test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Lords of Light - A LGBT friendly guild {Social, PvE, Light RP, Events}

chaddiwickerchaddiwicker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
Hail fellow adventurers!

The Lords of Light is a LGBT friendly guild that emphasizes creating a safe environment that is enjoyable and respects all members regardless of their backgrounds as they assist one another with what they can, when they can.

We're predominantly a PvE guild but don't be surprised if we dabble in PvP from time to time. Depending on schedules we will hold at a minimum, weekly events from everything from a RP night, to questing, raiding, and pillaging the dungeons. We might even have a game of hide-n-seek thrown in there for fun.

If this sounds like something you might be interested in, or if you have any additional questions, just ask here or send a PM to xanthus83 or myself. We would be happy to help you in any way we can and we look forward to meeting you.

The Lords of LIGHT
Guild Leader: xanthus83
Guild Contact: xanthus83 (PM via this forum)
Guild Website: http://thelordsoflight.enjin.com
Guild Currently Recruiting: Yes - All Races, All Classes
Current Guild Size: 300 but not all are active.
Guild Size Goal: 40-50ish active players.
Guild Type: Light RP-PvE-Light PVP-Social
Guild Peak Time Zones: Eastern, Central, Mountain and Pacific
Post edited by chaddiwicker on

Comments

• Options
    talorektalorek Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 85
    edited March 2013
    Thanks for the introduction Chaddiwicker. If anyone is interested, look for me in Beta and I can answer any questions. Just look for Talorek.
    Talorek

The Lords of Light - A LGBT Friendly Guild {Social/PvE/Light RP/Events}

You can join or visit with us here.
  • Options
    runaerrunaer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I sent a PM,, but I forgot to put that I am Ephrym@zaeriak

I couldnt find Talorek without your handle, hehe
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    We got you taken care of... Welcome to the Guild!
    Talorek

• Options
    bexter7bexter7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hello, am new to the Neverwinter community and enjoy playing the beta.
    I would like information on your guild. It sounds like one I may be interested in.
    I dont know the first thing about joining a guild so I hope to see someone in the
    Beta so I can either join or get more info. I will check back here and see whats
    what. Thanks for the friendliness of this post and hope we meet up.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    To keep up with events while we wait to go live, and to meet everyone, please register at:

thelordsoflight.enjin.com
    Talorek

• Options
    edited March 2013
    What a successful weekend. I would like to say Welcome to everyone who joined us this past beta weekend and we look forward to seeing you during the next one.
    Talorek

• Options
    edited March 2013
    So while we wait for Beta, a few of us have decided to start out at level 1 together on another game. If you're interested in getting to know some of us, head on over to our Guild Webpage. You can also help decide which game we play on our forums.

Right now DDO and STO are in the lead.
    Talorek

• Options
    chaddiwickerchaddiwicker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Thanks, Talorek, for taking the initiative to start this guild. I was pleasantly surprised with the number of people we've gotten so far.

If someone out there who wants to join Lords of Light hasn't gotten a beta key, I have 5 to give out. Head on over to the guild webpage, apply and then go to the forums where I have set up a thread to claim a beta key.

Happy adventuring and I hope to see you in game. :)
  • Options
    bexter7bexter7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    OMGosh! I had a hard time logging in here. *sighs*
    Im here now.
    Glad to be a part of this guild. Hope to get a game up and running with you all if you decided which one.
    I may have an account in DDO. Gonna check it out.

Hope to see you all sometime soon. ;)

===========================

ARAI HANDLEIT IS WHO I BE
  • Options
    sidreussidreus Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Nice to know there will be a LGBT guild in this game. I might join you in Neverwinter.

Will send a PM to Talorek.
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have absolutely no issue with LGBT ( half of my friends are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, lol ), but could you please be more specific about the "Light RP" part? I'm not quite familiar with these segmentations (light/medium/heavy RP). Does it mean that you don't take character development too seriously or what?
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Different folks might have different meanings for light, medium and heavy RP. I take heavy RP to always be in character. I take light RP as either a dedicated night for RP or events that are RPed and then medium somewhere in between. So for us there won't be enforced RP unless you're part of an RP event, and if there are enough folks who want more than just event RP then we'll also dedicate a night to it. It's something we're still talking about on our forums as we decide what we want to do. Additionally, if folks in parties want to RP dungeons, or RP more than that they are more than welcome to, we just don't require them to as a guild that is heavy RP might.

I do know that I will be intending my foundry creations to be role played through so I will be setting those up for event nights or RP nights, and I'm sure others in the guild will want to as well, so there may be more RP thrown in there for various parties. But again, with light RP, we look as anything more than an official night or event as purely optional.

We did set up a separate channel though for those who would like to always be in character...
    Talorek

• Options
    edited March 2013
    It looks like the 5 Beta Keys that Chaddwicker had, have all been claimed. I have one to give out as well and for this one, there will be a little contest for. So if you need a beta key, head on over to the Lords of Light forums and get signed up for a chance to "win" my friend beta key, or just come on over and meet a really great group of folks. We have people from all over the states and our numbers are growing from the EU as well, so don't feel that if you're from Liechtenstein that you would be alone most the time.....

Contest will be a trivia contest - First one with all the right answers will be sent my "friend" key.
    Talorek

• Options
    edited March 2013
    sidreus wrote: »
    Nice to know there will be a LGBT guild in this game. I might join you in Neverwinter.

Will send a PM to Talorek.

