test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Wheres the drow?

tykunetykune Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Its been two months since the release of the game, and it is clearly stated that drow will be released two months after launch date.. so where is the drow??
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    tykune wrote: »
    Its been two months since the release of the game, and it is clearly stated that drow will be released <strike>two months</strike> no earlier than 60 days after launch date.. so where is the drow??

fixed.

The drow may be released with the next update or it may not, but the devs have always said no sooner than, never it will be.
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It was always said at least 60 days after launch not out at the 60 day mark
  • Options
    dreadsheparddreadshepard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    rhoric wrote: »
    It was always said at least 60 days after launch not out at the 60 day mark

So what, we just want an update. Also, When are you releasing the next class. Many people care more about that than new content.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.zinzerena.com
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Two-Blade Ranger isn't out yet so why would they release Drow? Drizzt poses would just not be able to fully enjoy...

lol jk Its been quite a while since they mentioned the Drow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    "Mooooooom! Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?"
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So what, we just want an update. Also, When are you releasing the next class. Many people care more about that than new content.

Class - Not with Feywild, but before the end of the year. They did mention during the 24 live stream that we should be getting some details in the next month or 2.
  • Options
    darklock101darklock101 Member Posts: 52
    edited August 2013
    A quick check of the FAQ reveals:
    The Drow race will remain exclusive to Hero of the North pack purchasers for at least 60 days after the game's launch on June 20 (so, August 20 or later), though the specific date regarding when the regular, non-Menzoberranzan Drow will be available has not been announced yet.

So....
    a) It hasn't been 60 days from launch yet. The official launch date was June 20. Between the start of May and June 19 the game was officially in Open Beta, not release. Yes, they were already taking in money, but OFFICIALLY the game had not yet launched.

b) 60 days was always a MINIMUM period of Drow being exclusive to Founders. There has never been any official date announced for the rest of us getting Drow access.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Its odd saying its not 60 days yet since I have over 100 Ardent Coins on characters but we aren't at the mark since "launch".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    Its odd saying its not 60 days yet since I have over 100 Ardent Coins on characters but we aren't at the mark since "launch".

Yeah, 60 days from official launch. The 'open beta' days don't count.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    . . . . . From the Extended FAQ that is stickied:
    What are the specifics surrounding the exclusivity of the Menzoberranzan Renegade Drow that comes with the Hero of the North Pack?

The Menzo-Renegade look, tattoo, racial background, racial ability, and special companion will remain permanently exclusive to Hero of the North Pack purchases. The vanilla, non-Menzoberranzan Renegade Drow race will be unavailable for at least 60 days after release. We are currently planning to do a future update that will allow all players will be able to create a regular Drow character.
    . . . . . Neverwinter Launched on June 20th into Live, so Drow will come sometime after August 19th (20th if you count the 19th itself). There has been no firm release date for the free drow as of yet.
  • Options
    undeadcrabbundeadcrabb Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You know, since cryptic has the Neverwinter Packs stuff going on, I don't think we will see vanilla drow any time soon.
    Folow me on Deviant art! ;)
  • Options
    derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You know, since cryptic has the Neverwinter Packs stuff going on, I don't think we will see vanilla drow any time soon.

Lol they are still selling Hero Of the North supporter packs it's amazing :D
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • Options
    dreadsheparddreadshepard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yep that's when launch was... Lets say, you buy a console game. You install the game and play it for weeks but all along the game reminds you that while you payed for it and play it all the time the game is still just in beta... I'm going to stop talking now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.zinzerena.com
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013

Have to agree with this poster regarding when we will see the drow. I was holding out hope that I would be able to make some type of ranger character as well, but sadly that's not happening either.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    ironmanamericaironmanamerica Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've pretty much stopped logging in to the game, I just keep coming to the forums for any updates on Drow (the one race I wanted to play in the game but not at 200 dollars). Makes me kinda sad to say that, I really had higher hopes for the game when it "Soft" launched but they're fading fast. Not trying to troll or anything, its just how I feel about it.

