test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why is Neverwinter giving away Hero of North Spider Mounts?

1235»

Comments

• theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    allaerra wrote: »
    Guess you haven't been around long;).

As this is my second account on these forums I have been around for quite a while.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    allaerra wrote: »
    Incorrect. They did say that they would be exclusive to HotN Founders and they also said the packs would not be available after launch.

They never, not once, said they would never release another spider mount. In fact they had said they probably would release another spider mount but would be sure to make it different.

Be sure to check this tiny little thing out in game. It is nowhere near as grand and epic as the Hero of the North Spider. Even these pictures are hard to give it justice but the spider about half the bulk of the HotN spider. Check it out in game.

Small1_zps82bab57f.jpg

Small2_zpscf7d808c.jpg

I feel it is adequately different to be pose no threat to uniqueness of the Hero of the North Mount.
  • sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    fusedmass wrote: »
    Why couldn't they picked another animal. If the animal, we all are going be unlocking the lock boxes for the next several months, is a spider, rank 2. I'd like to opt out. It's supposed to be some mega rare mount, that we cannot get normally or through any promotion.

Fact they made the mount smaller, still an issue its a mount in itself. I have a spider, rank 3 mount. Whats purpose of me unlocking lock boxes then to obtain. Secondly, out of all of the animals. Why make the unique mount as a spider, rank 2.

It just seems a tad too close to Hero of North. I actually bought the promotion pack. I can switch from spider and other mount. I wish they would detail the difference, because if we're looking at models alone. Then there isn't much difference.

reskin/resize mount is EASY to do than to create a brand new mount (which they may do later)
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • thebrimanthebriman Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They never, not once, said they would never release another spider mount. In fact they had said they probably would release another spider mount but would be sure to make it different.

Be sure to check this tiny little thing out in game. It is nowhere near as grand and epic as the Hero of the North Spider. Even these pictures are hard to give it justice but the spider about half the bulk of the HotN spider. Check it out in game.

Small1_zps82bab57f.jpg

Small2_zpscf7d808c.jpg

I feel it is adequately different to be pose no threat to uniqueness of the Hero of the North Mount.

At the risk of further riling up those who are upset by this, I actually like the new one better. It's less imposing, but more natural looking. Thanks for posting the pics, ambi, I hadn't seen the new one yet and was wondering what all the fuss was about.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Haha, indeed! Of course there's always the matter of personal tastes to consider.

Certainly I can see why you like the gold spider more! I myself love the new one but it's certainly vastly different from the HotN mount. And truly the pictures don't do it justice.

I was personally assured by the staff that the mount would remain exclusive forever and I truly feel it has remained exclusive despite no longer being the only spider mount.
  • sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Haha, indeed! Of course there's always the matter of personal tastes to consider.

Certainly I can see why you like the gold spider more! I myself love the new one but it's certainly vastly different from the HotN mount. And truly the pictures don't do it justice.

I was personally assured by the staff that the mount would remain exclusive forever and I truly feel it has remained exclusive despite no longer being the only spider mount.

I like the HotN version better. It is scarier ;)
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • thebrimanthebriman Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I myself love the new one but it's certainly vastly different from the HotN mount.

Yeah, definitely a different mount IMHO. Enough so that, while I've never really envied the HotN mount, I'm considering replacing my warg with one of these little monsters.
  • chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    thebriman wrote: »
    Yeah, definitely a different mount IMHO. Enough so that, while I've never really envied the HotN mount, I'm considering replacing my warg with one of these little monsters.

Definitely enjoying the new spider mount and all the hard work that went into making it a great looking mount.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah... I mean, they could have literally just recolored the thing, made it a T2, and left everything else the same, and still have gotten away with it. This at least shows a little more effort was put into it...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    . . . . I kinda like the little mount.. would look great to ride if we had duergar dwarves or svirfneblin gnone sub-races. Hope they keep adding new mounts, I like variety. Indeed.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Yeah... I mean, they could have literally just recolored the thing, made it a T2, and left everything else the same, and still have gotten away with it. This at least shows a little more effort was put into it...

Yeah, thanks for the pictures, ambisinisterr.... it shows that they did alter the model and it's not just a simple recolor. Definitely leaves the HotN spider as a "unique" mount. There's no reason for drama here. /shrug
  • mrspumamrspuma Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't know if I'd say the golden spider is half-size, but it is smaller. The legs don't go up as high, and it's less armored, which gives it a smaller profile. And it seems to have a 5th pair of tiny legs in front ... which is odd. ;) Btw, if one upgraded it, it might grow. Just a thought.

Anyway, I still don't see it listed in the Wondrous Bazaar or the Zen market, so at the moment it's not actually available?

...what I'm personally curious about is that spotted leopard mount that's now standing on the platform. It's a lot bigger than my white tiger. I want, want, want, it. They so like to tease us .... :cool: (I know, it'll probably be available at some point....but I'm one of the impatient ones, lol)
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I think it's the Stormraider Clydesdale that's basically a recolouring of the Guardian pack mount.

dramadramadrama
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    mrspuma wrote: »
    And it seems to have a 5th pair of tiny legs in front ... which is odd. ;)

They're called pedipalps. Realistic spider anatomy ftw!
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • mrspumamrspuma Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They're called pedipalps. Realistic spider anatomy ftw!
    I thought of that (I love real spiders), but they still seem a little big for palps. Also, they come to a pointy tip, like their other feet. It doesn't look right for palps. ;)

NWO-0125.jpg
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    When can we get the giant spider, under the giant rideable boot?

