test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Salvage, Dungeon Event Chests, and AD Updates!

Comments

• danielztdanielzt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I've seen this question being put forward several times but no one seemed to have answered that.
    Will the unbound T1/T2 sets in our backpacks become BoP?
    Thank you in advance for your answer.
  • usernumber999usernumber999 Member Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    danielzt wrote: »
    I've seen this question being put forward several times but no one seemed to have answered that.

based on the previous time they tried to beat this dead horse, no.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    danielzt wrote: »

No one since the only person who can answer this are devs or eventually people who found 4 other well geared players in the barren test shard who actually met for an hour to test it out.
  • danielztdanielzt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    really don't think you need 5 ppl to test that, simply logging on will suffice
  • bpskibbenheimsbpskibbenheims Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Good changes going forward. I think most people understand these changes are needed, but people are having a knee jerk reaction to losing their DD farms. Had things been this way from day one it would have been much better for the endgame economy. As it stands now there's going to be a lot of turbulence and some growing pains.
    "Confusion is the T-Rex of tire faucets."
    -Sir Bartholomew P. Skibbenheims III, Esquire, Twice Removed

steam.php?id=BPSkibbenheims&pngimg=http:%@^%@^www.backfiregaming.net%@^bartswap%@^bartsig.png&tborder=1
    edited August 2013
    I keep seeing people post about problems with the economy, but no one defines what those problems are. Cryptic isn't trying to "fix" the economy, they are trying to flush the AD from it to increase their Zen sales.

Running DD is my avenue for participating in the economy (my path to enjoying the game). That being taken away is a problem,
  • genfaulgenfaul Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    BOTS are destroying our economy. I think everyone saw at the auction stacks of runes (99), and this has been going on for over a month.
  • mrsmonmrsmon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    can you make it that ANY epic gear is salvageable? please? :3
  • hifixhifix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So what are the rates of salvage?
  • sekhmetscorpiosekhmetscorpio Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    All good news and good things to hear however 10% cost reduction isn't going to cut it. Try something more like 50 or 60%. Its pointless to remove an enchantment when buying a rank 7 is cheaper than unslotting a rank 3. HAH. Mount Training Tome cost anyone? That needs to be on the list of reductions too...You're going in the right direction and thats great, but not enough in the right direction.
  • dadeathwish79dadeathwish79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i think its kinda a extremely low price to get back for the salvager. 10k for valiant sword and 6k for ring of himir(cant remember how its spelled) think should be a little more maybe like 20k but also too where your doing this now might be good idea to increase the daily max of what you can refine
  • kingculexkingculex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Based on Star Trek Online? Nah. Refining cap there has been 8k forever, but there's vastly more daily sources of unrefined dilithium.

More sources of rough AD is for the people who aren't capping the 24k, not for the people who routinely do. (Well, or to give people who do cap, the opportunity to do different things each day, instead of the same grind.)

...personally, I've no idea how people are capping AD, let alone building up extra. Even on my char who has lv18-19 leadership, I've only capped during the double-AD event.

Let me explain how I cap AD on a regularly basis.

I tend to do about 25k-30k Rough Astral Diamonds. I do this by doing Foundry Daily, PVP Daily, Gauntlgrym PVE Daily, Gauntlgrym PVP, and Leadership. The dailies equal 12k when finished. The way I do the rest with leadership is that I have collected 5 heros and 4 adventures. The heros and adventures cut the time of tasks by 50%. This means LVL 20 Leadship: Destroy Enemy Camp takes about about 7 hours to complete. Running 3 LVL 20 Leadship: Destroy Enemy Camp (1600 Rough AD) x 3 times a day times a day = 14400 Rough AD This means Dailies + LVL 20 Leadship: Destroy Enemy Camp = 26400 Rough AD alone. Using the gateway to do professions on my cellphone is easy to do.

I saved my AD up to purchase the heroes and adventures which is easy to do actually. I also converted some into Zen for enchanted keys which I used to unlock lock boxes that gave me a few adventures.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • spanky2014spanky2014 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 78
    edited August 2013
    kingculex wrote: »
    Let me explain how I cap AD on a regularly basis.

I tend to do about 25k-30k Rough Astral Diamonds. I do this by doing Foundry Daily, PVP Daily, Gauntlgrym PVE Daily, Gauntlgrym PVP, and Leadership. The dailies equal 12k when finished. The way I do the rest with leadership is that I have collected 5 heros and 4 adventures. The heros and adventures cut the time of tasks by 50%. This means LVL 20 Leadship: Destroy Enemy Camp takes about about 7 hours to complete. Running 3 LVL 20 Leadship: Destroy Enemy Camp (1600 Rough AD) x 3 times a day times a day = 14400 Rough AD This means Dailies + LVL 20 Leadship: Destroy Enemy Camp = 26400 Rough AD alone. Using the gateway to do professions on my cellphone is easy to do.

