test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

We clairification ON whats an exploit and whats not.

Comments

• Options
    tharsoniusvbtharsoniusvb Member Posts: 43
    edited September 2013
    kalltor wrote: »
    Ok this topic is a bit awkward. Because the title clearly states we want clarification on what is and what is not an exploit. The BENEFIT the exploiters had helped them go no more than a couple days ahead of others and I think if you go over sharandar campaign you will see I am correct. When I first did the Arcane Reservoir quest I had one day cool down - so 100 sparks there + 20 from the two days unlock pretty much entire tier until the protective wards that require another 9 days.

So now the question is pretty clear. On what basis you ban an enormous amount of players for abusing a quest that gives them one or two days benefit from others WHILE :
    Lot of the player base abuse EVERY dungeon ( a T2 gear item they can sell for let's say 500k AD is equivalent to 20 days AD income, of course the price vary but I just gave a wishful sum ).

Coming back to the drawing board here is the deal :
    - The benefit from the Arcane Reservoir was very little to matter, the decision to permanent ban some of those people was pretty much bad in my opinion, of course the community of players asked for the bans crying in forums they have seen people in the third area ...
    - The benefits from T2 dungeons which are benefiting "exploiters" and everyone on a massive scale has NOT been looked into since months now.

So question stands : will PWE ban 75% of the player base for the real exploits in dungeons or remain to the silly and useless AR quest? Basically go over to the new anti exploit team and ask them WHAT IS AN EXPLOIT because it's clearly they were impartial judging the "benefit over other players" when hitting ban hammer.
    Yes, it's a sad thing to see there are so many bugs and if you drive people away from your game it will become unplayable.

Fine them, warn them via in-game mail for the exploits, take back what they made in a bugged way and you won't have 33 pages of rage whenever some content doesn't work as it should.

If it is the case that this exploit gives only a very minor advantage, basicly only a little head start, why do it? I must say, i don't buy it. I have no idea what the benefits were, but to think that for an insignificant advantage people do one quest over and over? This quest isn't that exciting. To do a pretty average quest something like 20 times and gain hardly anything. That smells funny and I won't eat it.
  • Options
    redeclipzeredeclipze Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Well guys have fun playing by yourselves. Either find new people to try and "enjoy" this game anymore or move onto a new game and stop supporting these vampires.
    BiS DC Seyfried - PvP / CN farm (Dragon Server) 1st Degree Burns

twitch.tv/redeclipze
  • Options
    fouetefouete Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    redeclipze wrote: »
    Well guys have fun playing by yourselves. Either find new people to try and "enjoy" this game anymore or move onto a new game and stop supporting these vampires.

vampires sign their execution by a mark on the neck ... cryptic ignores
  • Options
    l3l3l3l3l3l3l3l3 Member Posts: 73
    edited September 2013
    Hey cryptic, you need to understand that the mistake you made giving out 1000's of nightmares in 30 minutes is the same kind of mistake as the 'spark' debacle. How can you not punish one, then ban 100s for the other. Its called "double standards". Both instances are on you. Reap what you sow.
  • Options
    axis40axis40 Member Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    If it is the case that this exploit gives only a very minor advantage, basicly only a little head start, why do it? I must say, i don't buy it. I have no idea what the benefits were, but to think that for an insignificant advantage people do one quest over and over? This quest isn't that exciting. To do a pretty average quest something like 20 times and gain hardly anything. That smells funny and I won't eat it.

did you ever play this game?how many moh you need to do over and over for nothing.so would you rather do them 1 day each or 20 times in one day so you can pvp.pve .only benefit was that you can do them in a day or 2.coz you need seeds and stuff to unlock boons,and you just have bunch of sparks sitting around same as gold cresends.
  • Options
    mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited September 2013
    To the people that got banned, dont worry you will still received e-Mails from PWI asking you to check back on their game after you stop playing for months with added returning to the game gift packs. LOL. and oh, don't forget the promo's too. LMAO.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    To the people that got banned, dont worry you will still received e-Mails from PWI asking you to check back on their game after you stop playing for months with added returning to the game gift packs. LOL. and oh, don't forget the promo's too. LMAO.

well if they send me a cape and a dwarven mask im in
  • Options
    bubba1966bubba1966 Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Regarding the salvaging and bans, it is not rumor mongering
    fouete wrote: »
    This account has been banned for abusing an exploit involving Sharing Quests and Salvaging ...
    That is the only certain information I have at this time.

Could you get us more info please ambisinisterr. Is salvaging a bannable offense? And if so, under what circumstances... no one seems to know.

