What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Changes to Foundry profanity filter?

15678911»

Comments

• komatakiakomatakia Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    rogu3ish wrote: »
    What I could never get away with, though, is letting a customer sit for 5 days with no feedback regarding a problem.

Now, think. Do you use a forum for customer support?
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    I don't think people are mad at it not being fixed (Well, there are people that are mad at that), they're mad that there was silence for days

The developers were at home. Not working.
    As soon as they came in Monday morning we asked. They answered within minutes.
    Unfortunately the weekends will tend to be on the slower end for response time.

It's basically the same as the internet having issues 5 PM on a Friday and then getting upset that they won't fix the issue until 3 PM on Monday. I've been there. It sucks. But that's simply how the industry is.

If you notice Zeb's first post was 11 PM PDT Friday Night. Mine was shortly after. We're on the forums a lot and we didn't notice this thread until that point in time so not for one second did Cryptic ignore you.

Instead of simply being irritated by "poor service" learn from this experience. If there seems to be a bug that you are all so passionate about you're willing to carry pitchforks and torches send the Community Moderators a PM to direct our attention to it. That's what we're here for. We can't promise anything but we are here to help and could have gotten the answer before the weekend.

We are only human. There's a lot of threads and things will get missed from time to time. Let us know if you think something is crucially important to investigate as we can pass it along if it is important. :)
  • narayansinghnarayansingh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013

It's basically the same as the internet having issues 5 PM on a Friday and then getting upset that they won't fix the issue until 3 PM on Monday. I've been there. It sucks. But that's simply how the industry is.

If you notice Zeb's first post was 11 PM PDT Friday Night. Mine was shortly after. We're on the forums a lot and we didn't notice this thread until that point in time so not for one second did Cryptic ignore you.

Instead of simply being irritated by "poor service" learn from this experience. If there seems to be a bug that you are all so passionate about you're willing to carry pitchforks and torches send the Community Moderators a PM to direct our attention to it. That's what we're here for. We can't promise anything but we are here to help and could have gotten the answer before the weekend.

We are only human. There's a lot of threads and things will get missed from time to time. Let us know if you think something is crucially important to investigate as we can pass it along if it is important. :)

Seriously? The first post on this thread was thursday morning. (according to the time stamp) And you are telling us no one noticed the thread until late friday night? WoW!

Narayan
    Sweet Water and Light Laughter Till Next We Meet.
    Narayan
  • rokoilrokoil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My trickster just reached lvl 60 and the automated message in my mail box from cryptic has at least one censored word in it. im sure this nonsense will be addressed soon.
  • redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Erm, really?

Cryptic are offering a dynamic product, across every global time-zone and on every continent.

If they haven't already got 24/7 Customer Service, and Dev cover in place then they are failing to deliver even the minimum standard of service required for the product they are offering.

But, most important of all, this:
    Seriously? The first post on this thread was thursday morning. (according to the time stamp) And you are telling us no one noticed the thread until late friday night? WoW!

Narayan

So no one at all from Cryptic Staff to Community Volunteers noticed this thread in close to 2 days?

Well that really does tell us how much care or thought is given to the Foundry, doesn't it.

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    There was a bug report thread Thursday morning, too. ( http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?446391-Your-profanity-filter-in-Foundry-is-broke )

I suppose you could argue random threads in Foundry subforum are easy to overlook (despite there being a bunch of them), but... nobody checks bug threads in a timely manner?
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • rokoilrokoil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I have whittled the dialogue down to : Boss: " Fight my minions" response "OK" STILL profane??????? I even tried, Boss: "this is the end" response: " no" STILL profane
    I have tried changing boss' name, stripped ALL relevant dialogue down to : Boss "Hi" response: "hello" STILL profane
    edited August 2013
    What a JOKE! My pre-transformation boss was named "Master Taltos" after changing his name, the dialogue is acceptable.
  • moonchipzmoonchipz Member Posts: 96
    edited August 2013
    In hindsight, it probably would have been a good idea to post this on the bug report forums. lol
    edited August 2013
    It WAS. I just linked it.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?446391-Your-profanity-filter-in-Foundry-is-broke

It was posted Thursday at 10:21 am server time.

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • koboldbard2koboldbard2 Banned Users Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    zahinder wrote: »
    It WAS. I just linked it.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?446391-Your-profanity-filter-in-Foundry-is-broke

It was posted Thursday at 10:21 am server time.
    I'd like to point out that the exploit that caused them to pull the servers down 30 minutes after launching Fury of the Feywild was reported in the preview server bug reporting forum, a week ago. http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?448281-Lockbox-bug
  • raphaeldisantoraphaeldisanto Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    rokoil wrote: »
    This is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I have whittled the dialogue down to : Boss: " Fight my minions" response "OK" STILL profane??????? I even tried, Boss: "this is the end" response: " no" STILL profane
    I have tried changing boss' name, stripped ALL relevant dialogue down to : Boss "Hi" response: "hello" STILL profane

You shouldn't have to experiment like that. The Foundry will tell you exactly what's wrong, whether it's a name or a dialogue line or whatever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • koboldbard2koboldbard2 Banned Users Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    You shouldn't have to experiment like that. The Foundry will tell you exactly what's wrong, whether it's a name or a dialogue line or whatever.
    It doesn't always do that, as reported in this thread.
    edited August 2013
    I'd like to point out that the exploit that caused them to pull the servers down 30 minutes after launching Fury of the Feywild was reported in the preview server bug reporting forum, a week ago. http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?448281-Lockbox-bug

Yeah. Cryptic is absolutely terrible about noticing bugs reported in test. (And I'm not being mean or hysterical or anything... there is a very long history of Cryptic rolling out stuff with bugs pointed out in test in all their games. It's actually rare that anything reported in test is actually fixed, and I'm not sure many devs are even aware of PTS forums)

• ghestapwghestapw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just curious... did this 'bug' get fixed in today's patch?
    Rhev@ghestapw - Co-GL <iTyrant> - ityrantguild.com - Beholder server
    Try out my first foundry mission - The Missing Youth - NW-DGX79EG65