I saved my AD up to purchase the heroes and adventures which is easy to do actually. I also converted some into Zen for enchanted keys which I used to unlock lock boxes that gave me a few adventures.

And the time taken to do all your dailies? I would say about 4 hours. Yes leadership can give you AD for "free" essentially, but that is a huge investment nearly 2M AD? What for? 12k AD a day... do the maths and see when you see actual return on your investment.

Also I doubt you can max 24k for say 3 or 4 of your characters, assuming you have more than one which most people do even if they are not level 60. And if you do, thats probably like playing for 12 hrs a day.

That being said, I do agree that the max refineable AD should be increased to say 30k. Why? Because people like you have invested 2M AD into assets that will be worthless!!! You do 1 DD a day, and you are bound to find gear to salvage for 20k and this is assuming you only win 1 purple item from a boss. You can do the daily pvp domination and you will be maxed out for sure!!!!

Those motivated enough will make accounts to refine the "AD" to circumvent the 24k max anyways. Heck I know I will if it gets maxed out so easily.
    edited August 2013
    spanky2014 wrote: »
    And the time taken to do all your dailies? I would say about 4 hours. Yes leadership can give you AD for "free" essentially, but that is a huge investment nearly 2M AD? What for? 12k AD a day... do the maths and see when you see actual return on your investment.

Also I doubt you can max 24k for say 3 or 4 of your characters, assuming you have more than one which most people do even if they are not level 60. And if you do, thats probably like playing for 12 hrs a day.

That being said, I do agree that the max refineable AD should be increased to say 30k. Why? Because people like you have invested 2M AD into assets that will be worthless!!! You do 1 DD a day, and you are bound to find gear to salvage for 20k and this is assuming you only win 1 purple item from a boss. You can do the daily pvp domination and you will be maxed out for sure!!!!

Those motivated enough will make accounts to refine the "AD" to circumvent the 24k max anyways. Heck I know I will if it gets maxed out so easily.

Well, tough if you do not like the way I hit the AD Refine cap easily each day on my main character.

I was explaining to kiralyn how I hit the cap on my main character each day. Yes, it will be a while to get a return on the heros but it provides a steady stream of Rough AD with little effort each day. I do more than just LVL 20 Leadship: Destroy Enemy Camp in Leadership which means I make even more AD. Leadership + Gateway = 5 minutes x 3 times a day = 15 minutes. I also do dungeon runs occasionally when I have time and sell the stuff in the AH for refined AD. The foundry daily takes 1 hour running four 15 minute foundries. The PVP Domination daily about 20 to 30 minutes. The gauntlgrym dailies, which I skip most of the time because of the stupid set schedule, about 30 minutes because you can enter the PVE portion with only a few minutes left on the clock and kill something to get the daily. So that means 2 hours not 4 hours. The assets are not worthless because they provide a steady stream of Rough AD with very little effort. Oh, the 24k limit is per character not per account. This means you can have multiple characters on the same account refine AD up to the 24k max per character. I have not got my other characters up to lvl 20 leadership yet. I will in a few days after I unlock all of the Profession slots. I currently use my other characters to grind profession materials to sell in the AH. Dailies + Leadership = 2 hours 15 minutes to make over 24k Rough AD.

The reason to increase the refine amount is not because of people like me. The reason is the Salvage Trader who gives 5k - 10k Rough Astral Diamonds per salvaged piece of gear. It is only logical to increase the cap if the devs continue on the bound on pick up or bound on purchase approach with Dungeon Delve chests, items bought with glory, and items bought with seals. The bound on purchase approach and the cannot sell for gold approach basically makes Glory worthless. The bound on purchase approach makes the seals you pick up in the dungeons even more worthless. The cap per character when it comes to Glory is 25k. The devs should at least make the stuff bound per account instead of character if it is possible. An increase to the Refinement level of Rough AD will not be needed then.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • spanky2014spanky2014 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 78
    edited August 2013
    kingculex wrote: »
    Well, tough if you do not like the way I hit the AD Refine cap easily each day on my main character.

