to launch though.
    I remain doubtful, saddened, and fearful that this is all were gonna have the option of buying.
    -Scottligula
    They came from.... BEHIND!!!! ;)
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    unfortunately, the CMs are telling us that this is the only pack right now. i don't know if that means there is something coming later or if it means this is it. with the hunter ranger being a much-desired class, it would make some sense but there is also a whole new zone and campaign to explore. i suppose we'll have to wait and see.
  • Options
    rojorrojor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    unfortunately, the CMs are telling us that this is the only pack right now. i don't know if that means there is something coming later or if it means this is it. with the hunter ranger being a much-desired class, it would make some sense but there is also a whole new zone and campaign to explore. i suppose we'll have to wait and see.

*taps foot impatiently*
  • Options
    rajanixisarajanixisa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 87
    edited December 2013
    Would they at least be willing to give us a price in zen?

Not everyone's money is always fluid, some of us stick to budgets.
    -Rajani Isa
  • Options
    grunangrunan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    My Question is this. As a founder will my Founder rewards carry over to any new class that is put into the game.. Will my ranger, with or with out the ranger pack you are selling, still get his mail with all the founder stuff in it? will i still get a lvl 60 purp wep? have all of those changes been thought of? i hope i dont have to buy an all new pack just for the ranger. I mean. i prob will but i still want him to have my founder title and all the stuff that comes with it.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    grunan wrote: »
    My Question is this. As a founder will my Founder rewards carry over to any new class that is put into the game.. Will my ranger, with or with out the ranger pack you are selling, still get his mail with all the founder stuff in it? will i still get a lvl 60 purp wep? have all of those changes been thought of? i hope i dont have to buy an all new pack just for the ranger. I mean. i prob will but i still want him to have my founder title and all the stuff that comes with it.

I recall somewhere in the preview subforum, that the devs stated they were adding the greycloak and delzoun weapon, for rangers...
  • Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    this needs to include an extra character slot.
  • Options
    traxsutraxsu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited December 2013
    knightfalz wrote: »
    Lame.

All blues for items and the companion, no new mount, no AD, and a Greater Bag of Holding for one character (though if the GBH is bound to that character it would be unique).

This better be a cheap pack.

I have to agree, this is a terrible pack. If you're introducing a new character, why wouldn't you offer a 60 dollar one with an additional character slot along with some other goodies?

And to those asking, this pack is approximately worth 20 USD or 2000 Zen. Guaranteed on that price.

(I do admit the active bonus of the pet is a must have for any ranger.)

Just to point out to upgrade this to purple 750,000 AD is approximately 1531 ZEN.

So you're basically just paying 3500 zen for a purple pet which gives 10% bonus damage.

The rest is just worthless really.
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Blue companions tend to cost 2000 Zen. So with the Adventurer's Helper Pack costing 1500 Zen, and the GBoH costing 1000 Zen, we already have 2000 + 1000 + 1500 = 4500 Zen right there. Of course, there's the expectation of a combo pack like this having an inherent discount, so I'm thinking it'll cost somewhere between 3000 and 4500 Zen.

Are the things within the Adventurer's Helper pack bound?

Assuming that this is the same article for sale in the C-Store, I saw that it comes with some stuff that, while useful, isn't a huge deal to me, but then I saw an XP booster, and I have zero interest in those things.

If I want kits or altars or potions I will just buy those with gold. The greater ID scrolls will probably be useful, and they have to cover the cost for those from the AD market, but that XP booster is something that I will never use, and if I knew that I could sell it then it would help me decide to buy this or not when they reveal the price.

The bag is fine. The blue companion account wide is obviously a thing, and even a title has some worth, though it will vary by individual, but after that it tails off.
    The gear will just turn into a small amount of silver after a few levels, unless the skins are unique, but that adventurer's pack is nothing that I would ever see myself buying. It's just there to inflate the cost to me. Knowing that I might be able to get some AD back from the thing by putting up some of the items on the AH would be nice.
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I heard there will be a shadowmantle pack and this pack is just for rangers, so calm down everyone. lol
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    cruachanxcruachanx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I heard there will be a shadowmantle pack and this pack is just for rangers, so calm down everyone. lol

Where did you hear that from?
  • Options
    cruachanxcruachanx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    traxsu wrote: »
    I have to agree, this is a terrible pack. If you're introducing a new character, why wouldn't you offer a 60 dollar one with an additional character slot along with some other goodies?

And to those asking, this pack is approximately worth 20 USD or 2000 Zen. Guaranteed on that price.

(I do admit the active bonus of the pet is a must have for any ranger.)

Just to point out to upgrade this to purple 750,000 AD is approximately 1531 ZEN.

So you're basically just paying 3500 zen for a purple pet which gives 10% bonus damage.

The rest is just worthless really.

My chances of buying this are if it retails for:

$20 No Brainer! 100%
    $25 Most Likely 75%
    $30 Maybe 50%
    $35+ Not Likely Less than 10%
  • Options
    yeahnubbyyeahnubby Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Source would be nice, since even the mods haven't heard about any plans for a Shadowmantle pack for now
  • Options
    haplo88haplo88 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    antovaras wrote: »
    They do at the moment on test

How do you get the greycloak etc on the test server? I have made several rangers and the items don't show up not he vendor for me nor do I get the email.

And while I am at it, how do you get the hawk on the test server as someone posted earlier?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    haplo88 wrote: »
    And while I am at it, how do you get the hawk on the test server as someone posted earlier?

You can pull up the tooltips for any companion listed in the collection system.
  • Options
    haplo88haplo88 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    You can pull up the tooltips for any companion listed in the collection system.

Aha! Thanks. But what about the greycloak stuff?
  • Options
    thecainthecain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    cruachanx wrote: »
    My chances of buying this are if it retails for:

$20 No Brainer! 100%
    $25 Most Likely 75%
    $30 Maybe 50%
    $35+ Not Likely Less than 10%

^ This. Even then, $20 is a bit iffy with me. For $20, I could buy about 2 or 3 heroes on Marvel Heroes, and I've dumped over 500+ hours into that game of pure fun. You're really going to have to win me over with the Ranger if I'm going to be spending money, especially since every facet of the game seems battered to death with demanding payment, especially of the coinage that you HATE for us to be able to get (IE, Astral Diamonds, since you still have the Rough Astral Diamond system).

I've become so turned off by this game and it's desire to shake Zen or Zen-Converted-to-Astral-Diamonds out of me that this is literally becoming their last chance to woo me, and my pocket book. Please note: For the grindy, mindless fun that I got to have out of Marvel Heroes (which let me EXP literally any way I wanted to, with several modes, one dedicated to just running around and killing stuff, something I used to get fun out of in the foundry), they've managed to pull $150 from me. Though, this is also due to the fact there's no daily limit on how many eternity splinters (alternate way to unlock heroes) that you can get per day.

So yeah, there's a LOT of work to be had by this game. I didn't even log in that much for the double EXP weekend. All bets are on the Ranger class... and hopefully more features/companions that aren't "PAY US MORE FLARKING MONEY!!!!!11!1!11" types of content additions. I'm not holding my breath.
  • Options
    xnordicxxnordicx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Cant realy see the use of this pack since the ranger is overpowerd
    anyhow at lower levels and for pet i suppose it still will be best to buy a ionstone.