test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryptic OFFICIAL Feedback Thread: Active Companion Bonuses System

Comments

• Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited November 2013
    the newest is the recycled paragon path from GWF.

I'm actually seriously considering the GWF paragon path as I can easily get my daily back in 10 seconds making me immune to damage almost 50% of the time, but yes, the enchantment bug is quite crippling and it's sad how long it's been in the game. The last buff GF got was with aggro during closed beta, since then it's been nerfs and very few fixes.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm sorry, but no, they aren't trying to destroy our class. Are they giving it all the attention it needs, no, but it is a far leap to say they hate the class or they are trying to destroy the class.
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Since every companion is getting new bonus stuff that mostly benefits the character. Would like to suggest a one-time unbinding of all companions. So players can sort out which ones are best for what.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    rki2rki2 Member Posts: 57
    edited November 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    Since every companion is getting new bonus stuff that mostly benefits the character. Would like to suggest a one-time unbinding of all companions. So players can sort out which ones are best for what.

no no no no!
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Bug: Tomb Spider
    Upgrading the Tomb Spider to purple doesn't increase the proc chance of it's effect.

Given that they are already tied to encounter power use, I think the proc chance is too low on the Wererat's poison and the Tomb Spider's deadly spider to really be viable alternatives to some of the other active bonuses. I think they should get a boost in their chance.
  • Options
    hinageshi79hinageshi79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    I'm actually seriously considering the GWF paragon path as I can easily get my daily back in 10 seconds making me immune to damage almost 50% of the time, but yes, the enchantment bug is quite crippling and it's sad how long it's been in the game. The last buff GF got was with aggro during closed beta, since then it's been nerfs and very few fixes.

which powers/rotation are you thinking to use?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    rki2 wrote: »
    no no no no!

I don't see it actually happening. But I wanted to throw the suggestion out there. I've got companions that I bound to alts I didn't care about because they were useless. Now that some of them might have some value it'd be nice to be able to move them around. I'm not sure if they'd want to deal with the hassle. And its not the end of the world if they don't. But I'd be surprised if I was the only one to mention it once it hits live.
  • Options
    hinageshi79hinageshi79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    I don't see it actually happening. But I wanted to throw the suggestion out there. I've got companions that I bound to alts I didn't care about because they were useless. Now that some of them might have some value it'd be nice to be able to move them around. I'm not sure if they'd want to deal with the hassle. And its not the end of the world if they don't. But I'd be surprised if I was the only one to mention it once it hits live.

Iunderstand you... i sold a lot of useless companions and now i'd like to have sime of them.
  • Options
    ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    BUG: ACTIVE COMPANION BONUSES (Guardian Fighter)
    Guardian Fighter At-Wills while blocking (Aggravating Strike and Shield Bash) do not proc any companion bonuses such as tomb spider's poison, aranea's lightning strike or psuedodragon's restore stamina. These at-wills also do not proc any weapon enchantment affects at all, such as Lightning, Plague Fire, or Holy Avenger. The latter bug has been reported since Open Beta and may be the longest standing bug in the game at the moment. It seems as if Trickster Rogues could not use weapon enchantments while stealthed, the servers would be brought down for a hotfix. Please show GF some love.

At-wills aren't encounter. Tomb Spider haven't to proc on Aggra or Shield Slam. But with the rest you are right.
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    juzamdj wrote: »
    Anyone can confirm if bonuses apply in pvp or not?

This was answered by the system designer early in the thread. Read first, then ask?
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    I actually like the cat bonus because it is thematic, but it could be a little more useful.
    How about "Nine Lives: The incapacitated timer when your character is about to die is increased by 5 seconds, and you take 25% less damage from falling."

+1, nice fix keeping with the theme.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    banaanc wrote: »
    this smells like pay to win, forces ppl to buy 4 purple pets.

You can buy purple pets with AD. You need one of A) Money, or B) Time to get a top character. If you don't have either, you will not have top stats. That's life.

Also, what exactly are you trying to "win"? Active companion bonuses do not apply in PvP, so all-purples only make you "better" in PvE but there's nothing to "win".

• Options
    thraexisthraexis Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The Eldritch Runestone: Owner gains % of pet stats
    should be consider an active bonus for the cleric companion
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    The poison of the wererat trigger on the encounter itself. So every target hit with this encounter get poisoned. FS = 3 poisoned targets. BR = 1 and so on.
    The pig tripper the heal on any cc, but need to test if push up count to. Dazing and slows count.
  • Options
    skarlspeedskarlspeed Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    grimah wrote: »
    You need to switch out companions so they are account bound.

There will be many fustrated customers when they find out their pets do not work well with the class they have on.

For example, galeb duhr which you must know would be bought by clerics, wizards, TRs maybe and the buff is designed for either of the fighter classes?

These are most likely pay customers so I would consider switching them to account bound. Before you fustrate them/turn them away.

This is absolutely paramount. Even if we have to pay for each companion we get, at least make them so we can trade them BETWEEN characters on the same account.

Basically we can swap them (with the exception of account companions like the panther or sprite etc) between our characters on the SAME ACCOUNT so we can at least use the bonuses with some rhyme and reason.

pretty please?
  • Options
    donmancinidonmancini Member Posts: 44
    edited November 2013
    mezbit wrote: »

Cat -25% fall damage
    Really?.......

I took a cat companion over ioun stone because everyone has a stone, and I just wanted something different. I get the idea of flavour.....but -25% fall damage, I can't think of a single part of the game to which this applies.

