What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic OFFICIAL Feedback Thread: Refinement System

Comments

• kaylos29kaylos29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Nevermind.
    Mindflayer - Exodus
    Daria - Dwarf Sentinel GWF (mistaken for Halfling a lot)
    Karia (aka "The Pug") - Human Combat HR
    Kayd - Human Conqueror GF - Retired
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    so instead of just 100k on ward to fuse we will need another 100k for marks of potency remove wards and fail chance and this could work great
  • xwanguuxwanguu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    blureel wrote:
    This means that just refining a Greater to a Perfect alone and not factoring in the lower levels of refining, it would take
    12 "matched" Normals
    24 Normals/Rank 8 of any kind
    36 "matched" Lessers
    72 Lessers/Rank 7 of any kind
    72 "matched" shards
    144 Shards/Rank 6 of any kind
    576 Rank 5
    2304 Rank 4

Sorry just to confirm, it takes 2304 rank 4 refining from greater to perfect?
    How many rank 4 would it take to go from shards to perfect?
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The new system has good and bad things. Just be positive. People dont like changes and any change Will be hated by default. And the people familiar enough with the fusion system and people who makes lots of Ad fusing gems knows that upgrading in new system is cheaper.

That said, I dont like the AD tax and the catalysts. My suggestions:
    1 - Remove the AD tax. Increase the RP cost of upgrading.
    2 - Remove the catalysts. Now fusing is easy.
    3 - make bosses give coals and or preservation wards.
    4 - salvaged items should give RP or RAD. Player choice.
    5 - make professions better. A lvl 20 task that vives RP.

Devs only hace to adjust the amount of RP needed un each level.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • ott0madduxott0maddux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    "So many ppl lacking basic math and logik...
    New system is way cheaper and more convinient than previous. Bottom line. Tx devs"
    Zaphrail

It is only cheaper if you buy the enchants and wards to begin with. Currently I get all my wards from praying- free. I currently get all my rank 4's from drops and nodes- free. I don't unslot enchants i overwite- free. Current cost to get rank 9 and 10's- free. Yes it takes a lot of time, i'm just getting close to the tens, but I will Repeat with the current system enchants are FREE! So any argument that this new system is cheaper is immediately invalid. Now I understand that AD can also be gotten for free, but with BoP the main source of AD is selling enchants. Refining 24k a day on top of collecting the enchants to refine is a huge time sink and cost increase. Having to use this AD for ranking up enchants means I can't use it to buy mounts, equipment, profession resources, etc. this is a huge increase in cost. Saying that wards are a cost because iI could buy or sell them at the Auction house is ludicrous. If i win a car I don't say it cost me the full price of the car because I could have bought it at a dealership. To say there are full opportunity costs associated with things like wards and enchants just shows you learned nothing in economics.
    edited November 2013
    The new system has good and bad things. Just be positive. People dont like changes and any change Will be hated by default. And the people familiar enough with the fusion system and people who makes lots of Ad fusing gems knows that upgrading in new system is cheaper.

That said, I dont like the AD tax and the catalysts. My suggestions:
    1 - Remove the AD tax. Increase the RP cost of upgrading.
    2 - Remove the catalysts. Now fusing is easy.
    3 - make bosses give coals and or preservation wards.
    4 - salvaged items should give RP or RAD. Player choice.
    5 - make professions better. A lvl 20 task that vives RP.

Devs only hace to adjust the amount of RP needed un each level.

Or you could just leave the WORKING system in place.
  • uurbsuurbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 449 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    Currently, if you are patient enough, you can fuse your own R9's and perfects for free(coffers for coal wards, farm tons of shards and enchants). With the proposed system you cannot, regardless of how many shards you farm, you will need AD.
    Just curious to know: you're going to need less Coalescent Wards, where is the problem to sell those for ADs?
    Proud member of Dragon Clan - German Gaming Community
    edited November 2013
    uurbs wrote: »
    Just curious to know: you're going to need less Coalescent Wards, where is the problem to sell those for ADs?

