test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Lords of Light - A LGBT friendly guild {Social, PvE, Light RP, Events}

Comments

• Options
    chaddiwickerchaddiwicker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    sefenia wrote: »
    It's a pity you're not EU based. :)

We have several EU members. There are representatives from Spain, Sweden, the Netherlands and the U.K. that I can remember off the top of my head. Also have some Australians and Turks, which are not EU (yet, in the case of Turkey), but I mention it for those who might be interested in joining us. :)

http://thelordsoflight.enjin.com
  • Options
    talorektalorek Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 85
    edited April 2013
    sefenia wrote: »
    It's a pity you're not EU based. :)

Out of the 70 Lords and Ladies, currently about 25 call a country other than the US their home. We have quite the contingent and we do plan on doing events based on EU times as well once we get going... So if you're looking to join one of the larger LGBT friendly guild in Neverwinter, then you should consider joining with us!
    Talorek

The Lords of Light - A LGBT Friendly Guild {Social/PvE/Light RP/Events}

You can join or visit with us here.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The Lords of Light has surpassed the 100 member mark. Our family is continuously growing. If you still have questions, please join in for one of our events this weekend to check us out. On Friday we will be grouping with near level counterparts and exploring various dungeons... On Saturday, join in for some PvP action. Next Wednesday is RP night so please join us for some fun in the world of Neverwinter!
    Talorek

• Options
    edited May 2013
    I would like to announce that our first guild related foundry content is near completion... Should be up in a day or two. It's called "The Castle of Light". Have fun in there and we look forward to any feedback you have.

We're also still recruiting on the Mindflayer shard. With 170 members from all over the world, there is always someone on.
    Talorek

• Options
    gyloirgyloir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello, I am interested in joining your guild.

I am currently lv 30 and would just like to be part of a good active friendly guild, and it seems like the Lords of Light fits that quite well.

Do I need to fill out the application on your website or just post on here?

My in-game name is Stiler Orion.
  • Options
    chaddiwickerchaddiwicker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gyloir - We'd be glad to have you.

We are on the Mindflayer shard.

To join, you can look up The Lords of Light in the social menu. Type "o". Then switch to the guild tab. We should be listed there. Double click on the guild name and a list of members online should pop up. Anyone should be able to invite you to the guild.

Another option is to join our mumble server and ask someone who is on mumble to invite you. The information is on our website at http://thelordsoflight.enjin.com

My handle is @Chaddiwicker. If you have problems with the other two options, pm me when I'm online and I'll invite you. :)

You don't have to fill out an application to join the guild at the present time.

Hope to see you online soon and happy adventuring.
  • Options
    vaultfairyvaultfairy Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No one is online D:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    vaultfairy wrote: »
    No one is online D:

We have 175+ members (including alts). That also includes many people from other countries/time zones. We may not always have people online, but there will be someone on often.

I will be on in a couple of hours. I see we have a couple of people on mumble at the moment. Keep trying. ;)
  • Options
    sylvialynnsylvialynn Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you were on Dragon I probably would consider it. Been looking for a friendly guild that does RP and PVE.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sylvialynn wrote: »
    If you were on Dragon I probably would consider it. Been looking for a friendly guild that does RP and PVE.
    The plan is for the shards to eventually merge. Please consider joining us after the merge happens or create your next alt on Mindflayer. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    vaultfairy wrote: »
    No one is online D:

