test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Event: Coins of Waukeen!

Comments

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    Can these drop from foundries?
    Yes, all monsters in the game within 7 levels of your character's level has a chance to drop them.
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited October 2013
    Hey all, this event will go live one our maintenance is completed. The time on the blog post will be updated. Thanks for the good catch!
  • Options
    j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    tcarnce wrote: »
    or stronger mobs must have an higher dropchance

They have.
  • Options
    rortierortie Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    tcarnce wrote: »
    hope it`s intended, because it makes sense to get less in a group.

Hope is a good thing. I'd like to know the fact though, as the patch notes don't explicitly state one way or the other.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Young people....." - Erik Lehnsherr
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    The server is up! Good luck all!
  • Options
    neskolfneskolf Member Posts: 97
    edited October 2013
    Have we found out if the purses will drop in Foundry?
  • Options
    wilmawuchtigwilmawuchtig Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30
    edited October 2013
    neskolf wrote: »

i just ran the same foundry twice i farmed for event boxes during the last similar event. No purse dropped.
    But maybe, the purse droprate is lower overall...
  • Options
    jarlsburgjarlsburg Member Posts: 222 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    BOP again. Really? I got 80 coins from my first two treasure chests and now if I get the coins again the chest will be a complete waste. Why does every new thing added to this game have to be BOP? Especially with such a limited amount of items for sale. I hope something else is going to be added to the vendor before the event is over so we can spend the rest of these coins.
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    it was fun for 90 min, but the effort is not worth it for me ;p
    it shows somewhere the item images/graphics which can be bought ?

seemed like a lower droprate vs 7 lvls lower then 4 lvls lower
    or well i don`t know, same levels seemed also not realy high.
    it was on 3 dif chars on 3 dif spots, mount hotonow or what s it called seems to get most busy of all maps, where i got also way higher drops with the 4lvl dif
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    neskolf wrote: »
    i just ran the same foundry twice i farmed for event boxes during the last similar event. No purse dropped.
    But maybe, the purse droprate is lower overall...

Didn't seem that bad. Just ran one of my own Foundry quests (Helping Halgarth) and got 5 bags from one play through. Maybe they changed the chance to drop on certain types of enemies.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    silvikksilvikk Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Anyone gotten the cloak yet? Does it have associated stats, or is it just a skin?
  • Options
    stopicanhitustopicanhitu Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    a dumb question..but I do not know the answer
    how does one tell what level monster you are fighting.
  • Options
    caloriencalorien Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The little number next to the monster's name when targetted.
    The PWI info-fox formerly known as Mayfly - Dreamweaver
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    silvikk wrote: »
    Anyone gotten the cloak yet? Does it have associated stats, or is it just a skin?

Just a skin and includes the free appearance change tag.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm guessing it's BoP as well?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I feel like this event is tad too short, weekend events are good for CTAs since there you don't have to accumulate stuff to get rewards, but like this... just too short. :S
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm guessing it's BoP as well?

I forgot to check it, but I don't recall getting a message when I equipped it by accident.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    I forgot to check it, but I don't recall getting a message when I equipped it by accident.

It's BoP. Sad waste of 32 bags for me. :(

LWHVIHF.jpg
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I figured both the pantaloons and the cloak would be, plus the coins, which can only be spent on weapon skins.

This all means that if you really want a specific thing, and the RNG doesn't cooperate, you could end up with a lot of sad-making duplicates. It's not even sensible to save the bags to open on other characters later, since the coins won't be any good.

I do really like the look of the dye though. I suppose people will be complaining it's garish before too long.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I figured both the pantaloons and the cloak would be, plus the coins, which can only be spent on weapon skins.

This all means that if you really want a specific thing, and the RNG doesn't cooperate, you could end up with a lot of sad-making duplicates. It's not even sensible to save the bags to open on other characters later, since the coins won't be any good.

I do really like the look of the dye though. I suppose people will be complaining it's garish before too long.
    I personally don't see why they made the box transmutes BoP.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    I personally don't see why they made the box transmutes BoP.

Wait... can anyone confirm whether the weapon tranmute items are *all* BoP? If so, why even allow us to buy the ones for the other classes?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    There were all BoP on preview.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    icyclassicyclass Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    It's BoP. Sad waste of 32 bags for me. :(

LWHVIHF.jpg

It's salvageable at least. (And worth some gold if you're hard-up, not that anyone is.)

I've got 3 Tiefling symbols in my inventory waiting for me to build up the heart to throw away.
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    icyclass wrote: »
    It's salvageable at least. (And worth some gold if you're hard-up, not that anyone is.)

I've got 3 Tiefling symbols in my inventory waiting for me to build up the heart to throw away.

I don't think it is salvageable though.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    sianekasianeka Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Anyone know if they are dropping at Sharandar? My sister and I have been playing all night there with our level 60 toons and not gotten a one. Yet within an hour of the event start, there was some dude posted 100 of them for sale in the auction house. Where the heck is he finding so many, when sis and I cannot even find one after hours of fighting?
  • Options
    enzododenzodod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
    edited October 2013
    Hmm... the 256k RAD is rare, the cloak is not salvageable and BOP, the golden pantaloons for males are ugly beyond belief and BOP, weapon skins are meh...

Opened 12 treasure chests:

- 4 cloaks
    - 3 pantaloons
    - 120 coins
    - 1 dragon egg
    - 256k RAD
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So if you're going for the AD I wonder if it's better to just open the purses that drop instead of saving for the chests. Out of 300 you only need to have 30 of them contain the 8,000 AD and you're pretty much at the same spot. I don't really care much about profession resources.
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    What epic profession resource can the treasure chest drop? Is it always Dragon Egg?
  • Options
    kaisvorescekaisvoresce Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If your in a party thier is between almost nothing to complete nill of a chance to get bags; which i wish they would fix
  • Options
    yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    I opend one chest. I was the cloak rightaway. Now I only open purses because I think in the end the ratio is much better. One said before he opened 12 chests and got 256k AD. That means 384 purses. This morning I opend around 50 purses and ended up with 64k AD. If I just sum them up I would end up with around 490 AD with 384 purses. And on top of that I also get lots of Residuum, potions, coins, a special potion and dyes. This sounds like a much better deal actually unless you want to farm the cloak and the pantalons of course.