Two problems with this. One while you get coal wards from praying, it's not like you get 100's of them not really even enough. Currently wards are the weak link in the system, what you are waiting on. two if everybody needs them less then the price in the AH goes way down.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ott0maddux wrote: »
    Or you could just leave the WORKING system in place.
    Working? Yes is working for bots farming enchants and selling packs of 99xlvl5 enchants . Is working for people with 100 accounts farming coal wards.
    T
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • uurbsuurbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 449 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    ott0maddux wrote: »
    Two problems with this. One while you get coal wards from praying, it's not like you get 100's of them not really even enough. Currently wards are the weak link in the system, what you are waiting on. two if everybody needs them less then the price in the AH goes way down.
    To my current estimated calculation, at least for the weapon and armor enchantments you need around 10 Coalescent wards instead of 85. Even if the price of those drop to 50k, you could still sell those and gain the ADs required to "upgrade" the enchantments in the new system. If you do not spend a single AD to buy Coalescent wards in the previous system, you would still need to wait for those 85 to drop. You can still do that in the new system and just sell those.
  • j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yep. You need less enchants and less wards, the new limitation is the drop rate of Catalysts and/or AD.
  • j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Working? Yes is working for bots farming enchants and selling packs of 99xlvl5 enchants . Is working for people with 100 accounts farming coal wards.
    T

Yeah and under the current system bots won't have an advantage? More enchants and more coalwards are still beneficiary. Even item shops won't be limited that much because they can buy the Catalysts off the Bazar. It's not as convenient for those, but the new system is also not as convenient for everyone else.
  • cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Is there a quick way to add enchants to the refining process, or is it all drag and drop? If not, can we get one? They can be quickly removed by right clicking. E.g. if the refining window is open shift-clicking an enchant in your inventory will add it to a refine slot (I would have choosen double-clicking as a first option but that already does something).

Dragging and dropping is somewhat tedious, though this may just be part of the transition process between systems.

Also, is there any merit in something like "add to refining process" in the right click context menu? Currently the options are Refine..., Identify and Discard.

What is the rationale for having blue catalysts drop only from "Epic dungeon skill nodes and bosses"? This limits availability to purchase only for anyone not doing dungeons.

Edit: Another option for limited availability would be to add catalysts added to the Coffer of Wonderous Augmentation

Edit 2: Also, craftable via alchemy.
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    What is the rationale for having blue catalysts drop only from "Epic dungeon skill nodes.
    Oh cool , now we are going to have muppets running infront trying to hog every skill node and completely ignoring the fact they are needed in combat , plus then you get the idiots who think that every node belongs to them who will throw hissy fits if anybody else opens a node ...
  • krinamankrinaman Member Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Blah - lot's of bad math because I missed the need for an enchant as a catalyst
  • blureelblureel Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    dalang3d wrote: »
    chart at : http://blureel.com/neverwinter/diamondclub/img/refining-v3.jpg

your calculation scenario is a bit different from my calculation, here my calculation according to chart :
    lesser = 4shard + 1 Cw + 25k ad = ? + 100k ad + 25k ad = 125k ad [1 Cw]
    normal = 2 lesser + 1 GMOP + 1 Cw + 50k ad = 250k ad + 100k ad + 100k ad + 50k ad = 500k Ad [3 Cw]
    Greater = 2 Normal + 2 GMOP + 1 Cw + 75k ad = 1000k ad + 200k ad + 100k ad + 75k ad = 1375k Ad [7 Cw]
    Perfect = 3 Greater + 2 GMOP + 1 Cw + 100k ad = 4125k ad + 200k ad + 125k ad + 100k ad = 4550k Ad [22 Cw]

or may be i wrong, plz corrected on my calc :):confused:

Making a Perfect only requires 2 Greaters. You're calc shows 3 Greaters.
  • krinamankrinaman Member Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Suggestion: Make the catalyst items obtainable in dungeons drop from trash mobs as well. Give us a reason to kill trash.
    edited November 2013
    Here's a quick overview chart on the Refining Points "System" showing the values of RP needed and given when "Refining/Leveling" up.

