What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hunter Ranger Booster Pack Preview

Comments

• Options
    j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    What does "unlock account wide" actually mean? I opened the box and the equipment that came out is BoP. I can claim the bag and Adventurer's Pack from the Reward Agent, but nothing else. Also the title only is available on the char that opened the pack.
  • Options
    neogabi1neogabi1 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well in theory that was supposed to mean that all your characters could claim the cloak, hood, hawk and have access to the title. In theory. If the other characters don't have the ability to purchase or "Reclaim" those items or use the title I'll be very unhappy....
    Team Fencebane - All Adventure, No Direction!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    At least I couldn't figure it out. So far only ONE char has gotten the equipment and the companion.

I think it's supposed to work like the mounts that you can claim off the ZEN market once purchased. But the Booster Pack is completely gone from the store so I can't claim it with any other chars.
  • Options
    rosicrucianistrosicrucianist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    j0shi82 wrote: »
    At least I couldn't figure it out. So far only ONE char has gotten the equipment and the companion.

I think it's supposed to work like the mounts that you can claim off the ZEN market once purchased. But the Booster Pack is completely gone from the store so I can't claim it with any other chars.

Perhaps they are under "reclaim"
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You can likely find the items at the Reward Agent in Protectors Enclave for your other character.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    cdnbison wrote: »
    You can likely find the items at the Reward Agent in Protectors Enclave for your other character.

Nope, already checked.
  • Options
    rosicrucianistrosicrucianist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Nope, already checked.

Wow, no idea then. I know the companion gear and title were supposed to be account bound. Don't think the bag was...
  • Options
    wilmawuchtigwilmawuchtig Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30
    edited December 2013
    Same issue here. I bought the ranger booster pack because it was explicitly advertised to yield a blue pet for all characters of the account.

I hve tried all the above mentioned ways to claim that pet on an other character, but can't find it.

I hope Cryptic clarifies the matter asap.
  • Options
    bazgcbazgc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Same issue here. I bought the ranger booster pack because it was explicitly advertised to yield a blue pet for all characters of the account.

I hve tried all the above mentioned ways to claim that pet on an other character, but can't find it.

I hope Cryptic clarifies the matter asap.

Yup me too. The pack has also vanished form the store after I bought it once so it's not like they allow you to buy it more than once.
    My Foundry Quests:

The Silver Sword - NW-DEIPWYISA - Daily Qualified
    A Relaxing Stay - NW-DEEYNZYZ9 - Daily Qualified but going to be updated
  • Options
    shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Most likely, as this is the first pack that is bought off zen store, they're running into a hiccup in the system not recognizing the pack purchase for the account.

I'd give it a couple of hours. Also why I won't buy first day a new style of tech for access.
  • Options
    dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
    edited December 2013
    What does "unlock account wide" actually mean? I opened the box and the equipment that came out is BoP. I can claim the bag and Adventurer's Pack from the Reward Agent, but nothing else. Also the title only is available on the char that opened the pack.

The items listed as account wide means that any other character that you have should also be able to get the items, however there might be an issue with that right now. We are currently investigating.
  • Options
    darknessbobulus8darknessbobulus8 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So it's great that the new Module is up and running and all, and I look forward to playing a Hunter Ranger, but... when is the Foundry going to open up again?
  • Options
    bazgcbazgc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    dwightmc wrote: »
    The items listed as account wide means that any other character that you have should also be able to get the items, however there might be an issue with that right now. We are currently investigating.

Thanks for letting us know it's being looked into :)
    My Foundry Quests:

The Silver Sword - NW-DEIPWYISA - Daily Qualified
    A Relaxing Stay - NW-DEEYNZYZ9 - Daily Qualified but going to be updated
  • Options
    tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    dwightmc wrote: »

While I understand that "stuff* happens", I really hope you can get this fixed ASAP. Many of the items in the booster pack are for low level rangers, and the low levels can go by VERY quickly, especially for some of us. I was looking forward to using the items while leveling and any delay reduces the amount of time that I can use the items that I paid for.
  • Options
    jokeshotsjokeshots Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    tickdoff wrote: »
    While I understand that "stuff* happens", I really hope you can get this fixed ASAP. Many of the items in the booster pack are for low level rangers, and the low levels can go by VERY quickly, especially for some of us. I was looking forward to using the items while leveling and any delay reduces the amount of time that I can use the items that I paid for.

