Comments

• Options
    rishzothrishzoth Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ...ummm, try Underdark?

• Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Soo, since the free drow race is unavailable until 60 days after launch will the free sun elf be available 60 days after feywild launch too?
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    undeadcrabbundeadcrabb Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    rishzoth wrote: »
    ...ummm, try Underdark?

By that, I'm assuming, you ment trying to play drow? I'd love to, but I don't think that won't be possible any time soon, well.. unless I want to toss away 200$. Let's just hope, that I'm wrong.
    Folow me on Deviant art! ;)
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Soo, since the free drow race is unavailable until 60 days after launch will the free sun elf be available 60 days after feywild launch too?

Sun Elves will be available for everybody August 22.
    Moon elves will remain unique for Knights of the Feywild. There will be no free version of Moon Elves.
  • Options
    darklock101darklock101 Member Posts: 52
    edited August 2013
    Sun Elves will be available for everybody August 22.
    Moon elves will remain unique for Knights of the Feywild. There will be no free version of Moon Elves.

/em Tries to think of a way to wildly misinterpret this post...

hmmmmm.......

Got it!

So there will never again be free races and the only way you can play the new Knight of the Feywild class is to pay for moon elves?

ZOMG!
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    There is NO class in the pack and of course there will still be free races.
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    /em Tries to think of a way to wildly misinterpret this post...

hmmmmm.......

Got it!

So there will never again be free races and the only way you can play the new Knight of the Feywild class is to pay for moon elves?

ZOMG!

That should pretty much cover wild misinterpretation. Now, if you start a thread with that, you'll really get some conversation going.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I bet drow will be out when the new ranger class is released, you know why? The answer is - Drizzt.
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    they `re delaying it to give people a reason to come back, my guess it `s in 2 months.
    tactics of a dying game ;p
    i`m so brilliant ;p made this guess without reading the comments ;p
  • Options
    majeurevismajeurevis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So, pretty much, there is going to be a future module/mini-module that contains the ranger class and free Drow race? Possibly Module 2, where it expands on the Drow storyline in the game, maybe like a forest area that leads to the Underdark? I can't see how they'd just throw in a new class and race without having some kind of story to do it.
    Artificer.jpg

Member of the Bring Gith and Artificers to Neverwinter Party.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    majeurevis wrote: »
    So, pretty much, there is going to be a future module/mini-module that contains the ranger class and free Drow race? Possibly Module 2, where it expands on the Drow storyline in the game, maybe like a forest area that leads to the Underdark? I can't see how they'd just throw in a new class and race without having some kind of story to do it.

I'm not sure about the Module 2, though it would be nice. Ranger + drow - I think is a likely possibility. Right now it's just a speculation - I say, we wait and see.
  • Options
    xaituxaitu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm not playing much currently because I don't feel like leveling up my non-drow characters when I'd rather be leveling a drow and I'm not paying 200 dollars for one simple cosmetic option... Lol. Might sound silly, but I'm awaiting the free release.
  • Options
    ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The Drow are only $200 credit card debt away!
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Today/tomorrow is 60 day mark. We may get news this week. If not then its sometime by the end of the year
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ocampusmaximusocampusmaximus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I am also waiting for the drow. You gave a time frame, PWE, and the clock is ticking. Give us a hint. I'm thinking of buying two Feywild starter packs -love those dogs, and wife will certainly want one too-, but knowing I'll get to have drow soon would inspire me a bit more for the investment.
  • Options
    kantazo1kantazo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The drow drow-ned in the pool of greeed.
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • Options
    kiasydkiasyd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I believe drows might become available when the timer for Feywild reaches hour 0.
    Since this race is already somehow available I doubt there will be something special. Rangers or druids (I hope it will be druids, but 2 classes would be always better than one)... they will likely get something special.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    kiasyd wrote: »
    I believe drows might become available when the timer for Feywild reaches hour 0.
    Since this race is already somehow available I doubt there will be something special. Rangers or druids (I hope it will be druids, but 2 classes would be always better than one)... they will likely get something special.

And here I thought they only embraced polite, well-learned individuals. The drow are not scheduled for any official release with Feywild, nor will there be a release of another class at that time either. There have been many threads about this and numerous mod comments. Drow will be available at least 60 days from the go live date of Neverwinter (not open beta's start). That means from at least that point until the eventual heat death of the universe (provided we escape the death of our own star).
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    . . . . .When today the 19th ends and tomorrow the 20th begins, it will then have been 60 days since the game launched on June 20th. As we've said many times, Feywild does not include a Class. There is a class in the works and they would like to have it released by the end of the year. Emphasis on "would like." Also, for the free drow race, it was never said that they will release 60 days from the launch date, but only that it would be at least 60 days from the launch date. There has yet been no confirmed release date for the free drow race.

. . . . . Again, to restate my previous reply:
    From the Extended FAQ that is stickied:
    What are the specifics surrounding the exclusivity of the Menzoberranzan Renegade Drow that comes with the Hero of the North Pack?