I no likely spiders, but id toss money at the game for a giant boot shaped spider squisher :D
  • drdoodlemandrdoodleman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2013

How can you say that when the $200($700 value) "exclusive limited time, get-it-before-it-is-gone-forever-count-down, founder's package"(which is STILL available at the same price, just sans the in game "founder" title) with it's "unique" mount, race, and pet that have now all be re-skinned/re-released or soon will be?

The "real" drow are now out I cannot find ONE difference in the character creator when looking at the next to each other on 2 different computers. Face tattoos and some text changes?

The spider mount is now re-released but for trade bars, something you can also only get by spending more cash, not even for free-to-play players to chase, just another cash mount.

And now I've heard of a new panther pet that is just like my 'unique' panther pet, but 'more 'unique' because this new one has cool glowing blue designs on it... making my unique panther seem rather obsolete and definitely not unique.

I love MMOs. I like DND. I like Neverwinter. I like the Foundry. I am also fortunate to have money to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> away on games I like, but not if its worthless and reskinned later. Not if its exploited and made worse. Whoever is heading the cash shop system is doing the worse job I've seen, and I laughed my way through SWTOR when it went free looking at its failed free-to-play cash shop blunders. Do not make their same mistakes. Don't just pump out reskinned races/pets in a cash shop and package together ridiculous bundles of worthless <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> with unique items that you then re-release. Don't let your game's economy go down the tube by not paying attention to how the cash shop wrecks the economy. That is when a free-to-play game dies, when you can't do anything in it outside of spend money on the same reskinned things over and over through convoluted currency exchange schemes that can all come down to cash. free players might stay, but people with money to burn wont stick around if theres nothing actually 'new' to buy.

Please don't make me go take screenshots of the 2 drow races in game, along with the other races in game, and show how they are all so similiar/barely different. Or go take pictures of both spiders side by side or the new panther vs my old one. They ARE THE SAME and being sold at 'exclusive/unique' prices. if this is the level of content that will be available at these prices, people won't keep paying.

-from someone who has spent money on this game.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?841-The-Lower-Depths
    If you want a real look at the state of the game/customer service, check out the forum where they move all the "deleted"/banned "spam"
    edited August 2013
    Somebody finally put one of my favorite scenes of all time onto youtube.

When I first saw the Giant Spider Mount advertised all I could say is darn I Need the Big Boot for That One.

I+miss+that+show.+And+Jeff+was+the+only+spider+_eac6c432901ce22ad1a9979ffe86d7c2.jpg

Oh do I loathe spiders. I love Drow. I love playing drow. But oh boy do I loath spiders.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

I am kind of wondering if the size change is intentional to be honest. Back when the worg named "Armored Worg" was up there they had complaints about the Heavy & Medium Worg mounts in shop being half the size of the one on display. They then reduced the display model's size. Thread here:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?328642-Heavy-Warg&highlight=worg

I haven't seen the new spider ridden by anyone in game yet. So I wonder if they copied the skin onto the old model and forgot to turn off the down scaling.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • medic670medic670 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've had it with these motha****in' spiders, in this motha****in' game ! Everybody grab a spell, I'm about to open some ****in' portals !
    LOL :eek:
    He who knows nothing, loves nothing.
    He who can do nothing understands nothing.
    He who understands nothing is worthless.

Paracelsus 1540
  • allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Ambi, I did not say that they hadn't said they might come up with another spider mount. In fact, in another post I mentioned that they had said from the get go they would probably have another spider mount. I was responding to theviking2006 who somehow missed it the numerous times over several months that devs assured the community that HotN items were exclusive to HotN buyers. He claims that they never promised exclusivity of the specific items in the pack, which they most certainly did and repeatedly.

I agree with you that the new mount is not exactly the same, although if you look at your own pics I am sure you can see it is the same drawing with the colors changed and armor removed. So, pretty close. Still it isn't exactly the same.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The spider mount is now re-released but for trade bars, something you can also only get by spending more cash, not even for free-to-play players to chase, just another cash mount.

According to the news page announcement, the new spider (which is different than the HotN spider, therefore leaving it "exclusive") will be in the Wondrous Bazaar. Which means diamonds, not trade bars.
    trade bars, something you can also only get by spending more cash,

Meanwhile, the toon that I open lockboxes on has close to 600 trade bars. Gotten by exchanging AD for zen, then buying keys with that zen. As a "free" player.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Just checked the trade bar guy, and didn't see the spider mount. As far as I know its not been put back up since whenever they pulled it. There is a new spider companion in the trade bar store, but that's a different thing.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • chaelkchaelk Member Posts: 5,727 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    Just checked the trade bar guy, and didn't see the spider mount. As far as I know its not been put back up since whenever they pulled it. There is a new spider companion in the trade bar store, but that's a different thing.

I saw it at the mount vendor, rear left. It's small- just right for halflings, not as armoured and different coloured. Head and eyes are different too.
    It 's CUTE. I'm getting that one for my halfling. The big one, she can walk under
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited August 2013
    The spider is still not available for purchase. It'll be available soon. :)