I honestly have no problems with how or anyone earns their AD. I'm just stating there is quite time invested into getting cap. And I'm not disagreeing with you in anyway. I believe the AD cap should be raised because now it will be so easy to reach cap. Lucky rolls in a DD dungeon run and you are maxed. As it standards you can earn 1,000 AD per hr. Raise this to 1,500 maybe even 2,000!!
    edited August 2013
    spanky2014 wrote: »
    I honestly have no problems with how or anyone earns their AD. I'm just stating there is quite time invested into getting cap. And I'm not disagreeing with you in anyway. I believe the AD cap should be raised because now it will be so easy to reach cap. Lucky rolls in a DD dungeon run and you are maxed. As it standards you can earn 1,000 AD per hr. Raise this to 1,500 maybe even 2,000!!

Only items from the DD chest will be bound on pickup it seems when it comes to DD. You are correct it will much more easier for people to reach the cap with more sources of Rough AD being put into the game. As it is right now on the preview shard the salvage broker gives 10k for EPIC Lvl 60 armor and 5k-8k for the other pieces of gear. I tested this with PVP gear and Sinister Shade gear on the preview shard.

I'll simply move the leadership portion to an alt character once some of this stuff goes live and all the slots are unlocked on my main character. The 2M diamond investment in leadership is already turning a profit because dungeon runs and the AH allow me to recoup the cost. It would have taken 84 days with the 24k Rough AD per day cap to make 2M again.

If you check my calculations the minimum time invested is 2 hours 15minuts to hit cap for myself. But my Leadership operation can be spread out over my characters. The bound stuff can not be spread out because its bound to character and not account. You are correct if you do the other dailies and dungeon runs you will be able to hit the cap even quicker with this new stuff.

• duthgar1976duthgar1976 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    so on this blue gear at the wonderous bazar a 10% price drop is not very much for something that will only be used to transmute other gear. 2 million AD for chest items = -200k so it will be 1.8 million ad ... wow let me get my check book shesh really? needs a 75% price drop before i would even consider wasting my AD for these items.
    edited August 2013
    so on this blue gear at the wonderous bazar a 10% price drop is not very much for something that will only be used to transmute other gear. 2 million AD for chest items = -200k so it will be 1.8 million ad ... wow let me get my check book shesh really? needs a 75% price drop before i would even consider wasting my AD for these items.

yep. at the daily refine limit it will take you approximately 83 days to get that item...
  • selenethialselenethial Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I think this could be a good idea only if you make some other update:
    1. Fix dungeon exploit. It is crazy that you can finish some of them in 10 minutes
    2. Make trash drops more interesting (AD , couple of zen, tymora bags)
    3. Make pvp items usable just for it
    4. Chest in dungeon should drop also epic enchant and runes or other special items
    5. You should have completed at least twice all t1 before you can join t2

My 2 cents
    Sorry for my poor english I hope it is clear what I mean.
  • yyrkoonstyphoonyyrkoonstyphoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My assumption is they are doing minor tweeks to the new economy because they know (and as someone that ran an NWN1 Persistent world for 6 years) that a small change can have a huge impact on an economy and it is better to error by a small amount than make a larger change and trash the econ in a way that cannot be repaired.

That said, as a few folks have pointed out, a clear indicator of an imbalance is the fact that it is cheaper for me to buy an new armor and new enchantment than it is for me to unbind a considerably lower enchantment. I liked the way DCUO handled this, where i can overwrite a enhancement rather than unbind it, losing the old enchantment. Currently, i mostly bind lower rank enchantment to gear and sell them.
  • pfft2pfft2 Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I liked the way DCUO handled this, where i can overwrite a enhancement rather than unbind it, losing the old enchantment. Currently, i mostly bind lower rank enchantment to gear and sell them.

You can do exactly that in Neverwinter. The UI doesn't necessarily make it obvious, though.
  • digesthisicknessdigesthisickness Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    yep. at the daily refine limit it will take you approximately 83 days to get that item...

Okay, this is ridiculous. Hopefully, the devs will go further than what they're now considering.
  • shunterinoshunterino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My assumption is they are doing minor tweeks to the new economy because they know that a small change can have a huge impact on an economy and it is better to error by a small amount than make a larger change and trash the econ in a way that cannot be repaired.

Shame they aren't so circumspect when it comes to swinging the nerf bat. In fact I would say their approach to making changes in all areas is the exact opposite of what you're suggesting: big changes, no consideration for the consequences!

