test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Event: Coins of Waukeen!

zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
. . . . . While we await the upcoming patch and patch notes, you all may want to take a browse through the new article on the Waukeen Event, which was recently posted!

Link: New Event: Coins of Waukeen

Update: Patch notes are here!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    One question which the article does not answer: Are the fashion items (cloak and pantaloons) BoE or BoP ?

Also, what are the Coins of Waukeen good for - if I read this correctly you trade in the coin purses for the strongboxes or treasure chests....but what do you do with the coins you get?
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    lexusorlexusor Member Posts: 32
    edited October 2013
    Nice event, looking forward to the gold dyes.
  • Options
    syrusgreycloaksyrusgreycloak Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I wonder if they need an editor for their news posts. How can an event 'start' 1 hour before the planned maintenance ends?
    Alexandrius Moonstar, Level 60 Wood Elf Control Wizard
    Rar'rizton Kenana, Level 60 Drow Elf Trickster Rogue
    Syrus Greycloak, Level 30 Moon Elf Control Wizard
    Lucan Huntinghawk, Level 17 Moon Elf Hunter Ranger

Sacred Silver Blades (www.sacredkeep.com)
  • Options
    aquillazxaquillazx Member Posts: 86
    edited October 2013
    It's a nice article but unless I missed it, it failed to explain what the ''Coins of Waukeen'' are used for :confused:
  • Options
    j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The coins can be traded for weapon transmutes. One for each class (80 coins), shield & sword for GF (40 ea). I suppose these are BoE while all items off the purse/strongbox/chest are BoP. That would match previous events.
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Can these drop from foundries?
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    Can these drop from foundries?
    Double-checking for you. Might be a bit before I wrestle an answer.
  • Options
    mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited October 2013
    nvm, mod please delete this..
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    While waiting for the game to be online, i have few question.

1. 7 level and up, does that mean at level 60 we need to kill lvl 67 adds, lol, where in the world do we find them i only see 65
    2. There is 8 coin below the picture, does that mean it requires 8 gold to open the coin, treasure or whatever it is.

I think we need to roll out new toon just to join this event. @_@
    1) The monsters need to be within 7 levels of you. So, if you're level 60, the monsters will need to be at least level 53 or higher in order to have a chance to drop. If you're level 10, the monsters will need to be between level 3 to level 17 to have a chance to drop. If you're level 40, the monsters will need to be between level 33 to level 47.

2) That coin in the bottom right of the tool-tips is how much an NPC vendor would give you if you sold it to them. To buy the "Waukeen's Strongbox" you will need to spend 8 Waukeen Coin Purses, to buy the "Waukeen's Treasure Chest" you will need to spend 32 Waukeen Coin Purses.
  • Options
    muhacmuhac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    As Zeb said in the post either lvl 53 or as far as i know mobs in Elite dungeons are lvl 62-67 if im not mistaken...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    muhac wrote: »
    As Zeb said in the post either lvl 53 or as far as i know mobs in Elite dungeons are lvl 62-67 if im not mistaken...
    . . . . . Epic Delves contain level 65 mobs. There are no monsters in the game higher than level 65 at this time.
  • Options
    rortierortie Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    The drop rate item under "known issues", is the actual rate significantly more or less than the intended rate?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Young people....." - Erik Lehnsherr
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    rortie wrote: »
    The drop rate item under "known issues", is the actual rate significantly more or less than the intended rate?

hope it`s intended, because it makes sense to get less in a group.
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    would be fun if there`s a scorelist how many mobs others killed which doesn`t reset for a week.
    yes i know, could have edited the other post, but am so excited i forgot hehe
  • Options
    zinetharzinethar Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    How does one use the reward of a "Coin of Waukeen"? What are they good for? They are a 'coin' so that implies that I should be able to spend them, but I cannot find any reference on the forum to items that have costs of Waukeen coins.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    They're from the event starting today, and the merchant is in the Moonstone Mask.
    http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1000891
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    zinethar wrote: »
    How does one use the reward of a "Coin of Waukeen"? What are they good for? They are a 'coin' so that implies that I should be able to spend them, but I cannot find any reference on the forum to items that have costs of Waukeen coins.
    Merged this into the Sticky. Please see the first post or the helpful post directly below yours. Thanks, becky!
  • Options
    krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Clarification needed:

When it says "For one week only during the Coins of Waukeen Event, adventurers who defend the Forgotten Realms to..."