RP-system.jpg
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Suggestion: Limitation of blue/purple catalysts

Solution: Make catalysts refineable. Thus you can grind out the needed RP to upgrade your 2 green catalysts to a blue catalyst(one green to upgrade, one green acts as the catalyst in the fusion) and make your own higher level catalysts, otherwise all we'll see if the people with most AD or the most time to run dungeon being the people who can actually use the new system.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
    edited November 2013
    xwanguu wrote: »
    Sorry just to confirm, it takes 2304 rank 4 refining from greater to perfect?
    How many rank 4 would it take to go from shards to perfect?

I just posted a chart on this thread. You can use it to calculate any scenario you want.
  • plentyoskillzplentyoskillz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Please don't rush this system into module 2 if it isn't ready. As of now it is not ready. If you make a change on a current system it should be an improvement. This is far from an improvement except for the gold charge to unslot. If your goal is to soak up an absurd amount of bag space and or bank space forcing folks to roll more alts or buy more of said bank/bag slots ... then kudos well done.
  • lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited November 2013

First if someone else already said this my bad. It looks like we will be running alot of dungeons again to get some of the catalysts and runes to make RPs. This is gonna generate alot of rough ad. Players will hit their cap easier for the day and prob have alot left over. Is it possible to make the AD cost for upgrading the lower enchantments be in Rough ad? This would make it have a purpose for those of us hitting cap and going way over. Something to consider at least
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • thraexisthraexis Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    My feedback with the enchants
    this new system will back fire.

my suggestion make enchants 1 through 4 free of charge
    then have it start charging AD like 10k or 20k ad for rank 5
    and so on. 50k ad for just rank 4 is kinda insane.
  • baylen76baylen76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    Oh cool , now we are going to have muppets running infront trying to hog every skill node and completely ignoring the fact they are needed in combat , plus then you get the idiots who think that every node belongs to them who will throw hissy fits if anybody else opens a node ...

1) Outrageous. I can't believe they intend to implement a system that rewards antisocial behaviour *again*. Did they not learn from Need on everything times?

2) As a GF main, thank you very much. Every muppet will just shift-zing ahead to loot nodes.

Really, this whole system is shaping up to be a real gamebreaker. Redesign while I'm still playing, please. Thank you very much.
    edited November 2013
    Hello bluereel,
    blureel wrote: »
    Here's a quick overview chart on the Refining Points "System" showing the values of RP needed and given when "Refining/Leveling" up.
    Thank you very much for the chart. I'm currently doing some number crunching myself--not finished yet--, but what I can tell you right now, is that you should never ever use any epic enchantments for RPs! The RP value of those items is less than 4 times the value of the lower ranks! Only rank 5 and rank 6 actually have four times the RP value of rank 4's, but starting at rank 7, the RP value of those items is less than times-4--besides you need those as catalysts anyway.

IMHO, the new system is meant to use up the enchantments/runestones that drop and not those you "upgrade" (besides the required usage as catalyst)!
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    Not that what you're saying isn't going to happen, but can't we just farm them from the skill nods in solo dungeons like the ones in Sharandar or are these going to appear only in skill nods from epic dungeons?
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
    edited November 2013
    T

Yes there are bots, maybe we should punish everyone that doesn't have anything to do with them.
  • cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    khimera906 wrote: »
    Not that what you're saying isn't going to happen, but can't we just farm them from the skill nods in solo dungeons like the ones in Sharandar or are these going to appear only in skill nods from epic dungeons?
    If the tool tip is accuracte, then it states "Epic dungeon skill nodes and bosses".
    edited November 2013
    So the catalyst are meant to stop bots, but the bots will also be scoring the catalyst so where is the bot stoppage?
    edited November 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    Suggestion: Limitation of blue/purple catalysts

Solution: Make catalysts refineable. Thus you can grind out the needed RP to upgrade your 2 green catalysts to a blue catalyst(one green to upgrade, one green acts as the catalyst in the fusion) and make your own higher level catalysts, otherwise all we'll see if the people with most AD or the most time to run dungeon being the people who can actually use the new system.

I thought they were.
This discussion has been closed.