test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hunter Ranger Booster Pack Preview

12346»

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The companion in the HR booster pack is account-wide.

If you're talking about other companions, then this isn't the place for it.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    axan29 wrote: »
    If they made the companions account wide I would buy them, but the price for a single purchase Is way too high and the price to upgrade them is way to high.

2000 zen for a "normal" blue companion. 1000 zen for a Greater Bag of Holding. 1500 zen for the Helper Pack. 4500 zen. Admittedly the Helper Pack is "meh" at best. Even if we ignore that then we are at 3000 zen for the booster pack's value, you are basically paying 500 extra zen to make your blue companion account wide. And you could sell the GBH to recoup some of the cost. Even if you never use the additional equipment this is a good deal if you want the Hawk pet for all of your toons.
  • doogie74doogie74 Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Nevermind 10 characters,
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    tickdoff wrote: »
    2000 zen for a "normal" blue companion. 1000 zen for a Greater Bag of Holding. 1500 zen for the Helper Pack. 4500 zen. Admittedly the Helper Pack is "meh" at best. Even if we ignore that then we are at 3000 zen for the booster pack's value, you are basically paying 500 extra zen to make your blue companion account wide. And you could sell the GBH to recoup some of the cost. Even if you never use the additional equipment this is a good deal if you want the Hawk pet for all of your toons.

I thought the Hunter Ranger pack was 3,500 zen. At least that is what I thought it was yesterday.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I thought the Hunter Ranger pack was 3,500 zen. At least that is what I thought it was yesterday.

It is 3500 Zen. I believe the person you quoted was trying to say that if you ignore the less useful stuff in the pack, the other items come out to 3000 Zen, (basically just the companion + greater bag of holding), and that you can consider the extra 500 Zen as a "service fee" for unlocking the companion for your entire account...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    It is 3500 Zen. I believe the person you quoted was trying to say that if you ignore the less useful stuff in the pack, the other items come out to 3000 Zen, (basically just the companion + greater bag of holding), and that you can consider the extra 500 Zen as a "service fee" for unlocking the companion for your entire account...

That makes sense, math wise anyways. Though I think the adventurer's helper pack is pretty useful personally.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • remariusprimeremariusprime Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    dwightmc wrote: »
    The items listed as account wide means that any other character that you have should also be able to get the items, however there might be an issue with that right now. We are currently investigating.

Still a bit confused as the only items that are useful to me are the companions and bag of holding - it is one companion total just on any character on that account?
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Still a bit confused as the only items that are useful to me are the companions and bag of holding - it is one companion total just on any character on that account?

the companion is claimable by all of your characters on the account by going to the reward claims agent across the hallway from sergeant knox. the greater bag of holding is only claimable by one character from the reward claims agent, but it is not a bound item. if you wanted to transfer it to another character, you could.

also, the initial issues they had with the booster pack have been resolved.
  • remariusprimeremariusprime Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    the companion is claimable by all of your characters on the account by going to the reward claims agent across the hallway from sergeant knox. the greater bag of holding is only claimable by one character from the reward claims agent, but it is not a bound item. if you wanted to transfer it to another character, you could.

also, the initial issues they had with the booster pack have been resolved.

Thanks for the fast response. :)
  • warwon1warwon1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm confused, I'm missing my bag of holding, and the helper bag!?
  • doogie74doogie74 Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    warwon1 wrote: »

I thought the same thing but go to the claim agent near where you get your first cosmetic apparel for rags to riches. There is a claim tab you claim it there.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    warwon1 wrote: »

Keep in mind that those are only claimable once. The weapons, hood/cloak, and companion can be reclaimed over and over again, and on each character.

FYI - I was testing things, and it only cost me 60 coppers to unslot the greycloak insignia... It only let me unslot one then gave me a "you can only have 1 of a unique item" error when I tried on the 2nd weapon...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • rosicrucianistrosicrucianist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Keep in mind that those are only claimable once. The weapons, hood/cloak, and companion can be reclaimed over and over again, and on each character.

FYI - I was testing things, and it only cost me 60 coppers to unslot the greycloak insignia... It only let me unslot one then gave me a "you can only have 1 of a unique item" error when I tried on the 2nd weapon...

Pro Tip

You can always buy an additional Greycloak's Insignia. I used to do it all the time. It doesn't count as unique in the weapon, so I would always carry a spare the first 20-25 levels or so I could slot it into a better weapon. With the reduced slotting costs, this is now a non issue though...