Welcome to The Lords of Light Sidreus. We look forward to seeing you at the next beta weekend. In fact, we already have an in-game event scheduled for that Saturday at 6pm pst. Right now on the schedule is a meet-n-greet followed by a little Role Play as we go through a dungeon or 2.
    Talorek

• Options
    gaymer87gaymer87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 291 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    I'd be interested in joining.
    I do not RP however and I am more of a hardcore gamer.
    *~Ezenkrul Kor'hedron -Drow Sorcerer~* **on hold**
    *~Serixil Kor'hedron- Drow Trickster~*
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Welcome to the Lord of Light Gaymer and nice to meet you. Don't worry about RP. It's not something we enforce unless you are attending a specific RP event, and I am sure you will find plenty of hardcore gamers with us too. I like to play hard too, but half the time I felt I was running just to keep up... No time to stop and smell the roses with a few members of this group lol. But each one of them has been great and you will have no problems fitting in.
    Talorek

• Options
    gaymer87gaymer87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 291 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    talorek wrote: »
    Welcome to the Lord of Light Gaymer and nice to meet you. Don't worry about RP. It's not something we enforce unless you are attending a specific RP event, and I am sure you will find plenty of hardcore gamers with us too. I like to play hard too, but half the time I felt I was running just to keep up... No time to stop and smell the roses with a few members of this group lol. But each one of them has been great and you will have no problems fitting in.

Well thanks. That's how I am. No rose smelling for me.
    *~Ezenkrul Kor'hedron -Drow Sorcerer~* **on hold**
    *~Serixil Kor'hedron- Drow Trickster~*
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    If anyones is interested in getting to know us a little better, we will be playing Dungeons and Dragons Online tonight on the Khyber server. Just look for Talorek. Come and spend some time with us. We'll just be starting out so don't fret if you're not a high level. We'll just be playing this off when we can't play Neverwinter.
    Talorek

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Had a great time meeting some of you on Dungeons and Dragons Online. I can't wait to see what we do in Neverwinter!
    Talorek

• Options
    killwalllakillwallla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Im all set up through the site under Sigilbeckons and should have DDO downloaded hopefully soon to hang out a bit this week.
  • Options
    dreadsheparddreadshepard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Welcome to the community! See you all around in game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.zinzerena.com
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Welcome to our newest members. We look forward to seeing you at this weekends beta event.
    Talorek

• Options
    inkedbearinkedbear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 84
    edited March 2013
    Are you recruiting non US members as well? I'm EU based and interrested in your guild. Just don't want to be the only one online when I'm playing :D
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Hail Inkedbear! Currently we have 3 members from the EU and growing. Thus far we have Sweeden, Spain, and Turkey represented so you will have plenty of folks to group up with while you're playing. We'd love to be able to add one more :)
    Talorek

• Options
    ryger5ryger5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Nice to see a LGBT guild advertise!

Welcome and best of luck to you and your recruits.

Consider those of us at SHADOW as allies, both in-character and out-of-character.

Small anecdote, I was raised by <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> parents. I was a child of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> parents from 1981, which was a time when anti-<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> sentiment was at an all-time high. In fact, the day I moved in to live with my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> parents, was the day a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> bookstore was looted and trashed by the Toronto police and not only the owners arrested, but everyone who just happened to be in the bookstore. And that was only a year after bathhouse raids by the police led to hundreds of victims in the hospital from being beaten by the local police.

When the principal of my school found out my parents were <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, he had me kicked out of the school. He used an obscure zoning law to justify it, but I was tossed into an alternative school, no mainstream school due to the ambiguity of what zone I was in (each public mainstream school traded me back and forth). The story made the papers in Toronto in the early 80's. I was not only a political ping pong ball, I had to defend myself from the inevitable violence kids perpetuated on me when they learned about it. I learned to fight, literally fight for <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> rights!

We've come such a long way.

So as a son of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> parents, (one who stood proudly as their "best man" when they were finally able to get legally married), I wish you all the best. You have friends everywhere.

Forgive the anecdote, but as a much older man now (with kids of my own), it just brings a tear to my eye that we've come from such dark times, to being able to openly advertise a guild like this and find so much tolerance and support from it.

As someone who has worn the bruises of the struggle, it just makes me very happy.

If this post offends or seems inappropriate, I am happy to delete it. I don't want to taint your thread, but felt compelled to share my thoughts!
    BalarSig103B.jpg
    SHADOW - A secret cabal for those who thirst for wealth and power.
    Check out SHADOW on YouTube!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    ryger5 - Thank you for sharing your story and thank you for defending yourself and your family. :)
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I still have a beta key to give away to a "friend". If you're up to the challenge, just answer a couple questions here.
    Talorek

• Options
    femmedesetoilesfemmedesetoiles Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Thanks for sharing your story, Ryger. It really helps highlight the importance of allies in building a more civilized and compassionate world.
    Hence, I repeat the invitation to friends and allies to join the Lords (and Ladies!) of Light! :D
    The Lords (and Ladies!) of Light
    ~ A LGBT Friendly Guild ~
    Visit us
    here.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    The next beta starts soon. Check out our guild site at http://thelordsoflight.enjin.com and join us. :)
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    If you have questions, bring them with you this weekend. Saturday night we will host our first guild event which will include a meet-n-greet and an RP trip through one of our members Foundry dungeon. Just send me a tell in game at Talorek@Marakata or check on our website for more information.

Additionally, it looks like we will be using mumble for our guild voice chat server so plenty of opportunity to get to know us.
    Talorek