test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hunter Ranger Booster Pack Preview

Comments

• Options
    rajanixisarajanixisa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 87
    edited December 2013
    Can you buy the pack with ZEN, or just real world money. guess I'd do the bonus Zen if I could get the pack with the zen.

At the very end of the article it says both, basically - but initially only Zen.
    -Rajani Isa
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Can you buy the pack with ZEN, or just real world money. guess I'd do the bonus Zen if I could get the pack with the zen.

you will eventually be able to buy this pack for real world money from the site in the future but on release day, it will be only available from the zen store.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    vegasone wrote: »
    If the blue items you get with this pack don't scale with level, I will not be purchasing this. It's funny how they are not mentioning this aspect of it.

Why would we pay for a booster pack with blue items that we would outgrow by level 15??

the guardian pack and HotN pack has a blue helper weapon that doesn't scale: Greycloak's Legacy. they're intended to be "boosters" to help you along.
  • Options
    andferne3andferne3 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    The items included in this pack has definitely been a let down. At least from my personal point of view. I hope that they do not charge $59.99 for this like the other two packs. This looks more like one of the Starter packs.
    No 600k Astral Diamonds
    No fashion set
    No extra character slot
    No PWE Games gift package
    No mount
    No new race (Granted Guardian pack did not have one as well. Which I am fine with as it is still a far better deal than this pack.)
    Does include a companion which is blue quality. While the other two packs contained a purple quality companion.
  • Options
    enzododenzodod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
    edited December 2013
    I might pay up to 3000z for it, but no more, and I am not sure about it. I'm really surprised they didn't go with the standard they set with the previous packs ($60, and $20). This just doesn't seem to be worth it, especially if you aren't going Ranger heavy. Hopefully this is the $20 pack, and there will be a $60 pack as well with purples/mounts/companions.

:O Do you all think they will come out with a better pack (i.e. epic mount/companion account wide; AD, Char. slot etc) after they release this pack? If so, those who bought this pack will kick themselves in the butt for not waiting..

Personally, I want to get a pack for my HR but I do not know if I should wait to see if there is a better pack coming out later. Don't have the $ to buy both...
  • Options
    rosicrucianistrosicrucianist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    enzodod wrote: »
    :O Do you all think they will come out with a better pack (i.e. epic mount/companion account wide; AD, Char. slot etc) after they release this pack? If so, those who bought this pack will kick themselves in the butt for not waiting..

Personally, I want to get a pack for my HR but I do not know if I should wait to see if there is a better pack coming out later. Don't have the $ to buy both...

I doubt they will have a better pack "post release" although before it comes out they might announce a second. Even if they do, the items will be different. If you look at the previous packs released, the $60 and $20 dollar packs contain different items, so you could buy both (I know I did with the first pack). I doubt the $60 pack would be as Ranger heavy.
  • Options
    rosicrucianistrosicrucianist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    andferne3 wrote: »
    The items included in this pack has definitely been a let down. At least from my personal point of view. I hope that they do not charge $59.99 for this like the other two packs. This looks more like one of the Starter packs.
    No 600k Astral Diamonds
    No fashion set
    No extra character slot
    No mount
    No new race (Granted Guardian pack did not have one as well. Which I am fine with as it is still a far better deal than this pack.)
    Does include a companion which is blue quality. While the other two packs contained a purple quality companion.

Can't agree more. I think a $60 and $20 pack per expansion was a wonderful idea and I can't understand why they stopped it now. I know several people who would buy both, and many guildies would usually buy one or the other. Now they can only hope to sell 1 pack, at a reduced cost. If the pack costs more than $20, then they could lose people that could only spend $20 o he expansion. My hopes they are going to announce a second pack, but they are announcing this one late as it is...
  • Options
    silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I would also guess that this will come in around 3000 to 3500 ZEN. Looks like maybe they are doing things a little differently this time by offering only a single pack somewhere in the middle of the previous $20 and $60 offerings.