Does it mean the Event is like a DD, and will happen for one hour a few times per day? Or is it gonna be on all the time like Tymora's Gift Event was?

Thank you.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    krisst0f wrote: »
    Clarification needed:

When it says "For one week only during the Coins of Waukeen Event, adventurers who defend the Forgotten Realms to..."

Does it mean the Event is like a DD, and will happen for one hour a few times per day? Or is it gonna be on all the time like Tymora's Gift Event was?

Thank you.
    It is constant, during the whole event time.
  • Options
    sat09sat09 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Will there be higher loot ratio for coin purse's in epic dungeons or the same in any other instances (ex. low lvl's instances)?
  • Options
    zinetharzinethar Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    Merged this into the Sticky. Please see the first post or the helpful post directly below yours. Thanks, becky!

Neither the first post, nor the link that BeckyLunatic posted below my post answer the question that I asked about the "reward of a 'Coin of Waukeen'".

I understand that you spend coin purses to buy a strongbox or a treasure chest. In the coin purse, the strongbox and the treasure chest are rewards that you get when you open them. One of the rewards, a green item, that you can earn is a "Coin of Waukeen". Respectively, the rewards are for "1 Coin of Waukeen", "10 Coins of Waukeen" or "40 Coin of Waukeen" (typo? should be 'coins' I suspect).

When I have collected these 'Coins' what do I spend them on? I did read a post where someone indicated that they were to be spent on transmutable items. Specifically, what items and what are their costs? What do these items do? Where can I find information about the use of the Coins of Waukeen event's "Coin of Waukeen"?

I would have thought the "News" post for the event would have included the information about the event's namesake item reward.
  • Options
    eodninjaeodninja Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    looks interesting, a good way to stock up on some fun items without having to buy a key...well played
  • Options
    jiffystrikejiffystrike Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    j0shi82 wrote: »
    The coins can be traded for weapon transmutes. One for each class (80 coins), shield & sword for GF (40 ea). I suppose these are BoE while all items off the purse/strongbox/chest are BoP. That would match previous events.
    Here is the answer that has evaded everyone somehow. :)
  • Options
    galagargalagar Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Here is the answer that has evaded everyone somehow. :)

It didnt evade him, but apparently his question evaded you .. He's looking for the information regarding these transmutes, like WHAT ARE THEY? WHERE IS THE INFO?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Neither the first post, nor the link that BeckyLunatic posted below my post answer the question that I asked about the "reward of a 'Coin of Waukeen'".

I understand that you spend coin purses to buy a strongbox or a treasure chest. In the coin purse, the strongbox and the treasure chest are rewards that you get when you open them. One of the rewards, a green item, that you can earn is a "Coin of Waukeen". Respectively, the rewards are for "1 Coin of Waukeen", "10 Coins of Waukeen" or "40 Coin of Waukeen" (typo? should be 'coins' I suspect).

When I have collected these 'Coins' what do I spend them on? I did read a post where someone indicated that they were to be spent on transmutable items. Specifically, what items and what are their costs? What do these items do? Where can I find information about the use of the Coins of Waukeen event's "Coin of Waukeen"?

I would have thought the "News" post for the event would have included the information about the event's namesake item reward.
    j0shi82 wrote: »

///10 char
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I have been evaded.
  • Options
    galagargalagar Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I wasn't intending to be TOO snarky (maybe a little, lol), but in all honesty, I share the same questions, regarding the use of the coins (apparently for transmutes) but where is there more info, screenshots, etc?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I have been evaded.

Sorry :cool:

There seems to be no information about the transmutes (pics, whatever). And since the preview shard is also down --> waiting game.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    :) All I know is that I am heading to some 7-levels-down mobs with my DC, and AoE purse grinding for a while. Come to me, riches!
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013

They are for buying transmute weapons. They cost 75 coins of Waukeen and are BoP.