test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hunter Ranger Booster Pack Preview

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited December 2013 in News & Announcements
To get players ready for a new experience when Shadowmantle launches, we’re introducing a new pack filled with unique items including starting weapons, a new companion, and armor to aid you in your battles.

Read more about the items here: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1046681

-Dwight
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• Options
    slambitslambit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 282 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    just to be clear, those who bought heroes of the north pack will still get a hunter ranger weapon from the greycloak box right?
  • Options
    antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    slambit wrote: »
    just to be clear, those who bought heroes of the north pack will still get a hunter ranger weapon from the greycloak box right?
    They do at the moment on test
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    very nice.
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Lame.

All blues for items and the companion, no new mount, no AD, and a Greater Bag of Holding for one character (though if the GBH is bound to that character it would be unique).

This better be a cheap pack.
  • Options
    untamedengineer#6733 untamedengineer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Any idea on the estimated ZEN needed to purchase or if you can purchase the pack for real life currency?
  • Options
    matii1509matii1509 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    How much ZEN it will cost?

Title is avalible only in game or in forum too?
  • Options
    slambitslambit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 282 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    antovaras wrote: »
    They do at the moment on test

ah thanks, i made a few test rangers and none of them got their hero or guardian packs :)
  • Options
    drolger0612drolger0612 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    What about the rest of us that are not going to play a ranger. Is there plans for a shadowmantle pack.
  • Options
    rosicrucianistrosicrucianist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    What about the rest of us that are not going to play a ranger. Is there plans for a shadowmantle pack.

I had assumed they were doing something similar to the previous two packs. That's unfortunate.
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited December 2013

The pack has two ranger items, the rest are available for any class.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    burndburnd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    the companion that unlocks through my account does that mean each of my existing characters will get the companion?
  • Options
    maritainmaritain Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hatchets? Really? Why not knives/daggers, which fit conceptually with every race, e.g. Elves? Sigh.
  • Options
    stonermkiistonermkii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    burnd wrote: »
    the companion that unlocks through my account does that mean each of my existing characters will get the companion?

Yep, sure does.
  • Options
    dheffernandheffernan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Very disappointing to not know what this is going to cost. With the Zen sale ending today it would have been nice to have the opportunity to stock up on advance. Now I'll probably just pass on it.
    @Venture-1 @Venture from City of Heroes if you remember that far back. Yes, *that* Venture. Yes, I probably trashed your MA arc. For me it was Tuesday.
  • Options
    stonermkiistonermkii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Im going to take a shot in the dark and say its probably going to be around 50/60 bucks tbh. Getting quite a lot of stuff in this pack. I most likely wont be biting on it though.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i'm going to take a stab (and this is purely speculative) and say that this pack will be well under 6000z since it doesn't have a mount, but is a bit more than a starter pack with the greater bag of holding... i'd guesstimate that the pack will probably come in around 3000 - 3500z.
  • Options
    gipsylassgipsylass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 61
    edited December 2013
    I thought I had read a while back that there'll be a Shadowmantle Pack as well. But I'm not sure... can't find it anymore where I read that.

I'd guess the ranger pack will be around 20,-- bucks or something like this.

The Feywild Pack had way more than the ranger pack and was 60,00. I still hope that there'll be a Shadowmantle Pack as well...
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So the new ranger pack doesn't have a character slot so you can create a ranger? Seems like it would have been a good idea to include at least 1 additional character slot in this.
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    vegasonevegasone Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 94
    edited December 2013
    dwightmc wrote: »
    To get players ready for a new experience when Shadowmantle launches, we’re introducing a new pack filled with unique items including starting weapons, a new companion, and armor to aid you in your battles.

Read more about the items here: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1046681

-Dwight

If the blue items you get with this pack don't scale with level, I will not be purchasing this. It's funny how they are not mentioning this aspect of it.

Why would we pay for a booster pack with blue items that we would outgrow by level 15??
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    I wouldn't pay 6000z for this. I hope they aren't trying to sell it for that much. I was really hoping for something better. With cosmetics and AD added too. Something more like the Knight of the Feywild pack. But with no mount, no AD, no cosmetics, this one better not be more than 3000z.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    i'm going to take a stab (and this is purely speculative) and say that this pack will be well under 6000z since it doesn't have a mount, but is a bit more than a starter pack with the greater bag of holding... i'd guesstimate that the pack will probably come in around 3000 - 3500z.

True...didnt take into account the no mount part. Dem mounts be expensive lol. Either way im kinda excited for the Ranger. Bought a bunch of character slots at release waiting for some awesome classes. After the Ranger i'll still have 4 open.
  • Options
    untamedengineer#6733 untamedengineer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Comparing this to a Guardian of the North pack, this should be no more than $39.99 top. Guardian had an account wide purple companion, account wide mount, 600k AD, and other starter boosts. A $10.00 GBH does not make up for the difference in order to justify a $60 pricing structure.

Personally I have purchased every pack that has been issued to date... until this pack (at least as it stands today).
  • Options
    thebrimanthebriman Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »

Also, this one doesn't have the 600,000 AD that those $60 packs come with. 3000z seems about right to me on this one (again, complete guesswork here).
  • Options
    xiuhdragonxiuhdragon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Was excited for the hunter pack, but now iam disappointed with what it includes, so wondering if its worth buying or skipping it for once ....
  • Options
    rosicrucianistrosicrucianist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    thebriman wrote: »
    Also, this one doesn't have the 600,000 AD that those $60 packs come with. 3000z seems about right to me on this one (again, complete guesswork here).

I might pay up to 3000z for it, but no more, and I am not sure about it. I'm really surprised they didn't go with the standard they set with the previous packs ($60, and $20). This just doesn't seem to be worth it, especially if you aren't going Ranger heavy. Hopefully this is the $20 pack, and there will be a $60 pack as well with purples/mounts/companions.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    xiuhdragon wrote: »
    Was excited for the hunter pack, but now iam disappointed with what it includes, so wondering if its worth buying or skipping it for once ....

I can't believe there are no purples in the pack.
  • Options
    scoutmasterjscoutmasterj Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Can you buy the pack with ZEN, or just real world money. guess I'd do the bonus Zen if I could get the pack with the zen.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Can you buy the pack with ZEN, or just real world money. guess I'd do the bonus Zen if I could get the pack with the zen.

Says Zen in the description.
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    maritain wrote: »
    Hatchets? Really? Why not knives/daggers, which fit conceptually with every race, e.g. Elves? Sigh.

Hatchets for very well conceptually with a hunter woodsman concept. They're also pretty versatile tools.
    What, you think that even elves use longswords to chop wood? :)
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'd pay up to 3000z for it, but no more. I'm really surprised they didn't go with the standard they set with the previous packs ($60, and $20).

to be honest, not really worth more than 1250 max, almost seems like some one thought this up while eating breakfast, no way that is a proper "booster" pack