test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wheres the drow?

Comments

• s32ialxs32ialx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Basically every race besides humans have subraces.
    I am sure we'll see plenty more in time and when we do those races will be defined more accurately. :)

However, to confirm, the drow has been stated to be available no sooner than August 20.

They should then put all elves in to Elf Selection and than from there based on pack info you can pick which sub Elf you want ;D
  • ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    s32ialx wrote: »
    They should then put all elves in to Elf Selection and than from there based on pack info you can pick which sub Elf you want ;D

Wood Elf's sub-race would be Wild Elf. TBH, if anything, Wild Elf and Ranger module would be absolutely amazing and make a lot of sense.

Oh, yeah. About the "Elf Selection", Moon and Sun Elves are classified as "Eladrin", high elf.
  • s32ialxs32ialx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ashlotte wrote: »
    Wood Elf's sub-race would be Wild Elf. TBH, if anything, Wild Elf and Ranger module would be absolutely amazing and make a lot of sense.

Oh, yeah. About the "Elf Selection", Moon and Sun Elves are classified as "Eladrin", high elf.

except that wood elf is sub classed from Elf. and also what are you saying? Moon and Sun elf are going to be labeled High Elf so if we bought the pack we can't be both?

What I was suggesting to clean up the Race Selection they just put all elves under Elf

Select Race
    • Elf
      • Wood Elf
      • Moon Elf (Only Available if you have Pack)
      • Sun Elf
      • Drow
      • Menzoberranzan Renegade (Only Available if you have Pack)
    • Dwarf
      • Dwarf Sub Races
      • Half-Elf Dwarf (lol)
    • Tiefling
      • Half-Tieflings
      • Tiefling-orc
    • Halfling
      • Half-Elf Halfing (lol)
    • Human
      • Half-Elf Human
    • Orc
      • Half-Orc (elf?)
      • Half-Orc (human)
    etc...

I suggest this because with all these extra races it seems they don't have enough space for them all. i mean if you have both packs that offer races plus all the free races it has to be pretty cramped for space... if they did it this way not only could that add more sub races but also clean it up a bit and add more main races like Warforged and other wanted races possibly the Catfolk or the Drakkoth etc.
  • savagedeaconsavagedeacon Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    except that wood elf is sub classed from Elf. and also what are you saying? Moon and Sun elf are going to be labeled High Elf so if we bought the pack we can't be both?

What I was suggesting to clean up the Race Selection they just put all elves under Elf

Select Race
    • Elf
      • Wood Elf
      • Moon Elf (Only Available if you have Pack)
      • Sun Elf
      • Drow
      • Menzoberranzan Renegade (Only Available if you have Pack)
    • Dwarf
      • Dwarf Sub Races
      • Half-Elf Dwarf (lol)
    • Tiefling
      • Half-Tieflings
      • Tiefling-orc
    • Halfling
      • Half-Elf Halfing (lol)
    • Human
      • Half-Elf Human
    • Orc
      • Half-Orc (elf?)
      • Half-Orc (human)
    etc...

I suggest this because with all these extra races it seems they don't have enough space for them all. i mean if you have both packs that offer races plus all the free races it has to be pretty cramped for space... if they did it this way not only could that add more sub races but also clean it up a bit and add more main races like Warforged and other wanted races possibly the Catfolk or the Drakkoth etc.

the Menzoberranzan Renegade is not a sub race of the Drow. It is simply a drow that comes from the city state of Menzoberranzan, also known like the City of Spiders, there are not two subraces of the drow
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menzoberranzan
    edited August 2013
    the Menzoberranzan Renegade is not a sub race of the Drow. It is simply a drow that comes from the city state of Menzoberranzan, also known like the City of Spiders, there are not two subraces of the drow
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menzoberranzan

I know but it would be a sub race of Elf (was my point) and because it's only available to pack buyers it will still have to show up separately regardless
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013

Read the Fourth Edition Rule Books.

For the most part Moon Elves and Sun Elves are typically grouped with Eladrin while Wood Elves and Wild Elves are considered Sylvan Elves. :)

The rules have changed. Keep that in mind when you state what you feel things should be because more often than not it's out of date lore which causes these interpretations. ;)
  • knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Putting all the elves in an elf section might not be a bad idea though, simply due to screen space. As more races come out, if they don't make some sort of changes to race selection screen, it is going to get very cluttered.