This is so Kafkaesque.
  • Options
    koboldbard2koboldbard2 Banned Users Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    People were banned for exploiting a loophole in the system which allowed them to accumulate a lot of what was intended to be a very rare resource.
    No, Cryptic said they were lucky and congratulated them.
  • Options
    kalltorkalltor Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Go look for yourself, where sparks are used. You needed 3 days to unlock first tree - 30 sparks, 10 sparks castle, 90 sparks banshee gate. Had AR in cooldown 1 day if you were to do it just after patch and 4 hrs if you did first dailies quick also then 3rd dailies were on 16hrs cooldown. Basically wed patch day you could have plant all vibrant seedings and thursday start working on the Enclave.
    So in two days you could unlock the 3/3 vibrant seedings and unlock the dark fey enclave, 16 more hrs to unlock the Castle while farming for abjuring charms.
    By Wed with no exploit you should have had 7/9 into protective wards since patch and most of the people that I know they shared the Arcane Reservoir had just that.

So let's do a quick math : 220 sparks you need to unlock 3rd area of Malabog.
    You had AR for 50, cooldown 1 day so another 50.
    3 sets of dailies with , 0 cooldown, 4hrs cooldown and another 16hrs cooldown - 30 more sparks.
    In two days you had 130 sparks with NO exploit and thu-wed ,7 more daily quests 70 more sparks, that gets you to 200 sparks after a week of patch and when ban hammer hit I think.

YES, abusing the Arcane Reservoir quest got them one to three days advantage and yes I consider this ban is stupid, irresponsible and the staff didn't do their job properly to weight everything before deciding on it. The people in the game community that raged about this are in fact the true exploiters pointing fingers after countless exploits and ... YES I know some of the whiners.

I wasn't banned, I play PWE games for two years now, but I have many friends that got permanent ban and our entire friend community thinks to move to other games.
  • Options
    redeclipzeredeclipze Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I wasn't banned, I play PWE games for two years now, but I have many friends that got permanent ban and our entire friend community thinks to move to other games.

Seems to be the case for many people including myself.

Good job Cryptic at killing your own game.

So is there anyone from PWE or Cryptic for a response on this mater? Repair the damage that has been caused, mostly by PWE / Cryptic? Please chime in and shed light on the mistakes that have been made.
    BiS DC Seyfried - PvP / CN farm (Dragon Server) 1st Degree Burns

twitch.tv/redeclipze
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Go look for yourself, where sparks are used. You needed 3 days to unlock first tree - 30 sparks, 10 sparks castle, 90 sparks banshee gate. Had AR in cooldown 1 day if you were to do it just after patch and 4 hrs if you did first dailies quick also then 3rd dailies were on 16hrs cooldown. Basically wed patch day you could have plant all vibrant seedings and thursday start working on the Enclave.
    So in two days you could unlock the 3/3 vibrant seedings and unlock the dark fey enclave, 16 more hrs to unlock the Castle while farming for abjuring charms.
    By Wed with no exploit you should have had 7/9 into protective wards since patch and most of the people that I know they shared the Arcane Reservoir had just that.

So let's do a quick math : 220 sparks you need to unlock 3rd area of Malabog.
    You had AR for 50, cooldown 1 day so another 50.
    3 sets of dailies with , 0 cooldown, 4hrs cooldown and another 16hrs cooldown - 30 more sparks.
    In two days you had 130 sparks with NO exploit and thu-wed ,7 more daily quests 70 more sparks, that gets you to 200 sparks after a week of patch and when ban hammer hit I think.

YES, abusing the Arcane Reservoir quest got them one to three days advantage and yes I consider this ban is stupid, irresponsible and the staff didn't do their job properly to weight everything before deciding on it. The people in the game community that raged about this are in fact the true exploiters pointing fingers after countless exploits and ... YES I know some of the whiners.

can you define the difference bettwen " the true exploiters " and your "friends" that got banned...lol
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    All disciplinary matters are considered on a case-by-case basis. PWE is not bound by any precedent on one particular issue to act in a similar or identical manner on any future issue. Such decisions are at the sole,final, and absolute discretion of PWE. This is spelled out in ToS.

This statement by a pwe representitive says all that needs to be said. No one in this game is safe. There are no solid ground rules to follow, and no one knows whether anything they do will be met with " you got lucky" or "permanant ban". We can argue back and forth what or what is not a banable exploit, but in the end no one can ever know.

Players have absolutly no rights. You better think long and hard about that before you hit the buy zen button.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    axis40 wrote: »
    can you define the difference bettwen " the true exploiters " and your "friends" that got banned...lol

Those that spend lot of time to find spots to bug bosses or weak game mechanics.
  • Options
    fouetefouete Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    skalt112 wrote: »
    This statement by a pwe representitive says all that needs to be said. No one in this game is safe. There are no solid ground rules to follow, and no one knows whether anything they do will be met with " you got lucky" or "permanant ban". We can argue back and forth what or what is not a banable exploit, but in the end no one can ever know.