They probably think they're being quite generous. And they would be if it was 10% off reasonable prices. But they aren't reasonable, they're ridiculous. And 10% off ridiculous is still 90% ridiculous.
  • austing2013austing2013 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    10%? REALLY? Is this a joke?
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The cost of those useless blue items in the bazaar is really, REALLY out of whack with the game's actual economy. I can only imagine that the devs did not anticipate how the market would play out, because 2 million AD for an item with no value beyond transmutation is outrageous. A 90% price nerf bat would be more appropriate in that particular case.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• keltz0rkeltz0r Member Posts: 85
    edited August 2013
    Man BoP items and choosing which set you want from the DD chests is the biggest bull**** patch the devs have come up with so far. The only endgame if you're not some kind of PvP freak or foundry maker is pretty much farming dungeons during DD event, selling the loot you get to get better enchants etc. Now if the rate that the bosses drop t2 set piece in t2 dungeons is say 33%, you would get 1 piece of t2 that you could sell every 15 dungeons or so. That makes CN the only dungeon worth farming and since everyone will do that the price of CN items will crash even more and eventually will not be worth to farm anymore. Edit: Oh and because there is basically 1 "best" t2 set for every class that is way more expensive than the other t2 sets (for TR swash, for DC miracle healer etc.) the chance to get that "best" t2 piece is 1 in 45 runs. Idk about you guys but at least I don't have that kind of patience. That's ridiculous and will cause pretty much every person with endgame gear to quit the game, and based on how easy it is to acquire endgame gear (t2 and ancient weapons and accessories) that's a large chunk of the players still playing this game.

Oh and please don't come and remind me of the bull**** salvage trader that gives 10k AD worth for e.g. a swash helmet that would be 500k on the AH (on beholder). I don't see any way that malabog castle could be good enough to keep people with endgame gear playing for more than a few weeks more. Well if the patch goes live as it is at least I won't be playing this game anymore. /rage off
    No longer playing NW
  • lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Loved the news!
    It makes the exploiters life harder to make milions, and make the life of more casual players a lot better, I have a Guardian Fighter and right now I had more than 20 runs of idris and cragmire and NEVER got the Stalwart Bulwark Chestpiece or Greaves. Of course people will still be able to sell enchantments, shards and boss drops on the AH so anyone will still be able to buy the sets from AH instead of playing the dungeons, and its a nice thing too, just that they will have to do 6 runs to get the same amount of items they can get in one run right now.
  • kouroumbelokouroumbelo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    well i guess like all other F2p games its time for this game to become p2w too?^^

i not understand why ppl say this is better for the economy of the game???mb is better for zen sales??

How u gonna make AD now???how u gonna make enchants in the armor/gear u got so easy in DD??it would take u like a year to put rank 7-8's and vorpal/soulforged and what other stuff u wanna...

gl buy companion as well,6 months mb needed to farm enuf AD for it after patch?
    And these times are for casual players....(some ppl cant be on 24/7,and even if it is easier to get the gear u want is pointless if u gonna need like 1 year ~~ to enchant/buy companion etc....)

F2p Neverwinter>>>>>make harder to get AD>>>>increase zen sales...
    this happen to all f2p anyway sooner or later ;/
    now keep on posting how it will be better for game.
  • kouroumbelokouroumbelo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Check out the Slavager :p

Yeah you can't sell bound items but you can get AD from all of them. Maybe not as much...
    But the items that aren't BoP will become a higher value.

You keep saying that.
    I got 1 question,sorry here i dunno anything about basic economics.

Q; Would you pay for anything you know you can get at a 100% from DD box?

Q2: its obvious that players that dont pay for zen,will make AD much harder than before even if u raise price how long would it take you to sell an item?and again like first question unless u sell it cheap why would anyone buy if they can get it from dd box?

(unless the raid is CN,if someone has finished collecting the gear he need there wont be any reason for him to do raids imo...)
  • pfft2pfft2 Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You keep saying that.
    I got 1 question,sorry here i dunno anything about basic economics.

Q; Would you pay for anything you know you can get at a 100% from DD box?

Why do you assume that we'll obtain desirable items at a 100% rate from the DD chest? If anything, developer commentary suggests the opposite: you'll get a choice of one of three set items when you would have received a set item anyway. Which means, to me, that we'll still see a preponderance of filler items. We may even still see T1 set items show up in T2 chests.

All the developer statement appears to promise is that our already low chance of receiving any particular item will be tripled. It's a big boost to be sure, but there's a world of difference between saying, "Hey guys, your 5% of getting what you want will be increased to 15%," and, "Hey guys, you only ever have to run one of each dungeon to get exactly what you want!!!"
    Q2: its obvious that players that dont pay for zen,will make AD much harder than before even if u raise price how long would it take you to sell an item?and again like first question unless u sell it cheap why would anyone buy if they can get it from dd box?

The AH value of items obtained from bosses will tend to rise because the supply of those items will drop once DD-chest-items become BoP. There will always be some amount of demand for those items, from people who (for whatever reason) would rather buy it now than run dungeons to get it themselves.