I was spending 10-15 dollars ever 2 weeks for the first month or month and a half, but I won't spend anymore till I see more from their side (voting with my wallet).
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If the race is already ready, then why are they still making us wait to play it? Is it just to force the people that want to play it now, buy the $200 pack? When you think about it most of their money making techniques/decisions have been genius.;)
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    darkstorn42darkstorn42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So yea, its been 63 days since launch on june 20th.... Still no sign of a new class, or drow being released. I surely do hope that a new class comes soon after Mod 1.
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    There have been many official statements made about the new class release, none of them specific, go read them. Drow release date was "at least 60 days after launch" not on the 60th day after launch, go read those announcements as well. Search is your friend.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    darkstorn42darkstorn42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Woops, I cant count, its been 59. So I guess one more day until we are supposed to have new class info and race info.
  • Options
    ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Last I heard about a new class was "hopefully by the end of the year", but don't get your hopes up, as for the release of the drow, I don't know. They'll be released, when they are released.
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • Options
    echokazulechokazul Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    From the FAQ:

Is there any update on a date for when vanilla drow will be available for all?

The Drow race will remain exclusive to Hero of the North pack purchasers for at least 60 days after the game's launch on June 20 (so, August 20 or later), though the specific date regarding when the regular, non-Menzoberranzan Drow will be available has not been announced yet.

So it's going to be at least Tuesday, but could still be later then that.
    Kyba Fell- Tiefling GF (Main)
    RainFeather- Dragonborn DC
    Rune Fell- Drow CW
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    ceryndrion wrote: »
    Last I heard about a new class was "hopefully by the end of the year", but don't get your hopes up, as for the release of the drow, I don't know. They'll be released, when they are released.

It's ready when its ready. Had bad flashbacks of GW2 for a moment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cgta1967cgta1967 Member Posts: 86
    edited August 2013
    wow....only 63 days,...... and I've given up on this game as a bore fest already ( well honestly weeks ago, since it only takes a week and a half to get to max ).

but hey...who knows....I'm still logging in for 5 minutes each day to invoke and craft leadership.... got 550K AD left in inventory.....perhaps someday i will have incentive to spend it...but I already got uber gear already....nothing interesting to keep playing ATM. spending a lot more time over in CO and STO..... and you'd think those two games would be the ones I'm bored with out of the three.

ball's in your court cryptic/pwe ..... are you going to spark any more interest? I'm not holding my breath.
    edited August 2013
    Woops, I cant count, its been 59. So I guess one more day until we are supposed to have new class info and race info.

We were never promised info on a new class 60 days after release. All were were promised is that 60 days was the earliest possible date we would see the drow race.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    cgta1967 wrote: »
    wow....only 63 days,...... and I've given up on this game as a bore fest already ( well honestly weeks ago, since it only takes a week and a half to get to max ).

And yet, you haven't, as you are still logging in to the game and posting here.

If you had actually given up on the game you'd be doing neither.
  • Options
    keobiaakeobiaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They want people to buy the new moon(or was it sun?) elf race <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> so they won't turn drow on for everyone until they can maximize profits from people starting new characters with the feywild stuff.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    With the new Moon Elf behind a pay wall, at the moment, it is even more likely that the Drow will be released to all soon. I doubt they will want to have two races behind a pay wall for a long period of time.

I wouldn't be surprised if another form of the Moon Elf was to become available to everyone at no cost just before or at the same time that the next race is released as part of a pay pack.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    So yea, its been 63 days since launch on june 20th.... Still no sign of a new class, or drow being released. I surely do hope that a new class comes soon after Mod 1.
    Merged the thread, please see my reply here:
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . From the Extended FAQ that is stickied:
    What are the specifics surrounding the exclusivity of the Menzoberranzan Renegade Drow that comes with the Hero of the North Pack?

The Menzo-Renegade look, tattoo, racial background, racial ability, and special companion will remain permanently exclusive to Hero of the North Pack purchases. The vanilla, non-Menzoberranzan Renegade Drow race will be unavailable for at least 60 days after release. We are currently planning to do a future update that will allow all players will be able to create a regular Drow character.
    . . . . . Neverwinter Launched on June 20th into Live, so Drow will come sometime after August 19th (20th if you count the 19th itself). There has been no firm release date for the free drow as of yet.

As for class, it's been said many times that it won't happen with Module 1 and they would like for it to come by the end of the year or shortly after.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    knightfalz wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if another form of the Moon Elf was to become available to everyone at no cost just before or at the same time that the next race is released as part of a pay pack.

The Sun Elf is free with Feywild. Together the Moon Elf and Sun Elf make up the Eldarin in Forgotten Realms. So it is already the free version of the Moon Elf.
  • Options
    undeadcrabbundeadcrabb Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Sun elves are NOT moon elves. There's a different lore behind them, plus Moon elves are more common in Neverwinter than sun elves, so it doesn't make sense, that they are available through packs.
    Folow me on Deviant art! ;)
This discussion has been closed.