Players have absolutly no rights. You better think long and hard about that before you hit the buy zen button.

you was a genius
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Those that spend lot of time to find spots to bug bosses or weak game mechanics.

nah those same spots and game mechanich your friends use also(they got ban because of it) so it cant be that...lol
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    nah those same spots and game mechanich your friends use also(they got ban because of it) so it cant be that...lol

Nope, they got banned for sharing a spark quest. If PWE would ban people for dungeon exploits , only the staff would play.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    fouete wrote: »
    you was a genius

agree best post so far
  • Options
    bubba1966bubba1966 Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    skalt112 wrote: »

Exactly what i meant by Kafkaesque.

Here, we have a game that is a minefield of incredibly bugged and exploitable content. Then, we have a set of rules that we must follow or pay the penalty of being banned. The problem is, no one knows what those rules exactly are. Additionally, in some cases, people don't know, and cannot find out, what they were actually banned for (banned for salvaging ???).

My problem isn't really with the bans, its with the irresponsibility on the part of cryptic to allow known bugged and exploitable content to remain on Live for months. A responsible and professional company removes such content immediately.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Nope, they got banned for sharing a spark quest. If PWE would ban people for dungeon exploits , only the stuff would play.

no true inocent people here lol.
  • Options
    chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You are already banned you just don't know it. I am not sure what banned for salvaging exploit meant. Was it from salvaging my old t1 set from the bank? Or buying drake items and pvp t1 items at vendors to salvage? I'm asking here now because cryptic CS won't respond to me after 5+ emails, just send me autoreply that I was banned and thanks for understanding.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    You are already banned you just don't know it. I am not sure what banned for salvaging exploit meant. Was it from salvaging my old t1 set from the bank? Or buying drake items and pvp t1 items at vendors to salvage? I'm asking here now because cryptic CS won't respond to me after 5+ emails, just send me autoreply that I was banned and thanks for understanding.

You're banned for using a feature they implemented? ^.^
    Nothing new, move along.
    Hope is not a permanent ban lol
  • Options
    chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I was permanently banned for sharing the quest and salvaging something. Admittedly I shared about 50 times and salvaged almost a thousand drake coins worth of rings.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I was permanently banned for sharing the quest and salvaging something. Admittedly I shared about 50 times and salvaged almost a thousand drake coins worth of rings.

eat some choco watch tv....soon there are new games coming very soon,when whining stops and it will game over.
  • Options
    uniguilduniguild Member Posts: 44
    edited September 2013
    bubba1966 wrote: »
    Regarding the salvaging and bans, it is not rumor mongering

Could you get us more info please ambisinisterr. Is salvaging a bannable offense? And if so, under what circumstances... no one seems to know.

This is so Kafkaesque.

People bought items form the auction house prior to the patch for 3-5k that could be salvaged for twice as much after the patch. Bans for that are a major joke, because patches change the value of items all the time (Stalwart anyone?).

BUT the gained rough ADs are "sponsored" by Cryptic/PWE and if you pickpocket them, prepare to get punished.
  • Options
    edited September 2013

Sign up for morrowind online xD... but I warn you, bosses and all mobs will have neat AI , hiding from archers, dodging hits, no visual aoe's to dodge :) well... much like how NWO should be xD
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    uniguild wrote: »
    People bought items form the auction house prior to the patch for 3-5k that could be salvaged for twice as much after the patch. Bans for that are a major joke, because patches change the value of items all the time (Stalwart anyone?).

BUT the gained rough ADs are "sponsored" by Cryptic/PWE and if you pickpocket them, prepare to get punished.

I remember doing that in EVE online a while ago, got myself like 5000$ worth of ingame cash, I made a ticket to ask if I was exploiting and they said ... "We put it there, didn't we? Good business you did."
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    People bought items form the auction house prior to the patch for 3-5k that could be salvaged for twice as much after the patch. Bans for that are a major joke, because patches change the value of items all the time (Stalwart anyone?)
    BUT the gained rough ADs are "sponsored" by Cryptic/PWE and if you pickpocket them, prepare to get punished.[/QUOTE

turnes out that if you salvaged not bound item you made a huge mistake.coz any purple item is worth much more then salvage now.so much for the exploit
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    People bought items form the auction house prior to the patch for 3-5k that could be salvaged for twice as much after the patch. Bans for that are a major joke, because patches change the value of items all the time (Stalwart anyone?)
    BUT the gained rough ADs are "sponsored" by Cryptic/PWE and if you pickpocket them, prepare to get punished.[/QUOTE

turnes out that if you salvaged not bound item you made a huge mistake.coz any purple item is worth much more then salvage now.so much for the exploit

Like 10 times...
    So they laughed in your face for being a newbie and banned you for failing at exploiting.

Apologies for the irony but was directed at the company since they just don't get it. Lawl
  • Options
    edited September 2013

Like 10 times...
    So they laughed in your face for being a newbie and banned you for failing at exploiting.

Apologies for the irony but was directed at the company since they just don't get it. Lawl

i was thinking what you wrote was realy funny,coz that is how i felt lol selling what i called <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and now is op stuff
This discussion has been closed.