test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Salvage, Dungeon Event Chests, and AD Updates!

Comments

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The bottom has dropped right out of the market for enchantments up through rank 8. They don't currently cost anything near what they used to, and the undercutting is still chugging along strongly. Some of the prices are as little as half what they were, and considering you only need preservation wards to make up to rank 8, this is an excellent market for people who are looking for enchantments to actually use them. (It's terrible for sellers. :p)

You want to start with rank 6 and use pres wards. They're not really worth using on the 5s because of the low cost of the pieces, but you can blow a lot with failures. Starting from 6 means somebody already ate that whole tier of risk, and the pieces are still really cheap, as are pres wards (just exchange some AD for Zen and buy them). Tuck yourself into a corner where nothing will bump or disrupt you on your fuses and if you look to be getting a bad failure streak, relog.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    kouroumbelokouroumbelo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ok lets say i want to enchant my offence slots with dark enchantments.

I start buy rank 6's. 1 rank 7 =4 x rank 6 's =115k AD (without pres ward cost and without fail).
    so for a rank 8 i would need 480k AD (without counting pres cost or fails).

I got 7 offence slots so thats 3.3 million AD ~~ around.Thats not so easy or cheap.
    And with new changes i need to get that 3.3 million AD just from boss drops and daily refine cap lol.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Why buy them when they are pretty easy to just loot just by doing other things. I get a ton just by doing daily foundries. Ive yet to buy any enhancements other then a few low ranking 1s and 2s. Just to help round up some of the trash. And I have enough rank 7s to fully slot two characters.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    well 1000 rank 1 ->>250 rank 2----> 62~~ rank 3 ---> 16~~~rank 4 ---> 4 rank 5 ----> 1 rank 6~ (thats with rounded up the number and providing u not fail at all...)

Lets say u farm at dailies rank 3's and rank 4's.How many can u farm and how much time it take u o.o?

There are 10 enchant slots (not counting companion) and u tell me u do this just by daily foundries?

1 rank 7 = 4 rank 6=16 rank 5 = 64 rank 4 = 256 rank 3's.

so 10 rank 7's are 640 rank 4's or 2560 rank 3's.

And that is providing u NEVER failed.....
    How long does it take u to farm all these and how many of these can u drop in just 4 daily foundry quests?(and still u cant tell me the mobs drop only the enchants u need...)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Level 60 foundries will only drop rank 4s. So no worries about getting 3s. A set of 4 missions will give me an average of 10 to 15 enchants. They can add up quick.

In addition ive pretty much kept and fused every enchant ive looted over the course of leveling my characters. After leveling 4 to 60 I can proudly say that Im close to having full stacks of 99 rank 6s of each type. Even accounting for a 50% failure rate. That should get me 10 of each rank 7, or 40 total. Not bad for just leveling normally, being sure to loot and keep everything, and never passing up a chest or skill node.
  • Options
    jarlsburgjarlsburg Member Posts: 222 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    In addition ive pretty much kept and fused every enchant ive looted over the course of leveling my characters. After leveling 4 to 60 I can proudly say that Im close to having full stacks of 99 rank 6s of each type. Even accounting for a 50% failure rate. That should get me 10 of each rank 7, or 40 total. Not bad for just leveling normally, being sure to loot and keep everything, and never passing up a chest or skill node.