As it was when I went on test, I could select the Moon Elf, but the Sun Elf was nowhere to be seen on the selection screen that I could find, and I'm not sure where they could jam it in. I have no idea why I didn't see the Sun Elf there. Perhaps it isn't available to test yet, or perhaps due to me having the pack the game felt I would want to explore the Moon Elf.
  • wyndewynde Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So where is the regular drow now? Its been 60 days? Any plans for it anytime soon? As this is a race that was promised at some point after 60 days to those who did not purchase the Hero pack.
    Any news on Rangers...no planning to create a drow ranger but it is a class classic to D&D and Neverwinter.
    Seyena-Signature.png

Haven's Point- Not just another guild! We are a community, a town...a family!
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    wynde wrote: »
    So where is the regular drow now? Its been 60 days? Any plans for it anytime soon? As this is a race that was promised at some point after 60 days to those who did not purchase the Hero pack.
    Any news on Rangers...no planning to create a drow ranger but it is a class classic to D&D and Neverwinter.
    . . . . . 60 days was not a firm release date, as stated in the EFAQ, vanilla drow will be unavailable for at least 60 days after release. There's been no word on a firm release date yet for the free drow race. I too am looking forward to free drow! There's also been no release date for the new class, only that they would like to have it out by the end of the year.
  • marlzmarlz Member Posts: 102
    edited August 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . 60 days was not a firm release date, as stated in the EFAQ, vanilla drow will be unavailable for at least 60 days after release. There's been no word on a firm release date yet for the free drow race. I too am looking forward to free drow! There's also been no release date for the new class, only that they would like to have it out by the end of the year.

^ dodgy dog practice designed to keep people here for 2 months in hopes of them getting the race they wanted, and by the 60 day period where it becomes apparent it sure as hell isn't coming any time soon, the devs just think those who sticked around for the 2 months will not stick in a little longer to see what M1 offers, while i have always loved wood elfs over drow i honestly don't care nor want to roll a drow, however i will voice out agents what i deem to be deceitful and seedy, in which case i honestly feel PWE/Cryptic have done to a certian large number of there player base here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Because Vanilla Drow wasn't released on day 60 it's not coming for a long while? *shakes head and smiles*

I didn't expect to see it on day 60. I personally would like to see it with the Fury of the Feywild but that would be nothing more than a pleasant surprise. Logically it makes more sense to release them the same day or shortly after Fury of the Feywild though but no matter what I expect we'll get them soon but patience is a virtue.

You were promised absolutely no sooner than August 20. If you expected it the same day I honestly feel that was an unreal expectation. We'll get them. Patience. ;)
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    marlz wrote: »
    ^ dodgy dog practice designed to keep people here for 2 months in hopes of them getting the race they wanted, and by the 60 day period where it becomes apparent it sure as hell isn't coming any time soon, the devs just think those who sticked around for the 2 months will not stick in a little longer to see what M1 offers, while i have always loved wood elfs over drow i honestly don't care nor want to roll a drow, however i will voice out agents what i deem to be deceitful and seedy, in which case i honestly feel PWE/Cryptic have done to a certian large number of there player base here.

I think you are looking at this the wrong way. Look at who the messages were targeted to. Imo the "at least" 60 day thing was a promise to the people who bought the pack. Not those that didn't. To ensure those that paid the $200 that they would have the Drow first and exclusively for at least that long.

Looking at it that way, I see nothing shady in the wording.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
    edited August 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    I think you are looking at this the wrong way. Look at who the messages were targeted to. Imo the "at least" 60 day thing was a promise to the people who bought the pack. Not those that didn't. To ensure those that paid the $200 that they would have the Drow first and exclusively for at least that long.

Looking at it that way, I see nothing shady in the wording.

You make a valid and sound point, and while looking at it from that preceptive i would agree with you 100%
    saddly as i stated in another thread on this site, a lot of gaming industrys as of late have been handling stuff extremely shaddy and wilfully misinform people, so i lack the trust here in that department

which i posted in this thread

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?453141-Cryptic-provide-a-link-to-the-feedback-you-claim
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've been burned by games too. Heck, I bought WarZ. (ugh...) And there certainly are some things I don't like about Neverwinter. But I just don't see them doing anything intentionally like some seem to think. Its usually not malicious, but dumb/lazy stuff like not listing a pack as a preorder on the purchase page. On the other hand, this game overall is awesome. And maybe I'm having to much fun playing it to look for a dark intent. Sorry.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
    edited August 2013
    I've been burned by games too. Heck, I bought WarZ. (ugh...) And there certainly are some things I don't like about Neverwinter. But I just don't see them doing anything intentionally like some seem to think. Its usually not malicious, but dumb/lazy stuff like not listing a pack as a preorder on the purchase page. On the other hand, this game overall is awesome. And maybe I'm having to much fun playing it to look for a dark intent. Sorry.

