test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic OFFICIAL Feedback Thread: Active Companion Bonuses System

Comments

• runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Is it intentional that these bonuses increase character gearscore number? Seems to be some confusion on it. And it breaks the previous pattern of pets not affecting gs.

I'm not saying its a bad thing... But it would be nice to know if its intended or not.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • graalx3graalx3 Member Posts: 232
    edited November 2013
    Active Companion Bonuses that grant stats will increase your Gear Rating.
    edited November 2013
    graalx3 wrote: »

Cool. Thanks for clearing that up.
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited November 2013

To echo others' feedback, the falling damage reduction is not a desirable bonus and provides no incentive to fully upgrade the companion. It's a cute idea, thematically, but it's not at all useful. As someone else suggested, please keep the falling damage reduction for flavor and add a stat bonus.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited November 2013

I'm not sure why this is, as companions which directly add to gear score such as the cat and ioun stones, do not have their bonuses reflected in the character sheet, but meh, whatever. For those who like to fluff their GS for no reason whatsoever I guess this will be a bonus.
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    I'm not sure why this is, as companions which directly add to gear score such as the cat and ioun stones, do not have their bonuses reflected in the character sheet, but meh, whatever. For those who like to fluff their GS for no reason whatsoever I guess this will be a bonus.

Not a small bonus either. We're talking something like +650 GS if all Active Slots are stat companions...
  • zippichzippich Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    Not a small bonus either. We're talking something like +650 GS if all Active Slots are stat companions...

The maximum you can get is +1650 :)
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ranncore wrote: »

I'm guessing the difference being that if all you had to do is slot the item in to get the bonus then it counts towards your gear score. If you have to do more (like summoning the companion) then it is considered a buff and won't count towards your gear score.
  • hinageshi79hinageshi79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    any news about cat bonus? It will change un simething usefull?
    edited November 2013
    zippich wrote: »
    The maximum you can get is +1650 :)

I did my calculations based on unranked pets. Most players will not rank pets at current prices. :)
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited November 2013

After thinking about this more I'm ready to explain why this is a bad idea.

I believe the intent behind Gear Score is to be a measurement of a persons gear, not their companions, feats, and boons. And I believe the reason that we're seeing so many pugs advertise things like 12k GS requirements for T2s is exactly because Gear Score is NOT accurate for measuring a persons gear and does in fact include these things that it really shouldn't. I think if Gear Score did actually measure a persons gear - and only a persons gear - it would be much more useful for ascertaining whether or not a person is actually ready for a dungeon or not, and we would see less people so concerned with fluffing this stat at the cost of actually being ready for dungeons, and less pugs requiring GS ratings far above the intended value necessary for the dungeons.
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    anyone tested or know can we have 2 or more the same pets and get active bonus from them ?like 5 Fire Archon and have then 25% more damage when less then 30%?
    edited November 2013
    warpet wrote: »
    anyone tested or know can we have 2 or more the same pets and get active bonus from them ?like 5 Fire Archon and have then 25% more damage when less then 30%?

Can't recall exactly where, but I read that it was only one of each type.
    edited November 2013
    any news about cat bonus? It will change un simething usefull?

People need to remain vocal about this. It may not be a gamebreaker, but it's a kick to the shins of those of us who enjoy a bit of min-maxing, because the Cat becomes a wasted Active slot unless the bonus is revised.

One of those most expensive bazaar pets having one of the very worst active bonuses is a real head-scratcher.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Lol... the dev never ever listen to us(you):
    • The Cat now adds a small amount of Deflect chance in addition to its fall damage reduction
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I did my calculations based on unranked pets. Most players will not rank pets at current prices. :)

Eh....well, actually, if you are already close to maxing out your gear on enchants and such, upgrading a companion may actually be the cheapest weai to get higher stats.....so why not?
    Hoping for improvements...
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Bug: Mercenary
    With the latest patch the mercenary is no longer providing a bonus to power, but the bonus that critical strike gets did not go up with this change. It should be a bonus of +100 instead of +55. That or the bonus to power should be returned.

Bug: Companion UI
    I posted this before, but I will post it again in case it was lost in the shuffle. With the companions UI now showing the active bonus for a companion, it no longer shows the powers for the companions. Since the companions UI is the only place to see the cooldown time on companion powers (since the companion tooltip just shows a brief description of the power without the cooldown time), this needs to be visible.
    edited November 2013
    Mercenary (green) - The Power bonus is still there it is just missing from the tooltip =(

There is a second tab to the Companion window now that will display the Companion's stats, powers and Sword Coast Adventure dice. Look in the top middle of the window. Overview(Default) and Stats.
    edited November 2013
    Mercenary (green) - The Power bonus is still there it is just missing from the tooltip =(

There is a second tab to the Companion window now that will display the Companion's stats, powers and Sword Coast Adventure dice. Look in the top middle of the window. Overview(Default) and Stats.

Ah, didn't notice that. Thanks for pointing it out.
    edited November 2013
    ladysylvia wrote: »
    • The Cat now adds a small amount of Deflect chance in addition to its fall damage reduction

I'll take it! At least it's a nod in the right direction. The deflect bonus is a bit lower than that on other pets that boost single stats, but it's an improvement. Maybe the falling damage reduction will be useful for something someday :P
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

edited November 2013
    vorphied wrote: »
    I'll take it! At least it's a nod in the right direction. The deflect bonus is a bit lower than that on other pets that boost single stats, but it's an improvement. Maybe the falling damage reduction will be useful for something someday :P

Agreed. At least now its not a total insult/headscratcher. And I am impressed they listened.
    edited November 2013
    Agreed. At least now its not a total insult/headscratcher. And I am impressed they listened.