Wow you really got lucky. I leveled 5 characters to 60 and kept all of the enchants that dropped and I don't even have enough to make a stack of 99 rank 5. If I added them ALL together (including runes) I would maybe have about 200 rank 5. I hit every skill node I found and completed all of the areas. I did not spend much time in the foundry or in dungeons. Maybe that is where the HUGE difference comes from.
  • Options
    neutron101neutron101 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What makes me laugh is the adjustments to the classes is for PvP. I mean seriously, the PvP in this game isn't even fun. All you do is run around in a arena and kill. I stopped going into the que at about level 35 because all it was was a "I kill you, you kill me" back and forth fight. Not even fun in my opinion. PvP needs to be in a huge zone or something where you actually have to look for someone to kill not have them standing there waiting for you to murder lol. This game as it is is mostly PvE. The arena style fighting is almost as bad as DDO's bar room brawl areas lol. I just don't understand why the emphasis is on the PvP when the PvP in this is such as it is.
  • Options
    faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    All good news and good things to hear however 10% cost reduction isn't going to cut it. Try something more like 50 or 60%. Its pointless to remove an enchantment when buying a rank 7 is cheaper than unslotting a rank 3. HAH. Mount Training Tome cost anyone? That needs to be on the list of reductions too...You're going in the right direction and thats great, but not enough in the right direction.

yes and the upcoming companion upgrade prices are also waaaaaaaay too high to be worth the cost.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    schulz87schulz87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    how much AD you get from salvaging T1 or T2 gear btw? maybe its not that low of an AD?
  • Options
    usernumber999usernumber999 Member Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    3-10k per piece
    3k for accessories of any kind
    10k for t2 chest, t2 wep
    4k t1 set piece
    8k t2 setpiece
    6k drake items

wont take long at all to hit that 24k daily AD cap... and if you have leadership maxed... well you wont be visiting the salvager all that often

heres what you do. get extra char slots all on same account and make level 11 alts(so can pray and leadership craft)... send any non bound gear drops to them for exchange with salvager. in theory, you can make 24k AD per day per character by salvaging... depending on your farming prowess :)
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Nobody likes to have their shiny rewards taken away but the drops were too common and it drove the prices of items into the pits. The Dungeon Delve Chest was too rewarding. Period.

Reducing the amount of drops which go onto the market will improve the game economy and by default the dungeon rewards as a whole. Furthermore it drastically reduced the DD Event "Requirement" because the main source of AD will now come from boss drops rather than chest drops.

It opens up issues such as needing on items because some jerk thinks because he "needs AD" he should "need" on the loot but that's something which can be addressed either by party leaders or preferably addressed by Cryptic.

EDIT - And do read the posts again. Most of the comments are actually not negative. :)
    And those that are negative are not entirely logically concluded. You're free to your opinions but anything which states this change is only to increase Zen Sales and such is so horribly wrong it's just...no. :p

Your reasoning continues to be flawed. With a whole let less AD in the system (and thereby less in players pockets), players will not be able to afford to buy the elevated prices that you think boss drops will garner (unless, of course they buy zen). Furthermore, players have a 66% increased chance of getting the setpiece of the variety they desire. This also will decrease demand. Additionally with only a 20% chance of winning boss drop at best (assuming all greed (unlikely)) and quite potentially a 0% chance (because frequently bosses dont drop any set piece) the time vs reward chance is hardly worth it.

Elevate the prices all you want, people cannot pay what they dont have. It's not about making items worth more, its about flushing AD out of the system, which only benefits cryptic.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    . . . . . I'm actually spending less AD now than I did in the early levels. Why? Because things are way too expensive for my tastes. So, for me, less AD costs mean I will spend more in the long run. Higher costs mean I will spend less over-all. Needless to say, I am greatly looking forward to the AD price reduction on things and hope to see this trend continue.
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . I'm actually spending less AD now than I did in the early levels. Why? Because things are way too expensive for my tastes. So, for me, less AD costs mean I will spend more in the long run. Higher costs mean I will spend less over-all. Needless to say, I am greatly looking forward to the AD price reduction on things and hope to see this trend continue.

Not seeing a 10% reduction in price as large enough to make me want to run out and buy anything. Disappointed mount upgrades weren't on that list. But I am also hoping the trend continues.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    ...whole lot less AD in the system...

That's why I am confident you are inaccurately predicting the outcome of this change.
    The number of AD in the system is directly based on how much AD Cryptic gives us. Users do not generate AD simply by throwing items on the Auction House. The Auction House only transfers AD from one user to another.