I admire your honest view and ablity to take everything into account, and that your still on the positive boat. Most people who support everything the devs do are simply seeking approval and and just blind followers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sneakybawlssneakybawls Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I too agree with both points on this argument. I played beta and was looking forward to it's release....until I found out about the Drow situation. LOL The only race I wanted to roll happened to be a Drow. So I didn't, and haven't played it since launch. And here two months later I'm seeing it's no where in sight STILL. Personally it chaps my *** that the one race I wanted is in limbo, save for people with apparent money floating around for that crazy insane price. For $200 I seriously want something more than just exclusivity to **** race....but that's just my opinion. People have the right to blow money any way they want. Just be nice if a Dev would clear the air instead of this cloak and dagger horse <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that I agree a lot of developers are doing these days...
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Ditto I've had my share of games burning me <FFXIV>. This game is still at its core a Forgotten Realms MMO and thats always going to keep a lot of people here. With a handful more classes(Ranger, Bard, Paladin, Druid, Warlock), a few more races(even though we have way more then most new MMOs), and at least a 2nd Paragon and this game is cooking with gas. It's a slow start and i'm sure the devs can sit back and be like hmmm we should have done a few things different but overall its the playerbase that delays things. People minmaxing in pvp, exploiting in dungeons, blowing up the forums... No wonder we don't have new pvp maps, or classes when developers are always playing damage control.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nornsavantnornsavant Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    And here we have a great opportunity to discover a new term today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weasel_word

The statement was indeed that the release of the drow would be “no less than” 60 days after. So in reality no date was set at all.

So if you were a djinni offering wishes, these guys would own your world with their clever non-answery machinations.

But in short no one knows when they will they will be released, we only know when they wont be released. Sort of sets the tone doesn’t it.
  • chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    The Drow are already in the game, you only need to spend $200 to play them.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
    edited August 2013
    Rumor had it that the Drow would be a playable race by August 20th. I know they are included in a purchasable pack, but is that it? Are the drow going to become a selectable race for everyone else?

I don't know how old you are nor do I want to but you should know by now rumor's rarely are fact and if you did your OWN research instead of relying on rumor's you would know that it would NOT be a playable race by August 20th but some time thereafter. and that it was made a point (even many times in this thread which you clearly neglected to take the time and read probably out of sheer laziness and lack of actual care to know) that the Drow race would be EXCLUSIVE to the $200 Pack buyers for a MINIMUM of 60 days after the date the game with LIVE June 20th and that AFTER Aug 20th we MAY see the free to play Drow show up in the near future not ON the 20th but sometime after at the (again) MINIMUM 60 days.
  • chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I don't know how old you are nor do I want to but you should know by now rumor's rarely are fact and if you did your OWN research instead of relying on rumor's you would know that it would NOT be a playable race by August 20th but some time thereafter. and that it was made a point (even many times in this thread which you clearly neglected to take the time and read probably out of sheer laziness and lack of actual care to know) that the Drow race would be EXCLUSIVE to the $200 Pack buyers for a MINIMUM of 60 after the date the game with LIVE June 20th and that AFTER Aug 20th we MAY see the free to play Drow show up in the near future not ON the 20th but sometime after at the (again)MINIMUM

This is correct, also how is everyone today?
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • darklock101darklock101 Member Posts: 52
    edited August 2013
    chrono0812 wrote: »
    This is correct, also how is everyone today?

I've been better. Course, I've also been worse. Luckily the lack of free Drow doesn't bother me a bit.
    edited August 2013
    I've been better. Course, I've also been worse. Luckily the lack of free Drow doesn't bother me a bit.

Me either, the Drow will be implemented when the devs get around to it. Until then unless you have $200 of free money laying around players will have to be patient.
    Death_knight.jpg

~Sholom Aleichem
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah this topic can be locked up tight now as the free drow will be here TOMORROW
  • seduiriseduiri Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    rhoric wrote: »
    Yeah this topic can be locked up tight now as the free drow will be here TOMORROW
    *dances with glee*
    edited August 2013
    rhoric wrote: »

All I can do is luls over all of this.
  • seduiriseduiri Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Now i need to find something to do to wait out the time till tomorrow. *eye twitch*
    edited August 2013

Yeah!! Stop your Crying, and no more posts regarding when the Drow Race will be available and whatever else any one wants to throw in for good measure.... Good night and Good luck to all and to all a Happy time tomorrow.
    Death_knight.jpg

~Sholom Aleichem
This discussion has been closed.