The Menzo-Renegade look, tattoo, racial background, racial ability, and special companion will remain permanently exclusive to Hero of the North Pack purchases. The vanilla, non-Menzoberranzan Renegade Drow race will be unavailable for at least 60 days after release. We are currently planning to do a future update that will allow all players will be able to create a regular Drow character.
    . . . . . Neverwinter Launched on June 20th into Live, so Drow will come sometime after August 19th (20th if you count the 19th itself). There has been no firm release date for the free drow as of yet.
  • Options
    strous1strous1 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yep! 8-20-13 is 60 days after launch. Drow would just need to be added to races because Founders already have them. Just add to Races.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PnP Red Box DM & Player (74 - ?). NWN + SoU + HotU (4-03),
    NWN Diamond Edition, Neverwinter Nights Complete (NWN + NWN2).
  • Options
    shanawdithitshanawdithit Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . .When today the 19th ends and tomorrow the 20th begins, it will then have been 60 days since the game launched on June 20th. As we've said many times, Feywild does not include a Class. There is a class in the works and they would like to have it released by the end of the year. Emphasis on "would like." Also, for the free drow race, it was never said that they will release 60 days from the launch date, but only that it would be at least 60 days from the launch date. There has yet been no confirmed release date for the free drow race.

. . . . . Again, to restate my previous reply:
    From the Extended FAQ that is stickied:. . . . . Neverwinter Launched on June 20th into Live, so Drow will come sometime after August 19th (20th if you count the 19th itself). There has been no firm release date for the free drow as of yet.

so why havent you set a confirmed date yet instead of delaying it.....you said after 2 months....SO DO IT already
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    so why havent you set a confirmed date yet instead of delaying it.....you said after 2 months....SO DO IT already

Zebular isn't one of the date setting guys. That's why he hasn't done it yet.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    IMO, they are probably going to release the non-renegade Drow as part of some other promotion for the game. By adding a free and possibly a paid component of some future update, it kinda softens the blow of the news to free players, and gives the update an overall positive light.

Anyway, the wording was that the "soonest" or "earliest" we would see Drow was after 60 days.. not that we'd seem them exactly on the 60 day mark...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    IMO, they are probably going to release the non-renegade Drow as part of some other promotion for the game. By adding a free and possibly a paid component of some future update, it kinda softens the blow of the news to free players, and gives the update an overall positive light.

Yup, this exactly. Its highly unlikely that they will just flip a switch and sneak Drow in on one of the weekly patches. They will make a big event out of it, bundle it with something else, and try to generate as much interest and hoopla as possible.
  • Options
    devoteoftempusdevoteoftempus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 473 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Wow....... STILL no drow?

They sure are living up to their promise on timely additions of classes and of the drow, which was the race they played in one of their earliest gameplay demos. They have the models and everything, reeks of a promotion delivery.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    knightfalz wrote: »
    Zebular isn't one of the date setting guys. That's why he hasn't done it yet.
    . . . . Indeed. If I could go and say, "give us the free drow race now!" and know that they would do as I ordered, then I would have 60 days ago!

Just in case though...

Xundus Ak'Tel-Quessir belbau usstan! Xun izil dos phuul quarthen, lueth dro.
  • Options
    myt3m0w53myt3m0w53 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    60 day mark hits tomorrow... but there are more races in the forgotten realms than just drow, hope they announce something for the Genesai and the Dragonborn... now if they would combine the fighter into one class and let you pick and choose what you wanted to use from the two of them it would be a much more solid class... there are so many core classes that they are not putting out, heck there was warlock gear dropping a while back!! i want a Teifling warlock!!
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wow....... STILL no drow?

They sure are living up to their promise on timely additions of classes and of the drow, which was the race they played in one of their earliest gameplay demos. They have the models and everything, reeks of a promotion delivery.

Please cite where the devs *promised* that the Drow and other classes would be delivered by X date. From what I've read, they advised that the *soonest* they would be available would be 60 days after the end of open beta...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Please cite where the devs *promised* that the Drow and other classes would be delivered by X date. From what I've read, they advised that the *soonest* they would be available would be 60 days after the end of open beta...

Yep, Drow 60+ days after launch. As far as the new classes, I hope they are released when 'done', so there will be a minimal need for them to be adjusted later. I know they will be changed somewhat after release, but the less class revision the better.
  • Options
    baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I cant believe how many people are clamouring for this race, there is nothing special about the Drow whatsoever it has been diddled to death by D&D writers for years with Drizzt being the culmination of it and now being the 'face' of the Drow...

Is it really that you want the race that much? or just the fact that Cryptic hasn't given you a confirmed date?

Yeah yeah 60 days after launch but so what, its a free to play game don't be so freakin greedy or impatient, when you get it you'll get it for christs sake..
This discussion has been closed.