Ya this is killer, I naturally opened it on my main in case I could only get the bag of holding and such on the one that opened it, now my new Ranger character has none of the items. No Hawk to help, none of the gear. So far its been 3500 zen for nothing I can use right now. And I planned to level it quickly right off for praying dailies and such, but if I do that it will have been 3500 for a bag of holding as far as its use to me.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm willing to bet:

The problem is that the whole kit is in a single box: most items are account-bound and reclaimable, but two of them are not: the Adventurer's Helper package and the Greater Bag of Holding. Knowing how these kind of things work (from another virtual world where I am a creator of these kinds of things) - it is the single-claimed items that is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> things up.

That is to say: you put all the reclaimable items into a box, the entire box is reclaimable. Add a single non-reclaimable item into that same box, the box becomes non-reclaimable (because of the one item). I suspect this is what the Cryptic Devs are facing right now. (In that other virtual world it is an item tagged with "copy" or not. Fill a box with 'copy' items and the box become "copy" - put one 'no-copy' item into the box: the box becomes "no-copy".)

What they will have to do is package the reclaimable stuff separately from the non-reclaimable stuff. This way the system knows you can reclaim those items allowed, but only allow a single claiming of the restricted stuff.

If the package is not (currently) available in the Z-Store it is because they have removed it temporarily to fix the issue of reclaiming the reclaimable stuff. I wouldn't sweat it. As soon as they have things figured out, they'll put it back into the Z-Store and the Reclaims Agent will offer that stuff.

As for the HotN and Guardian pack owners not being able to reclaim stuff from the claims agent in PE: They (Cryptic) had that TURNED OFF on Preview server. I suspect the patch copied that status to live and they need to turn it back ON again. And again - it could be the Claims Agent is turned off while they fix the HR Booster pack reclaiming issue.

I'm willing to bet real money this will be fixed by some time this evening or early tomorrow morning.

This is why these massive update patches happen on THURSDAYS. Time for the hidden bugs to reveal, having that day (Thursday) and even the next day (Friday) to fix the show-stopper glitches without having to work through the weekend. :)
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I think the re-claim problems stem from concurrent use of the Zen shop and the reward claim vendor. They've never had anything with quite that system before. It should get straightened out as soon as they figure out how to switch on having the account items added to the claim vendor once the pack has been opened.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    stretch611stretch611 Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    jokeshots wrote: »
    Ya this is killer, I naturally opened it on my main in case I could only get the bag of holding and such on the one that opened it, now my new Ranger character has none of the items. No Hawk to help, none of the gear. So far its been 3500 zen for nothing I can use right now. And I planned to level it quickly right off for praying dailies and such, but if I do that it will have been 3500 for a bag of holding as far as its use to me.

Same issue here. Now I have low level HR equipment bound to my Epic CW. At least as a CW he can use the Hawk... It would have been more useless if my Epic GWF was the only toon with a Hawk to improve her "distance" damage.
    @stretch611

Murphster - SS CW | Jennsen Rahl - MoF CW
    Taarna - GWF
    Eowyn - Protector OP | Leela - Devoted OP
    Mara Jade - TR
    Leeloo - Tempt SW | Kahlan Amnell - Fury SW | Galadriel - Damnation SW
    Sturm Nightblade - GF
  • Options
    orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    just curious. If I made a second ranger, would I get the ranger weapons with both (After the bug is fixed so the account wide stuff is account wide.) or would just the first one get it?
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • Options
    manathayriamanathayria Member Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    I'm willing to bet:

The problem is that the whole kit is in a single box: most items are account-bound and reclaimable, but two of them are not: the Adventurer's Helper package and the Greater Bag of Holding. Knowing how these kind of things work (from another virtual world where I am a creator of these kinds of things) - it is the single-claimed items that is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> things up.

That is to say: you put all the reclaimable items into a box, the entire box is reclaimable. Add a single non-reclaimable item into that same box, the box becomes non-reclaimable (because of the one item). I suspect this is what the Cryptic Devs are facing right now. (In that other virtual world it is an item tagged with "copy" or not. Fill a box with 'copy' items and the box become "copy" - put one 'no-copy' item into the box: the box becomes "no-copy".)

What they will have to do is package the reclaimable stuff separately from the non-reclaimable stuff. This way the system knows you can reclaim those items allowed, but only allow a single claiming of the restricted stuff.

If the package is not (currently) available in the Z-Store it is because they have removed it temporarily to fix the issue of reclaiming the reclaimable stuff. I wouldn't sweat it. As soon as they have things figured out, they'll put it back into the Z-Store and the Reclaims Agent will offer that stuff.

As for the HotN and Guardian pack owners not being able to reclaim stuff from the claims agent in PE: They (Cryptic) had that TURNED OFF on Preview server. I suspect the patch copied that status to live and they need to turn it back ON again. And again - it could be the Claims Agent is turned off while they fix the HR Booster pack reclaiming issue.