That's cuz no one is on during maintenance :)
    Talorek

• Options
    ashkedawnashkedawn Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sounds like a place I would like to be....will look for you in game. Just starting out a little old wizard. I am hoping for a friendly social atmosphere, helpful guildmates (info only, not a beggar). It will also allow me to turn zone chat off...muahahaahaha.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Ashkedawn - Nice to see you in game and nice to see so many fellow Mercedes Lackey fans. ;)
  • Options
    ascendedknightascendedknight Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I just created my new alt on Mindflay after have read your post, but after talking to two level 60 player from your guild and being told to go fill a form on your site if I wanted to join I dont know if I will stay on mindflay. I already been in several LGBT guilds before because I like to play without being harassed because of my sexuality and loved the time I spent there, and I never had to fill a form talking about myself before I had to join. I had been an officer of my last LGBT guild on wow and we never ask people to fill forms just to come enjoy time with us and it was one of the best guilds I ever been. So what I am saying is that I was blocked by two of your members to enter your guild.
  • Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I just created my new alt on Mindflay after have read your post, but after talking to two level 60 player from your guild and being told to go fill a form on your site if I wanted to join I dont know if I will stay on mindflay. I already been in several LGBT guilds before because I like to play without being harassed because of my sexuality and loved the time I spent there, and I never had to fill a form talking about myself before I had to join. I had been an officer of my last LGBT guild on wow and we never ask people to fill forms just to come enjoy time with us and it was one of the best guilds I ever been. So what I am saying is that I was blocked by two of your members to enter your guild.

If your character's name was Sub Zero, then I think I can clear this up. There's been a lot of text already, so let me make this very much to the point:

- Most guilds out there will request that you make a token effort to introduce yourself. Not only does this serve as a courtesy "hello" to the other players, it puts a sort of control on guild members with invite rights so that we aren't filling up slots with players left and right with other leadership wondering where they all came from.

- Guild membership also entails access to the guild bank. We aren't stocking our bank with rank 10 enchantments necessarily, but our permissions are pretty forgiving since we want to help our friends and rely heavily on the honor system. It should not be too much to ask for 30 seconds of your time to make a token introduction before being recruited.

- Your request to join was basically, "Hey so-and-so, add me to your guild." I'm sure you're a well-meaning player and probably a very nice person in real-life, but that's really not how it's done.

Nutshell: we don't ask for much, and we invite ANYONE who isn't a proven annoyance, griefer, or thief. All we ask is just a moment of participation in the forums to help us keep track of whom we're inviting into our guild. It's not asking much, and it's unfortunate that this very standard practice rubbed you the wrong way.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    edited August 2013
    I told the players I meet that I could answer any questions they might have about me in game, but the answer was a round NO, I had to fill up a form on the guild website. At this time I don't want to be forced to register on a website and fill up a form and no one shouldn't be forced to do it. I just want to enjoy the game hopefully with a good bunch of nice people. Honestly, I never had trouble inviting people to my former LGBT guild, I just followed a few questions online and if the player met the basic to join the guild I would just welcome him to the guild and informed him next that we had a website that he could join if he would like to follow us outside the game. I think you guys make things more complicated than it should be. This is just a game, not a job application. Most people might sign up just to fill up the form and to be invited and never return to that website again, while if they are given the choice to sign up, they might come back more often.
  • Options
    xanthus83xanthus83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Unfortunately our guild does ask that you fill out the application. It is more for the person who is wanting to joins benefit than for the guilds. Also, the players you talked to have been told not to invite anyone who has not registered on the website by me, not because they wanted to make things difficult for you. I understand that in the past you may have just randomly invited people to your guild, but that is not how The Lords of Light works. The application is a rather simple process as well is website registration. If you feel this is too much for you then unfortunately it does not look like we are the guild for you. Goodluck in your search.
    Xanthus- 60 CW
    Guildleader of The Lords of Light-http://thelordsoflight.enjin.com/
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Yes unfortunately this is the first thing we concur. This really doesn't seems a guild I would like to join after all. I hope I find a more open minded guild to join and not a ghetto like guild yours seems to be. Good luck with your lives.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    For what it's worth:

1. The application is brief and, imo, non-invasive. We don't require paragraphs worth of answers, just enough to know that anyone wanting to join knows we're a LGBT friendly guild and that you affirm to not steal and be respectful of your fellow members. We have had members join who were not LGBT friendly. Having someone affirm that they are via the application helps prevent harassment of our members.
    2. We have had people request to join who don't realize that we are a LGBT friendly guild or even know what LGBT stands for. Directing them to the application helps to clarify this for people with less awkwardness for everyone involved.
    3. As far as I'm aware, we've approved EVERY application except for 2. One for a name that was not family friendly and one who we could not determine if they had even read the questions. We are not overly selective.
    4. I'm a quiet kinda guy myself. I can log in and play my way with no problems.