Fingers crossed the new bosses have an unavoidable throw ability that tosses the party 60ft in the air. Otherwise my beautiful cat is going to bring me the sads.

Really??? Thats like no bonous at all!!! Its sux to have that fail bonous of one of the best companions of the game!! Please change it!!!
  • Options
    donmancinidonmancini Member Posts: 44
    edited November 2013
    jacksoon wrote: »
    Nope, people will ask you to unsummon active pet, because in dungeon they only atk adds at random, they die fast, people waste time on ress them under a boss. So Cat and Ioun stone are the perfect pet and are very good now. While all the other pet at rank 30 get an extra skill, cat and ioun stone got nothing. Stop blame about this 2 pet, are the only goods things on the pet system. If they will change, you will see 3/4 of the server go on rage and prob left the game. ( since each stone cost 2k zen around 800k AD and cat too ). Only because 2 people like to use pet, you can't ask a nerf on augment pet or ask them to be an equip -.- Whitout this pet, the pve will look like the pvp and people will start rise regeneration,def/deflection to all class. Pls, stop blame on augment pet. You like pet? Play rappelz there a lot of them

+1 on this!! Augment companions are the best companions in game and we put a lot to build them they cant just nerf them.. NO!!!
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Give every Active Bonus which grants a x% chance to trigger an effect a name, and make the text of the name jumps out when the bonus proc so that we can know when it proc. Like how the text of some feats' names jump out when they proc.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Giving the cat a lesser bonus than other companions isn't a nerf to the cat. This is a new feature no companions have ever had before.

Truthfully, I see the logic in giving a lesser bonus to the most powerful augment companions. Most players consider them the best and want them anyway. The cat always has been for the most part an aesthetic choice over the less expensive ioun stone, with some min-max exceptions. I don't really see how this changes anything. You're already getting a ton of benefits out of having this companion, so complaining that you don't get even more just seems peevish.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Giving the cat a lesser bonus than other companions isn't a nerf to the cat. This is a new feature no companions have ever had before.

Truthfully, I see the logic in giving a lesser bonus to the most powerful augment companions. Most players consider them the best and want them anyway. The cat always has been for the most part an aesthetic choice over the less expensive ioun stone, with some min-max exceptions. I don't really see how this changes anything. You're already getting a ton of benefits out of having this companion, so complaining that you don't get even more just seems peevish.

I would agree with this if they gave the other augment companions useless bonuses as well. That's not the case. As you said, the cat was previously an aesthetic choice over an ioun stone. People who already chose to pay more to have their augment look like a cat will learn they also have to give up valuable stats.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    The ioun stone of allure gets a flat stat bonus, which while not useless, is the exact same kind of benefit offered by all of the common companions. I'll need to log in to see if my blue skeletal dog offers the same total number of stat points, but the scaling looks about right. (Comparing flat stat bonus of white to green equivalents, to similar blues.)

Not a useless bonus, but not something exotic and different either.

Now, the ioun stone of might offers something different, but it's never been popular due to the last equipment slot being locked without upgrading. So I can see the logic in making this one a more intriguing choice.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Now, the ioun stone of might offers something different, but it's never been popular due to the last equipment slot being locked without upgrading. So I can see the logic in making this one a more intriguing choice.

If the stamina bonus also boosts block, and stacks with the Sharandar boon, it might be pretty nice for GFs.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    It's been confirmed that it is intended to boost block as well, though it might take a bit to get the tooltip to reflect it because of translation.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    jerikho1jerikho1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Fire Archon nerf to: below 30% - 5% more damage on target, instead of the previous below 50% - 5% more damage on target! Wow. Nerfing is a way of life.....
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    The ioun stone of allure gets a flat stat bonus, which while not useless, is the exact same kind of benefit offered by all of the common companions. I'll need to log in to see if my blue skeletal dog offers the same total number of stat points, but the scaling looks about right. (Comparing flat stat bonus of white to green equivalents, to similar blues.)

Yes, the ioun stone gives the same stat bonus as any other companion of the same type that gives a stat bonus. Here are the numbers:

So single stat bonuses are:
    White - 25
    Green - 100
    Blue - 190
    Purple - 300

Double stat:
    White - 15
    Green - 55
    Blue - 105
    Purple - 165
  • Options
    graalx3graalx3 Member Posts: 232
    edited November 2013
    jerikho1 wrote: »
    Fire Archon nerf to: below 30% - 5% more damage on target, instead of the previous below 50% - 5% more damage on target! Wow. Nerfing is a way of life.....

It's not a nerf until its Live. Until then its 'balancing'. :cool:
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    graalx3 wrote: »
    It's not a nerf until its Live. Until then its 'balancing'. :cool:

It's not a nerf, if it not exist before. So any change is a improvement. ^^
  • Options
    jerikho1jerikho1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I stand corrected then :p
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    Yes, the ioun stone gives the same stat bonus as any other companion of the same type that gives a stat bonus. Here are the numbers:

So single stat bonuses are:
    White - 25
    Green - 100
    Blue - 190
    Purple - 300

Double stat:
    White - 15
    Green - 55
    Blue - 105
    Purple - 165

Do you know the ranking for pets with HP bonuses, please? For example, Cave Bear?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    Do you know the ranking for pets with HP bonuses, please? For example, Cave Bear?

Would guess its 4 times the single stat numbers. Since 4 points of hp tends to be worth 1 in stat values on similar items.
This discussion has been closed.