The Salvager and new daily tasks, on the other hand, will raise the amount of Astral Diamonds which actually do come into the system since players, by in large, rarely actually peaked on AD. When you decrease supply and increase the possibly amount of currency a player has the prices will go up.

Come back to me in a month if I am wrong. I'd bet anything I'm not. I've been down this road before both on a development side and on a player side. :p
  • Options
    orlicelorlicel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hi, I just want to say I don't like changes about DD chests very much. It could be fine for me IF bosses usually drop something useful. But from 75% they drop belt or necklace which means nothing. And it is really nice I can choose whatever set from the chest but I don't want because I already have one. I also don't need more ADs from salvage trader, because with level 20 leadership and some PvP or GG dailies I can hit 24k almost every day. So raising the chance of good drops from bosses could be nice solution for me.
  • Options
    jay0011jay0011 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    about the Salvage Trader :what about if your purple level 60 equipment got Enchantments on it .. does the salvage trader separate the enchants from being destroyed or it will be destroyed along the equipment?..because its pain in the *** to unbind all the enchant items if i have 100 pcs. of equipment's with full of enchantments. it doesn't make sense if the enchants are going to be destroyed..because most players put enchantments on purple items.. and expensive enchants are expensive to unbind too... system unbind should be free in this case or if the salvage trader will be temporary it should be at least free from unbinding the enchants ..
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    From screen caps of the salvager interface, enchantments that aren't removed will be destroyed.

Why on earth would you be salvaging 100 pieces of equipment with enchantments slotted? If they're enchantments slotted with the intention that you'd be upgrading the equipment, then using higher rank ones was wasteful anyway. And if you only used lower rank ones, destroying them (or previously, vendoring the item with them still slotted) was no big deal since the enchantments would cost more to unbind than replace.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    The number of AD in the system is directly based on how much AD Cryptic gives us. Users do not generate AD simply by throwing items on the Auction House. The Auction House from one user to another.

The Salvager and new daily tasks, on the other hand, will raise the amount of Astral Diamonds which actually do come into the system since players, by in large, rarely actually peaked on AD.

You're failing to make the distinction between rough and refined AD

It only raises the amount of rough AD put into the system, which is capped at 24k per day. That's an inherent limitation to player income that was not there when items could be sold on AH for refined AD. If the salvager paid in refined AD then you would perhaps be correct.

Historically, i've been generating 1.5-2 million refined AD per week (all from DD (and no castle never weps)). There is no way i will even come close to that under the new system... so you see i will have far less AD, as will all level 60 players who ran DD for auction house sales.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Yes,some people not understand Rough AD not AD....

They keep insisting that ppl's AD income will rise,when it will decline by alot...

A simple example.

Lets say u play game for a week and u manage to farm 240 drake seals,25k Glory,and 140 GG coins~

that would be :
    1) 33k-45k AD from drake seals
    2) 180k AD from GG mb more depending what u sell
    3)and around 30k AD mb more from glory selling...(and u can farm more glory depending on time)

so thats 275k AD less per week (and that is easy to farm but calculated with some1 that dont have much time to play)

Now lets say i dont cap my rough AD per day.4 domination matches+GG dailies+foundry =1h 10mins~~ of play to complete and give u 13k rough AD.If u add invoke in as well u should be at around 15k-17k rough AD (considering u do 0 leadership tasks etc)
    So i gain through salvage 7k rough AD thats 49k AD extra per week compare this to the 275k AD i will make less.

And thats without calculating DD box.

Considering chances of getting a boss drop will be same as now,i loose all DD items i would sell that would make my income be anywhere from 200k-1kk less AD than b4 considering my luck on DD box.

Considering average luck u might not even get 1 boss drop that would sell for alot AD (or u might not even get a single one) 1 week etc...