I wish you luck in your search for a guild.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I see you guys might have a problem with people stealing from your guild, and maybe is one reason you are so over protecting, but has I know, the guild bank has several configurations to prevent a bank wipe, like for example, limiting the number of items a person can take a day or completely disable the withdraw function completely. So, I don't see a reason for the over protection on that end and I don't see you giving limitless withdraws for all members that just joined. It's not by filling an application that will make a person more honest than they already are.

Seems like you guys have a problem talking to people in game about what LGBT means, and don't want to have the trouble or awkwardness explaining a strange wanting to join.
    2. We have had people request to join who don't realize that we are a LGBT friendly guild or even know what LGBT stands for. Directing them to the application helps to clarify this for people with less awkwardness for everyone involved.
    You prefer the automatic filtering of people and the comfort that an application form gives to whoever invite new members (Less awkwardness for you, less explaining, less talk). Well I learned a more welcoming way to bring new member in and not by offering barriers to them but talking them in. Theres no reason to be ashamed of what LGBT stands for. You got your ways of doing things, and if you are happy with it then by all means keep it up.

Myself, I will be looking elsewhere. Thank you.
  • Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I see you guys might have a problem with people stealing from your guild, and maybe is one reason you are so over protecting, but has I know, the guild bank has several configurations to prevent a bank wipe, like for example, limiting the number of items a person can take a day or completely disable the withdraw function completely. So, I don't see a reason for the over protection on that end and I don't see you giving limitless withdraws for all members that just joined. It's not by filling an application that will make a person more honest than they already are.

Seems like you guys have a problem talking to people in game about what LGBT means, and don't want to have the trouble or awkwardness explaining a strange wanting to join.
    You prefer the automatic filtering of people and the comfort that an application form gives to whoever invite new members (Less awkwardness for you, less explaining, less talk). Well I learned a more welcoming way to bring new member in and not by offering barriers to them but talking them in. Theres no reason to be ashamed of what LGBT stands for. You got your ways of doing things, and if you are happy with it then by all means keep it up.

Myself, I will be looking elsewhere. Thank you.

You are way over-thinking this. No one asks you to register personal information or to submit your resume and cover letter. The requested forum intro takes a fraction of the time that you've already spent in this thread.

If you approach every guild you wish to join with this same attitude of "why do I have to do it your way?", you will be chronically disappointed. I don't know what kind of guild you were a part of in WoW, but any guild I've belonged to had a website and asked members to post at least once before joining so that they could read about the guild's playstyle and special events calendar etc.

I'm retiring from this conversation. Good luck wherever you end up.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    edited August 2013
    I don't know what guilds you were also in WoW and sincerely I don't care, but it wasn't the one I was in for that I am sure. Anyway I think I found a LGBT guild that at least gives his new member the option to guest and participate, being the registration on their website optional and not mandatory like is in yours. I liked how they welcomed me and until now they all seems very friendly. I was a little heartbroken to be honest of all of this story. But thankfully there are more Neverwinter LGBT guilds out there and with different mentalities. Good luck with yours.
  • Options
    xanthus83xanthus83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Always looking for more friendly people on Mindflayer server. Visit http://thelordsoflight.enjin.com/ and check us out, fill out an application and enjoy our company!
    Xanthus- 60 CW
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Looking forward to meeting any new members and friends we gain with the server merges!
    Xanthus- 60 CW
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Yay for server merger tonight and new people!
    Xanthus- 60 CW
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Have had some wonderful new people join us! Always looking for more. If your into pvp,pve, or rp we do some of it all.
    Xanthus- 60 CW
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I am one of LoL's newer members, and they have been so fun and welcoming. Fantastic people to play with!
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    nasafurenasafure Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Can I join your guild?
    Parting is all we know of heaven, And all we need of hell.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Step one is to fill out the intro form on the guild website
    http://thelordsoflight.enjin.com/recruitment

It's very brief, and simply to confirm that you and LoL are a good fit.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Have added several new members the last couple days, always welcoming more friendly faces!
    Xanthus- 60 CW