They've actually been impressing me quite a bit lately with their responses to the players' feedback. Even when there are no immediate changes or fixes involved, just the acknowledgement and discussion are appreciated.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ghost bonus of 10% (at epic) more damage for summoned companion is weak considering combat companions probably contributes a small percentage of a player's damage, let's say 10%, and assuming they don't die like they always do in some boss fights such as dracolich for this example. It would work out to about 1% damage increase by the player, whereas a sellsword with 300 power would contribute about 2% more damage by the player. Boar bonus of critical severity to companion is also superior.

Cold Iron Warrior's bonus is only applicable when doing feywild content, and only benefits the summoned companion. Very few people would want to use this companion in active slot.

The nerf to fire archon is too severe. Any epic companion with + offense stat will give more boost to damage.

Ioun Stone's new bonus of 7% chance on encounter use to slow a target is useless for clerics. Most of their encounters affect teammates, not enemies. The old lifesteal/deflect is far better for clerics. I would suggest changing it if you don't want this class to be screaming on forums when module 2 comes out.

Buff to cat companion so it gives 200 more deflect at epic is a very good change!

Neverember Guard bonus is very weak.

Quickling companion bonus to movement could use a bit of buff, not many people would choose it over a companion giving any other stat.

Phase spider reduced damage from combat advantage against you is weak. Combat advantage is already very low damage, and 10% (rare) of that is very small. No reason to choose this over a man at arms with defense stat bonus.

Angel of Protection could use some rewording "On resurrection you are shielded for 10% of your total hit points." Does this mean you get 10% of maximum hp as temporary hitpoints?

Icosahedron Ioun Stone bonus of 10% more exp is wasted at level 60. It is probably such a rare companion that it wouldn't hurt to buff it with 300 more stat points. Or just remove the 10% exp bonus since it may be useless for a good percentage of the people who get this companion.

Lillend bonus has a 30 second cooldown, does that prevent people from being affected by the bonus multiple times in 30 seconds if dailies are cast by different players who have the lillend companion bonus? Personally I think the timed delay makes it look less attractive than say 300 power for a cleric, since 300 power would give about 2% more healing, and use that extra healing on whoever needs it without cooldown.

Finally I would like to mention something very important about companions at end game. NO ONE USES THEM. Everyone has had the experience of trying to sneak past a group of mobs when leveling from 1-60 and the companion attracts the enemies because they like to walk in the middle of paths, and know that this makes them useless for end game and actually inferior to augment pets beginning from level 1. Remove the aggro when sneaking past enemies and people will consider actually using non augment pets, OR fix dungeons so you can't sneak past enemies. There is also the issue of companions always dying in some fights such as dracolich and not contributing anything because they keep dying, but really this is small in comparison to the issue of companion aggro when walking past enemies that can easily wipe teams.
  • hinageshi79hinageshi79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    ladysylvia wrote: »

I like deflect chance bonus, it is something near to great agility of cats and a usefull bonus.

I am without internet at home for 10 days and i can't read all the forum on my smarthphone lol so I missed this new. ty Please could you link me the thread? It is a patch note?

EDIT
    I found this:
    Cat - Reduce falling damage by 25%; +125 Deflect
    but you wrote deflect chance.... it is deflect or deflect chance? It is different because on average 125 deflect will give a negligible deflection chance increase. Maybe it could be better something like a flat +1% deflect chance.
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    angel of protection need improved bonuses it very hard to get and its bonus is very bad
    edited November 2013
    Lillend bonus has a 30 second cooldown, does that prevent people from being affected by the bonus multiple times in 30 seconds if dailies are cast by different players who have the lillend companion bonus? Personally I think the timed delay makes it look less attractive than say 300 power for a cleric, since 300 power would give about 2% more healing, and use that extra healing on whoever needs it without cooldown.
    The Lillend bonus can only be triggered by YOU once every 30 seconds. It does not affect anybody else's Lillend. This is primarily because of Hunter Rangers and their partial Dailies.
  • bkloesbkloes Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have read some of the posts.....but have not really tired the new system. The reason I am posting is...something made alot of sense to me. We have the artifact system, which is a way to augment our toons. I agree that this might make things overly complicated. Too many ways to augment create, exploits and imbalances. I also will be upset if game mechanics get nerfed to make this new system not OP. At first I was like, love it....because I like the collection aspect. I love the collection screen and I am all for things being account bound. I would love to be able to collect companions and have them account bound so I can see what ones I have on all my toons from any character. Please consider making things account bound, in a collection system but I am not sure it is a good idea to add an additional way to buff toons.
    edited November 2013
    The Lillend bonus can only be triggered by YOU once every 30 seconds. It does not affect anybody else's Lillend. This is primarily because of Hunter Rangers and their partial Dailies.

I have only one ask: How is the Angel of Protection classified? Because she lack any attack skill and only have passive skills. So she is a passive companion like the augment only without augmentation or is she still a dying active one? I wish that she is a passive one. =(
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Bug: Jagged Dancing Blade Companion
    Active bonus is either not just showing, either it's just not working at all.
    edited November 2013
    pers3phone wrote: »
    Bug: Jagged Dancing Blade Companion
    Active bonus is either not just showing, either it's just not working at all.

And do you look right? The hand of your pet should have a green hand instead of a Grey one. The buff is only for companions not for player.
This discussion has been closed.