Or maybe this is just a way to offer an option for the many players who have expressed an interest in purchasing packs with ZEN instead of cash. Maybe we will see a larger pack offered with the mysterious undead horse mount in the marketplace on Mimic. But, with the release so close I would expect them to announce that soon or not at all.
  • Options
    caycepollardcaycepollard Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    to be honest, not really worth more than 1250 max, almost seems like some one thought this up while eating breakfast, no way that is a proper "booster" pack

Anybody saying they'd pay 3000Z for this has Z to burn. I'm with you. 1250 AT THE EXTREME MOST is all I'd pay for this. That's mostly for the companion & bag of holding. The items are junk that will be outgrown by level 15, and ... There isn't much else, is there?
  • Options
    rojorrojor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    andferne3 wrote: »
    No 600k Astral Diamonds
    No fashion set
    No extra character slot
    No mount

Completely agree,

There is nothing in here to entice me to buy it, i mean even the companion is blue....
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Anybody saying they'd pay 3000Z for this has Z to burn. I'm with you. 1250 AT THE EXTREME MOST is all I'd pay for this. That's mostly for the companion & bag of holding. The items are junk that will be outgrown by level 15, and ... There isn't much else, is there?

I think $20 is fairer, but I am beginning to think $30 is a bit much. I want to support the developers but I have bought previous packs as well as Zen, so I might skip this one.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Is this pack going to be available for Zen, or only as a direct purchase? Can we get an idea of the role/powers for the companion, (I'm assuming it'll be another striker).

Thank you.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Is this pack going to be available for Zen, or only as a direct purchase? Can we get an idea of the role/powers for the companion, (I'm assuming it'll be another striker).

Thank you.

Both, but Zen only at Launch...
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Both, but Zen only at Launch...

Ok. So if you figure the average blue companion costs 2000 Zen, a GBoH costs 1000 Z, plus the other mentioned items, plus the account-wide nature of the companion, I'm gonna guess somewhere between 3000 and 4500 Z.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Ok. So if you figure the average blue companion costs 2000 Zen, a GBoH costs 1000 Z, plus the other mentioned items, plus the account-wide nature of the companion, I'm gonna guess somewhere between 3000 and 4500 Z.

My guess is 3000z (Bag+Companion with other stuff added as fluff), but I'm not sure I'll be picking it up for that price. I will definitely not pick it up for more than that.
  • Options
    stormcrowcjstormcrowcj Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    At last I can now see the gear I'll be fighting with I have been waiting for some time as soon as it was announced the hunter Ranger class and now I can see the weapons and kit it will have will the Hawk be able to reach Epic status but ofcorse I be getting the pack have the slot already in waiting I work 1st shift but as soon as I get home I'm there starting the new Hunter Ranger
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    My guess is 3000z (Bag+Companion with other stuff added as fluff), but I'm not sure I'll be picking it up for that price. I will definitely not pick it up for more than that.

I hope you're right - that is a very good price, and hopefully indicates the addition of more account-wide companions as being purchasable for Zen...
  • Options
    scottligulascottligula Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Assuming they were gonna hit us with the full brunt of the "retail" price.
    Now if they want people to buy this, then they need to kick down... so to speak.

Any more than 3000 Zen for this pack had better include a tube of KY with it.

On the other hand i would have no issues with kicking down 6000 Zen for a proper pack, with a purple pet, mount, new outfit, and 1Million AD.
    I know they have the models ready, the voice work done, the skins for mounts, ect... its almost like they are being real lazy with this one. (if you think I'm lying... wait a week or two after launch to see what they offer in the Zen Store.)

Now go... and don't ya dare look back!!!!
    They came from.... BEHIND!!!! ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Assuming they were gonna hit us with the full brunt of the "retail" price.
    Now if they want people to buy this, then they need to kick down... so to speak.

Any more than 3000 Zen for this pack had better include a tube of KY with it.

On the other hand i would have no issues with kicking down 6000 Zen for a proper pack, with a purple pet, mount, new outfit, and 1Million AD.
    I know they have the models ready, the voice work done, the skins for mounts, ect... its almost like they are being real lazy with this one. (if you think I'm lying... wait a week or two after launch to see what they offer in the Zen Store.)

Now go... and don't ya dare look back!!!!

I'm gonna reserve judgment until we get full details. I am going to say that I'm anticipating at least a $60 pack for Shadowmantle, like we got for Feywild. I mean, this pack very specifically links to the new class - which we haven't gotten before.