I'm willing to bet real money this will be fixed by some time this evening or early tomorrow morning.

This is why these massive update patches happen on THURSDAYS. Time for the hidden bugs to reveal, having that day (Thursday) and even the next day (Friday) to fix the show-stopper glitches without having to work through the weekend. :)
    This is actually why the zen store needs enabled on test server, with a claims agent that grants Zen - which is individually flagged for preview server only - all account locks on preview server if done on preview server are specific to that server.

I know that DDO does something similar, and if we continue with the packs like this being in the zen store it'd be nice to see the same here for testing purposes.

I was panicing over not being able to reclaim the hawk as well. Nice to see that it is being looked into.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    /Channel_Join NW_Legit_Community to run Dungeons without the exploits
  • Options
    proteusknightproteusknight Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    yeahnubby wrote: »
    I'll pass then

This is a non-starter for me as well 3500 Zen, companion is not epic, items are low level, no thank you!

Better to buy a Knight of the Feywild or Guardian of Neverwinter Pack if you do not already have one, you get WAY more value for the money!
  • Options
    iergoiergo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    When I asked about the ShadowMantle pack last week, I meant I was looking for the ShadowMantle pack 59.99 with a ton of good stuff. I'm ready to make the purchase.

I want an account wide mount, an account wide companion, an account wide exclusive artifact instead of the lame stone the other pack got, an enchantment, adventure's helper pack, 600k AD,(copy and paste; not shouting) FORUM TITLE, IN-GAME TITLE, 1 EXTRA CHARACTER SLOT, fashion set, I don't know what can replace exclusive race( Treasure box chest w/chance to win a miniboss companion?).

Make it happen, just got off work I'm about to pick up the booster pack, but I still want want to purchase a ShadowMantle pack.

Update:
    Your transaction was successfully completed. Make it happen!
  • Options
    rajanixisarajanixisa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 87
    edited December 2013
    Heck, no need for a claim agent for zen - if the store is kept separate already, they could simply make everything cost 0 at checkout.
    -Rajani Isa
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    just curious. If I made a second ranger, would I get the ranger weapons with both (After the bug is fixed so the account wide stuff is account wide.) or would just the first one get it?

Everything but the bag should be unlockable on your other Rangers, and the Companion and title for all of your characters. Not sure if this has been fixed yet though.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Everything is account wide (including the weapons, except they are restricted to Hunter Ranger classes). The only single-claim items are the Adventurer's Helper pack and the Bag of Holding, both are claimed through the Claims Agent in Protector's Enclave.

PRO TIP for Hero of the North people: the primary weapon (Bow) is NOT as good as the Greycloak Legacy bow you get with your HotN pack. The Bow you get in this HR Booster pack is 127 power, the one in the HotN pack: Greycloak Legacy bow is 180 power and all other stats are identical. Just saying you should discount the Bow stats when developing your "worth value" on this pack as you make your purchasing decision.
  • Options
    denverralphydenverralphy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    PRO TIP for Hero of the North people: the primary weapon (Bow) is NOT as good as the Greycloak Legacy bow you get with your HotN pack. The Bow you get in this HR Booster pack is 127 power, the one in the HotN pack: Greycloak Legacy bow is 180 power and all other stats are identical. Just saying you should discount the Bow stats when developing your "worth value" on this pack as you make your purchasing decision.

Yeah, the bow isn't as good. But then too, with the HoTN/Guardian pack, you don't get the Hatchets to complement the bow. The hatchets give you a nice stat bonus. The two combined are better than just the Greycloak bow from HoTN/Guardian.
  • Options
    mrshampimrshampi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    there is rusted iron lockbox....that not a pack but more fun and lesser expensive to have which is in...
  • Options
    wildfire412001wildfire412001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    i DID get an awesome bow from my earlier Founders Pack ... but i guess i was under the impression that the packs were account wide. it only let me get part of the stuff this time, whereas when I got the Feywild Pack, I was able to use everything from both packs on 2 different characters (same account).

from reading the posts above, i guess the 2 bags i have in there from the 2 earlier packs are what's not being available. but then again, i wasn't able to claim/get the life stone, mass scroll of life, and several other things. i DID get to get the Unicorn, the Sylph, the Dire Wolf, and other stuff ... but being a new character, i need more SPACE! which is why i'm wondering why the 2 bags aren't available to me this time. i have both on the other 2 characters in my account.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The pack preview said the bag of holding and consumables pack are single-use. The Zen store description could use a lot more detail.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    axan22#6446 axan22 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If they made the companions account wide I would buy them, but the price for a single purchase Is way too high and the price to upgrade them is way to high.