So yea i really hope even completely trash sets and items boss drops start cost 100k AD +++ to make up for what i loose.
  • Options
    badpanda69badpanda69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013

They keep insisting that ppl's AD income will rise,when it will decline by alot...

Your average player will probably see a big increase in there AD revenue not every one games the system.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    badpanda69 wrote: »
    Your average player will probably see a big increase in there AD revenue not every one games the system.

Quite correct.

The amount of new AD coming into the game economy each day will increase so it is those people who used to be able to earn huge amount of AD from exploiting, err speed running of dungeons that will now have a much harder time....
  • Options
    jarlsburgjarlsburg Member Posts: 222 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013

Apparently a lot of people are not hitting the Rough AD cap right now. I don't know how they are falling so short. I have 2 mules in their low 30's that only run leadership tasks using green man at arms in 5 slots and they always end up getting at least 1/2 of the cap. If they were lvl 60 they would have another slot open and 2 daily quests would top them off every day. At level 20 leadership they would come pretty close to hitting the cap without daily quests and if I opened all their slots they would go over the cap with ease by doing one daily occasionally.

I have said it before and I will say it again....All this did was create ANOTHER way to hit the cap. The salvager is a great idea, but only if equipment stays BOE like it is now. Adding the salvager and making almost everything BOP does not generate any additional income for players, it just takes away the average player's ability to make any AD from a dungeon run.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Sorry for double post in advance.
    But i would like an answer with some solid argument.

''A simple example.

Lets say u play game for a week and u manage to farm 240 drake seals,25k Glory,and 140 GG coins~

that would be :
    1) 33k-45k AD from drake seals
    2) 180k AD from GG mb more depending what u sell
    3)and around 30k AD mb more from glory selling...(and u can farm more glory depending on time)

so thats 275k AD less per week (and that is easy to farm but calculated with some1 that dont have much time to play)

Now lets say i dont cap my rough AD per day.4 domination matches+GG dailies+foundry =1h 10mins~~ of play to complete and give u 13k rough AD.If u add invoke in as well u should be at around 15k-17k rough AD (considering u do 0 leadership tasks etc)
    So i gain through salvage 7k rough AD thats 49k AD extra per week compare this to the 275k AD i will make less.

And thats without calculating DD box.

Considering chances of getting a boss drop will be same as now,i loose all DD items i would sell that would make my income be anywhere from 200k-1kk less AD than b4 considering my luck on DD box.

Considering average luck u might not even get 1 boss drop that would sell for alot AD (or u might not even get a single one) 1 week etc...

So yea i really hope even completely trash sets and items boss drops start cost 100k AD +++ to make up for what i loose.''

Even not counting DD box drops i still loose huge amount of AD per week.
    This doesnt have to do with speed runs or exploiting.
    And the average player will only gain 7k AD per day (considering he do 0 leadership tasks).

Anyone with a solid argument can answer plz?
    Why will i gain more AD?
  • Options
    badpanda69badpanda69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You're failing to make the distinction between rough and refined AD

It only raises the amount of rough AD put into the system, which is capped at 24k per day. That's an inherent limitation to player income that was not there when items could be sold on AH for refined AD. If the salvager paid in refined AD then you would perhaps be correct.

Historically, i've been generating 1.5-2 million refined AD per week (all from DD (and no castle never weps)). There is no way i will even come close to that under the new system... so you see i will have far less AD, as will all level 60 players who ran DD for auction house sales.

Hate to break it to you but your wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by ambisinisterr View Post
    The number of AD in the system is directly based on how much AD Cryptic gives us. Users do not generate AD simply by throwing items on the Auction House. The Auction House from one user to another.

The Salvager and new daily tasks, on the other hand, will raise the amount of Astral Diamonds which actually do come into the system since players, by in large, rarely actually peaked on AD.