One other question, though - are the included weapons available for any/all HRs we make? So if I roll 2 of them, will both get the items?

Thanks again!
  • Options
    proteusknightproteusknight Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I had assumed they were doing something similar to the previous two packs. That's unfortunate.

COMPLETELY AGREE!!! WHAT A LET DOWN!

I was so ready for a new cool mount and companion, "blue", really! I hope that is not an indication of the hunter/ranger as a playable character! Really, this should have been released during April Fools, as I would hope that this was really just a joke!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    COMPLETELY AGREE!!! WHAT A LET DOWN!

I was so ready for a new cool mount and companion, "blue", really! I hope that is not an indication of the hunter/ranger as a playable character! Really, this should have been released during April Fools, as I would hope that this was really just a joke!

Keep in mind that this is the HUNTER RANGER pack - as far as we are aware, it has nothing to do with Shadowmantle, at this point. I would not be surprised if we got a $20 and $60 pack still, just like we did for Feywild...
  • Options
    myenethe1stmyenethe1st Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Very, very disappointing pack. The people who buy this are likely to be the ones who bought before - peopel who already have purple pets and mounts.

No new purple pet, no new mount, no new fashion...no point in buying.
  • Options
    rojorrojor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Keep in mind that this is the HUNTER RANGER pack - as far as we are aware, it has nothing to do with Shadowmantle, at this point. I would not be surprised if we got a $20 and $60 pack still, just like we did for Feywild...

I sincerely hope you are correct :rolleyes:
  • Options
    proteusknightproteusknight Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    knightfalz wrote: »
    Lame.

All blues for items and the companion, no new mount, no AD, and a Greater Bag of Holding for one character (though if the GBH is bound to that character it would be unique).

This better be a cheap pack.

GBH not bound just claimable only once:

Adventurer’s Helper Pack (Claimable by ONE Character on the Account)

A sack of assorted Skill Kits, Identification Scrolls, and other valuable tools for a busy adventurer.

Greater Bag of Holding (Claimable by ONE Character on the Account)

STILL NOT WORTH IT, AT THE MOMENT!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If there is NOT a mount or AD, I'm NOT getting it..
  • Options
    markfalconemarkfalcone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4
    edited December 2013
    Hate to say it, but I'm with a lot of these other guys: This had better be a VERY cheap pack, as in under $20. So far the packs have been $20 and higher. As it is, this pack only has two things total that would go up through any one character's career, the hawk and the bag, as opposed to the previous packs which, if memory serves (and there's no guarantee of that, I admit) had more.
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,983 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well, actually reading the description and title, as bioshrike has already pointed out, this is a Hunter Ranger booster pack, it says nothing about Shadowmantle except that they happen to launch on the same day.

For someone wanting to start a HR at launch, it will probably be pretty good value. And we still have no idea about cost, so saying it isn't good value seems a bit negative and premature.

I'm also hoping for a Shadowmantle Pack with some extra goodies like the KotFW pack.
    Is it finally a T5/U/T6 KDF Science Ship?
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Nope, just a McKrenim Happy Meal toy.
    IMPERIAL AUSMONAUTS - STO Klingon & Rom-Klink Fleet.

My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zpsb3deonfo.png
  • Options
    rutaqrutaq Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'd much rather have a pack that has:

-A unique weapon that can level with the character, as was announced for the Shadowmantle expansion
    -A mount or 600k Astral Diamonds

The way I see this, you're going to have a nice advantage with the bow for a short period of time, maybe 10 levels. Then, it and the gear are going to be obsolete, if not before then. The bag is useful, but limited to one character. The account-wide pet is useful, but...meh. A small helper pack of random junk is nice, but so far, none of it really screams "worth my money" especially if this pack is priced anywhere close to previous packs.

Also - what about a pack that doesn't focus just on the Ranger? Just a general Shadowmantle pack?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    It would be really great if this hawk had some debuffs in its attacks - like an eye rake that debuffs the damage they do, or a "harry" attack that generates threat and debuffs the target's damage resistance...
  • Options
    ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Anyone know the stats, specifically active bonus of companion?