This statement is correct. The amount of rough you can earn is not capped but the amount that you can convert is capped at 24k. Your income will be a lot lower but thats because you have found a way to game the system now imagine if every one in the game did this and nothing was done about it this game would be very quickly shuttered as it would not be bringing in any income.

I for one wouldn't want to see that happen and this is probably one of the reasons why they have implemented this. Thing is it could of been much worse they could of said that DD speed runs are exploits and put a system in place to stop this they could of just made DD chest items BOP and not added a salvager so all in all its not as bad as some people are making out.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jarlsburg wrote: »
    Apparently a lot of people are not hitting the Rough AD cap right now. I don't know how they are falling so short.

Because a lot of the casual players haven't maxed, or even got high level leadership yet. From what you have said I am guessing both those toons are at level 20 leadership already, which can make around 12K AD per day I think?

P.s.

How has everyone else posting on these forums got level 20 Leadership before me - I am still only 19.5 :(
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Apparently a lot of people are not hitting the Rough AD cap right now. I don't know how they are falling so short. I have 2 mules in their low 30's that only run leadership tasks using green man at arms in 5 slots and they always end up getting at least 1/2 of the cap. If they were lvl 60 they would have another slot open and 2 daily quests would top them off every day. At level 20 leadership they would come pretty close to hitting the cap without daily quests and if I opened all their slots they would go over the cap with ease.

/shrug

My Leadership alts, mid-30s to mid-50's, between crafting and invoking, were doing around 8-10k a day, on 5 crafting slots. My lv60 main, six crafting slots, could maybe clear 10-12+. Only time I ever maxed out was during double AD. Oh, and none of them are lv20 leadership. Main just hit 19, the others are all in the mid teens. Most of the alts don't have any men-at-arms, either. Just white workers.

As for dailies, haven't bothered with them in months - waaaaay too much time spent for too little payout.

(Admittedly, that perception may be because I'm spoiled by Star Trek - where if you know what you're doing, you can max out the daily 8k refining limit in under an hour. Heck, running five characters through the Dilithium Mining daily during the hour event, I can clear 15k between them. So having to grind my way through an hour or two of foundry or dungeons, for 3k AD? No thanks.)

Only auctioning I do is selling off 8x Celestial Coin enchant box every 7 days. And the periodic green/blue asset from the times I've gotten lucky on Doomguard's Duty, or try buying a profession pack.
  • Options
    fallout1111fallout1111 Member Posts: 71
    edited August 2013
    Apparently a lot of people are not hitting the Rough AD cap right now. I don't know how they are falling so short. I have 2 mules in their low 30's that only run leadership tasks using green man at arms in 5 slots and they always end up getting at least 1/2 of the cap. If they were lvl 60 they would have another slot open and 2 daily quests would top them off every day. At level 20 leadership they would come pretty close to hitting the cap without daily quests and if I opened all their slots they would go over the cap with ease by doing one daily occasionally.

Mule accounts are technically a violation of NW's Terms of Service agreement. So keep it on the DL.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Mule accounts are technically a violation of NW's Terms of Service agreement. So keep it on the DL.

Mules doesn't necessarily mean other accounts. I've got two "mules" on my only account, among my 8 total character slots - one for enchants, one for runes. For example.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    With leadership at level 20 it's not too hard to hit the 24k cap, it's even easier if that is your only character, but I have 5 so that's good :D.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

I have said it before and I will say it again....All this did was create ANOTHER way to hit the cap. The salvager is a great idea, but only if equipment stays BOE like it is now. Adding the salvager and making almost everything BOP does not generate any additional income for players, it just takes away the average player's ability to make any AD from a dungeon run.

Wow, you really got lucky. I don't come anywhere near the daily cap. I farm foundry dailies like a fiend just to make any AD. This is with 4 characters invoking 3 times per day religiously. (pun intended). Granted, my highest level leadership is still 18, slowly working to 20. But i've not been able to justify spending the little AD I have on better quality assets. Perhaps, that explains the HUGE difference.